Meghna
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Member Questionnaire (Meghibli)

Member Questionnaire 1 (Meghibli)
    What is beauty? What is love?
    Beauty is a subjective form of art. It can be artificial i.e. man-made (for example, fine arts, music, fiction, etc.) Or it can be natural, like a flower, forms of landmass, etc.

Love is a form of chronic attachment. It is an unavoidable desire towards the object of desire. It can vary from person to person and in various forms, degrees and expression.
    What are your most important values?
    I'm not entirely aware of my own values. However, if someone points out something to me that is undeniably conflicting towards my sensibilities, I internalize it as such.
    Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?
    I don't, but I do believe in Karma and penance. The world isn't a wish granting factory and more often than not, if you inflict something, the produce will come to roost sooner or later.
    Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?
    National security and interest are vested interests that are ought to be taken care of, regardless of the loss that eventually fades into a statistic or ideas concerning humanity and violence.

Militaries are, unfortunately or fortunately important. People living around tense borders are probably the best witnesses for this. And also perhaps the witness of the disadvantages of armies.
    What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?
    - Hm, I like talking about a lot of stuff. Anything but politics and religion is fine by me. Because both are topics I'm not very interested or informed about. I do like the theoretical aspect of things. And habits that catch my attention. Like minimalism. Vegetarianism. I like talking about that stuff.
    Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?
    Kind of. But not really. I like talking about diets and exercise in terms of others, but I'm not really thrilled about sharing my own details. Sometimes I act like a gym freak, but it's mostly just a hobby I picked up and left once realizing that it isn't entirely feasible for me.
    What do you think of daily chores?
    A bit of the Sisyphean tale, truthfully.
    Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.
    I'm way too tired to type this slam-bookey question (also too old).
    What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?
    When my mother was gone for like a day for some occasion at her own family's residence, my dog looking for me around the house while barking during a voice call from far away, etc. has made me cry. What makes me smile is talking to my mother about anything and everything and messing with my dog.
    Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?
    Probably as a child? Walking through my aunt's flower garden? I used to be obsessed with plucking the roses and taking them back home in-between books I brought with me during the summer vacations.
    What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?
    My handwriting is a big one, for sure. It's the worst. And in every language, too. Apart from that, I highly suspect it's my unsociableness. Which I really cannot do much about, since I get drained way too easily and outside places strike panic in my heart often.
    What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?
    Probably my honest expressions and surpring motivation to get ahead are two things that strike as admirable. But to me, I think I really like how I can think of ways to cope in less self destructive ways.
    In what areas of your life would you like help?
    Networking (for sure!)
    Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.
    Yes, when something doesn't go as expected and close to my safe calculation, it pushes me down the rabbit hole of understimulation and despair. From which it is hard to get out unless I push back with just as much force and motivation.
    What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?
    Engaging people, people who are worldy and know how to take a joke in stride are people I generally get along with/like. I detest people who are inflexible, rude, provocative on purpose and oversensitive to criticism.
    How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?
    I enjoy a good laugh and humility. A good spirit that knows how to get going through life.

Romance for me is dead from too many blunt traumas to the root cause i.e. naïvety, innocence and a sense of wonder. And sex is merely a choice that I choose to refrain from because of my insecurities that haunt me daily. Not to mention that the comfort is missing and instead you are left to wonder about your much better self-pleaauring tactics.
    If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?
    To make sure that my kid's needs are met and they have the means to pursue what they wish to. Obviously, I will provide my guidance, but it would be largely their choice to stay on the right track.
    A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?
    My inward reaction would be to shut off immediately. When I was younger, I used to be more vocal, but with aging, gradually, I've chosen to slowly separate myself from people with extreme differences in personality. I don't want my social circle to be an echo chamber either, though. I just want people who are more nuanced in their expression.
    Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.
    People are okay. They just exist. I just exist. Nothing wrong with that. However, my main problem with society as a whole is the lack of privacy granted to people. Conversations and gossip is birthed due to largely misinformed masses, creating defamation or confusion.
    How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?
    I normally choose my friends at random. Maybe the new kid, maybe the kid who has an exceptional talent, maybe someone who is different from the rest and wants to be known. Apart from that, the rest are random and some even dropped once the requirement for civility faded away.
    How do you behave around strangers?
    I'm quite uncomfortable around strangers. I may come off as stiff and uninteresting, but I can also be entertaining if the stakes of getting along are higher. For example, around the partners of friends, parents of friends.
    Last edited by Meghibli; 09-17-2021 at 10:43 AM. Reason: Grammar and stuff.