Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 45

Thread: Why I'm Done with Socionics

  1. #1
    jason_m's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,296
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Why I'm Done with Socionics

    Quite simply: a whole bunch of people questioning my type. Most of these people's types don't stand to reason to me - but I would never question their type. People lashing out because I simply need to have some skepticism toward the theory, and not take it at complete face value. A few people who were congenial suddenly stooping to nothing but personal attacks. Having no luck or success with the theory for almost supernatural reasons. This place (and theory) is just a sh*thole for these reasons. Something I associate with the theory now is the movie ""Carrie." "The Game" might be another one. I have to say that I am just done with it.
    Last edited by jason_m; 08-22-2021 at 09:46 AM.

  2. #2
    RBRS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    TIM
    Indefinite
    Posts
    176
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Socionics is a model lacking any sort of empirical backing of which every single "school" and socionist makes whatever they want. There's people who type by semantics, by traits, by eye movement or even through how long and curly your haircut is. The more you get into this, the more both interesting and absurd approaches you will find. There's something to take from this, and that is whatever "Type" you might be, your proper "You" will always be unadultered if you don't obsess over some type and try to imitate the descriptions (a lot of ppl do this, wasting their OG selves for a description wrote by a middle aged russian mom). If you are EII or LII, it's just nomenclature, your own self is not corrupted by it.

    When people give you a type different to the image your ego is attached to (Because your self typing is evidently due to the image you want to portray both to the external world and to your own consciousness, as "Independent, scientific-minded person" image you incorrectly associate with Alpha NT due to stereotypes) it's not an attack on your ego, it's constructive for you to consider alternatives.

    Your incapacity to delve deeper into the logic behind this, as well as your incapacity to separate stereotypes from reality, and your negative response to the whole system only for constructive suggestions (Albeit not always good or informed suggestions) being done with something because others disagree with your self-typing, giving up on it instead of providing proper arguments to justify your self-typing, not taking the system and trying to correlate it properly with your cognition or behaviors, highly suggest you are an ethical type. If this forum is also full of retards it doesn't mean the model doesn't work or isn't close to the truth about human information processing and cognition.

    Muh not Fi because that's catholic morality and I don't like catholicism is not an argument, I also am from a Catholic country and have received proper conservative catholic education, that's not Fi, I already explained to you what Fi is in it's due thread

    Muh I'm Ti because I like sciences is not an argument but a bad stereotype, there's no "science" IM, that's just a stereotype. Ti can serve for politics, teology, philosophy, computer science, gardening or any matter. I already explained to you what Ti is on it's due thread.

    If instead of crying out and "being done" because socionics is not made to validate your own ego projections as some pop psychology MBTI sites do, you were trying to understand the model, and desconstructing/Criticizing and rejecting it or appraising it for it's consistencies and inconsistencies, as well as it's correlation with both subjective experience and objective experimentation, I would be thinking logical type.

    Edit;

    It has happened to me that I've been told to talk and write very unsimpathethic and others take it for an attack, I don't care much for anyone taking things as an attack anymore in my life but I care to say that my intention is to share my perspective, not to attack.
    Last edited by RBRS; 08-22-2021 at 12:15 PM.

  3. #3
    FrassatiLo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Saskatchewan
    TIM
    D-LII-Ti 7w8
    Posts
    1,709
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    And thus the exodus continues.

  4. #4
    CR400AF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    Earth
    TIM
    LII 5w6-1w9-2w1
    Posts
    156
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    You are free to join or leave any personality communities. So that all one's own choice. What I find is that this forum is the most advanced online community but you may have different views.

  5. #5
    ━━━━━⊱⋆⊰━━━━━ reverie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    TIM
    IEI-N 946 sp/so
    Posts
    2,375
    Mentioned
    457 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    You made two of these threads? I’ve felt kind of annoyed by it all, too, but I’ll be straight with you. You are being a drama Queen. lol. 100% agree with @RBRS

    You are also getting stuck on the negative aspects of ‘the game’ which play and play in similar ways in different forms in social interactions. It’s a human thing. You can’t change other people, but you can change how you react by the wisdom gained and set a good example. Throwing your shit down and quitting makes you a quitter. The thing is, no one cares if you quit. They just see that they have won for a moment and then they will forget about you. So what is your tantrum solving? You aren’t the first to say the exact same thing.


    I’m not trying to be shitty here, btw, I’m being honest and telling you the same thing I’d say to my own kids
    ·:*¨༺༻¨*:·.𝓽𝓾𝓶𝓫𝓵𝓻·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.
    քɨռȶɛʀɛֆȶ
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

  6. #6
    May look like an LSI, but the opposite. CTzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Location
    Isolated, room.
    TIM
    2Te-SLI N SP/SX 5w6
    Posts
    108
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    this sounds half-baked rather than being done.

  7. #7
    ouronis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Posts
    2,283
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    How people react to your opinion seems separate from whether you should be done with socionics since socionics is a theory, not a tribe.

    If you don't like people's opinions, just ignore them, who cares.

    I can see why you'd want to ignore a person like RBRS, though.

  8. #8
    jason_m's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,296
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RBRS View Post
    Socionics is a model lacking any sort of empirical backing of which every single "school" and socionist makes whatever they want. There's people who type by semantics, by traits, by eye movement or even through how long and curly your haircut is. The more you get into this, the more both interesting and absurd approaches you will find. There's something to take from this, and that is whatever "Type" you might be, your proper "You" will always be unadultered if you don't obsess over some type and try to imitate the descriptions (a lot of ppl do this, wasting their OG selves for a description wrote by a middle aged russian mom). If you are EII or LII, it's just nomenclature, your own self is not corrupted by it.

    When people give you a type different to the image your ego is attached to (Because your self typing is evidently due to the image you want to portray both to the external world and to your own consciousness, as "Independent, scientific-minded person" image you incorrectly associate with Alpha NT due to stereotypes) it's not an attack on your ego, it's constructive for you to consider alternatives.

    Your incapacity to delve deeper into the logic behind this, as well as your incapacity to separate stereotypes from reality, and your negative response to the whole system only for constructive suggestions (Albeit not always good or informed suggestions) being done with something because others disagree with your self-typing, giving up on it instead of providing proper arguments to justify your self-typing, not taking the system and trying to correlate it properly with your cognition or behaviors, highly suggest you are an ethical type. If this forum is also full of retards it doesn't mean the model doesn't work or isn't close to the truth about human information processing and cognition.

    Muh not Fi because that's catholic morality and I don't like catholicism is not an argument, I also am from a Catholic country and have received proper conservative catholic education, that's not Fi, I already explained to you what Fi is in it's due thread

    Muh I'm Ti because I like sciences is not an argument but a bad stereotype, there's no "science" IM, that's just a stereotype. Ti can serve for politics, teology, philosophy, computer science, gardening or any matter. I already explained to you what Ti is on it's due thread.

    If instead of crying out and "being done" because socionics is not made to validate your own ego projections as some pop psychology MBTI sites do, you were trying to understand the model, and desconstructing/Criticizing and rejecting it or appraising it for it's consistencies and inconsistencies, as well as it's correlation with both subjective experience and objective experimentation, I would be thinking logical type.

    Edit;

    It has happened to me that I've been told to talk and write very unsimpathethic and others take it for an attack, I don't care much for anyone taking things as an attack anymore in my life but I care to say that my intention is to share my perspective, not to attack.
    I don't care about business or anything Te. Period. If you can't understand or appreciate that then you are the stupidest, most insane person I have ever met. If I don't care about Te, then I don't have it as my suggestive function. If you can't understand or appreciate that then you are a f*cking j*ckass.

    All you can do is prance around and beat your chest parroting the theory over and over, like an imbecile. Have you ever had an original idea in your life? Can you think from first principles at all? If the theory doesn't work then that is the end of it.

  9. #9
    The Evening and the Morning Star Eudaimonia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    TIM
    EIE-Fe 3w4 Sx/So
    Posts
    1,698
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    In most religions, apostates are treated more harshly than non-believers.
    "I'ma rock the boat
    Work the middle 'til it hurt a little" - Kanye West
    ENFJ | EIE-Fe | WELP | 3w4 sx/so


  10. #10
    jason_m's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,296
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jason_m View Post
    I don't care about business or anything Te. Period. If you can't understand or appreciate that then you are the stupidest, most insane person I have ever met. If I don't care about Te, then I don't have it as my suggestive function. If you can't understand or appreciate that then you are a f*cking j*ckass.

    All you can do is prance around and beat your chest parroting the theory over and over, like an imbecile. Have you ever had an original idea in your life? Can you think from first principles at all? If the theory doesn't work then that is the end of it.
    Even why I'm not 'Ti' - I would supposed it is because of the SLEs here. Let's think from first principles again: do they have even the slightest bit of logical or abstract intelligence? The answer is 'no.' Therefore, if they never have the quality, and I am opposite from them, I could have it. You see? If I then value Ti, I might not value Te. Are SLEs also sometimes interested in business. Never? Someone who cannot understand this is someone who just likes the idea that Fi goes with Te and says it over and over again, like some kind of parrot.

  11. #11
    jason_m's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,296
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    And I think that is the problem. I want to understand how this stuff really works, hoping that someday someone will develop an alternative formulation that I can test to see if it fits. But that's not what people want. People in the theory just want to repeat its premises over and over like some kind of parrot, insisting that I am a certain type during their parroting. There isn't an original idea in the theory. I have just given up.

  12. #12
    FreelancePoliceman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    TIM
    LII-Ne
    Posts
    3,309
    Mentioned
    275 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jason_m View Post
    Quite simply: a whole bunch of people questioning my type. Most of these people's types don't stand to reason to me - but I would never question their type.
    As @RBRS said, the point of Socionics isn't supposed to be validating some ego image. Questioning someone's type shouldn't be taken as a personal attack -- I'd even say that you should say something if you think someone is mistyped unless you're really convinced it would be pointless. That you feel so personally offended when people type you EII (that's the alternative typing I've seen of you; I don't know if there are others) indicates your approach to Socionics is wrong.

  13. #13
    jason_m's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,296
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    As @RBRS said, the point of Socionics isn't supposed to be validating some ego image. Questioning someone's type shouldn't be taken as a personal attack -- I'd even say that you should say something if you think someone is mistyped unless you're really convinced it would be pointless. That you feel so personally offended when people type you EII (that's the alternative typing I've seen of you; I don't know if there are others) indicates your approach to Socionics is wrong.
    What did I say? I DON'T VALUE TE. Therefore, if I call myself EII, I have a whole bunch of Te egos flocking to me who I don't like. I dare you to come up with a good argument against that. I mean it: try...

  14. #14
    FreelancePoliceman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    TIM
    LII-Ne
    Posts
    3,309
    Mentioned
    275 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jason_m View Post
    What did I say? I DON'T VALUE TE. Therefore, if I call myself EII, I have a whole bunch of Te egos flocking to me who I don't like. I dare you to come up with a good argument against that. I mean it: try...
    Against what? Which Te people here do you think are particularly enamored with you? I don't believe this is actually a problem you experience.

    What Socionics tries to gauge can't be changed by just believing yourself to be different. If you're EII, believing you're LII won't make you any less of an EII, and won't in itself change what Te people think about you -- unless it also makes you start acting in a more generally likable or dislikable way.

  15. #15
    jason_m's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,296
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    Against what? Which Te people here do you think are particularly enamored with you? I don't believe this is actually a problem you experience.

    What Socionics tries to gauge can't be changed by just believing yourself to be different. If you're EII, believing you're LII won't make you any less of an EII, and won't in itself change what Te people think about you -- unless it also makes you start acting in a more generally likable or dislikable way.
    Here we go: now it's time to get into a real debate. And what is your response? To just parrot the theory verbatim. That's why I'm done with the theory.

  16. #16
    Ксеркс, царь царей xerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Miniluv
    Posts
    7,203
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jason_m View Post
    This place ... is just a sh*thole for these reasons.
    Well yeah, this website is the armpit of the Internet. That's the whole appeal.

  17. #17
    jason_m's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,296
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    What I'm saying is: people just parrot the theory verbatim. Then when my type doesn't fit it's because I'm "lying about it." At best this is a soft science and soft theory. A poor craftsman blames his tools, and I guess in this case I am one of the tools of the theory...

  18. #18
    one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    TIM
    ESI
    Posts
    1,442
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jason_m View Post
    What I'm saying is: people just parrot the theory verbatim. Then when my type doesn't fit it's because I'm "lying about it." At best this is a soft science and soft theory. A poor craftsman blames his tools, and I guess in this case I am one of the tools of the theory...
    Well... it's because it doesn't make sense if the definitions can be modified by anyone. If you want something like that then you should make a new typology system. Start from the definitions - see how it applies to you. Not the other way around. If you want to impose yourself to the system and change it then hm, what are you really trying to achieve?

    See the thing here is for example, you proclaim yourself as an ILE. The main question would be, do you fit the ILE description? If you don't, then you are not ILE. You cannot say no I'm ILE the description is just wrong because the ILE label is a socionics concept, and by using it you automatically imply that you are working within that system which is called socionics. If you just want to express yourself then why not just say you're so and so without labelling yourself any sociotype?
    R

  19. #19
    one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    TIM
    ESI
    Posts
    1,442
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Fwiw there is a lot of logical clutter in your views that I think you are not ILE. I don't know if you type yourself as such though I think I've read you do? I forgot already.
    R

  20. #20
    Seed my wickedness PseudoRandomBSGenerator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Executing Satanic rituals
    TIM
    ILE-H LEVF/omnibeta
    Posts
    6,942
    Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    We should make a plot:
    Ij(t)
    where Ij stands as accumulation of I give up threads (made by Jason) and t as time.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

     

    Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

  21. #21
    RBRS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    TIM
    Indefinite
    Posts
    176
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jason_m View Post
    I don't care about business or anything Te. Period. If you can't understand or appreciate that then you are the stupidest, most insane person I have ever met. If I don't care about Te, then I don't have it as my suggestive function. If you can't understand or appreciate that then you are a f*cking j*ckass.

    All you can do is prance around and beat your chest parroting the theory over and over, like an imbecile. Have you ever had an original idea in your life? Can you think from first principles at all? If the theory doesn't work then that is the end of it.
    If you sincerely believe Te = Business Ti = Science Fi = catholicism... man, not to hurt your feeling but you've already been explained what these IMs are, what an IM is, etc. It's not the theory's fault if you demonstrate a very very low IQ. Really man not to hurt you but I'll have a hard time finding someone that struggles that much with concept that are VERY SIMPLE.

    And... man, another easy thing, there's a malleable framework for a theory we are working in, and I've already explained you how it works, if you wanna get socionics typed, or talk about socionics, you're gonna get theory, and you're gonna get definitions, that's a basic part of a logical debate. It is not appropiate to debate original concepts within the model in the context of this discussion.

    If you don't want to play by the rules, you can either abandon it or create new rules/modify the system, as Gulenko does, or a lot of forum members have done throughout the years.

    As an ending note, it is not that the model is not working, but that you're pretty dumb (no offence). It is impossible for someone to process information as "business" like if it was some basic part of the fucking brain, of fucking course you don't care about business, what the fuck were you thinking Te suggestive was? It's not about business, about science, or about religion.

  22. #22
    RBRS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    TIM
    Indefinite
    Posts
    176
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jason_m View Post
    And I think that is the problem. I want to understand how this stuff really works, hoping that someday someone will develop an alternative formulation that I can test to see if it fits. But that's not what people want. People in the theory just want to repeat its premises over and over like some kind of parrot, insisting that I am a certain type during their parroting. There isn't an original idea in the theory. I have just given up.
    >Demonstrate evident traits of ethical type and weakness in the logics area
    >People tell to you you're ethical type
    >Cry and moan, first because you don't understand very easy concepts and get hurt by others not validating your ego image
    >Get explained politely how you are being wrong about the theory, as you literally don't know/understand the most basic foundations, on a discussion over the theory's veracity
    >BOOOOO you're parroting that's not original

    If you don't see the lack of reasoning...

  23. #23
    Poptart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    1,362
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    the point of Socionics isn't supposed to be validating some ego image.
    If socionics isn’t for stroking egos, then why is this place a literal circle jerk for intuitives?

  24. #24
    chriscorey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    TIM
    ILE-pars pro toto
    Posts
    3,069
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poptart View Post
    [FONT=Verdana]

    If socionics wasn’t made for stroking egos, then why is this place a literal circle jerk for intuitives?
    I thought it was a circle jerk for SLEs.
    Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves."

    -Carl Jung

  25. #25
    Seed my wickedness PseudoRandomBSGenerator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Executing Satanic rituals
    TIM
    ILE-H LEVF/omnibeta
    Posts
    6,942
    Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chriscorey View Post
    I thought it was a circle jerk for SLEs.
    I thought only Fi valuers needed a circle jerk


    [man... it feels so good to say this ]
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

     

    Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

  26. #26
    chriscorey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    TIM
    ILE-pars pro toto
    Posts
    3,069
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PseudoRandomBSGenerator View Post
    I thought only Fi valuers needed a circle jerk


    [man... it feels so good to say this ]
    Yeah, they just keep going! Go them!
    Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves."

    -Carl Jung

  27. #27
    one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    TIM
    ESI
    Posts
    1,442
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    If fellow intuitives want to be in a circle jerk, we should all go to Reddit, particularly r/MBTI. Plus points if you type yourself as INTJ then go to r/INTJ. If you want to be a tormented INTJ, then INTP. Torment wouldn't matter at that point because you are that bitch - Einstein level of smart. Nobody understands you which is even better
    R

  28. #28
    FreelancePoliceman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    TIM
    LII-Ne
    Posts
    3,309
    Mentioned
    275 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poptart View Post
    If socionics isn’t for stroking egos, then why is this place a literal circle jerk for intuitives?
    Is it? I usually see more S people (usually SLEs...ツ) talking about how useless N people are. Though maybe the circlejerk does oscillate sometimes. You should check out the MBTI people if you haven’t already if you want to see a real intuitive circlejerk though.

    I’ll grant that this place attracts a lot of weirdos who feed into each other’s weirdness, and the real weirdos tend to be N types. But I don’t think I’ve ever actually seen something like “N > S” here, even jokingly, while I’ve seen the reverse occasionally.

  29. #29
    lkdhf qkb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Inferno 13th floor
    TIM
    IEE-Ne cp6w7 8w9 SP
    Posts
    1,005
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PseudoRandomBSGenerator View Post
    We should make a plot:
    Ij(t)
    where Ij stands as accumulation of I give up threads (made by Jason) and t as time.
    function.JPG






    Quote Originally Posted by Poptart View Post
    If socionics isn’t for stroking egos, then why is this place a literal circle jerk for intuitives?
    It's not really a circle, more like a freaky circle or a Möbius strip. But please don't let that intimidate you, we can squish and make you some space. Feel free to ask the wifi password!

  30. #30
    Poptart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    1,362
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Wow

  31. #31
    Poptart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    1,362
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Am I being overly sensitive then? Lol I can’t believe nobody else sees this.

  32. #32
    MissDucki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Location
    In a dark room somewhere
    TIM
    SEI-Fe-C 6w7 Sp/sx
    Posts
    1,145
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by one View Post
    If fellow intuitives want to be in a circle jerk, we should all go to Reddit, particularly r/MBTI. Plus points if you type yourself as INTJ then go to r/INTJ. If you want to be a tormented INTJ, then INTP. Torment wouldn't matter at that point because you are that bitch - Einstein level of smart. Nobody understands you which is even better
    When I feel like being a masochist, I type /isfj and I loveeeee it when my fellow duals and other rip my type to shreds and other sensors while looking like total pretentious assholes. Feels great man.

    i still cringe when I heard a guy taking about being an INTJ in a public line and seemingly like a pretentious asshole. I love me so ILI but damn…I am very glad I got out of mbti

  33. #33
    The Evening and the Morning Star Eudaimonia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    TIM
    EIE-Fe 3w4 Sx/So
    Posts
    1,698
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    @jason_m I think you are taking this all way too seriously and I think your initial instinct is correct. You need to give yourself a break. If and when you return try not to have other's opinions affect you this much.
    "I'ma rock the boat
    Work the middle 'til it hurt a little" - Kanye West
    ENFJ | EIE-Fe | WELP | 3w4 sx/so


  34. #34
    The Evening and the Morning Star Eudaimonia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    TIM
    EIE-Fe 3w4 Sx/So
    Posts
    1,698
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poptart View Post
    Am I being overly sensitive then? Lol I can’t believe nobody else sees this.

    You're not. I've noticed this as well.
    "I'ma rock the boat
    Work the middle 'til it hurt a little" - Kanye West
    ENFJ | EIE-Fe | WELP | 3w4 sx/so


  35. #35
    MissDucki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Location
    In a dark room somewhere
    TIM
    SEI-Fe-C 6w7 Sp/sx
    Posts
    1,145
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poptart View Post
    Am I being overly sensitive then? Lol I can’t believe nobody else sees this.
    I do think there is some intuitive circle jerk around here but, the ones who tend to do that are already a lot more self absorbed IMO and just want ego strokes. I kind of ignore at that point as they tend to be more younger or well….they want to feel special. Meh whatever. I’ve gone through my own sensor hate and I ain’t going through that again. That or cause they suck in the real world and need somewhere to feel superior

    personally I feel a lot more accepted by the intuitives here in general. Yeah there are some that are a little high and mighty but the ones that have been humbled aren’t tooo bad. Just gotta hit them with a reality and sensor stick a couple times here and there. It was much much worse for me on Reddit…..it’s bad bad there.

  36. #36
    The Evening and the Morning Star Eudaimonia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    TIM
    EIE-Fe 3w4 Sx/So
    Posts
    1,698
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    My type is literally H*tl*r and whatever else is wrong with the world lol. In MBTI I'm basically Jesus. There's a middle ground to take lol.
    "I'ma rock the boat
    Work the middle 'til it hurt a little" - Kanye West
    ENFJ | EIE-Fe | WELP | 3w4 sx/so


  37. #37
    FrassatiLo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Saskatchewan
    TIM
    D-LII-Ti 7w8
    Posts
    1,709
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by D E M O N View Post
    My type is literally H*tl*r and whatever else is wrong with the world lol. In MBTI I'm basically Jesus. There's a middle ground to take lol.
    Haven't met an EIE who didn't have a swastika somewhere in their possession.

    But I'd say MBTI tends to present intuitive types positively, overly so often times, and sensing types somewhat negatively, while Socionics is very good at showing why every type sucks in their own special way

  38. #38
    The Evening and the Morning Star Eudaimonia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    TIM
    EIE-Fe 3w4 Sx/So
    Posts
    1,698
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYLO View Post
    Haven't met an EIE who didn't have a swastika somewhere in their possession.
    now you've met one
    "I'ma rock the boat
    Work the middle 'til it hurt a little" - Kanye West
    ENFJ | EIE-Fe | WELP | 3w4 sx/so


  39. #39
    FrassatiLo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Saskatchewan
    TIM
    D-LII-Ti 7w8
    Posts
    1,709
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by D E M O N View Post
    now you've met one
    Give it time....

  40. #40
    lkdhf qkb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Inferno 13th floor
    TIM
    IEE-Ne cp6w7 8w9 SP
    Posts
    1,005
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poptart View Post
    Am I being overly sensitive then? Lol I can’t believe nobody else sees this.
    Could you go more into detail about what you mean?
    I'm curious, would you say that my post above counts as intuitive circle jerking? (From my perspective, I was just building on someone else's joke.)
    Or are you talking about rants where people go into "sensors are stupid" discourse ?

    I've seen hate from sensors too on the forum, I remember Lolita who always posted stuff about how EIE were crazy and delusional. Maybe it's just about some people wanting to put blame on other people, and using typology for this?
    Last edited by lkdhf qkb; 08-23-2021 at 04:25 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •