Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Examples of Enneagram Type in community members and General Typing of Member’s Enneagram

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYLO View Post
    There is? Seems like it'd be the opposite with the Catholic church condemning it.

A lot of the stuff I found about enneagram emphasized some sort of Christian message.

This is an example:

The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by D E M O N View Post
    Why is there such a strong Christian following in the enneagram community?
    An early enneagram adopter was Christian.

https://religionnews.com/2017/09/05/...namored-by-it/

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Poptart View Post
    An early enneagram adopter was Christian.

https://religionnews.com/2017/09/05/...namored-by-it/

What is the ‘Enneagram,’ and why are Christians suddenly so enamored by it?
    Everything you wanted to know about the Enneagram but are afraid to ask.
    Lol this helps explain so much.
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@MissDucki

I don’t mind discussing/arguing this, but the issue for me isn’t a particular introspective laziness, and I don’t think I’m particularly averse to conflict.

I don’t really see a way to put this into words without sounding angsty. Whatever.
    Re. individuality, the issue for me is that when it comes down to it, all I see at ‘my’ core is something like a vacuum, and an impulse for it to expand and devour everything in the universe outside it. To the extent I have a personality, it seems like a cynically constructed shell to guard my inhumanity. Even this is painful: I regret on some level having to give up the resources/energy necessary to sustain this shell, and wish I could simply re-assimilate it. But I sustain it out of necessity; by being able to move around in the world I can assimilate more experiences/information/ideas into myself.

There’s also a hope that if I feed this shell enough, it might someday turn into a real person and be able to generate new content with which to feed me — so much that I become full.

You’ve probably noticed I try to be likable. It’s not really the conflict avoidance of the 9 but more cynical behavior: ‘I’ make an effort to be likable so that I can more easily consume people.

Every emotion and opinion I express feels like a lie. Even if I had them I wouldn’t give them up. They’re artificial constructs designed to give this shell the appearance of being human.

I’m interested in what people think of me because I’m always concerned there are cracks in the illusion. If I make a slip I’ll be recognized for the inhuman monstrous thing I am, and my effort will be wasted.

I only began developing this shell substantially when I was 18. This is probably why it feels so artificial. Before then — and even now what feels like my “natural” state — is to be inexpressive and expend a minimum of energy. Parents and teachers yelled at me and insulted me for being so inexpressive and unreactive and considered me stupid or autistic or just a “weird kid.” Maybe this is also part of the reason I feel inhuman/artificial.

I understand this isn’t a good way to think, and I really try not to indulge it. I’m just writing this out to try to explain; not to engage in self-pity or angst or whatever.

Banned
    TIM
    IEE-Ne cp684 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MissDucki View Post
    @lkdhf qkb: My Type 6 Brother! I honestly see you as a type 6w7 personally.
    Yeah 6w7 might actually make more sense. I'm still not sure of the tritype, but for now I think something like 649 or mb 648.

Let me type you: 6w7 sx/sp(definitely not sp/sx nor contraflow, you care way too much about finding an ILE for an sp first), 6+2+8 "mama duck" tritype.

TIM
    ILE-De
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Baqer: You always stump me the most to be honest. Often a mystery to me. You’re either type 5, type 8, or type 3. I am heavily leaning toward type 8w9.

lmao I'm pretty sure I'm 7w8

Edit: Though actually 8w9 doesn't sound that far off from how I like to present myself. Idk, I can definitely anywhere from 7-9. Not anything else though.
    Last edited by Baqer; 08-26-2021 at 10:20 PM.

TIM
    IEI-Fe So4w5, 461
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by D E M O N View Post
    Why is there such a strong Christian following in the enneagram community?
    Christopher Heurtz and Catholic fathers of churches/ministers using it
    I am in my head; not society.

Yes, that is who I am, hence the bold am.​ Also, a brain angel. (But Zelda's incarnate too).

My thoughts align with action to succeed what needs…

Dragons:

Babies, click them to make them grow up into Kara’s Dragon Museum

My favorite adult Museum Exhibits

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@MissDucki

Cool!
    always neat to hear others perceptions and I think I kinda see where you got it from

i can definitely be more assertive when I am in a place where I feel like I can get away with it lol.

And I can relate to all the types really, except 7 and 8 tbh… so many people have told me I’m a 9 I just go with it now
    but you aren’t the first (think the 3rd(?)To think 2, and at least the 3rd for 3)
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lkdhf qkb View Post
    Yeah 6w7 might actually make more sense. I'm still not sure of the tritype, but for now I think something like 649 or mb 648.

Let me type you: 6w7 sx/sp(definitely not sp/sx nor contraflow, you care way too much about finding an ILE for an sp first), 6+2+8 "mama duck" tritype.
    Ahaha! I guess I really talk about finding an ILE on here do I? I’ve always been secretly partner seeking but I am really not willing to throw myself in the fire like most Sx doms to be honest. As much as I deeply crave that connection, and that maybe an ILE may be my best bet in finding it, I would rather be alone. I’m used to choosing myself in the end and I end up choosing to sacrifice my heart to save myself to be honest. I would choose me in the end. It’s more safer Well, that is until I actually find an Angel on earth but that doesn’t exist

Thank you though!

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    @MissDucki

I don’t mind discussing/arguing this, but the issue for me isn’t a particular introspective laziness, and I don’t think I’m particularly averse to conflict.

I don’t really see a way to put this into words without sounding angsty. Whatever.
    Re. individuality, the issue for me is that when it comes down to it, all I see at ‘my’ core is something like a vacuum, and an impulse for it to expand and devour everything in the universe outside it. To the extent I have a personality, it seems like a cynically constructed shell to guard my inhumanity. Even this is painful: I regret on some level having to give up the resources/energy necessary to sustain this shell, and wish I could simply re-assimilate it. But I sustain it out of necessity; by being able to move around in the world I can assimilate more experiences/information/ideas into myself.

There’s also a hope that if I feed this shell enough, it might someday turn into a real person and be able to generate new content with which to feed me — so much that I become full.

You’ve probably noticed I try to be likable. It’s not really the conflict avoidance of the 9 but more cynical behavior: ‘I’ make an effort to be likable so that I can more easily consume people.

Every emotion and opinion I express feels like a lie. Even if I had them I wouldn’t give them up. They’re artificial constructs designed to give this shell the appearance of being human.

I’m interested in what people think of me because I’m always concerned there are cracks in the illusion. If I make a slip I’ll be recognized for the inhuman monstrous thing I am, and my effort will be wasted.

I only began developing this shell substantially when I was 18. This is probably why it feels so artificial. Before then — and even now what feels like my “natural” state — is to be inexpressive and expend a minimum of energy. Parents and teachers yelled at me and insulted me for being so inexpressive and unreactive and considered me stupid or autistic or just a “weird kid.” Maybe this is also part of the reason I feel inhuman/artificial.

I understand this isn’t a good way to think, and I really try not to indulge it. I’m just writing this out to try to explain; not to engage in self-pity or angst or whatever.

My main argument for you being a 9 and not a 5 is because I think a Type 3 would bring a healthier and more joyful aspect of your life then a type 8. You can very well be a 5. I don’t view Type 9‘s as not introspective, I just find that instinct triad seems to be able to flow with groups apart from the self which I think you do easily.

Thank you for the explanation!

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baqer View Post
    lmao I'm pretty sure I'm 7w8

Edit: Though actually 8w9 doesn't sound that far off from how I like to present myself. Idk, I can definitely anywhere from 7-9. Not anything else though.
    You can very much well be a 7w8! Just from our interactions on here and with others, you seem much more 8 like. You have mentioned wanting to be more serious on here and you are not afraid to be assertive and say what you think. You also seem wayyy to go with the flow to me with some aspects. Also, my biggest reason is that you seem to have a caring reason behind your intentions. When 8‘s move to type 2‘s, they appear more softer and a champion for the underdog kinda. With what you mentioned of exploring more of that side of yourself lately, I see more of that then a type 7 moving to 5. However, after brushing up on my enneagram readings, I can very much see type 7 as well now.

Just my explanation.

TIM
    ILE-De
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can very much well be a 7w8! Just from our interactions on here and with others, you seem much more 8 like. You have mentioned wanting to be more serious on here and you are not afraid to be assertive and say what you think. You also seem wayyy to go with the flow to me with some aspects. Also, my biggest reason is that you seem to have a caring reason behind your intentions. When 8‘s move to type 2‘s, they appear more softer and a champion for the underdog kinda. With what you mentioned of exploring more of that side of yourself lately, I see more of that then a type 7 moving to 5. However, after brushing up on my enneagram readings, I can very much see type 7 as well now.

Just my explanation.
    What about the w9 over w7?

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Hunches

@FreelancePoliceman 5w6 so (archetypically fits social 5) @Braingel 4w5 so (archetypically fits social 4, 459>469) @Poptart sp 6w5 (I'm thinking 693) @fatgurl so 9w1 (I'm thinking 972) @MissDucki sp 6w7 (and definitely no 8 in her tritype, if I had to take a shot at it, 692>629) @aster 9w1 @BILLYLO sp 6 @Baqer sp @myresearch 5 @BandD 5w4 @thehotelambush 5w6 @PseudoRandomBSGenerator 7w6 @Tallmo 9w1 (9w1 6w5) @flowers and sugar 9w1 @RaptorWizard Fool 7w6 (I'm thinking 794>792) @Sol 1w9 @inumbra 4w5 (Tritype 459, I see triply withdrawn being a thing) @Northstar 8w9 sounds correct

My type - so/sx 4w3

Riley and Bunny together forever HicksHawking 14Raptor19's Avatar
    Macroverse MtBattle ScholarsGarden Halloween1993 SuperNexus InfinitiesUltimate AllSpectraEverywhere
    TIM
    RayquazaRaichuArceus
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ancient wisdom and sorcery of today being science of tomorrow enters Me into a silver song of greedy picture book album card collector chapter book anime swordplay of freeze frame legendary moments under the sun!!*
    Raptor had to lose in 2006 to become Revan, important errands of knighthood and valor to walk with Pokemon and charm the melodies of sweet channels to lush frenzy galloping solo yet swiftly into the sunrise for maximum presents and signed in deluxe oceans of fast trading cards bazooka cascading rumba of love Force constellations restoring last battle cardinal plants actively swirling for juice and petals to wishes
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...k-2024-edition

Restricted user
    TIM
    SLI-Si 6w5 613 sp/so
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightWilderness View Post
    My Hunches

@FreelancePoliceman 5w6 so (archetypically fits social 5) @Braingel 4w5 so (archetypically fits social 4, 459>469) @Poptart sp 6w5 (I'm thinking 693) @fatgurl so 9w1 (I'm thinking 972) @MissDucki sp 6w7 (and definitely no 8 in her tritype, if I had to take a shot at it, 692>629) @aster 9w1 @BILLYLO sp 6 @Baqer sp @myresearch 5 @BandD 5w4 @thehotelambush 5w6 @PseudoRandomBSGenerator 7w6 @Tallmo 9w1 (9w1 6w5) @flowers and sugar 9w1 @RaptorWizard Fool 7w6 (I'm thinking 794>792) @Sol 1w9 @inumbra 4w5 (Tritype 459, I see triply withdrawn being a thing) @Northstar 8w9 sounds correct

My type - so/sx 4w3
    What's your hunch with tritype?

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's your hunch with tritype?
    Oh for you... hmm

sp/so 6w5 1w9 3w2 (I think you got your tritype right)

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What about the w9 over w7?
    I had to think about this and go through some of your old postings to get a more strong idea.

Okay, in regards to an 8w7, you can very much well be. You have mentioned you like to be silly and joke around with others. You have mentioned overthinking in regards to others. You seem to want to enjoy life and not feel crappy feelings. I mean, you liked my little angsty post where my wing 7 was tearing it’s ugly head.

I have a couple arguments against w7 for you. One, I think your overthinking rather leads to your PoLR then feeling stuck in pain and not having a way out. My brother is a 7 and is not much of an overthinker. Though, he always seems to mentally figure out and do some sort of mental gymnastics to avoid pain. Wing 7‘s tend to get a bit destructive when not wanting to deal with their pain. Not in regards to others but to themselves. I thought I was a w5 for awhile because I was so introverted and I liked to analyze things. While I appear extroverted and like to joke, I don’t relate that to my w7. Rather, I get a little nuts when I can’t avoid pain. I will over indulge to the point to avoid pain and I have to be very careful in this regard for this to not lead to an addiction or lead me to do something really stupid. I am connected to my feelings, I am just in disconnect how to deal with it mentally and that leads to a mental fun show. I don’t really see that with you. Plus, all wing 7‘s are crazy in some way, you seem way too even tempered on here and healthy.

I also perceive you for wanting to be with the flow of others from some of your posts. Like you have mentioned that people seem to see you as just a joker or really good at debate but you want to be seen as much more then that. When 6 moves to 9, the become more go with the flow. When 9 moved to 3, they become more assertive and become more individualized in an aspect.

This is just my reasonings for what I have seen you on here. If we actually sat down and had a conversation in real life, I may very well have a different tune. Deeper conversations with discussing life events and thought processes of that make it much easier. Plus facial expressions and emotional tone helps too. You know yourself best, this is just some food for thought
    Last edited by MissDucki; 08-27-2021 at 02:16 PM. Reason: Me fixing my stupid spelling as usual….I write stuff on my phone early in the morning and night sometimes…I blame that :P

TIM
    ILE-De
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Baqer sp
    Would you believe me if I said I was Sx/so?

TIM
    SEI 9w1
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Hunches

@fatgurl so 9w1 (I'm thinking 972)
    You think I'm triple positive, wow. I never thought of that. I'll look into it.
    Chronic "grass is always greener" syndrome

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I took this test
    And I sorta agree with the results. Makes sense that you see me as 9w1
    ACF6853C-EFA1-49AF-B687-B18AABE8BFF6.png

http://enneagramuserguide.com/enneagram-tests
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Idk what enneagram I am, they all sound a little bit like me.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    I took this test
    And I sorta agree with the results. Makes sense that you see me as 9w1
    ACF6853C-EFA1-49AF-B687-B18AABE8BFF6.png

http://enneagramuserguide.com/enneagram-tests
    This site has interesting tests, they made me think.

Got core 5 as always tho.
    5w6 3w4 1w9 lol.

Your family thinks I'm a criminal
    TIM
    BAMF
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

There is? Seems like it'd be the opposite with the Catholic church condemning it.
    @D E M O N

From what I know, I’ve seen more negative reviews about the enneagram in the church.

Some people in the church see it as a good tool, and the other half think it’s something sent from the devil to corrupt the church.

https://youtu.be/rqh4XTDVboc

https://youtu.be/yFwr4ikOK78

https://youtu.be/VelD1ysN-aY

https://youtu.be/kjSHUjC_AVE

https://youtu.be/cYKlUR-3Vxo

https://youtu.be/9umuxq9e4AI

From doing a simple YouTube video search, the top results against the enneagram outweigh the support for using it in the church. I only found one playlist with one guy supporting the use of the enneagram in the church, outweighed by the other people calling it out above.

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...It3IeR6muq8Z-G

If I had to guess why it’s being endorsed in the church, I’d say that it would have to do with the influence of Richard Rohr, who many say is a heretic, and upon listening to him, nothing he says is actually properly backed up by the Bible.

He claims to be a Christian but he’s not really one, it seems. I think that the enneagram and the church teachings shouldn’t mix because they’re both form completely different spiritual backgrounds.

Christianity and the enneagram aren’t linked. They’re two separate spiritual sects; one is occult based, and one is based of the Bible.

I’m not really into the enneagram, or much of a believer of it myself because I think that it’s too spiritual and new aged based at times. I have dabbled in it in the past a bit, but I prefer something more systematic like Socionics to decipher people and systems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Less talk about the church and more about what enneagram type I am . @MissDucki confused me by typing me a 2 and I'm going through an internal struggle rn because it makes sense.
    @DEAD I was more curious why it was accepted at all rather than why it's not or how much acceptance there is in the Christian community over it. Overall I don't really care lol.

But since you put the work in, I'll try hard to respond. The Sandals Church channel was what I used as an example. IDK about the Catholic Church, where I'm from that's not the predominant Christian influence so I wasn't really even thinking about them.

I saw these strange "pastor-like" people talking about the enneagram and I got curious if anyone knew the answer as to why they exist.

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eudaimonia View Post
    Less talk about the church and more about what enneagram type I am . @MissDucki confused me by typing me a 2 and I'm going through an internal struggle rn because it makes sense.
    @DEAD I was more curious why it was accepted at all rather than why it's not or how much acceptance there is in the Christian community over it. Overall I don't really care lol.

But since you put the work in, I'll try hard to respond. The Sandals Church channel was what I used as an example. IDK about the Catholic Church, where I'm from that's not the predominant Christian influence so I wasn't really even thinking about them.

I saw these strange "pastor-like" people talking about the enneagram and I got curious if anyone knew the answer as to why they exist.

Sorry! You seemed type 2 to me! Forgive this duck! I don’t want to cause a legitimate internal panic! Though, feeling triads can seem very similar to eachother!

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry! You seemed type 2 to me! Forgive this duck! I don’t want to cause a legitimate internal panic! Though, feeling triads can seem very similar to eachother!

No worries lol, I'm glad you thought of me.

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am just going to ramble my thoughts real quick. If you don’t want to deal with crap Te, move along

Also, thanks for some of the tri type typings! When I was younger I thought I was 641. Yeah……no. Lol! 62X makes better sense when I sat down and thought about it. I never had a “I want to be loved” explicit fear. But, I realized I have a strong need of acceptance and to be included as who I am from others. Moving to 4 can help with that acceptance.

I am not a 1 for sure in the instinct triad. Either 8 or 9 but I am leaning on 9 possibly. I think more 692 like @MidnightWilderness suggested. I get along with 3’s too well to be a 682 I think. I am not that much of a champion in that regard. When I was younger, sure. Though…I am too “war” focused. In the sense, I like to make sure I have impenetrable forces and I will win dammit! But I will relate that to my type 6 main type.

Besides, 863 is my ideal tri type for a friend or a SO. And it matches up well with a 629. @Adam Strange is 863 and I think we get along well and I understand him enough despite being conflictors. At least, I understand the core fear aspects I think. Correct me if I am wrong.

TIM
    ILE-De
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am just going to ramble my thoughts real quick. If you don’t want to deal with crap Te, move along

Also, thanks for some of the tri type typings! When I was younger I thought I was 641. Yeah……no. Lol! 62X makes better sense when I sat down and thought about it. I never had a “I want to be loved” explicit fear. But, I realized I have a strong need of acceptance and to be included as who I am from others. Moving to 4 can help with that acceptance.

I am not a 1 for sure in the instinct triad. Either 8 or 9 but I am leaning on 9 possibly. I think more 692 like @MidnightWilderness suggested. I get along with 3’s too well to be a 682 I think. I am not that much of a champion in that regard. When I was younger, sure. Though…I am too “war” focused. In the sense, I like to make sure I have impenetrable forces and I will win dammit! But I will relate that to my type 6 main type.

Besides, 863 is my ideal tri type for a friend or a SO. And it matches up well with a 629. @Adam Strange is 863 and I think we get along well and I understand him enough despite being conflictors. At least, I understand the core fear aspects I think. Correct me if I am wrong.
    Alright so I haven't gotten into enneagram much at all, how do tritypes work exactly?

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright so I haven't gotten into enneagram much at all, how do tritypes work exactly?

Think of it like this. We all have different fears. We have fears in regards to the head, the heart, and the environment. Like all three triads. Your main type is your biggest fear and biggest motivator. Your tri-type adds to the other fears that are there but not as strong. Like, I am a Type 6 but, not all of my motivations will always explain my type 6-ness. While I am very comfortable with matters of the heart, I can struggle with type 2 stuff and have type 2 motivations in that regard. But, my strongest fear is to feel secure (6) but, my fear of never being lovable is still apparent (2) in some of my actions, views, and motivations. The tri-type makes up a more complete version of you.

You can also think of it like making a plate of food. For dinner, you need a carb, a veggie, and a protein. I pick mash potatoes, green beans, and chicken. While I enjoy all three and they make a complete and balanced meal, mashed potatoes are my favourite of the dish. That’s kinda tri-type in a real world sense I guess lol.

TIM
    ILE-De
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Think of it like this. We all have different fears. We have fears in regards to the head, the heart, and the environment. Like all three triads. Your main type is your biggest fear and biggest motivator. Your tri-type adds to the other fears that are there but not as strong. Like, I am a Type 6 but, not all of my motivations will always explain my type 6-ness. While I am very comfortable with matters of the heart, I can struggle with type 2 stuff and have type 2 motivations in that regard. But, my strongest fear is to feel secure (6) but, my fear of never being lovable is still apparent (2) in some of my actions, views, and motivations. The tri-type makes up a more complete version of you.

You can also think of it like making a plate of food. For dinner, you need a carb, a veggie, and a protein. I pick mash potatoes, green beans, and chicken. While I enjoy all three and they make a complete and balanced meal, mashed potatoes are my favourite of the dish. That’s kinda tri-type in a real world sense I guess lol.
    Hmmm, alright. Scanned through all the types and I'm assuming I'm a 852, though none of fears of desires really feel wholly relatable. Mostly just slight leans in one direction or the other.

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm, alright. Scanned through all the types and I'm assuming I'm a 852, though none of fears of desires really feel wholly relatable. Mostly just slight leans in one direction or the other.

Also, im just going to post this for everyone if they are curious about more in-depth tri-types: https://zhuanlan.zhihu.com/p/33480491

Fuck this toxic snake pit Fluffy Princess Unicorn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Braingel View Post
    An Sp8 is what you fit in archetypically, because you lack the dominant, aggressive, assertive qualities expected see in an Sx 8. They are volatile and highly impulsive.

I think old age would put out some fire, but you still see spit fire old people who are as strong and rebellious as ever, they may not get into fist fights but they will have the rebellion and the intensity.

Sx8, if you just are going purely by archetype, is extremely volatile.. people have no idea how impulsive they are.. Old age will lessen, but the tendencies will never eradicate at complete. The older men and women who never lose their fighting spirit are going to most likely be Sx8.. Sx8 also directly wants power and to control of others. caring about being overpowered by itself merely is Sp8.
    Agree — rebellion, intensity, assertiveness
    Disagree — volatile, impulsive, and age not affecting those traits

I think 8s anger is far too overblown in stereotypes. They make 8s sound like they need anger management therapy and can never actually show signs of improvement even if they go.

I'm speaking based on experience here partly, but I also think volatility is exaggerated. I think certain people sometimes see me as more emotionally volatile than I am. A little passion/speaking about something I feel strongly about or stand firm on, combined with blunt/forward/direct nature, is often interpreted as volatile. It's not. Frankly, I think sometimes people just overreact to someone who doesn't hold back and is bold, and they make it out to be more than what it is. Most of the time it's not real anger as much as it is merely a raw, visceral energy. Something more along the lines of vitality, willpower, and force. Anger is barely there, it just looks like that to others.

Bear in mind that Enneagram primarily talks about the unhealthy versions of the types. These are lower health level traits you're speaking about here.

Information should be organized. Not every single aspect of someone will align with their types. The most important part(s) in this system are the core fears and the defense mechanisms against said fears. Any deviations outside of that don't constitute as a mistype; just because some of the surface level outward manifestations of behaviors aren't there, doesn't mean the type isn't overall the best possible fit.

It is important to remember that what is driving the behaviors is what determines a person's type, not what behaviors are outwardly manifested.
    Example: someone may be very original, but if they care nothing about that and simply naturally are that way anyway because they're very creative, that isn't related to type 4.

I have felt conflicted about my intensity during various times. On one hand, I'm like “if you can't handle the heat, get out of the kitchen.” On the other hand, it almost seems like I sometimes scare people away.

TIM
    Umm
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone want to guess me as sp 6 vs 9

May look like an LSI, but -Te. Metaphor's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-LIE-NH
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The one who questions usually is an E6 but I really don't know about you at all.
    Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel: "The history of the world is none other than the progress of the consciousness of freedom."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123