Thread: Cube Test

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Cube Test

What are your answers?

You can use the questions below if you don't want to watch the video.

1. Think of a desert. How big is this dessert? What is it filled with? What are the surroundings like?
    2. Think of a cube. How big is the cube? What is it made of, and what is the surface like? What color is it? Where in the field is it? Where is the cube (e.g. on the ground, floating, etc.)? Is it transparent? If so, can you see inside?
    3. Think of a ladder. How long is this ladder, and where is this located in your field? What's the distance between the ladder and the cube?
    4. Think of a horse. What color is the horse? What is the horse doing, and where is it in relation to your cube?
    5. Think of flowers. Where are the flowers in your field, and how many are there?
    6. Think of what the weather in the field is like. Is it raining? Sunny? Is your field foggy?
    7. Think of a storm. What is the distance between the storm and the cube? Is it a big storm? Is it just passing through?

Desert is filled with smooth reddish yellow sand, mad max like, there is nothing but sand. It seems like dawn.
    It is immense.
    I am alone, it gives serenity and seems warm, due to its endlessness it also blows my mind.

Cube is big and its width is equal to its height.
    It is only made from glass, but I cannot see in it, although I thought I was seeing it.
    When I put my head near to it, only then I could see inside.
    I can reach it lesser than 30 min walk.
    I think they used a good tech to make such a glass.
    It looks good, technologic and modern, I want to live in it.
    Dessert is immense, cube is not immense so I cannot give a proper ratio but it is the only thing in the dessert so it looks pretty big.

Ladder is leaning on the cube in a parallel way.
    It is made from black steel.
    The steel of the ladder seems hardened.
    Ladder goes on the top of the cube.

Horse is 30 min walk away.
    It is black, seem a bit wild but not too much to handle.
    It is not tied. It has a bridal and a saddle.

Storm is very far away. It is very huge storm I cant see where it ends and begins.
    It is there staying.
    Storm seems dirty and chaotic.
    But it is far away so there are no problems.

Flowers are near to cube, there are 6 of them. It takes 5 steps to reach them.
    They are white and cute, I like them.
    Last edited by myresearch; 08-20-2021 at 11:22 PM.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's what I had:

Think of a desert. How big is this dessert? What is it filled with? What are the surroundings like?

The desert was endless, it is vast and empty. Devoid of life.

Think of a cube. How big is the cube? What is it made of, and what is the surface like? What color is it? Where in the field is it? Where is the cube (e.g. on the ground, floating, etc.)? Is it transparent? If so, can you see inside?

The cube was a small black object like it was black onyx. I picked it up from the ground.

Think of a ladder. How long is this ladder, and where is this located in your field? What's the distance between the ladder and the cube?

The ladder was just an old wooden ladder laying on the ground next to where I picked the cube up.

Think of a horse. What color is the horse? What is the horse doing, and where is it in relation to your cube?

White Horse, walking along the edge of a sand dune along the horizon far away from me.

Think of flowers. Where are the flowers in your field, and how many are there?

I thought of a lavender lotus flower, I held it in my hand in a pile of soil.

Think of what the weather in the field is like. Is it raining? Sunny? Is your field foggy?

It is afternoon and the sun it setting, the light is orange. The sky is clear.

Think of a storm. What is the distance between the storm and the cube? Is it a big storm? Is it just passing through?

I imagine a giant sand storm coming toward me in the distance.

I don't really get the analysis...

There's an article here that talks about it more:

https://owlcation.com/social-science...rsonality-test
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

TIM
    SEI 9w1
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by myresearch View Post

1. Think of a desert. How big is this dessert? What is it filled with? What are the surroundings like?
    2. Think of a cube. How big is the cube? What is it made of, and what is the surface like? What color is it? Where in the field is it? Where is the cube (e.g. on the ground, floating, etc.)? Is it transparent? If so, can you see inside?
    3. Think of a ladder. How long is this ladder, and where is this located in your field? What's the distance between the ladder and the cube?
    4. Think of a horse. What color is the horse? What is the horse doing, and where is it in relation to your cube?
    5. Think of flowers. Where are the flowers in your field, and how many are there?
    6. Think of what the weather in the field is like. Is it raining? Sunny? Is your field foggy?
    7. Think of a storm. What is the distance between the storm and the cube? Is it a big storm? Is it just passing through?

1. It's huge, I can't see the end. It's filled with dry cracked earth and dirt.
    2. Cube is made of stone but it's colorful. It's also rough. I can't see the inside. It's embedded in the earth.
    3. The ladder is the a little taller than me. It's lying on the ground next to me. It's not far from the cube, but it's pointing to it. The ladder is metal.
    4. The horse is brown and black. The horse is also next to me, rubbing it's muzzle against me.
    5. The flowers are around the cube. They're white and yellow. There aren't a lot of them. About 100.
    6. It's really hot and sunny.
    7. The storm is directly over the cube. It's the only part of the sky that is stormy so it's not big. It doesn't move from that position.
    Chronic "grass is always greener" syndrome

TIM
    SEI 9w1
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by D E M O N View Post
    Here's what I had:

Think of a desert. How big is this dessert? What is it filled with? What are the surroundings like?

The desert was endless, it is vast and empty. Devoid of life.

Think of a cube. How big is the cube? What is it made of, and what is the surface like? What color is it? Where in the field is it? Where is the cube (e.g. on the ground, floating, etc.)? Is it transparent? If so, can you see inside?

The cube was a small black object like it was black onyx. I picked it up from the ground.

Think of a ladder. How long is this ladder, and where is this located in your field? What's the distance between the ladder and the cube?

The ladder was just an old wooden ladder laying on the ground next to where I picked the cube up.

Think of a horse. What color is the horse? What is the horse doing, and where is it in relation to your cube?

White Horse, walking along the edge of a sand dune along the horizon far away from me.

Think of flowers. Where are the flowers in your field, and how many are there?

I thought of a lavender lotus flower, I held it in my hand in a pile of soil.

Think of what the weather in the field is like. Is it raining? Sunny? Is your field foggy?

It is afternoon and the sun it setting, the light is orange. The sky is clear.

Think of a storm. What is the distance between the storm and the cube? Is it a big storm? Is it just passing through?

I imagine a giant sand storm coming toward me in the distance.

I don't really get the analysis...

There's an article here that talks about it more:

https://owlcation.com/social-science...rsonality-test
    I looked at this. Some of the answers I had were the opposite of my personality (at least as far as I've observed about myself). The one that was the most accurate was the storm being above the cube.
    Chronic "grass is always greener" syndrome

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fatgurl View Post
    I looked at this. Some of the answers I had were the opposite of my personality (at least as far as I've observed about myself). The one that was the most accurate was the storm being above the cube.

Yeah I didn't take the results very seriously.
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

pingas

I'm not hungry mommy bear BrainlessSquid's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Grendel View Post
    pingas
    I see your soul is shining with black hole energy, and wants to feed itself with human conscience isnt it
    Sometimes you don't have motivation because you lack purpose.
    Sometimes you don't have purpose, because you lack self-knowledge
    Sometimes you don't have self-knowledge because you lack love
    Sometimes you don't have love because you lack self-love
    Sometimes you don't have self-love because you lack guess what? Ask Gulenko!!

TIM
    ILE-Ti VLEF sx/sp
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting video!

Answers:
    1. The desert is big maybe? Since at first I only imagined the desert, I didn't have any objects for comparison. At first it was empty and then there was a few palm trees.
    2. The cube's sides are a few (3-10) meters across. It's completely transparent and hollow and the sides are like white light. It's somehow stuck halfway into the sand.
    3. The ladder is perfectly inside the cube, diagonally from one of the bottom sides to the opposite top side. The cube popped out of the sand and is now just lying on top.
    4. The horse is just sorta chilling close to the cube. It's a perfectly generic brown horse.
    5. There's about 10-20 white flowers bunched up together, close to the cube.
    6. Sunny.
    7. The storm is a comically small grey cloud raining far from the cube.

My visions were all in third person, as if I was working on a model of a desert.

Most of what she said was off the mark for me.