Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Type me questionnaire :)

  1. #1

    Default Type me questionnaire :)

    Hi!

    Firstly, I am not a native speaker so I cannot guarantee a text without grammatical and syntactical errors.

    If I don't quote some of the questions in the questionnaire, it's because I don't have anything to answer.

    What do you study or do for a living? How did you come to do that? What do you like or dislike about it?

    I do nothing, actually. I hate working. I live with a minimal income for people without job. I don't need more. I'm a minimalist person and my favorite activities are on the web so I basically only need a computer and an access to Internet. I'm really happy with that life.

    What else do you do on a daily basis? What are your interests and hobbies? Why do you do them?

    I play video games a lot. Mainly story focused games like RPGs. I also like to read about psychology, history and politics.
    I like watching anime, series, movies...
    I like playing strategy games like chess or card games. I often go to locals around my city to play these games.

    My activities are usually indoorsy as you can see.

    What are your values, and why?

    Tough one. I don't really reflect on that matter a lot. I think I have the same values as a normal human being.

    I'm a nihilistic hedonist. I want to live without constraints, doing what I like. Life doesn't have much meaning for me. That's why I don't chase social status or wealth, because for me they are absolute trifles.

    Describe your relationships with family and friends. What do you like and dislike about them?

    I'm detached from them. I don't have much to say about them.

    I left my family after I moved to my girlfriend's home. We're far away from each other. Of course, I do see them 4/5 times in a year but I do it because of the social aspect of it. I could spend a whole year without seeing them I wouldn't mind at all.

    I don't really have friends. I talk with some interesting folks on the net and that's it.

    I only really care about my girlfriend. We are very alike.

    What do you look for in friends? In romantic relationships?

    Mutual understanding.

    What conflicts have you encountered recently with other people? Why did they happen? Which kinds seem to happen on a regular basis?

    I don't have any recent example.

    The fact of being detached from others and not very approachable may have created some conflicts in the past.

    What are your strengths? What do people like about you? What do you like about yourself?

    People like my open-mindedness. They can discuss everything with me and I'm a good listener. They like my intelligence and my unusual views of the world. My humour, too.

    I like my independence of mind. My imagination.

    What are your weaknesses? What criticism do you often face from others? What do you dislike about yourself?

    From others: that I'm stubborn, that I don't care about things, that I'm insensitive...

    What I dislike about me: Mhh... My lack of willpower but that's not really an issue from my viewpoint that I explained above.

    In what areas of life can you manage well on your own? In what areas of your life would you like help?

    I do well in everything in my life since it's minimalist.

    What things do you dislike doing? What things do you enjoy more than others?

    Things that are unfun.
    Things that are fun.

    What goals, aspirations, or plans do you have for the future, and why?

    Nothing. Because I'm a nihilistic hedonist. I live day by day and I try to get as much fun as I can each day.

    If you won the lottery and didn't have to work anymore, what would you do?

    I'd buy a private island and build a house in there. My activities wouldn't change that much since I already don't work.

    What traits do you find endearing that others might dislike? What traits are considered positive/neutral by others but tend to annoy you?

    I like people that are straight to the point. By extension I don't like people who don't say thing clearly.

    What kinds of things do you do to manage and/or beautify your environment (your room, your house, etc.)?

    I don't care about such matters. I'm unaware of how good/bad looking is a room or a house. My girlfriend is more aware of that. She often notices things in our house that trigger her. So if something is wrong she handles it.

    How do you behave around strangers?

    I'm not at ease and don't talk to them unless they do first or that I find an interest to do so.

    How do you react to conflict? What do you do if somebody insults or attacks you?

    I don't like conflict. It's a pain in the ass and it generates bad feelings. But I don't shy away from a conflict. I always hit back.

    How do you dress or manage your appearance?

    I dress in a simple way. I wasn't very interested in my style of dress until recently but it's still very basic. I just want to look normal so I don't draw attention to myself.

    Do you like kids? Why or why not?

    I don't really like them. Since they aren't grown-ups, they are not interesting to me. I can't have nice discussions with them. I don't like how most children behave. I don't have the parent fiber. I don't want children by the way.

    In what situations or times in your life did you feel most fulfilled, and why?

    When I'm alone with an activity I like to do. I like to be alone and not disrupted by outside factors. My peace of mind is very important to me.

    How do you feel about attention? Do you seek it out?

    I don't feel good and I avoid it at all cost.
    The exception is when I'm with people I know well: I like telling jokes and make them laugh.

    Your friend bursts into tears. What do you do? How does it make you feel?

    I don't feel anything but I understand he's in pain. So, I would encouraging them to talk to me and then I'd bring out some advices.

    What is your biggest accomplishment?

    Mmmh...

    When I won a card game tournament.

    What was (or is) your high school experience like?

    It was terrible. I didn't fit in. People were too annoying, dumb. Classes too.

    What are your spiritual or religious beliefs and why do you hold them?

    I'm agnostic. I think all religious beliefs on Earth are wrong but I can't tell if there is something greater than us. I would say no but I don't have any proof: everything is still possible.

    What are your political beliefs, and why? How much do you care about politics?

    It's a bit complicated to explain. Firstly, political notions differ from one country to another. So it's not going to tell you much. That said, in my country, I am what is called a left-wing nationalist.

    I can't detail my views without more specifics questions on the subject.

    What is or was your favorite school subject and why?

    History because it was extremely interesting. I love to gain knowledge on how we lived in the past, how we evolved, from were traditions come from...

    Then philosophy because I love overthink, write and discuss interesting matters.

    What is one common misconception that people have about life? Explain why it is wrong.

    That you have to accomplish great things to be someone. No one is nothing. We're all unique. We all have a true self inside us. I often be told that I waste my intelligence by doing nothing. But why should I do something in the first place?

    People are chasing success but they fail to understand themselves well. They become what they do which is a false self.

    Where did you go on your most recent vacation? What did you do there? How did you like it and why?

    I went to sea. I won't be more specific on the location since I don't want to compromise my anonymity.
    I liked it because it was nice to see something different. That said, I didn't like the duration of it. 1 week would've been enough but my girlfriend was the one in charge and she planned two weeks. I ended up wanting to come back because I was missing my home, my games and habits.

    Are you comfortable taking leadership roles? In what areas? Why or why not?

    No.

    I lack of self confidence / interest in groups.

    I don't like being told what to do too.

    How often do you get angry? What kinds of things make you angry?

    It's extremely rare. Since I'm not in touch with my deep feelings, I have an issue about how to react to things. I don't know when I should be angry.
    What makes me angry easily is to lose at some multiplayer games because I'm a sore loser.

    What is your sense of humor like? Do you joke around a lot?

    Dark humor. Yes I do with people close to me. I love unusual jokes.

    What were you like as a child? How have you changed since then?

    Oddly enough I was more out going because I wanted to fit in. I did change a lot on that aspect after I realized that it wasn't essential to my well-being.

    That was the last question. If you have more personnalized questions for me don't hesitate!

    Thank you for reading.

  2. #2
    fypm ropan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    70
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    some logical introvert type is most clear.

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ropan View Post
    some logical introvert type is most clear.
    Which one would make the most sense?

  4. #4
    The Evening and the Morning Star Eudaimonia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    TIM
    SEE 3w4 Sx/So
    Posts
    1,911
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    You sound like an Alpha NT.
    ILE or LII.


    For example, this chunk:

    What are your values, and why?

    Tough one. I don't really reflect on that matter a lot. I think I have the same values as a normal human being.

    I'm a nihilistic hedonist. I want to live without constraints, doing what I like. Life doesn't have much meaning for me. That's why I don't chase social status or wealth, because for me they are absolute trifles.

    Describe your relationships with family and friends. What do you like and dislike about them?

    I'm detached from them. I don't have much to say about them.

    I left my family after I moved to my girlfriend's home. We're far away from each other. Of course, I do see them 4/5 times in a year but I do it because of the social aspect of it. I could spend a whole year without seeing them I wouldn't mind at all.

    I don't really have friends. I talk with some interesting folks on the net and that's it.

    I only really care about my girlfriend. We are very alike.

    Why do you consider yourself a hedonist, and also a nihilist? You are nihilistic because you don't believe in chasing wealth? What are you chasing?

    You utter indifference toward relationships sounds like PoLR Fi to me. At least weak Fi.

    How are you and your girlfriend alike?
    With mind distracted, never thinking, "Death is coming,"
    To slave away on the pointless business of mundane life,
    And then to come out empty--it is a tragic error.
    ENFJ | SEE | WELP | 3w4 sx/so

  5. #5

    Default

    Why do you consider yourself a hedonist, and also a nihilist? You are nihilistic because you don't believe in chasing wealth? What are you chasing?

    I consider myself as a hedonist because I'm pleasure oriented. I avoid unfun things as much as I can. Everyone does but I tend to do it more than the average people. I always want immediate results. Since I avoid the pain generated by constraints, I just can't discipline myself. Let's say I want to mastery something: even if I know it'll give me pleasure once the goal is reached I just don't want to face the constraints before that goal. I know I'll give up at some point because training/learning is unfun.

    I'm nihilistic because things don't have such meaning to me. It doesn't matter you accomplish great things: you'll die. So, why should I waste my lifetime to gain money or status? I prefer immediate pleasure.
    Poor people, rich people... we're all equal in death. There is no better path. We all reach the same place. We are mere dust before the Universe.

    There is no significance in our living.

    I don't really chase anything. Except peace of mind and pleasure.

    How are you and your girlfriend alike?

    We have the same views about the world. We react to things in a very similar way. We understand each other very well. We both prefer solitude, calm places, having a small circle of friends and so on.

  6. #6
    fypm ropan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    70
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balerdroch View Post
    Which one would make the most sense?
    i think i'm leaning toward SLI

  7. #7
    FreelancePoliceman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    TIM
    LII-Ne
    Posts
    3,351
    Mentioned
    285 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I’ll try to give my immediate impression since it usually seems more on the mark than my second thoughts. I don’t think you’re an Alpha NT as @D E M O N suggested. I don’t get a sense you use Ne consciously. You vaguely invoke a sense of the significant when you say things like you “talk to some interesting folks on the Net,” but such a thing seems far off for you and not really fully conscious. That you consciously value “hedonism” and value it consistently suggests S, particularly Si. I think that you’re a logical type is obvious; also an introvert. So SLI is what I think.
    Last edited by FreelancePoliceman; 08-27-2021 at 10:29 PM.

  8. #8
    The Evening and the Morning Star Eudaimonia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    TIM
    SEE 3w4 Sx/So
    Posts
    1,911
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yeah, I can see SLI. I saw that you mentioned you strive to have "peace of mind" and thought that didn't sound like something an ILE would say.

    Does SLI sound right to you @Balerdroch ?
    With mind distracted, never thinking, "Death is coming,"
    To slave away on the pointless business of mundane life,
    And then to come out empty--it is a tragic error.
    ENFJ | SEE | WELP | 3w4 sx/so

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by D E M O N View Post
    Yeah, I can see SLI. I saw that you mentioned you strive to have "peace of mind" and thought that didn't sound like something an ILE would say.

    Does SLI sound right to you @Balerdroch ?
    Yes, it does.

    Actually, I struggle a lot to figure out my type. I've been typed by many people and many of them agreed that I'm ILE ou LII. Only two people have suggested that I might be SLI.
    Well, most of these people were using MBTI and not socionics. I've been interested in socionics recently.

    If I'm a SLI, what about my weak Fi you noticed earlier?

    The only thing I'm sure about my cognitive stack is that I use the Si-Ne axis. Can't decide about Ti vs Te and Fi vs Fe.

  10. #10
    The Evening and the Morning Star Eudaimonia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    TIM
    SEE 3w4 Sx/So
    Posts
    1,911
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balerdroch View Post
    Yes, it does.

    Actually, I struggle a lot to figure out my type. I've been typed by many people and many of them agreed that I'm ILE ou LII. Only two people have suggested that I might be SLI.
    Well, most of these people were using MBTI and not socionics. I've been interested in socionics recently.

    If I'm a SLI, what about my weak Fi you noticed earlier?

    The only thing I'm sure about my cognitive stack is that I use the Si-Ne axis. Can't decide about Ti vs Te and Fi vs Fe.

    The Fi thing was just a hunch, I'm not sure if Fi is weak or not. It was just interesting that you weren't all that interested in talking with friends and family.

    What sorts of social environments have made you the most comfortable to be yourself? Do you like loud emotional exchanges or more understated ones?
    With mind distracted, never thinking, "Death is coming,"
    To slave away on the pointless business of mundane life,
    And then to come out empty--it is a tragic error.
    ENFJ | SEE | WELP | 3w4 sx/so

  11. #11

    Default

    What sorts of social environments have made you the most comfortable to be yourself?

    It's difficult to answer since I never really feel comfortable in social envoronments. I'd say places crowded with nerds. I can be myself easier in these settings because I'm with people often as 'weird' as I am.

    Do you like loud emotional exchanges or more understated ones?

    Definitely the latter.

  12. #12

    Default

    So, after I read a lot of stuff about SLI and its functions: I'm not convinced. I mean I hate working, be part of a group and so on. I can't believe I'm a Te valuer with this mindset. I'm not productive at all. Or am I missing something about this function?
    As for Si : yes, I can feel this function is valued. I love to be comfy, fulfill my body's needs... but not in an excessive way. Like I said in my original post it's my girlfriend that take care of our home for the most part. She notices every unpleasant details in the house. I'm not like that and usually don't mind about a dirty mark on the wall etc. She would repaint our room because the wallpaper is very old and do not look good for her. If I agree with her to say it's horrible if I pay attention for some seconds, I really don't mind having it in my day to day life. Would a Si dominant acts like that?

  13. #13
    one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    TIM
    Cool Beta Type
    Posts
    1,552
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balerdroch View Post
    Like I said in my original post it's my girlfriend that take care of our home for the most part. She notices every unpleasant details in the house. I'm not like that and usually don't mind about a dirty mark on the wall etc. She would repaint our room because the wallpaper is very old and do not look good for her. If I agree with her to say it's horrible if I pay attention for some seconds, I really don't mind having it in my day to day life. Would a Si dominant acts like that?
    If you're an SLI not necessarily. I would see that more from an Si creative
    R

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by one View Post
    If you're an SLI not necessarily. I would see that more from an Si creative
    That would makes sense. My girlfriend is Si creative.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •