Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Examples of Enneagram Type in community members and General Typing of Member’s Enneagram

TIM
    SCS EII, so4w5 461
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Examples of Enneagram Type in community members and General Typing of Member’s Enneagram

Thread to type the enneagram of members, and of who is a caricature of each type.

My typings:
    @Beautiful sky: Enneagram 2 or 9. Need get better know for Sexual or Social as dom, but definitely SP blind. May be Social if 2, Sexual if a 9. 2 core straight, or 9w1.
    @BandD: 5 core. Probably 5w6 (Sx/So) 5w4 can work too.
    @Timmyboy: The most obvious 8 core in the community, really.
    @Sol: 1
    @FreelancePoliceman: 5 core (obvious)
    @myresearch: 5 core
    @thehotelambush: 5 core, probably social.
    @MissDucki: Hard to say if she is a 6 or a 9. I can see 9, in my most honesty.
    @toska: Self-preserving 4
    @Adam Strange: Is tough for me but I am not sold on 8 fully. If he is an 8, I would go with Sp8. I would say 1 core or Sp8
    @chriscorey: 7w8 (social) @Poptart is tough for me.. I think 1w9 or 9w1

Good Examples of types:
    @Sol: hardcore 1 (pun intended) Sp.

My own self (Braingel) for Social 4.
    @Timmyboy: 8 core
    @myresearch for a social/self-preserving 5
    @BILLY as a Social 6. I do think he is social>Sp, cares more for community standing, and makes hierarchy lists in way and also more friendly than would expect
    @serenaeva as a sexual 4
    @Beautiful sky is an obvious positive triad core
    @toska epitomizes Sp4 (the counter 4) quite well.
    I am in my head; not society.

Yes, that is who I am, hence the bold am.​ Also, a brain angel. (+ my own incarnation of a Zelda concept).

My thoughts align w action to succeed what needs (at least in my dreamed ideal, they do)…

Dragons:

Babies, click them to make them grow up into Kara’s Dragon Museum

My favorite adult Museum Exhibits

TIM
    SCS EII, so4w5 461
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Adam Strange does have a focus on romance, but other life factors can result in this and with his circumstance.. SP/Sx also would meet their Sp needs through Sx, which would mean he would look for intimacy to fulfill his Sp.

He does not fit an Sx8 archetype very well. Sp8, sure, can fit.

Yes, that is who I am, hence the bold am.​ Also, a brain angel. (+ my own incarnation of a Zelda concept).

My thoughts align w action to succeed what needs (at least in my dreamed ideal, they do)…

Dragons:

TIM
    SCS EII, so4w5 461
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, I think @BILLY being a social 6 is what makes others confuse him as an Fe type.

Dragons:

TIM
    SCS EII, so4w5 461
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Raptorwizard can easily be a 7w6. I type him as an ILE.. So it would not be odd, in spite of others think he is introverted.

Dragons:

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will say if I come across as a 9, that’s a pat on a back for me and obvious growth lol! Tbh, type 6 has been the best personality description for me ever. I try and keep my paranoia to a minimum on here but boy it hella shows when under stress. I get like a 3 when under stress for sure. I get very very image and achievement based when under stress and it doesn’t do well for me. I just tend to be more phobic then counter phobic so I seem more agreeable.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I self type 7w8
    The mind is restless and difficult to restrain, but it is subdued by practice

-Krishna

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Braingel View Post
    @Adam Strange does have a focus on romance, but other life factors can result in this and with his circumstance.. SP/Sx also would meet their Sp needs through Sx, which would mean he would look for intimacy to fulfill his Sp.

He does not fit an Sx8 archetype very well. Sp8, sure, can fit.
    Braingel, You might be thinking that I care about Sp things because I have a fair amount of material security, but I never set out to get that and I wouldn’t miss it if it were gone. I’d just get more, assuming I couldn’t figure out something better to do.

Instead, I have a very wide circle of acquaintances (So-middle competence) but I’m really seeking that one person who will complete my life (Sx-first).

TIM
    SCS EII, so4w5 461
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Braingel, You might be thinking that I care about Sp things because I have a fair amount of material security, but I never set out to get that and I wouldn’t miss it if it were gone. I’d just get more, assuming I couldn’t figure out something better to do.

Instead, I have a very wide circle of acquaintances (So-middle competence) but I’m really seeking that one person who will complete my life (Sx-first).
    The reason why I do not think you are Sx lead has do with archetypes. there are various schools of enneagram, and in the archetype kind, Sx is a very violent, aggressive go-getter. You seem much more subdued than that. More hippie laidback almost, but still intense and firm.

An Sx 8 is the most along with Sx 4 and Sx6, petulant and intense personality.

Sx is not what most people think it is, when it conflates with enneagram types (especially with the reactive triad, which 8 is in) to make an archetype. If you merely go by how you fulfill needs, it is differential, but Naranjo and Chesnut make it archetype.

Dragons:

TIM
    SCS EII, so4w5 461
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An Sp8 is what you fit in archetypically, because you lack the dominant, aggressive, assertive qualities expected see in an Sx 8. They are volatile and highly impulsive. @Tim is one, and then there is a user named Ashton/Mfckr who also is a good example of an Sx lead.

Dragons:

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The reason why I do not think you are Sx lead has do with archetypes. there are various schools of enneagram, and in the archetype kind, Sx is a very violent, aggressive go-getter. You seem much more subdued than that. More hippie laidback almost, but still intense and firm.

An Sx 8 is the most along with Sx 4 and Sx6, petulant and intense personality.

Sx is not what most people think it is, when it conflates with enneagram types (especially with the reactive triad, which 8 is in) to make an archetype. If you merely go by how you fulfill needs, it is differential, but Naranjo and Chesnut make it archetype.
    Well, @Braingel, I'm not violent anymore, for the most part, because I'm old and I don't care about stuff that much anymore. I can be pretty aggressive, and I'd say I'm a go-getter, but none of that seems to be apparent on this forum.

But here are some results of the tests I've taken in the past few years:
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...1&d=1495626909
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...2&d=1495627070
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...3&d=1517235523
    and here's a typical day
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...3&d=1497017742

I like to think that my intelligence moderates the worst of my e8 traits, but the truth is, I'm interested in not being controlled, and in getting shit done.

Here is a screenshot from a Teams meeting last week. In person, I'm probably more dominant and aggressive than I am on this forum.
    https://i.imgur.com/gLJn78g.jpg

When I was a kid, I got hit daily. I saw exactly how that made me feel about authority. Personally, I feel that the use of force and violence, rather than persuasion and appeals to self-interest, is a complete failure of leadership. But when the chips are down, someone has to take responsibility and say, "This is what we're going to do."

TIM
    SCS EII, so4w5 461
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, @Braingel, I'm not violent anymore, for the most part, because I'm old and I don't care about stuff that much anymore. I can be pretty aggressive, and I'd say I'm a go-getter, but none of that seems to be apparent on this forum.

But here are some results of the tests I've taken in the past few years:
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...1&d=1495626909
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...2&d=1495627070
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...3&d=1517235523
    and here's a typical day
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...3&d=1497017742

I like to think that my intelligence moderates the worst of my e8 traits, but the truth is, I'm interested in not being controlled, and in getting shit done.

Here is a screenshot from a Teams meeting last week. In person, I'm probably more dominant and aggressive than I am on this forum.

When I was a kid, I got hit daily. I saw exactly how that made me feel about authority. Personally, I feel that the use of force and violence, rather than persuasion and appeals to self-interest, is a complete failure of leadership. But when the chips are down, someone has to take responsibility and say, "This is what we're going to do."

I believe 8 core for you and am not disputing it, and I figured old age may have a role, but you still see Sx 8 who are old and violent into their old age. Age should not subdue anything, unless maybe we are talking about dementia or that liking. The spirit still will be there. Sx as a secondary type also would mean one uses the Sx to fulfill their need of Sp, which romance and intimacy would help someone with Sp as lead, to feel like they are sufficient.

Sx8 for LIE and LSE which you seem Te base, also is not as common as is Sp8 when they are core 8.

Dragons:

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I believe 8 core for you and am not disputing it, and I figured old age may have a role, but you still see Sx 8 who are old and violent into their old age. Age should not subdue anything, unless maybe we are talking about dementia or that liking. The spirit still will be there. Sx as a secondary type also would mean one uses the Sx to fulfill their need of Sp, which romance and intimacy would help someone with Sp as lead, to feel like they are sufficient.

Age does change people.

Why do you think that the old wolves walk in front of the pack? It's not because they are the most expendable. It's because they have seen everything and know how it plays out and now they are careful.

Yeah, when they were young and strong, maybe they thought that attacking that bear would be fun. That's where that limp came from. Now, they still have the same impulses, but they moderate them.

Also, I stopped drinking. Lol.
    I loved being drunk and out of control. I've been thrown out of a lot of bars, and I have a lot of scars from fights and from doing stupid things while drunk. But now, I can't spare the brain cells, so I just work and screw around on this forum.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Enneagram 8s are self-reliant and fear the control of others. @Adam Strange owns his own business.

“Healthy” enneagram 8 are described as assertive, confident, and self-restrained. I think Adam matches the description.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Poptart View Post
    Enneagram 8s are self-reliant and fear the control of others. @Adam Strange owns his own business.

“Healthy” enneagram 8 are described as assertive, confident, and self-restrained. I think Adam matches the description.

Thank you, Poptart. I appreciate the endorsement, but I'm not as healthy as I wish I were.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Braingel, why did you go out of your way to say my type was obvious? I'm not sure what to think about that. Lol.

TIM
    SCS EII, so4w5 461
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Poptart View Post

I buy 8 core for him, just not really set on Sx8 as in the Naranjo archetype of an SX8. Sp8 is very believable for me, and what you say sounds more Sp8 to begin with.

If we are going by Naranjo, Sx8 still even of restrained, will be far more intense…

Dragons:

TIM
    SCS EII, so4w5 461
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    @Braingel, why did you go out of your way to say my type was obvious? I'm not sure what to think about that. Lol.
    I mean.. No other type would really fit you.. Other than maybe 9, but still does not ring a bell. You do not fit the fears of any other type, or their outward behavior. By how you word things and try learn, it is obvious you fear lacking knowledge and resources. Incompetence.. I could imagine you in my mind, just passively ranting on in your mind about how irresponsible a parent is, idiotic they are, if you saw them do something idiotic with their kids, like go camping outside without a tent, for instance.. And if you are going say it aloud, in a kind of firm, passive almost whispering way to the parent…

Dragons:

TIM
    SCS EII, so4w5 461
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Age does change people.

Why do you think that the old wolves walk in front of the pack? It's not because they are the most expendable. It's because they have seen everything and know how it plays out and now they are careful.

Yeah, when they were young and strong, maybe they thought that attacking that bear would be fun. That's where that limp came from. Now, they still have the same impulses, but they moderate them.

Also, I stopped drinking. Lol.
    I loved being drunk and out of control. I've been thrown out of a lot of bars, and I have a lot of scars from fights and from doing stupid things while drunk. But now, I can't spare the brain cells, so I just work and screw around on this forum.
    I think old age would put out some fire, but you still see spit fire old people who are as strong and rebellious as ever, they may not get into fist fights but they will have the rebellion and the intensity.. I am trying think of a good example of a famous old person who would be Sx8, but cannot think of any (8 cores are actually rare, and Sx ones are even more so)

Dragons:

TIM
    SCS EII, so4w5 461
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is Beatrice Chesnut’s 8 Sx description, even though I do not think she is best enneagram person, she is the most accessible:

Sexual Eights

Sexual Eights have a strong antisocial tendency. People with this subtype are provocative people who express lust through open rebellion- through declaring in word and deed that their values differ from the norm. Along with being the most rebellious of the Eight subtypes, the Sexual Eight is, interestingly, also the most emotional.

This outspoken, rebellious Eight likes to be sen as bad – or at least they don't mind it – and they tend not to feel any guilt over the rebellious things they do. It's almost a matter of pride for Sexual Eights to go against the stream of convention or to disrespect rules and laws.

In childhood, many of these Eights experienced disrespect and a lack of affection and attention from one or both parents, so they decided (consciously or unconsciously) not to recognize maternal or paternal authority. This first rebellion against authority became the template for their strong rebellious tendencies.

The name given to the Sexual Eight is “Possession,” which refers to a kind of charismatic taking over (or dominance) of the whole environment- an energetic capture of people's attention. These Eights display the idea of “Possession” in that they can take over a whole scene energetically, becoming the center of things. Sexual Eights like to feel their power by possessing everyone's attention. They express the idea that “the world begins to run when they arrive.”

Dragons:

TIM
    SCS EII, so4w5 461
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Adam Strange This is Beatrice Chesnut’s 8 Sx description, even though I do not think she is best enneagram person, she is the most accessible:

Sexual Eights

Sexual Eights have a strong antisocial tendency. People with this subtype are provocative people who express lust through open rebellion- through declaring in word and deed that their values differ from the norm. Along with being the most rebellious of the Eight subtypes, the Sexual Eight is, interestingly, also the most emotional.

This outspoken, rebellious Eight likes to be sen as bad – or at least they don't mind it – and they tend not to feel any guilt over the rebellious things they do. It's almost a matter of pride for Sexual Eights to go against the stream of convention or to disrespect rules and laws.

In childhood, many of these Eights experienced disrespect and a lack of affection and attention from one or both parents, so they decided (consciously or unconsciously) not to recognize maternal or paternal authority. This first rebellion against authority became the template for their strong rebellious tendencies.

The name given to the Sexual Eight is “Possession,” which refers to a kind of charismatic taking over (or dominance) of the whole environment- an energetic capture of people's attention. These Eights display the idea of “Possession” in that they can take over a whole scene energetically, becoming the center of things. Sexual Eights like to feel their power by possessing everyone's attention. They express the idea that “the world begins to run when they arrive.”

Sexual Eights express a need for dominance and power over others. They don't want to lose control of anything or anyone, and they want to influence people with their words. Everything-- whether it is a person or a material thing- is an object to possess. These Eights don't seek material security; rather, they seek to get power over people, things, and situations.

In getting and maintaining this power, Sexual Eights can be fascinating and charismatic. Their power comes through a kind of seductiveness and intensity that differentiates them stylistically from the other two Eight subtypes. As Naranjo explains, these Eights have more colors in their feathers; they are more magnetic and more outspoken. They have great powers of seduction.

These Eights look voraciously for love, sex, and excess pleasure in life. They seek adventures, risks, challenges, and the thrill of an adrenaline rush. In line with their passionate forward movement into action, they may be particularly intolerant of weakness, dependence and slow people.

As the most emotional of the Eights, the sexual subtype displays a great deal of passion that may at time gets expressed through emotions that may seem surprising to others and atypical for the other Eights. In these very passionate, emotional Eights there's often a detachment of the intellect- while Sexual Eights may be very intelligent, they express action and passion more than contemplation in the things they do.

These Eights feel things deeply. This capacity can benefit a good relationship, but it can be a problem when a relationship isn't going well. In romantic settings, Sexual Eights may encourage their partners to become very dependent on them or to treat them as the energetic center of their lives. They demand loyalty, but may not be faithful in return. (England's King Henry VIII may serve as an example.) And they tend to have possessive relationships not only with lovers, but, also with friends, objects, places and situations.

This subtype can usually be readily recognized as Eights and is as not likely to be confused with others types. They may look like Sexual fours in that both types can be angry, emotionally and demanding but sexual eights distinguish themselves in their deeply confident (or overconfident) manner in contrast with the Sexual Four's' sense of inner deficien

Dragons:

TIM
    SCS EII, so4w5 461
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is SP8:

The Self-Preservation Eight: “Satisfaction”
    The Self-Preservation Eight expresses lust through a strong need to obtain what they need for survival. The title given to this type is “Satisfaction.” This person has a strong desire for the satisfaction of material needs and an intolerance of frustration, and they have a hard time being patient when it comes to not getting immediate satisfaction of their needs and desires. This intolerance creates a kind of ruthlessness in these Eights about going after what they want and finding ways to get around people who might stand in their way.

Self-Preservation Eights feel compelled to go after what they need very directly without talking about it much—they know how to get things done without a lot of fuss or explanations. These people are the least expressive of the three Eight subtypes: they don’t talk much and they don’t reveal much. This is a no-nonsense person who doesn’t bother with pretenses. Self-Preservation Eights are preoccupied with getting things—and getting away with things.

The driving need of Self-Preservation Eights can be described as an exaggerated ability to take care of themselves and find ways to meet their needs. In their focus on fulfilling their needs, they demonstrate a kind of exaggerated selfishness. They feel omnipotent in being able to satisfy and meet any need, and they disqualify any feeling, person, idea, or institution that opposes their desires. They will go against whatever.

These Eights are characters who know how to survive in the most difficult situations and how to get what they want from other people. Naranjo sometimes refers to Self-Preservation Eights by the name “Survival,” because they excel at generating the material support they need to survive and satisfy their desires.

Self-Preservation Eights know how to do business—according to Naranjo, they know how to barter and bargain and get the upper hand over anybody. Because they are strong, powerful, direct, and productive, they may generate dependency in others who come to rely on their control and protection.

The Self-Preservation Eight is the most “armed” and protected of all of the Eights—this is a more Five-ish Eight. They tend to possess a quiet strength; they are survivors who communicate strength without feeling the need to explain themselves. For them—at times, at least—kindness and good intentions don’t exist. In their need to be strong to meet their needs, they may devalue the world of feelings. And they may not be aware of the damage they cause to others.

These Eights may seek revenge without knowing why. In this way Self-Preservation Eights differ from the Social Eight or the Sexual Eight personality, both of which usually have a specific reason for acting in vengeful ways. This subtype appears more aggressive than the Social Eight (especially in men) and less openly provocative and charismatic than the Sexual Eight.

The Self-Preservation Eight can be confused with the Sexual One because they express a similar energy related to feeling an urgent need to “get what’s theirs.” But Naranjo points out that the contrast between the two types lies in the fact that the Self-Preservation Eight is fundamentally under-social, meaning they don’t mind going against social norms or breaking the rules, while the Sexual One is over- or hyper-social. Even though Sexual Ones are zealous in going after what they want, they still observe social norms, whereas Self-Preservation Eights care less about social conventions and will make their own rules to satisfy their cravings.

Dragons:

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I mean.. No other type would really fit you.. Other than maybe 9, but still does not ring a bell. You do not fit the fears of any other type, or their outward behavior
    Huh. It's always strange to hear people describe me. I don't think I have much of a self-image; if I think about myself it's difficult to come up with any image or description. Even looking in a mirror tends to feel surreal and strange. So it's especially interesting when people on an Internet forum seem to have a definite image of what I'm like. I'd be curious if you could elaborate more on what seems so clear to you.

TIM
    SCS EII, so4w5 461
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BUT when you add Sx with Sp dom, you will directly use Sx needs to meet your Sp instinct, meaning that an Sp/Sx 8 would have a very large emphasis on romance and dating and finding “the one”. How they meet their Sp filters through Sx, the secondary instinct.

Dragons:

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

An Sp8 is what you fit in archetypically, because you lack the dominant, aggressive, assertive qualities expected see in an Sx 8. They are volatile and highly impulsive. @Tim is one, and then there is a user named Ashton/Mfckr who also is a good example of an Sx lead.
    Yea he isnt an 8 agree, i think something like sx 5 fits more.

https://www.personalitycafe.com/thre...estnut.220953/

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@Braingel

I like your typings of me. I am most like a 5. I am 4-ish but only superficially, my actual cognitive processes I don't really see how they are 4-like much at all. 9...peacemaker. Mehhhh I feel this sorta sucks away all my nuance and complexities too much as my true nature is probably more 'provocative' than peaceful. I like peace to an extent because I'm a faggit and faggits stereotypically enjoy peace & quiet over trailer trash fighting & rowdiness, but this also feels too shallow in a way so I do think 5 is the best fit for me as of late. But I could be some form of 549 tri-type definitely.

I would get into enneagram more if it had an intertype relationship system like socionics because I like the Fi-ish slumber party gossipiness of socionics intertype relationship system. But it doesn't even put how the types interact together into any tiers afaik which is part of why I don't get into it as much. It will try to explain them without labeling them or putting it in tiers and my Ti-valuing + aristocratic quadra nature enjoys labels & tier lists hehe.

I do know 1s probably irritate me the most and vice-versa it seems. I don't know how much of this is related to personality type though or if like morally self-righteous fucktards are just universally annoying. I don't really like completely immoral evil people either though.

TIM
    SCS EII, so4w5 461
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    Yea he isnt an 8 agree, i think something like sx 5 fits more.

https://www.personalitycafe.com/thre...estnut.220953/
    I would agree if he is an Sx lead, he would be another type, in my view. Because Sx8, if you just are going purely by archetype, is extremely volatile.. people have no idea how impulsive they are.. Old age will lessen, but the tendencies will never eradicate at complete. The older men and women who never lose their fighting spirit are going to most likely be Sx8.. Sx8 also directly wants power and to control of others. caring about being overpowered by itself merely is Sp8.

Dragons:

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Nice list
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Restricted user
    TIM
    SLI-Si 6w5 613 sp/so
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Adam Strange That's the expression I like to imagine you have on your face every time you have to read something that I write you.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYLO View Post
    @Adam Strange That's the expression I like to imagine you have on your face every time you have to read something that I write you.
    Sometimes when people seem very serious I start laughing. I don’t know why. This annoyed my ex, especially I think since I’m not typically very expressive, and so suddenly laughing at her made her feel stupid. But @Adam Strange doesn’t seem especially sensitive or easily offended, so I don’t mind saying that seeing his face always cracks me up for some reason.

It’s not because he’s ugly or anything, to be clear. I think it’s because he seems so introspective on the forums, and then seeing his face and expressions just hits you as a truckload of pure Te. Wham! The dissonance is hilarious.

(I’m drunk so please forgive me any rudeness, Strange. You aren’t ugly. Just very very Te.)

Riley and Bunny together forever HicksHawking 14Raptor19's Avatar
    Macroverse MtBattle ScholarsGarden Halloween1993 SuperNexus InfinitiesUltimate AllSpectraEverywhere
    TIM
    RayquazaRaichuArceus
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, based on My type, I guess I'm just fissuring radioactive Lich King fields of guest room magician habitats of champion's seals and instant get rich teleporting.
    Chinese Fortune Cookie ~ A fair face may fade, but a beautiful soul lasts forever. Lucky Numbers - 53, 10, 29, 14, 1, 21
    Mr. Mime = Mastermind
    Marius Florin aka LeoSuperCluster as Raging Bolt the Raikou number 1021 and SolitaryWalker brought glory to the years of Silver and forged Pichu, wisdom of force and flair to exhibit dinosaur questing pointers electrocuting cinema and blueprints of emporiums to undertow flows jungle tossing galaxy spanning shivers of essence gems and portals of roads to destruction and arboretums folding castles and swordsmanship of dreams and counters to pleasant vibrations and holy water sprouting evanescent stars and puzzles of grades to saffron climax
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...k-2024-edition

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    Sometimes when people seem very serious I start laughing. I don’t know why. This annoyed my ex, especially I think since I’m not typically very expressive, and so suddenly laughing at her made her feel stupid. But @Adam Strange doesn’t seem especially sensitive or easily offended, so I don’t mind saying that seeing his face always cracks me up for some reason.

It’s not because he’s ugly or anything, to be clear. I think it’s because he seems so introspective on the forums, and then seeing his face and expressions just hits you as a truckload of pure Te. Wham! The dissonance is hilarious.

(I’m drunk so please forgive me any rudeness, Strange. You aren’t ugly. Just very very Te.)
    Yeah, @FreelancePoliceman, you’re right. I have a ton of Te and my Fi is crippled. I introspect here on the forum because I have no other outlet for it. I certainly don’t talk about my feelings with the people I work with or my friends.

I was able to admit that I even had feelings to the LSI gf I had, probably because she was hungry for Fe, but she’s gone and I haven’t been able to really broach the subject with the two ESIs I’m seeing now.

Incidentally, I can totally understand your reaction to seeing my face. You explained it very well; when reading my writings, you get the impression that I’m human and you adjust your expectations to dealing with a sensitive guy, and then when you see my exterior, you just see this stone cold robot.
    Quite a dichotomy. Lol.
    And no, I’m not offended. I was just thinking this morning that this forum has changed me a lot in the past five years. I’m very grateful for having the opportunity to interact in a fairly meaningful way with all of the people here.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 08-23-2021 at 11:02 AM.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can someone explain a sexual 4? This sounds like a Patrick Bateman type person...

The Sexual Four: “Competition”
    In the Sexual Four subtype, the inner motivation is envy, and its manifestation as competition. These Fours don’t feel consciously envious so much as they feel competitive as a way of muting the pain associated with envy. If they can compete against another person they perceive as having more than they do and win, they can feel better about themselves.
    Sexual Fours believe it’s good to be the best. Most people want to present a good image to others, but Sexual Fours don’t care very much about image management or being liked. For them, it’s better to be superior. They are highly competitive, and their intense focus on competition takes the form of actively striving to show that they are the best.
    People with this subtype tend to have an “all or nothing” belief related to success: if success is not all theirs, they are left with nothing. This pattern leads to excesses related to their efforts to achieve success, and it also generates feelings of hate.
    This was an excerpt from Beatrice Chesnut's book apparently, it's called “The Complete Enneagram: 27 Paths to Greater Self-knowledge”.
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm Sexual 7 sounds more like me:

Sexual Seven — "Suggestibility"

Individuals with the Sexual Seven subtype are gluttons for things of the higher world-for optimistically seeing things as they could be in the ideal world of their imaginations. Sexual Sevens are dreamers with a need to imagine something better than stark, ordinary reality. These Sevens have a passion for embellishing everyday reality, for being too enthusiastic, and for idealizing things and seeing the world as better than it actually is. Their gluttony gets expressed as a need for idealization.

Sexual Sevens are not as interested in the things of this world as they are in the things of a more highly advanced dimension. They look at the sky as an escape from the earth; they are more “heavenly” than “earthy.” People with this subtype are light-hearted enjoyers with a need to dream and to idealize and embellish the ordinary. In line with this tendency, they can be very idealistic and somewhat naïve.
    taken from here: https://www.ashliewoods.com/enneagram-sexual-seven

I might make a type me thread for my enneagram, does anyone have a list of questions that could help people type me for enneagram similar to the socionics questionnaire?
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

TIM
    RLOAI?
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do me pls

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RBRS View Post
    Do me pls

TIM
    RLOAI?
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You should have your life complete before getting the girl I think, because if you're in a mental situation in which you need another person to complete your life, then that might lead to dependency and putting yourself in a position of weakness and vulnerability when you get into the relationship.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RBRS View Post
    You should have your life complete before getting the girl I think, because if you're in a mental situation in which you need another person to complete your life, then that might lead to dependency and putting yourself in a position of weakness and vulnerability when you get into the relationship.
    Yeah, well, good luck with that.

Restricted user
    TIM
    SLI-Si 6w5 613 sp/so
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah after reviewing instincts once again, I'm gonna switch to sp/so. Not sp second though.

Certain descriptions that make sense for me. I'll try to find them again, on mobile so page refreshes everytime I go to another tab making copy pasting annoying:

"SO-doms will not necessarily want to spend time in groups rather than one-to-one interactions. If anything, Socials will be more particular about who they spend time with and in what contexts whether it be group or duo. Socials can end up curating specific people that they care about the most."

"Sexual-blinds are often not as in-tune with what turns them on energetically. They can have strong passions and interests, but the level of whole-self immersion in someone/something is less. The SX-blind stackings are perfectly capable of having enjoyable sex, but this area might be less of a 'sacred' place for them. Some SX-blinds will not want to have sex unless they’re in 'love' (or feel a social bond), and others are comfortable satisfying their sexual urges as simply a bodily function that’s enjoyable (especially SP/SO)"

"SX-blinds will attempt to 'merge' with people using Social strategies, being more interested in meeting a person where they’re at. There is a stronger sense of reciprocity in the connection, vs. the Sexual connection being somewhat objectifying the other for an energy fix. They will also lack the psychological androgyny of SX-doms in the sense of having a boundary up that blocks their 'opening' or 'penetrating.' The idea of tossing Social rules aside and allowing yourself to yield to another can feel like 'too much.' SX-blinds can feel strongly about another sexually or romantically, but they are not identified with completely losing themselves as a slave to attraction. SX-blinds might focus their attraction strategy on their dominant instinct instead, with SP/SO often assuming that the 'body' being fit or thin is the key to attraction, and SO/SP assuming that their social display/affiliations/successes/friendliness is the key to attraction."

And this is most definitely not me:
    "The connections made by the sexual instinct do not involve bonding or reciprocity. This is not to say that they can’t feel love, but the instinctual drive itself is more concerned with connecting chemically as if getting a drug fix, and maintaining that locked-in high. They can make friendship bonds or other types of relationships with people, but they are often less 'close' than it seems. Once the energy of attraction wears off, they might forget to maintain that bond as they search for a new energy fix. They also have less of a 'screening process' for the people they interact with. SO has a sense of 'good and bad people' built in, or an innate sense of knowing who has the same moral values or psychological understanding of the world. These similarities will bond them together. SO-blinds often ignore this, and the people in their life are less of a 'big deal' or of something that needs to be focused on."

Source being Enneagrammer.com

TIM
    SCS EII, so4w5 461
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My reason for typing @thehotelambush a social 5 stems from me having gotten better know him.

I for awhile went with his Sp5 self-typing, but if you think about it, Ibrahim has a much more social focus than lets on.

For one thing, he made Sedecology, a social media platform to engage, and exchange information on types.. He never has really had a job that has not involved people.. He was a math tutor, he types people for money… These are 5ish pursuits, and a social influence, where he is sharing knowledge and being the go-to person for complex matter he is knowledgeable about, which is well fitting of a 5 archetype.

He holds Socionics meet-ups, leading them.. And Social lead fits well of his tritype, “The mentor”.

He joins voice chat often, and he also expresses lots of sentiment for community values being more aligned with family. He wants unite people, he focuses on making world more loving, and always reacts positively to others when they talk about such. Social dom is well fitting with Fe suggestive and even alpha values, whereas overall, gamma is more aligned with Sp.

Dragons:

TIM
    SCS EII, so4w5 461
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He fits well, the archetype of the 5 being the person who is the leader of intellectual clubs.

He also seems far more selfless than lets on.. I mean he never asked for donations on Sedecology (as far as I know) until this recently. An Sp would be much more self-driven…

He types people freely sometimes, in spite of charging money for typings, a formal typing..

He also whilst reserved, is “warmer” than would expect of an Sp 5.. Whilst Prince Noir is an ILI with Fe PoLR, he still would nevertheless, exemplify Sp5 quite well.

5 is just a very introverted type, probably the most reserved and introverted one there is, of all 3 withdrawn types. So it is natural to not quite feel as social…
    @thehotelambush

Dragons:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast