Thread: ASMR and Ni

TIM
    SCS EII, so4w5 461
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ASMR and Ni

I personally love ASMR.. I remember being 11 and doing it my first time, with I believe The Water Whispers, Ilsa, or something..

That was my first ever time doing it, and I felt so many tingles..

I like Cozy Cabins ASMR, now..

But I was wondering if you find this as an Ni ordeal.. With producing abstract imagery in a way and connecting.. And maybe Fe, with being moved by a tone..

I suppose it also can be an Si ordeal too.. EII may like it..

But I overall feel it is for introverts and Pi cognitive functions..
    I am in my head; not society.

Yes, that is who I am, hence the bold am.​ Also, a brain angel. (+ my own incarnation of a Zelda concept).

My thoughts align w action to succeed what needs (at least in my dreamed ideal, they do)…

Dragons:

Babies, click them to make them grow up into Kara’s Dragon Museum

My favorite adult Museum Exhibits

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love ASMR. I kind of get turned on by it.

I always thought it was an Si thing though. A lot of Si users seem to be the ones with those channels.
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ASMR gives me the creeps, quite frankly.

Every time I see it I want to shove a stick of dynamite in their ....whatever.... and say, “Let’s make some NOISE!”

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    ASMR gives me the creeps, quite frankly.
    Same

TIM
    SCS EII, so4w5 461
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think apart of why I like ASMR so much has do with me having synesthesia.. It also puts me into my deep trance-like state which I can get into easily..

Yes, that is who I am, hence the bold am.​ Also, a brain angel. (+ my own incarnation of a Zelda concept).

My thoughts align w action to succeed what needs (at least in my dreamed ideal, they do)…

Dragons:

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Braingel View Post
    I think apart of why I like ASMR so much has do with me having synesthesia.. It also puts me into my deep trance-like state which I can get into easily..

I have synesthesia as well
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

TIM
    EII-1Ne 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always thought it was an Si thing because so many ASMR artists VI as Si egos. I’ve seen an ESI here and there. I enjoy it very much.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I doubt ASMR is Ni. For a start, to experience it you have to "pass it through" a piece of technology such as computer. Not natural. If you wanna truly relax, go to the countryside and lay down close to a stream, bring your partner, and have them whisper beautiful things in your ear.

Restricted user
    TIM
    SLI-Si 6w5 613 sp/so
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like asmr because it helps me sleep. My favorite channel is softannapl, but she went inactive years ago

TIM
    HN-SLI-Te
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Things like ASMR, yoga, meditation etc. are those fancy Si substitutes that mostly intuitives seem to enjoy.

TIM
    SCS EII, so4w5 461
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The reason why I think it can also be Ni, is because of the trance state that can enter with ease.. Synesthesia also resonates to Ni, and most people who are into it heavily, have synesthesia.. But as I said, I do think it resonates with Si…

I definitely do think intuitive are more likely to be into it than maybe an SEI.. Because sensors would rely more on practical ways to met such comfort need.

Dragons:

TIM
    SCS EII, so4w5 461
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ni base is more apt at entering flow state than that of Si ego… Ni is characterized by its inertia and meditative, zen-wavelength.. Aside from of course, living more in head and recognizing patterns, being strong in imagery..

Zen may sound Si superficially, but do not be fooled. A zen state is a very intuitive state, where one is detached and looking from above, basically.. It is not necessarily characterized by being in the moment.

Dragons:

TIM
    SCS EII, so4w5 461
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This chart explains Socionics Ni:https://images-ext-2.discordapp.net/...om/kX5dZWG.jpg

Synesthesia is indeed apart of Ni, and most again, people into ASMR have synesthesia.. They have to mix the cross sounds of other stimuli and convert it into another on subconscious level..

Dragons:

TIM
    SCS EII, so4w5 461
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Si egos like SEI, would be far more likely to just cook, listen to relaxing music, have a nice hot bath, sip tea, get a massage, etc, do practical things to comfort their sensory means…

Whereas someone as myself.. I do it in abstract ways, as with meditating and in my mind, envisioning imagery and the future, metaphors.. through journaling.. Through ASMR..

I think it would be most appealing to IEI and EII, but an SEI also can easily fall into its loving, just they will lesser likely indulge it, being more caught up in practically, more grounded in reality sensory means to fulfill their comforting need.

Dragons:

TIM
    SCS EII, so4w5 461
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ni and Si will share some fundamental core traits, both being Pi; introverted perceiving leads.. yet the Ni will have a more intuitive, abstract focus, and Si will be more grounded, in reality.. Both perceive internally, and the whole process of ASMR as to internally perceive information.. The Ni bases will more likely see images in their mind.. Will focus more on how it applies to them in some other way in time, whereas an Si will be fully grounded in it and absorb of it…

Even if we as Ni users value comfort lesser so, we still like with any human, will need to it at times.. I don’t watch ASMR daily.. I watch it maybe like 5-6 times a year.. But when I do actually indulge it in, I feel very much comforted and charged by it…

Dragons:

TIM
    SCS EII, so4w5 461
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe ILE and IEE will like of it too, with Si as suggestive..

I think it just will appeal much to EII, IEI (because of our Fe and valuing warmth and absorbing the mood), ILE, IEE, and if an SEI actually finds it and somehow gets into it it, an SEI… SLI too, but they probably are lesser likely than an SEI to get into it.. Maybe therapy or something would put it into their path.

Dragons:

TIM
    ILE-De
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ASMR is an acquired taste. If it has to do with any functions, it'd probably be the talanov one's since those explicitly deal with sound/visual preference.

dewusional entitwed snowfwake VewyScawwyNawcissist's Avatar
    TIM
    NF 6w5-4w5-1w9 VLEF
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find it intrusive and the associations it brings false idols. It makes me weak and unaware. It doesn't help me understand or grow or become better. It drags me into it's inertia and traps me. Makes me forget the important things. I think it's what happens when u indulge basal Ni and neglect all the other cognitive functions. ALthough all that might be a flaw in my particular disposition instead.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

ASMR deals with audio-visual stimuls. It's S primarily by which is created trans state, including by overload. This may reduce an anxiety and distract to calm.

As the ones who does ASMR are those who liked it at 1st, so their types partly may tell who may like to watch this.
    I saw types with all dichotomy traits and values among those bloggers.
    Hard to say about types quantity difference. Seems F types do such channels more often. Mb among who watches is the similar.
    Se types can be lesser than Si.

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response (ASMR) is a perceptual condition in which the presentation of particular audio-visual stimuli triggers intense, pleasurable tingling sensations in the head and neck regions, which may spread to the periphery of the body. These triggering stimuli are often socially intimate in nature, and usually involve repetition of movements and/or sounds (e.g., hearing whispering, watching someone brush her hair). Reports of ASMR experiences first appeared in online communities in 2010; since this time, these communities have expanded, with some groups consisting of over 100,000 members. However, despite the apparent prevalence of ASMR, there is currently no research on the personality characteristics that co-occur with this condition. In the current study, 290 individuals with ASMR and 290 matched controls completed the Big Five Personality Inventory (BFI; John et al., 1991); participants with ASMR also completed a questionnaire related to their ASMR phenomenology. Individuals with ASMR demonstrated significantly higher scores on Openness-to-Experience and Neuroticism, and significantly lower levels of Conscientiousness, Extraversion, and Agreeableness compared to matched controls. Further, ratings of subjective ASMR intensity in response to 14 common ASMR stimuli were positively correlated with the Openness-to-Experience and Neuroticism dimensions of the BFI. These results provide preliminary evidence that ASMR is associated with specific personality traits and suggest avenues for further investigation.
    https://www.frontiersin.org/articles...017.00247/full

Maybe leans towards an ILI-thing.

I didn't use to understand the appeal (seemed rather perverse to me), but I do get it now.

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    Variance[edit]
    Though little scientific research has been conducted into potential neurobiological correlates to the perceptual phenomenon, with a consequent dearth of data with which to explain its physical nature, personal commentary from forums, blogs, and video comments have been analyzed to describe the phenomenon. Analysis of this anecdotal evidence has supported the original consensus that ASMR is euphoric but non-sexual, and has divided those who experience ASMR into two broad categories of subjects. One category depends upon external triggers to experience the localized sensation and its associated feelings, which typically originates in the head, often reaching down the neck and sometimes the upper back. The other category can intentionally augment the sensation and feelings through attentional control, without dependence upon external stimuli, or 'triggers', in a manner compared by some subjects to their experience of meditation.[19][20]
    ASMR - Wikipedia

Socionics is fake, but ASMR is legit, and you should be able to give yourself ASMR with your mind if you like it.

I don’t really care much for ASMR. Some of it can be soothing but ultimately I need radio silence to relax— but that’s because I’m usually trying to dissect my thoughts and for that I need no distractions. Idk, it’s just not my cup of tea.
    “Anything is possible. It is night on planet earth and I'm alive. And someday I'll be dead.
    Someday I'll just be bones in a box, but right now, I'm not.
    And anything is possible.”

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Based on 16personalities.com results for 77 Youtube ASMR artists who gave a fairly unambiguous result (who didn't say that they often typed differently in the past), 26% were INFP, 19% were INFJ, 14% were ENFP, 8% were ISFP, 6% were ENFJ, 6% were INTJ, 5% were INTP, 4% were ESFJ, 3% were ENTJ, 3% were ISFJ, 3% were ISTP, 1% were ENTP, 1% were ESFP.

66% were NF club, 16% were NT club, 8% were SF club, 0% were ST club. 70% were introverts, 30% extroverts.

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...=1#post1583854