Thread: My ILE buddy & his SEI gf

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default My ILE buddy & his SEI gf

My ILE buddy has been seeing an SEI chick for a bit. He says she isn't for intellectual curiosity, that she's sorta boxed in. They're not dating, which is a problem for her. Is it common for SEIs to have stunted intellectual curiosity? Obviously nobody expects SEI to be intellectuals but is it common for SEI to have selected open-mindedness, to be closed to unique and unusual possibilities?

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Is he seeing her because she can get tickets to the game?

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If by tickets to the game you mean having sex, then yes.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Well, I actually meant anything that materially benefited him.

If he doesn't respect her mind, I see clouds on the horizon. Unless she's OK with being a baby-machine.

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Well, I actually meant anything that materially benefited him.

If he doesn't respect her mind, I see clouds on the horizon. Unless she's OK with being a baby-machine.
    I hear ya on that. I was just curious if this was a common thing for SEI. Ne can be funny or unusual but I can imagine ILE's genuinely have an interest in their ideas being discussed or at least entertained conversationally to some degree.

I've met the gal. Her idea of Ne seems to be primarily of the goofy, funny sort.

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yes

Maybe he is more into self-searching than shooting the breeze intellectually and just doesn't know it yet?

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well depends. I mean Si naturally isn’t made to be intellectually curious in itself. Also depends on what topics he likes and views and „intellectual curiosity“ I could give two shits about physics or how we might be going into a recession in a couple years or that we live in alternative realities blah blah blah…but I will chat you ear off if it’s about psychology or people, ethics, some philosophy, views, perspective, memes, pop culture etc…

Ive always been into different stuff but not all SEI‘s are like that. They just like what they know and aren’t concerned about going beyond the horizon. IMO it’s only until SEI‘s have got a genuine taste of NE and it’s positive then they may start searching it out more. I was very boxed in and picky as a kid but hell I stun some Ne types a little with my crappy Ne now due to my exploration over the years. If he can’t match her and needs intellect that the kindest thing to is leave. Heck, she might be bored that he’s always got his head in the clouds and isn’t stimulated. Different strokes for different folks.

TIM
    ILE-De
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stray Cat View Post
    I hear ya on that. I was just curious if this was a common thing for SEI. Ne can be funny or unusual but I can imagine ILE's genuinely have an interest in their ideas being discussed or at least entertained conversationally to some degree.

I've met the gal. Her idea of Ne seems to be primarily of the goofy, funny sort.
    Ya definitely, it's very hard to find people who will listen and want/try to understand what i'm talking about. even rarer for them to have something constructive to say on top of it.

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MissDucki View Post
    Well depends. I mean Si naturally isn’t made to be intellectually curious in itself. Also depends on what topics he likes and views and „intellectual curiosity“ I could give two shits about physics or how we might be going into a recession in a couple years or that we live in alternative realities blah blah blah…but I will chat you ear off if it’s about psychology or people, ethics, some philosophy, views, perspective, memes, pop culture etc…

Ive always been into different stuff but not all SEI‘s are like that. They just like what they know and aren’t concerned about going beyond the horizon. IMO it’s only until SEI‘s have got a genuine taste of NE and it’s positive then they may start searching it out more. I was very boxed in and picky as a kid but hell I stun some Ne types a little with my crappy Ne now due to my exploration over the years. If he can’t match her and needs intellect that the kindest thing to is leave. Heck, she might be bored that he’s always got his head in the clouds and isn’t stimulated. Different strokes for different folks.
    Believe it or not, the SEIs here inspired this question. SEIs here actually communicate and try to dip their toe in something they think might be abstract.

When I worked with those with special needs, an SEI co-worker was very open minded and conversationally astute. Her background was unique & was curious about different ways of dealing with her university-bound son.

It might be the case SEI appreciate Ne the most when they need it for something important.

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stray Cat View Post
    It might be the case SEI appreciate Ne the most when they need it for something important.
    I think this is the case for any 1d or even 2d function

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ouronis View Post
    I think this is the case for any 1d or even 2d function
    Good point. Some SEI simply turn to Ne for a laugh or to break monotony. Others might view Ne as necessary to adequately compliment their Si.

Pretty sure no ILE wants to be used for a laugh or to break monotony, only to be psychologically undervalued otherwise.

Are you sure she's not SLI?

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fairygodfather View Post
    Are you sure she's not SLI?
    She's SEI for sure