Thread: TYPE ME VIDEO

TIM
    SEIZOR
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile TYPE ME VIDEO

I was told I should make a video so that people could better type me, so here it is. I also took a Socionics test at sociotype.com and I got this result:
    https://www.sociotype.com/tests/result/est/631290

Here are the answers I gave in the video:

What do you study or do for a living? How did you come to do that? What do you like or dislike about it?
    I work in HR. I like it ok because I can talk to different people and not get bored. I studied Computer Science and hated it, I would be stuck in my room all the time trying to debug a coding project.

What else do you do on a daily basis? What are your interests and hobbies? Why do you do them?
    I like to write, draw, watch movies and analyze them. I’ve been learning more about photography and I want to try to make synth music.
    What are your values, and why?
    I value loyalty, honesty, kindness, tolerance, civic duty, honor, strength in character.
    I value these things because I think they help make the world better.

Describe your relationships with family and friends. What do you like and dislike about them?
    I am on good terms with my family and friends and even acquaintances. There is little I dislike about them.
    What do you look for in friends? In romantic relationships?
    I want people who I can laugh and joke with.

I like a partner who can help me get out of my head and get me to act in the real world.
    What conflicts have you encountered recently with other people? Why did they happen? Which kinds seem to happen on a regular basis?
    I rarely have gotten into conflicts with people. Usually, I may lose my patience with someone who is rude or inconsiderate, or bullying. Bullying will get me very upset.

What are your strengths? What do people like about you? What do you like about yourself?
    People like that I make them laugh. Some have said that I make them feel comfortable enough to share things with me. I like that I am creative and imaginative, some people tried to put me down for being this way but I’m proud of being this way.
    What are your weaknesses? What criticism do you often face from others? What do you dislike about yourself?
    I can be moody and shy, but other times I am very gregarious. Scatterbrained. Messy. Disorganized. Lazy. I’m trying to fix all of these things of course.
    In what areas of life can you manage well on your own? In what areas of your life would you like help?
    I can manage most things on my own pretty well. I do have trouble with practical things like fixing things around the house, changing my own oil, but I can learn it if I need to.
    If you won the lottery and didn't have to work anymore, what would you do?
    I would go after all of my passions. I want to go back to school to study all sorts of things but I can’t afford it.
    What traits do you find endearing that others might dislike? What traits are considered positive/neutral by others but tend to annoy you?
    I hate when people try to push me around and look down on me.
    Even though I find rudeness contemptible, sometimes it can be funny to me. Obnoxious crude humor can win me over.
    How do you react to conflict? What do you do if somebody insults or attacks you?
    I can be ok with a level of teasing, but if someone is trying to get under my skin I will start to insult them back. If someone tries to attack me over it of course I’ll have to be ready to fight them.
    Would you ever be interested in starting a business? Why or why not? What role would you play in it? What kind of business would it be?
    I would never do that, it seems like a big hassle. It was never something I was interested in.
    In what situations or times in your life did you feel most fulfilled, and why?
    I feel fulfilled when I have a goal for my future figured out, finishing things depresses me.
    Last edited by Toro; 09-01-2021 at 02:14 AM.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Hi, @DancingShiva.

I'd say you are either ILI-Te or LIE-Ni. It's a tough call between the two. Sometimes you look like one type in the video, sometimes the other.

I've never seen anyone so balanced between the two types before.

*EDIT*
    Whoops. I spoke too soon. (Before I watched the entire video.) Your answers to the business question places you just on the ILI side of the line. Barely.

Welcome to the forum.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why do you hate rudeness but find it funny at the same time?
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Have a look at delta NF.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

“ Even though I find rudeness contemptible, sometimes it can be funny to me”

Yeah EIE final
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    SEIZOR
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by D E M O N View Post
    Why do you hate rudeness but find it funny at the same time?

I don't know. I'll have to think about that.

TIM
    SEIZOR
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Hi, @DancingShiva.

I'd say you are either ILI-Te or LIE-Ni. It's a tough call between the two. Sometimes you look like one type in the video, sometimes the other.

I've never seen anyone so balanced between the two types before.

*EDIT*
    Whoops. I spoke too soon. (Before I watched the entire video.) Your answers to the business question places you just on the ILI side of the line. Barely.

Welcome to the forum.

Thank you. What do the -Te and -Ni at the end of these types mean?

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DancingShiva View Post
    Thank you. What do the -Te and -Ni at the end of these types mean?
    https://www.sociotype.com/socionics/...INTp/subtypes/

https://www.sociotype.com/socionics/...ENTj/subtypes/

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DancingShiva View Post
    I don't know. I'll have to think about that.

What is rudeness to you? Can you think of an example of someone being "rude' and you thought it was funny? How were they acting?
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dunno if LIE-Te or EIE-Ni

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

definitely F type

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

In light of all the F typings, I watched the video again. When I watched it the first time, the things that jarred me from thinking you were a pure T-type were your preference for HR over programming, the fact that you are on good terms with your family (Most LIEs and ILIs are not.), and you are wearing a red sweater, which could be LIE but still is a bit out of character for LIE. But you know, not every person is going to be a perfect representative of their type, so I went with the two types that you seem to correlate well with.

What I do clearly see is Victim, and you really do resemble both LIEs and ILIs whom I know.

But, those three things I mentioned above.......Plus, the fact that LIEs and EIEs can look a lot alike.......plus the fact that you said that improving the individual will improve society.... A concern for society is an EIE thing, not an LIE thing.

Yes, you could be an EIE.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

You seem to stay quite solidly in place. Static qualities pointing towards Ij.
    You know what you like especially valued feelings. More static preferences and now there are clear hints towards Fi.
    There are some signs of Se PoLR.
    It seems like you have process(/spin left vs right) preferences under model G. Hence there is a marked similarity on paper with EIE.
    [EIE can not stand rudeness directed towards them but you seem to reverse that direction to others]
    Does this vid make you think resonate with EII?
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    EII-Fi, 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EIE-Fe seems consistent.
    Typing
    Gallery
    | Sedecology
    Network
    Tumblr
    Assessment (Beta)
    Socionics | Instinct

TIM
    SEIZOR
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you all for your responses! I think the consensus is EIE? I read the descriptions for EIE and they made sense to me.

TIM
    SEIZOR
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    “ Even though I find rudeness contemptible, sometimes it can be funny to me”

Yeah EIE final
    Yes, I think EIE sounds a lot like me.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    In light of all the F typings, I watched the video again. When I watched it the first time, the things that jarred me from thinking you were a pure T-type were your preference for HR over programming, the fact that you are on good terms with your family (Most LIEs and ILIs are not.), and you are wearing a red sweater, which could be LIE but still is a bit out of character for LIE. But you know, not every person is going to be a perfect representative of their type, so I went with the two types that you seem to correlate well with.

What I do clearly see is Victim, and you really do resemble both LIEs and ILIs whom I know.

But, those three things I mentioned above.......Plus, the fact that LIEs and EIEs can look a lot alike.......plus the fact that you said that improving the individual will improve society.... A concern for society is an EIE thing, not an LIE thing.

Yes, you could be an EIE.
    I read the descriptions for LIE and ILI and I didn't really relate to them very much.

Quote Originally Posted by PseudoRandomBSGenerator View Post
    You seem to stay quite solidly in place. Static qualities pointing towards Ij.
    You know what you like especially valued feelings. More static preferences and now there are clear hints towards Fi.
    There are some signs of Se PoLR.
    It seems like you have process(/spin left vs right) preferences under model G. Hence there is a marked similarity on paper with EIE.
    [EIE can not stand rudeness directed towards them but you seem to reverse that direction to others]
    Does this vid make you think resonate with EII?
    I watched some of the video, I could see some parts of it being true, but nothing in particular jumped out at me.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can see EIE