Thread: Cluedo / Clue

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Cluedo / Clue

Has anyone played this game and/or read the book series based on the game?

* Mr. Boddy is a wealthy philanthropist and a painfully trusting host. He collects valuable items while generously forgiving his guests for attempting to commit any crime, including theft, murdering each other and so even himself.

* Colonel Mustard is a military man with a short temper who constantly challenges the other guests to a duel (once even challenging himself). He is only shown fighting actual duels twice; once with Mr. Green in the ballroom (The Secret Secret Passage) and once with Professor Plum in the dining room (The Haunted Gargoyle).

* Professor Plum is an absent-minded jack-of-all-trades professor who constantly does things like steal something and forget why or create a poison and forget where he left the antidote.

* Mr. Green is a businessman always interested in making easy money. He, too, has a short temper, often making threats and laughing at others' misfortunes.

* Mrs. Peacock is prim and proper, doing her best to spread social correctness amongst the other guests and scolding them when they are being rude. However, she is willing to kill or steal things to get her way.

* Miss Scarlet is a flirtatious young woman who likes to seduce, steal from, and murder people for money, revenge, etc.

* Mrs. White is Mr. Boddy's housekeeper and cook who constantly pretends to not take any offense to what someone said, only to immediately turn her back and scowl, thumb her nose, and do things of that nature. She will steal or kill to get herself away from housekeeping, but her plans always fail and she is forced to return as "Mr. Boddy's bitter cook".

Types?

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

* Mr. Boddy is a wealthy philanthropist and a painfully trusting host. He collects valuable items while generously forgiving his guests for attempting to commit any crime, including theft, murdering each other and so even himself.
    LIE

* Colonel Mustard is a military man with a short temper who constantly challenges the other guests to a duel (once even challenging himself). He is only shown fighting actual duels twice; once with Mr. Green in the ballroom (The Secret Secret Passage) and once with Professor Plum in the dining room (The Haunted Gargoyle).
    SLE

* Professor Plum is an absent-minded jack-of-all-trades professor who constantly does things like steal something and forget why or create a poison and forget where he left the antidote.
    ILE

* Mr. Green is a businessman always interested in making easy money. He, too, has a short temper, often making threats and laughing at others' misfortunes.
    ILI

* Mrs. Peacock is prim and proper, doing her best to spread social correctness amongst the other guests and scolding them when they are being rude. However, she is willing to kill or steal things to get her way.
    SEI

* Miss Scarlet is a flirtatious young woman who likes to seduce, steal from, and murder people for money, revenge, etc.
    EIE

* Mrs. White is Mr. Boddy's housekeeper and cook who constantly pretends to not take any offense to what someone said, only to immediately turn her back and scowl, thumb her nose, and do things of that nature. She will steal or kill to get herself away from housekeeping, but her plans always fail and she is forced to return as "Mr. Boddy's bitter cook".
    EII
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I liked this movie, I watched it for the first time as a kid borrowing it from the library.

I think the maid might be my dual...
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eudaimonia View Post
    I liked this movie, I watched it for the first time as a kid borrowing it from the library.

I think the maid might be my dual...
    Lol I feel like watching the movie now

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I never read the books, but I’ve played the game

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Poptart View Post
    Lol I feel like watching the movie now

I think it might be on amazon prime if you have that.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eudaimonia View Post
    I think it might be on amazon prime if you have that.
    Omg I do, thank you