Thread: Which feature of your face do you prefer?

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Which feature of your face do you prefer?

Title.
    Idk, I'm curious to see what people think of their own appearance in a positive light. There's often a lot of negative on the topic.
    I guess prefered feature of your body can fit here too.

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't really prefer a single feature exactly. I think any feature can work depending on the way the rest of the features play off of it. I like how my face looks from the front, but dislike how it looks in profile. I mainly dislike the geometry between the angle of my forehead and the angle of my lower face if you were to draw a line from my chin to the tip of my nose. I think the triangle it creates isn't particularly nice. I like my overall face shape from the front though, and think it's well-proportioned in that regard
    “Things always seem fairer when we look back at them, and it is out of that inaccessible tower of the past that Longing leans and beckons.”
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have brown eyes, that's really boring and ordinairy, lol, but I like how they look different depending on lighting. Black beads of eternal darkness, a sparkling rusted hell, the sweetness of honey...
    As a kid, I had found a spot in front of a mirror where a ray of light would hit one of my eyes around dusk, making it look more yellow than brown. This plus the crepuscular ambiance that makes my eyes look almost red made for quite a fascinating portrait.
    I spent hours gazing in that irregularity, dazed.

TIM
    EII-1Ne 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My eyes

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@flowers and sugar
    Mine are brown too, but fade to green around the outside. I doubt you can see that in any of the photos of myself I've posted, but it's visible if the definition is high enough
    “Things always seem fairer when we look back at them, and it is out of that inaccessible tower of the past that Longing leans and beckons.”
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

Nose

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My eyes are my best feature and people comment on them often.

I don't have brown eyes but I think brown and black eyes are very beautiful and not boring at all.
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

My first GF told me that she liked my nose. (It’s fairly straight and hers was shorter.) A recent GF said she liked my eyes.

I think that the best thing about my face is that it has a good brain behind it.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by one View Post
    My eyes are very Asian-y so people here comment on it very often. People like it though since I look a bit very East Asian compared to them sometimes I also get racist jokes like "You're Chinese!!! Ching chong" which I just consider funny bec it's not true.
    Quote Originally Posted by pandemic candy View Post
    same
    Do people really say this to your face? Where are you where people act like this?
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

TIM
    SCS EII, so4w5 461
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why should such thing matter? They are bound change with age.. I admittedly do focus on such things, but your features are not going forever be… Noses enlarge, skin erodes, hair greys, jaw lines are to change.

Eye color may be only firm hallmark…
    I am in my head; not society.

Yes, that is who I am, hence the bold am.​ Also, a brain angel. (+ my own incarnation of a Zelda concept).

My thoughts align w action to succeed what needs (at least in my dreamed ideal, they do)…

Dragons:

Babies, click them to make them grow up into Kara’s Dragon Museum

My favorite adult Museum Exhibits

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I have no idea

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My face is very expressive. I can communicate a lot without saying anything.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Poptart View Post

People are often entertained by my facial expressions too lol.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow.
    I'm the opposite. My face is so inexpressive that it distresses some people.

Riley and Bunny together forever HicksHawking InterPrizeWes's Avatar
    Macroverse MtBattle ScholarsGarden Halloween1993 SuperNexus InfinitiesUltimate AllSpectraEverywhere
    TIM
    RayquazaRaichuArceus
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My face is not really very attractive, but it's such a small thing, a little dna strand computing and determining Your entire life course is absolutely foolish and revolting. I prefer My clouds of stormy corner clubs being all redesigning and hacking of My old limits to punch in the diary of time that makes Me stand out and be blazing above all resistance as a would be conqueror and momentary master of a fraction of a dot in the cosmic gloom.
    Chinese Fortune Cookie ~ A fair face may fade, but a beautiful soul lasts forever. Lucky Numbers - 53, 10, 29, 14, 1, 21
    Mr. Mime = Mastermind
    Marius Florin aka LeoSuperCluster as Raging Bolt the Raikou number 1021 and SolitaryWalker brought glory to the years of Silver and forged Pichu, wisdom of force and flair to exhibit dinosaur questing pointers electrocuting cinema and blueprints of emporiums to undertow flows jungle tossing galaxy spanning shivers of essence gems and portals of roads to destruction and arboretums folding castles and swordsmanship of dreams and counters to pleasant vibrations and holy water sprouting evanescent stars and puzzles of grades to saffron climax
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...k-2024-edition

TIM
    Juke Skywalker
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by D E M O N View Post
    People are often entertained by my facial expressions too lol.
    Me too... cartoon face when I get excited about something

TIM
    SLI 5w6
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The left side. It's a little flatter compared to the right. Also, I have really nice eyebrows.

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly, I really like my whole face! With certain features meaning more to me. I really like my eye colour. They are an interesting colour. While my eyes appear blue, they’re actually a blue green when you look close. I have like a green iris/base with blue over top. I like my nose because it reminds me of my grandma, she had the same nose. I have a beautiful smile and I like lining my lips to show it off.

TIM
    ENTJ-Ni 8w9 835 SpSx
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The last two nicknames I've got from friends (or clients trying to flirt): beautiful face, gorgeous smile.
    But I personally like my eyes. And I like looking others in the eye too. But the funny thing is, I don't actually focus on the shape/colour/other physical features. I realised this because last time I told my colleague that our client Simon got beautiful eyes, and she asked me "oh what colour", and I couldn't asnwer because I didn't even pay attention to the colour lol. So it's more about eye contact, unspoken words of passion.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlett View Post
    The last two nicknames I've got from friends (or clients trying to flirt): beautiful face, gorgeous smile.
    Do you happen to work with a lot of Indian men?

TIM
    ENTJ-Ni 8w9 835 SpSx
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eudaimonia View Post
    Do you happen to work with a lot of Indian men?
    No, Brits/Aussies.
    Why Indian?

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

idk, I guess maybe my eyebrows. I got them from my dads side, they are naturally arched. I think they make me look kinda sinister
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, Brits/Aussies.
    Why Indian?
    no reason lol

TIM
    ENTJ-Ni 8w9 835 SpSx
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eudaimonia View Post
    no reason lol

What is that
    Is that you? Lol.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is that
    Is that you? Lol.

No lol just me making a racist joke that isn't landing. Just ignore me pls .

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Big eyes
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    Alexandr Dumbass
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Although angling and mood can fuck it up a bit, but I like my eyes. They can go from big, soft, and expressive like an anime girl to sadistic psychopath.

TIM
    ESI-H 936 Sp
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eyes
    hair
    stubble
    chin projection/profile

My gf thinks it’s my nose
    Last edited by Averroes; 09-29-2021 at 10:48 PM.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm a little self conscious about the horns on my head. The tip on one has broken off. Thinking about having it tipped. I like them though. I just want people to accept me for who I am.

I also really like my flavor savor. I like tickling the ladies, lol. Giggling moans are the best <3.
    Important to note! People who share "indentical" socionics TIMs won't necessarily appear to be very similar, since they have have different backgrounds, experiences, capabilities, genetics, as well as different types in other typological systems (enneagram, instinctual variants, etc.) all of which also have a sway on compatibility and identification. Thus, Socionics type "identicals" won't necessarily be identical i.e. highly similar to each other, and not all people of "dual" types will seem interesting, attractive and appealing to each other.