Thread: OneTriz Questionnaire 2.0 (80 Questions)

Likes being asked questions Relina's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE-Ne 7w6 sx/sp 748
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face OneTriz Questionnaire 2.0 (80 Questions)

Original Type Me
    Questionnaire Source

Taken from the WSS Facebook group. Please underline or somehow mention what blocks or questions that you felt elicited a specific reaction or are otherwise worth mentioning as being relevant when typing you e.g. you didn't like them, found the difficult or easy to answer, irrelevant etc.

Block I

General to specific, specific to general – what does it mean?
    I have no idea what this question is asking honestly.

What does "logical" mean? What is your understanding? Do you think that it correlates with the common view?
    I don't really know, it's quite subjective. I guess logical means you are consistent with your beliefs. It's more of a mindset than a behavioral thing though, you can be very logically-minded but not follow through with your behavior. I don't really know what people's common views are.

How do you explain fractions on the dial of the clock?
    What? I don't know what a dial of a clock is or what a fraction in this context means.

What is a rule? What rules do you have to follow?
    A rule is a set of agreements that people follow. It's like, a group agreeing to be logical if you will.

What is hierarchy? Do you need to follow it? Why or why not?
    A hierarchy is an ordered classification system where certain people or things are rated as "more" than others. For example, compare the "sexual marketplace value hierarchy" with "maslow's hierarchy of needs." A person might be inclined to say "hierarchies are when things are rated as worse or better than each other" but that's an oversimplification. The former rates people on how valuable they might be, which can be good, but not everyone necessarily wants to be good in that way.

What do you think of instructions? Do you use them? Could you write an instruction manual? If so, what type of instruction manual would you most likely write?
    Instructions are like how-to's to do something. I often tune them out if they're long, but I use them when I have to, such as in school. An instruction manual could be fun to write if it's something that interests me. I would write a programming instruction manual because I like it when things are done and explained my way.

Please explain: "Freedom is in complying with the laws, but not in ignoring the laws"? Do you agree with the statement? Why?
    I mean it depends if you're talking about collective or individual freedom. If most people comply with the laws, then they are more free than if everyone just did crimes. Like for example, if crime was commonplace then going outside would likely be dangerous, thus not being as free. I have no idea if I "got" the quote.

Tell us how about consistent you are?
    Not sure, I find the word consistent hard to grasp. Like do I follow something? I wouldn't say so, I'm quite spontaneous and outright impulsive sometimes.

What is a "standard"? Why do people need it?
    A standard is a set of guidelines to achieve for a specific goal. People need it because they need consistency with their goals. If you have no standards to build a boat, then someone can claim a car is a boat and it would be perfectly valid.

You need to put your home library in order. How do you feel about this activity? How will you approach this task?
    "Waste of time," I think to myself. It depends on how important the task is, and why I "need to." Oftentimes though I simply won't do things that don't interest me.

Block II

What is work in your opinion? Why do people go to work? Are there any parameters where you can distinguish whether you can do this work or not?
    Work is something that someone does that has an output or effect. People go to work to get money, to find fulfillment, because of societal pressure, to learn skills, et.c. I don't distinguish whether I can or cannot do work, I distinguish it on a spectrum of how skilled or unskilled I'd be.

Is there any correlation between quality and quantity? Tell us if or how the price depends on quality?
    Yes, generally speaking, quality takes more resources and thus cannot be quantified as much. The price is not necessarily dependent on quality, it's more dependent on how many resources used vs. competition.

How do people determine the quality of work? How do you determine such quality? How well you can determine the quality of any purchase, do you pay any attention to it?
    People generally determine the quality of work by comparing it to the standard, or average of the works. To determine such quality, people can do it by what resources were used and how effectively they were used, or they can do it by if they simply liked/disliked it. I can't think of any time I cared about the quality of my purchases.

How do you feel if you didn't finish some work? Does it ever happen? What are the reasons?
    I often don't finish work because I simply don't want to and don't care about the consequences. I do not fall for people trying to guilt trip me.

What is "interesting work" for you? Please explain in detail.
    Interesting work is work that makes me feel as if my sense of wonder is satisfied. Such as programming, I like it when I get to wonder what I can do with it and how I can manipulate the code to do what I want.

You go to the store and see something you're interested in buying; there is a price tag on it. What parameters are you going to use to understand if it's overpriced, underpriced, or priced correctly?
    I would compare it to previous purchases if applicable. If not applicable, I just kinda... I don't know, I just consider whether I want to buy it or not for that price.

When you work and someone tells you: "You don't do it right." What is your reaction?
    It depends on how I felt about the work. If I agreed with them, I'd try to learn from them. If I disagreed, I'd try to explain what I was doing.

There is a professional right next to you. You always see that you can't perform the way they do. Your feelings, thoughts and actions?
    When you have to ask someone else to help you with the task, how do you feel?
    I take this as a decrement of my self-esteem. I feel inferior to them in that case, but usually wouldn't hold it against them. My thoughts are usually critical, but I don't react. When I have to ask someone else to help me with a task, I don't feel one way or the other because I recognize that everyone needs help with something.

You need to build a pyramid exactly like in Egypt. Your thoughts, feelings and actions?
    Why do I 'need to'? I'd feel annoyed and ask for elaboration.

Was better than the first block, but still doesn't really speak to me.

Block III

What is beauty? Do you change your opinion about beauty? Does your understanding correlate with the generally accepted notion? What goes beyond the generally accepted notion?
    Beauty is something you recognize and apply it as "Okay, that's beautiful/not beautiful." Kind of like emotions. I don't know what the generally accepted notion is.

Please describe your understanding of a beautifully dressed person. What is the core of beauty? How do you explain what is beautiful to a person who has never heard about beauty before?
    A beautifully dressed person is dressed in a way that gives off an impression of social status. The core of beauty is something like an emotion. To explain what is beautiful to a person who has never heard about beauty before, I would show examples of people and things to them to have them differentiate between what they like and what they dislike in appearance.

Is there a template of understanding what beautiful means for everyone to use? Is there such a term as "classical beauty"? If so, what is it?
    No. See the quote "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder." And no there is no such term as classical beauty.

What is comfort? What is coziness? How do you create your comfort and coziness? How do others evaluate your skill in doing so? Do you agree with them?
    Comfort is, I don't know, some kind of emotion. Coziness is the same thing as comfort. Others don't evaluate my skill in doing so because why would they? It's not something I can imagine paying attention to.

How do you pick your own clothes? Do you follow fashion? Why? Do you know how to select clothes for different types of figures?
    I pick my own clothes by which elicits a positive emotional response, by aesthetic and by comfort. I don't follow fashion. And no, I don't know how to select clothes for different types of figures. Not something I tend to pay attention to.

How do you cook? Do you follow recipes? What do others think of your skill?
    I only cook simple things because I have no interest in learning more. I follow recipes loosely. I only cook for myself so the third question is not applicable.

Are you good at color patterns and mixing them and matching?
    No. I vaguely remember my art teacher in Elementary school telling me I was bad at that sort of stuff.

If someone is telling you what is beautiful and what is not, what goes with what color and what is not, do you agree with this person?
    This is a stupid question. It's like asking "If someone is telling you the meaning of life, do you agree with this person?" I don't know their opinion so I cannot tell you if it matches up with mine.

Tell us how you'd design any room, house or an office. Do you do it yourself or trust someone else to do it? Why?
    I'd design it depending on how the person wants it. I don't trust myself with it because design is definitely not my strong suit. I lack spatial ability and often overuse things, to the point where people have told me that my designs look terrible.

How do you know if a person has bad taste? Could you give us an example? Do you always trust your own taste or do you seek opinions from others?
    There's my opinion, and then there's the collective opinion. An example of bad taste that are both my opinion and a collective opinion are socks with sandals. I usually trust my own taste because I have an unyielding need to do my own thing.

This block was boring as hell.

Block IV

Can you line up human resources and make them do things? What methods do you use? Can you press people? If so, how does it happen?
    Well, it's kind of a power or social status thing. If you're asking "you" as in a person, instead of "you" as in me, it's something to do with cornering people and convincing or forcing them to do something. I don't know what you mean by asking if I can press people.

What is incursion? How do you deal with this? Can you repulse? How easy can you do it?
    Don't know what that means.

What does "my people" and "strangers" mean? When do "my people" become "strangers" and why?
    My people is the group you identify with, and want to see succeed above all others. Strangers is everyone else. My people become strangers if they change radically and quickly before you're able to catch up.

Are there strategies of attack? Can you use them? When is it justified?
    Yes. This is such an immensely vague question though, do you mean as in interpersonal conflict or as in literal war?

Do you think it's ok to occupy someone else's territory? In what situations?
    I think it's ok in terms of benefit/cost. If you occupy someone else's territory for no reason and oppress them, then yeah that's obviously bad. But if you do it as in a "the ends justify the means" way, then maybe that's okay. I guess it depends on whether you're doing it to cause goodness, or to prevent badness. I personally don't agree with the former, but the latter definitely makes sense to me.

What are the methods of volitional force? When is it most effective and in what situations?
    Don't know what that means.

How do you protect yourself and your interests?
    Personally I just try to appease to anyone with power by making myself seem nonthreatening and entertaining. Other people can do the opposite and make themselves seem like a force to be reckoned with. I don't do this though because I feel like it's inviting trouble.

Describe your behavior in the situations of opposition and if you have to use some force?
    I don't often face situations of opposition. Usually I try to compromise, rarely use force when I have to.

Do others think of you as a strong person? Do you think you are a strong person?
    I don't really know how I'm perceived. I guess the type of person that thinks "sensitivity = weak" would think I'm strong but I really don't want to listen to that type of person. I don't think I'm strong because I often don't do the right thing and get manipulated easily.

How do you understand if a person is strong? Are there any signs of a strong person? What is the core of any force? Why do people listen to one person, but not the other?
    A person is mentally strong in two facets in my opinion. How often they do the right thing (courage) despite it being hard, and how often they can bounce back from hardship (resilience.) The signs of a strong person are that they stand up for themselves and others. Some people listen to one person but not the other based on solid reasoning, but that doesn't seem to be the majority unfortunately. From my observations, people tend to see it as a popularity contest and want to listen to the popular person.

What the hell does this have to do with typology? It seems enneagram 8-ish if anything, but this was supposed to be for socionics.

Block V

What is boorishness? Does your understanding of it correlate with the generally accepted notion? How would you explain what boorishness mean to a 10 year old child? How would you explain the same to an adult who does not behave ethically?
    Don't know what boorisness is.

How would you improve the moral of the society?
    I don't know whether you mean morale as in motivation or moral as in ethics. Either way, I have no idea. I'm not one for wide-spread big ideas.

Can you justify somebody's bad behavior by thinking that he/she wasn't taught how to do so?
    I don't know how to wrap my head around justifying someone's behavior. If it's causing suffering, they should be retaught or removed from the situation.

Give us your understanding of love. Can you love and punish at the same time?
    Love is a state of feeling and behavior towards someone or something. Love as a feeling is like connection and empathy combined together but stronger. Love as a behavior is respectful and loyal. The second one is kind of interesting, I think punishment is usually used because people don't know any better, but ideally like I said, if the person is doing something wrong, they should be retaught or removed from the situation. They shouldn't be forced to do stuff they dislike. The person you love should not be afraid of you.

Have you heard about the Southern hospitality? Everything is for the guest. There is also a German hospitality – the master of the house is always right. What method is the right one? Try to evaluate without the weight of any cultural aspects, traditions, nations etc.
    I think the German hospitality is right when the guest has an option to go to the house. But if a dire situation, then the Southern hospitality is right. I don't really know how to explain why I think that way.

What is sympathy? When do you need to express it? When is it advised not to?
    Sympathy is a state of feeling and behavior towards someone. As a feeling, it is usually wanting to not make the other person feel worse when they're in an unfortunate situation. As a behavior, it is seen in facial expressions and body language. You need to express it when someone wants you to. It is advised not to when you do it in an excessively pitiful way or when someone doesn't want you to.

Are there any norms of behavior in the society? Do you follow them? Do people always have to follow them? Why?
    Yes, there are so many that are taught to us implicitly that it's hard to think of them. I try to follow them. People don't always have to follow them because sometimes there are situations where breaking norms can save a life, prevent suffering, et.c.

How do you know what attitude among people is right or wrong?
    I don't know. I don't really have an emotional moral compass.

What does moral mean? What is immoral? Does your understanding correlate with the others? How can you evaluate the correctness of your own understanding?
    Moral means behavior that is altruistic and benefits the world. Immoral means behavior that harms the world. I don't know how it correlates with others. I can evaluate my correctness by discussing it with people and seeing if their reasoning holds up.

Somebody is giving you a negative attitude – what is your reaction? Could you show your own negative attitude toward someone else? If so, how? Could you give a person the silent treatment? How easily do you forgive people?
    I just take it if they don't elaborate or become an obstacle. I could show negative attitude toward someone else if I dislike their behavior. I could give them angry glares or tell them to stop doing what they're doing. I don't want to give people the silent treatment because I like imposing my thoughts on people instead of having them come to their own conclusion. I forgive people easily because I often don't care or remember what they did. I am very hard to genuinely hurt.

Was an ok block.

Block VI

"Whole world does not cost one tear of child" – how do you understand this phrase? Do you agree with this opinion?
    I don't know what it means. Something about net happiness being more than net suffering? It's worded strangely.

Is it acceptable to express emotions? Give examples of inappropriate expression of emotions.
    Usually. Inappropriate expressions of emotions include things that would bother other people such as expressing anger at things that aren't injustices. In general, the rule is to not express emotions that aren't warranted in the situation.

Can you use negative emotions? In what situations?
    Yes. You can use anxiety of failure to prevent failure. You can use fear of threats to avoid the threats. You can use sadness of loss to emphasizse with other people.

How do you express negative emotions? What does it look like? What do others think about it?
    I often don't recognize or feel my emotions in general so it's hard to express them accurately. It looks like crying and shouting. Others think it's very bothersome. I do not care.

Shallow emotions – what does it mean? Are there any other emotions?
    Shallow emotions are emotions that lack depth/substance/meaning. This means that they arise, and just go without the person having to reflect on anything. There are emotions that can cause change and reflection such as grief, outrage, love, et.c.

What are right or wrong emotions?
    There are no right or wrong emotions, simply right or wrong emotional expressions.

Can you change the emotional state of yourself? Of others? To what side – positive or negative?
    No, I lack the ability to influence myself. I can definitely change the emotional state of others by making them laugh, annoy them, et.c. Both positive and negative.

What does it mean to "pour out your emotions"? How does it happen?
    To pour out your emotion is to have a strong emotional expression. It happens when someone is very strongly affected by an emotion or when someone wants to display vulnerability.

Does your internal emotional state correlate with what you show externally?
    I like this question. Frankly no, I often find myself feeling bored but acting angry, to the point where people think I'm lying when I said I was bored.

Do you track what mood you are in throughout the day? Do you notice the mood of others?
    Somewhat to the former, not really to the latter. I tend to reflect on if I'm feeling and what I'm feeling but find that the answer is often repetitively simple such as "slightly bored" "slightly angry" "slightly sad" et.c. I don't notice the moods of others because I don't really care and struggle to read facial cues.

I like being asked about my emotions. Good block.

Block VII

Do you like surprises?
    No. They take the control out of my hands. I like having control.

How people change? How do you feel about those changes? Can others see the changes?
    People develop and get more mature or less mature. I feel like it's natural and like comparing the before and now. Others can see the changes if they pay attention.

Is it true that whatever happens is only for the best?
    Probably not. I guess there can be a deity with a master plan, but I doubt that is the case. I don't know, it just feels like some things are unimaginably horrible and can never be justified.

What do you think of horoscopes, fortune telling etc.? Do you believe in luck, lucky fortuity?
    First two, they are simply barnum effect, too vague to accurately predict anything. Latter two, maybe. I've heard of people trying to use quantum physics to their advantage in cases such as randonauting, but I haven't investigated that enough.

Can you forecast events? Is it even real?
    You can guess what will happen but not with a 100% accuracy.

What is time? How do you feel time? Can you "kill" time? How?
    Time is a dimension that connects with the three space dimensions. You can kill time by wasting it and not work towards anything.

Is it easy for you to wait for some important event? What if you don’t know when it is supposed to happen?
    I'm unsure. Nothing is truly a struggle for me, but nothing is truly easy for me either. I find the second question interesting, if I don't know what is supposed to happen then I find myself often feeling slightly excited or outright blocking it out from my thoughts.

Do you need help creating forecasts and determining how something will end? Do you trust those forecasts?
    No. I often do not care so I just show up to the event and wait until it's over.

Are you normally late? How do you react if someone is late?
    No. I do not care if people are late.

Imagine the situation where you agreed to meet with someone. Your feelings and actions: a) 20 minutes before the meeting starts, b) 5 minutes before the meeting starts, c) it is time for the meeting to start, but the person is not here, d) 20 minutes after the meeting start time and the person is not here, e) more time and the person is still not here…
    20 minutes before I'd be ready to go. 5 minutes I'd be there. The meeting starts, I'd give them a bit of time. 20 minutes later, I'd try to quell the "They dislike me and only agreed to meet with me to be polite" feelings, and then I'd text them to see what's happened. If more time passes, then I'd leave and feel like I was duped/scammed out of my time.

Was okay, heard something about a sense of time being connected to socionics but wasn't quite sure how.

Block VIII

Is there a meaning of life? In what? Is it the same for everybody?
    I don't know to both. For me, it's just "get the most happiness points" if that makes sense. Obviously mine's not objective or the same for everyone, but I could see a theist believing that a higher power gives everyone the same life goal.

What should be done so people can be happy?
    I don't know, have them pursue their interests probably.

In the situations with a lot of potential and volatility will you trust your own guts, logically calculating everything or will you ask people you trust what should be done?
    Interesting. I guess I will ask people I trust for logical calculations but weigh that vs. my intuition.

When you meet a stranger, what can you say about them right away? How do you know what this person is all about? Does it take long to understand someone's talents?
    I can say what they look like. I don't know what people are all about because I miss cues easily. It takes somewhat long to understand someone's talents.

Remember an interesting person and call out 5-6 qualities you think are interesting in them. What makes an interesting person? Are you an interesting person? Why? What if someone calls you "boring" and "not interesting"?
    I remember a certain someone had some kind of charm to him. He was very intelligent and had an interesting past. He would be mysterious about certain things, while implying there was more to him than met the eye. An interesting person is someone that gives information about themselves that raises more questions than it answers. To some my quirks, behaviors, and general craziness are fascinating, to some I'm just a lazy bum that does nothing all day.

What opinions, from people who know you, seem: a) fair; b) not fair; c) hurtful; d) strange.
    Many people have called me annoying. I think that's fair. There's also funny, which is okay. There's also "I can tell you're sensitive." which made me think "huh?" And then there's the "Are you actually braindead?" which is a bit hurtful.

Do you fantasize? What kind of fantasies do you have?
    Oh yes I fantasize. I have these sorts of fantasies that I use to gather data on my thoughts and feelings about things. They're usually extremely far off from reality and very much fast, with lots of motion. Not necessarily me in motion, just lots of glimpses of events that happen. Usually there are themes and symbols that mean something to me.

What qualities should a person have to be successful and why?
    First of all, a person should have a desire to be successful. A desire to self improve, resilience, courage, et.c. This is because success is being the leader in a competition. Life is complex and thus to be successful in it, you need to win at it. To win at it, you need to adapt to everything it throws at you, or else you will get stuck and fail.

What qualities can stop a person from being successful and why?
    Sometimes people are just born with many dislikeable traits and thus not be socially successful. Success is interconnected in various ways, with the academic, social, interpersonal ways, et.c. If you fail at one, it's likely that there will be consequences for the others. It's not always a person's destiny to be successful though, sometimes people are just unfortunate or self-sabotage.

What is more important in life – to be a good person or be a successful one? Why? Is a good person always successful? If not, then why?
    Well it depends on the person. Some people want to be recognized for being good. Some people want to be recognized for being successful. A good person can be successful in their own definition. I don't know how else to explain it.

This was one of the better blocks. Overall, this qustionnaire was quite mediocre and repetitive, too many "What's" and "Do's" and not enough "Why's" and "How's." I dunno what I would recommend though.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok so yeah, I didn't think that questionnaire was worded very well but what I think is that it breaks down like this.

Block 1 - Ti
    Block 2 - Te
    Block 3 - Si
    Block 4 - Se
    Block 5 - Fi
    Block 6 - Fe
    Block 7 - Ne? or Ni
    Block 8 - Ni? or Ne (didn't sound like Ni to me.)

I think that I'm not seeing a lot of intuition in your answers. You seem to have little patience for vague or ambiguous questions.

I'm thinking that you could still be IEE. You didn't seem to like the Ti questions nor did you really relate to them.

Your answers sounded like you value Fi over Fe, from how you talk about Fe.

Your answers seem more confident and comfortable for Te over Ti.

IDK I didn't like the questionnaire but you seem IEE to me still. You said you like programming. I've met many excellent IEE programmers.
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

TIM
    IEE-Ne 7w6 sx/sp 748
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by D E M O N View Post
    Ok so yeah, I didn't think that questionnaire was worded very well but what I think is that it breaks down like this.

Block 1 - Ti
    Block 2 - Te
    Block 3 - Si
    Block 4 - Se
    Block 5 - Fi
    Block 6 - Fe
    Block 7 - Ne? or Ni
    Block 8 - Ni? or Ne (didn't sound like Ni to me.)

I think that I'm not seeing a lot of intuition in your answers. You seem to have little patience for vague or ambiguous questions.

I'm thinking that you could still be IEE. You didn't seem to like the Ti questions nor did you really relate to them.

Your answers sounded like you value Fi over Fe, from how you talk about Fe.

Your answers seem more confident and comfortable for Te over Ti.

IDK I didn't like the questionnaire but you seem IEE to me still. You said you like programming. I've met many excellent IEE programmers.
    Yeah I didn't like the vague questions because like, I need to know what I'm doing. Think that may be an autism thing tho lul.
    Thanks for the response though, appreciate it

TIM
    IEE-Ne 7w6 sx/sp 748
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://imgur.com/a/wYldxmA
    okay what would you guys VI based off of this? i was reading a short paragraph.