4 44.44%

Thread: Where are the gammas?

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Where are the gammas?

This subforum has half the threads/posts as the other quadra subforums. Any theories as to why this could be?

Gammas usually dislike being "drawn" into larger groups where loud exchanges of jokes and quick shifting of one subject to the other are the norm, as in a large dinner table in an informal environment, especially if the group is also somewhat "artificial" as in work colleagues or business partners where personal relationships weren't really spontaneously formed. In such situations, Gammas will tend to focus on the persons sitting immediately near them in order to engage them in more individual conversations or will tend to remain mostly silent, not really participating in the group atmosphere, making the impression of being "introverts" in the everyday meaning of the term.

TIM
    ESFp-Fi 7w8 Sp/Sx
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Extroverted as I may be I relate. I don't typically make friends at work. Amicable? Sure. Helpful? Absolutely, but I don't engage in the social side of work. Usually telling one coworker something is the same as telling the world.

The gossip and workplace politics I don't care for either. I'm here to make money

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hiding in the bushes

like the creeps they are
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Working on something important, probably
    “Things always seem fairer when we look back at them, and it is out of that inaccessible tower of the past that Longing leans and beckons.”
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

in hell where they belong

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

We're in a very Alpha stage in society right now so most of the Gammas are all out hiding. Gamma is the "real world" quadra as well and internet is not "real enough" for them usually. IME Gammas also get easily annoyed & pissy if they can't control certain group situations as much as they want to and end up leaving in a huffy. The forum is also owned by an ILE and so that might have something to do with it as well: just too much opposite-quadra bias built into the natural authority of the place.

I think a lot of them are also writing articles about what a poor job Biden is doing on the taliban thing as well.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BandD View Post
    We're in a very Alpha stage in society right now so most of the Gammas are all out hiding.
    I'm curious why you think this. Practically every social institution or organization, or corporation, that exists relies on the principles of extroverted thinking. Te-empiricism is valued above all else in academia to the point of forgetting previous insights. I assume if you're here you think that Jung was onto something insightful; doesn't the fact that his work has been completely discarded by modern psychology indicate a devaluation of Ti to you?

As for Ne -- yeah, I'll just turn on the TV and peruse the dozens of original and creative series being produced. Or maybe I'll check out the local bookstore and pick up a copy of LOTR-ripoff #1021 or teenage dystopia fiction series #6080. Maybe I'll read up on what brilliant intellectual work is coming out of universities.

Fe? Yeah, nothing like cancel culture to foster an atmosphere of emotional warmth and openness.

I am really confused why you think American culture (you're a fellow burgerstani IIRC?) is particularly Alpha right now.

TIM
    ILI-Ni E6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was thinking the other day about type distribution in the general population, It's possible one quadra is just more common than the other, I've rarely come across other gammas, only known one LIE who is my uncle. J types seem more common than P types in the gamma quadra, maybe even double the P types.
    Last edited by memory; 08-29-2021 at 06:45 PM.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't ever think of Gammas.
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

TIM
    ESFp-Fi 7w8 Sp/Sx
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eudaimonia View Post
    I don't ever think of Gammas.
    Liar

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I'm curious why you think this. Practically every social institution or organization, or corporation, that exists relies on the principles of extroverted thinking. Te-empiricism is valued above all else in academia to the point of forgetting previous insights. I assume if you're here you think that Jung was onto something insightful; doesn't the fact that his work has been completely discarded by modern psychology indicate a devaluation of Ti to you?

Mainstream psychology has been over-run by IEEs. However there is more to life than the 'real world' and Gammas/Deltas will always hold power over there more I think because of the nature of Te/Fi - Alpha & Beta is still an important transitionary period I think. I view it kind of like the four seasons- with Gamma & Delta as the main players (Winter & Summer) and Beta/Alpha as Fall/Spring even if they don't neatly fall into the same pattern. Anyways the question I thought was where all the Gammas on the forum & sub-sects of societies on the internet - not necessarily the real meat space world. ((which yeah you're right, Te will always pwn there because Te is Te lol))

A lot of entertainment industry is Alpha as hell though - look at how much RaptorWizard likes Pokemon hehe. I mean yeah Gammas still owns that in the end probably because it's just another business but it's like genuinely caring about the heart of it (SEI) vs paying attention to how much money you can get off of it (LIE)

As for Ne -- yeah, I'll just turn on the TV and peruse the dozens of original and creative series being produced. Or maybe I'll check out the local bookstore and pick up a copy of LOTR-ripoff #1021 or teenage dystopia fiction series #6080. Maybe I'll read up on what brilliant intellectual work is coming out of universities.

lol well a lot of what Marvel is doing in the MCU is Alpha Ne as hell though. The multiple reality timeline thing it's really up Ne & Fe's ass. I think they still have Delta SJWs and moral purists breathing down their neck to make sure it's still PC in a forced way though.

Fe? Yeah, nothing like cancel culture to foster an atmosphere of emotional warmth and openness.

Yeah, Delta cancel culture. But Alpha comes after the Dark Night of Delta lol. I think the Alpha stage is just beginning so there's still leftover remnants of that.

I am really confused why you think American culture (you're a fellow burgerstani IIRC?) is particularly Alpha right now.
    idk who that is. Te will always be here and American society has too much capitalist Gamma roots for it to be anything different but Biden sent a letter to me in the mail and I was really surprised how Fe valuing it sounded. Most government documents are of course going to sound Te as hell and it just surprised me that it was so Fe. I agree with ppl when they say he's Alpha. Of course I know that the president is just a puppet for the Deep State thing & the people who truly are pulling the strings you never see because that would expose them and make them vulnerable blah blah but still.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

also Gamma society makes the world cut-throat and dog eat dog. Not that Alpha is perfectly righteous but the very nature of that breeds sharky Gamma NT capitalists with omniverse-levels of power and Gamma NTs who are unfortunately caught on the other end as the ''weaker dog' and live in poverty/trailer park with their momma in unhealthy situations.

In the end Gamma societies just decay into something that lacks any morals. ESIs are supposed to 'fix that' in Gamma but I don't think it works permanently as ESI will more likely just end up being corrupt too lol. That's why delta comes after and takes over. They have to make it better by interjecting morality to it etc. It is the best at being the most 'worldly' and grounded and realistic tho of course I think. It sort of just perfects everything in a sinful worldly sense, but without morality. It takes what Beta made rawly and makes it productive, efficient etc.

imo:

Alpha: Plans
    Beta: Power
    Gamma: Productivity/(maybe 'Profit')
    Delta: Purpose

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The term Varna refers to the four broad different classes in society.The term Jati refers to the different specific classified sections of the Hindu Society,called Caste.

There are four main castes as-Brahmin,Kshatriya,Vaishya and Shudra.

Lord Shri. Krishna has mentioned in Bhagvad Gita that the four Varnas are based on Karmas and Duties.

Varna means “color”.But it does not relate to the race of the person,but it is the colour of the indivisual’s soul which represents the unique qualities (Gun),that the four main classes have in minds.

Brahmin

The word Brahmin is derived from the word Brahman ie the supreme self.This caste is traditionally ranked first, among the four main castes.Vedas are the primary source of knowledge for brahmins.They are very important part of Hindu society.

A Brahmin is a member of the highest caste and the members of this caste are highly respected. Priests and scholars are Brahmins hence,since the Vedic times,the Kings had close relationship with the Brahmins and consulted them as their advisors.

Priests daily perform a series of rituals throughout their lives and there are numerous situations in Hindus,like weddings and funerals,when a priest is required.
    A subset of brahmins were involved in the priestly duties,however,since late vedic ages they have adopted professions like doctors, engineers,lawyers,ministers, soldiers,writers, poets etc.

Brahmins constitute less than 5% of the Indian population.The noted personalities from the Brahmin community are as follows-

Saint Dnaneshwar,Eknath,Surdas,Tulsidas,Kalidas, Ravindranath Tagore,Swami Prabhupada,Aryabhatta, Shakuntala Devi,Bankimchandra, R.K.Laxman,Sachin Tendulkar,Sunil Gavaskar,Prakash Padukone,Saurav Ganguly and many more.

*A person with the qualities of love,faith,purity,deep knowledge,spiritual instinct,are represented by the white color and those having this color, have the Brahman calibre.

Kshatriya

The word Kshtriya denotes an aristocratic status.In Sanskrit it is derived from the word “Khatra” ie Power,Rule,Roof,Government etc..This caste is traditionally ranked second in the four main castes.A Kshatriya is a ruler or a warrior and in India the Kshatriyas had power for many centuries.

The Kshatriya caste was formed due to the gradual establishment of a monopoly on military training and the battle technics ,by a tribal section.

In ancient vedic time,this position was achieved on the merits of a person’s aptitude, conduct, and nature. It was observed that the Kshatriya caste children were highly educated in history and they concentrated on military education and defense training for many generations.Kshatriyas were known for defending Indian society and upholding justice

Prior to the ranking of the caste system,the Kshatriya was the highest caste.However, Lord Vishnu, punished them for their tyrannical rule and the Brahmins replaced them on the orders of Lord Vishnu.

The famous Kshatriya personalities are the Ayodhya prince Ram & Laxman,Pandavas,Kauravas etc.

*A person with the qualities of energy,action,strong mind, aggression,power, status and warrior temperament, are represented by the Red color and those having this color,have the Kshatriya calibre.

Vaishya

The Vaishya are on the third rank of four main castes in Indian society.The word �Vaishya� is derived from a word which means �to live,� and the caste was originally focused on farming, agriculture, and trading.

The Vaishyas participated in charity and alms giving. Traditionally, they are the merchant class,like-halwai,oil depot,pot-makers,grocers, shoe makers, meat shops.There are also clerks, helpers in various shops.

Apart from the trading profession,Vaishyas have played a great role in Indian affairs.They provided the temples, hospitals, and other public facilities to people. In the 20th century, many Vaishyas were behind the development of Indian industry.They expanded India and shaped the Indian economy.

The prominent personalities in this caste are-Mahatma Gandhi,Lala Lajpat Rai,Lala Shriram,Walchand Hirachand,G.D.Bira,Dhirubhai Ambani etc.

*A person with the qualities of trading, business and commercial temperament are represented by Yellow colour and those having this color, have the Vaishya calibre.

Shudra

The shudras are the lowest and largest caste.As per the Sanskrit defination,Shudra can be any person,regardless of his Varna.As per the Purush-Sukta of Rig-Ved,the Shudras are originated from the feet of the Lord.

Traditionally, shudras were the labourers,farmers, craftmen,servents,cobblers,blacksmiths,cooks etc.In the 20th century,many organizations have worked for abolishing the caste system and bring equality in India.

Shudras were instructed to use different public facilities which led to a great deal of resentment among the Shudra.The sub-caste of Shudras is untouchable Dalits.
    *A person with the qualities of putting hard labour are represented by the Black colour
    Gamma's - Kshatriya

Thia is what gamma's are (excerpts - source)

The activities/ duties of the kshatriya, determined by his particular nature, are heroism, charisma, determination, resourcefulness, steadiness in battle, charity, sense of leadership.

Just like arjavam (simplicity) and kshanti (tolerance) should not be confused with foolishness and apathy, the characteristics of a kshatriya need to be understood correctly. The expression isvara bhava (“controlling nature”) could also be translated as “lordly attitude” because isvara means “Lord”; a tendency to be bossy is not a bad thing, as it does not mean bullying people around to impose one’s will over others whimsically.

If the bossy individual is qualified and properly trained, and capable to lead, direct and manage others, society should appreciate this quality and use it to its benefit instead of resenting it on the basis of a delusional belief in the complete equality of all human beings.

The only equality that should exist in society is equal access to opportunities to qualify oneself; according to the particular nature (talents and tendencies, or guna and karma) of each individual, some people will become more qualified for some particular duties, and some will be more suitable for other duties, and some others will always need to be told what to do and depend on others for their protection and maintenance.

Of course respect and obedience are to be commanded, not demanded. A true leader shines for his own value and charisma (tejas, saurya) and naturally inspires faith and loyalty in good people.

A true Kshatriya is always on the front line, before anybody else, in the thick of the battle, and is the best example to follow. He works harder and longer hours than anyone else, and is ever ready (24 hours a day, 7 days a week) to sacrifice his own sense gratification, comforts, possessions, position and personal life (by living and by dying) for the sake of the kingdom and the prajas – whether the kingdom is a large country or a village, a neighborhood or any group of people who look up to him for guidance.

A true Kshatriya takes responsibility not only for his own failures but also for collective defeats, inspires and encourages others and helps them to rise and progress to become qualified leaders in turn. He demonstrates concern, care and affection for the prajas just like a good father behaves with his children, engages them happily and appropriately, and always watches over their well-being, over and above his own immediate family and relatives.

If a Kshatriya expects to be obeyed in his orders to people about what they should do, it is because he knows what he is doing; he is daksha, “expert”, as his training has taught him the sciences of war strategy, social management and resource administration.

The word dakshyam also indicates resourcefulness, that is the ability to face new unforeseen situations and to adapt one’s approach smoothly. Generosity and charitable disposition (dana) are his natural qualities, therefore people are not afraid they will be exploited or mistreated in any way; rather, because he is never afraid to stand for justice and protection of the subjects (yuddhe apalayanam), people feel safe in his presence and seek his help and protection. The qualities called sauryam and tejas are similar to each other.

The word dhriti, especially in this context, could also be translated as “grit, resolve”. It indicates the strong determination of the warrior, who firmly faces any difficult situation or loss and even death, and when he is wounded and unable to stand, he continues to fight even on his knees.

This will also be confirmed again in verse 18.59. However, the warrior spirit of a kshatriya is not the war mongering, blood lust, and cruelty of the asuras; he is not a brawling bully and he avoids confrontation and conflict if there is any other option still possible, as the Pandavas demonstrated in practice in their dealings with the aggressive Duryodhana and his brothers.

Besides, there is a specific code of conduct for kshatriyas; non-combatants should never be attacked or harmed, and property that is not directly connected to the fighting should not be destroyed; for example, the encampments where the warriors retire for the night are not to be touched. Even on the battlefield a warring enemy should not be attacked if he is unprepared, unarmed, distracted, distraught, or if he admits defeat.

Sometimes unqualified persons pose as kshatriyas, but they should be exposed and neutralized by genuine kshatriyas or brahmanas; they are described as nripa linga dharam (merely showing the appearance/ insignia of kings). Fake Gammas. Anyone remember the controversy with the "fake gammas"?
    Gammas are natural policemen. Gamma's are the 'Lords'.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So where are the Lords/Policemen?