Thread: Mind helping me figure out my DCNH subtype?

TIM
    Alexandr Dumbass
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Mind helping me figure out my DCNH subtype?

Not a big fan of this subtype system or anything Gulenko really but my curiosity for his stuff has been revitalized. I looked into the functional dichotomies and various overall descriptions and yet-... I for the life of me can't find out what my DCNH is. Even more so I can't figure out what my "dual" subtype is. What's that? Read here.

http://varlawend.blogspot.com/2020/0...types.html?m=1

If it's any help at all, I'm SEI-Fe.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

well your DCNH type changes depending on what group you're around. it's a dynamic Te thing- which is why I've seen Te polrs struggle so much with it. it's not a stuck Ti identity thing.... so it's not really something to get your heart set on it. Te polrs have the best & purest hearts. It essentinally does not matter so much what your DCNH type is because it will change depending on the people you are around.

You're not a fan of it because it's too Te and Gulenko just pulled out of it his 3D Te asshole.

your DCNH type here, on this forum is probably.... fuck I don't know. 'Collaborative Innovator' sounds a lot like me though lol. That was 16types Adventures in a nutshell, I think. I need an Unconventinal Idealist.

the woman in your avatar trolls me and @Eudaimonia - she's sooo Delta NF dear god.

TIM
    Alexandr Dumbass
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This doesn't seem accurate considering DCNH is said to change throughout your life, which implies a somewhat static nature. However what you're saying does seem likely - a dynamic subtype system. which actually makes more sense to me. Perhaps for more constant subtypes another system needs to be considered.

That being said do you think Gulenko is xLI or am i misunderstanding?

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IMO the DCNH seems very unnecessary. It reads more as Gulenkos musings rather than anything systematic. But I have read few things about it since I've never been that interested in it.

I was able to determine my subtype pretty quickly just by reading the subtype descriptions. I'm not good at recognizing it in other members though.
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To be honest, I haven’t interacted with you to much to be 100% certain you lean more one way or the other. I need about another 100 posts to start getting a better idea

From what I have observed, I put you in the D and N axis. I don’t seem much flow~, I see more concrete judgement. However irl can be different. To me, you seem like a Dominant Fe type or a Normalizing Ti type (maybe Fi even). You’re not afraid to go for it compared to the other SEI’s on here. I’m going to throw either DN or ND into the ring for the time being.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dazu View Post
    Not a big fan of this subtype system or anything Gulenko really but my curiosity for his stuff has been revitalized. I looked into the functional dichotomies and various overall descriptions and yet-... I for the life of me can't find out what my DCNH is. Even more so I can't figure out what my "dual" subtype is. What's that? Read here.

http://varlawend.blogspot.com/2020/0...types.html?m=1

If it's any help at all, I'm SEI-Fe.

If it is any help, Gulenko's DCNH descriptions can be found in the comments on this site, on the pages for each subtype (Ex. SEI D, SEI C, scroll down) https://personality-database.com/sub...rsonality-type