Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Types You Hate That Aren't Your Conflictor.

TIM
    IEE 8w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eudaimonia View Post
    IEE

I've worked with them, it doesn't go well. Lots of misunderstandings.

It's funny you mentioned this because I was gonna say EIE's

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zyan View Post
    It's funny you mentioned this because I was gonna say EIE's

Makes sense
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

TIM
    SLE Sx/So
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eudaimonia View Post
    EIE ironically

We get it, you want attention, well I want attention too, so where do we go from here?
    Group up and give each other attention.

TIM
    LSI
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Definitely SEE. I'm no LII, but I think I may even dislike them more than IEEs. This may be because I don't have bad experiences with IEEs I know/they're mistyped/not enough experiences, but the SEEs I've known have always seemed really fake and wield their demo Fe for pragmatic purposes, aka they may show superficial concern and eventually reveal their actual intentions. An SEE teacher I've known decided to ask me how I was doing, and because of my weak Fe I was initially slightly moved because he still remembered me, etc. I didn't even like him much as he seemed overly pushy in his lessons and would pressure people in an annoyingly cheerful voice lol. But eventually I discovered he was advertising lessons.

I was really mad because I felt like he was playing with my sentiments. But my dad, an LIE, did not even bat an eye - like it was just common knowledge for others to text and show concern before basically asking you for money lol. Also an SEE classmate I had would flatter me about my intelligence before asking me for math help. I mean, I could see through that, but I enjoyed the flattery nonetheless. I just absolutely hate it when they use the fake emotional tone for more pragmatic reasons.

Also the SEE teacher would basically ask if I understand a concept. When I don't, I'd ask him questions to clarify and the most annoying part would be him saying "so, you don't know how to do it" - it felt like he was getting me to admit I didn't understand something, almost like he wanted to prove his superiority in knowledge.

My description may be biased with lots of criticism lmao but I don't think this is just a human thing, it seems type-related - but of course, not every SEE would present themselves that way. I do notice the laugh thing with SEEs I've seen though, it's been a pattern

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I don't think I hate ppl for being certain type. That would be kinda sick. However I dislike when ppl keep a victim mentality (fatalism or being unable to see possibilities or take and create solutions), when ppl obey/believe in media or keep a herd mentality/behavior or when someone disregard tangible reality or facts. I think this goes beyond types.
    Last edited by Hope; 10-12-2021 at 01:39 PM.

TIM
    ExFx (don't type me)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

None of them.... and all of them at the same time!

TIM
    Ne-IEE-H
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ni-leads are WEIRD. the way ILIs look at and talk about things... their priorities feel utterly disordered. The way they relate to others seems largely imaginary. POLR Fe does them no favors, I want to be sympathetic but they always come off childish, particularly in group environments. At the same time, they amass so much concrete information and data, and they can actually pay attention to the real world/current events, two things I'm really insecure about personally, so i'm sure they're judging me for my crassness, vaguery, and flakiness. It's a mutually anxious situation. their treasure troves of info ARE interesting to skim from, but it's best for me to keep these types at arm's length.

Smart IEIs are fine but dumb/sheltered ones seem to think the entire world is the bottom of their well. They're fun to talk to if we have shared interests, but any conflict in opinion has to be dealt with with exhausting sensitivity, as we are both very thin-skinned and prone to offense but in ways the other doesn't like to accept as legitimate.

It seems like SEEs get a lot of hate. As an IEE i have sympathy for their foot-in-mouthness, and we are kindred spirits in general, but they are pretty annoying in intellectual discussions (which quickly morph into debate) especially since our interests are in totally different directions. We don't know anything about, nor have much desire to know about, where the other person got their facts and findings from, and the conclusion they've drawn from them inevitably feels like bullshit. Whoever said "POLR is seeing the problem but being helpless to fix it," that's what's so frustrating about encountering another Ti POLR. SEEs also talk way too much.

EIIs are very self-centered, as in lost in themselves. it makes relating to and communicating with one difficult if they've chosen to withdraw for whatever reason. Their POLR Se snappiness I find annoying, adorable, or pathetic, like a small dog. Woe betide you if you fall for one, because despite their sponginess, softness, and insecurity, they're impossible to seduce (they will walk closer to you if they decide they like you and not a moment sooner.) they're RIDICULOUSLY stubborn and it is SO HARD to convince them to do, think, feel, or believe ANYTHING no matter how destructive or irrational their current beliefs are. Their insecurity- or grudge-driven moralizing can also really get on my nerves. that being said, they can be a lot of fun to hang out with so long as you're content to just let them be, and vice versa.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234