User Tag List

Thread: Midlife crisis?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Midlife crisis?

Is this why I return to relationship typology? Well, it's fun to think about and leads my wet brain into all sorts of misadventures, laughing all the way (ha ha ha). Other people, not so much.

trey / qwerty

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Return? Have you been here before?
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, and I found the account trey from 16 years ago. Other one was during an "episode" maybe 13 years ago and I can't find it.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Qwertrey lol so is this another "episode"? Why do you think you've come back?
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm having a hard time committing to myself or anyone else, and it's going to end with others committing me if I don't get figured out.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertrey View Post
    I'm having a hard time committing to myself or anyone else, and it's going to end with others committing me if I don't get figured out.

Well, I hope you find what you're looking for here. If you are serious about the state of your mental health there is nothing wrong with finding professional help.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have plenty of help and am sober. Thanks, there probably isn't a box to put me in, but never know.

TIM
    SCS EII, so4w5 461
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What are you exactly asking for? It appears as if you need more introspection… I would suggest maybe getting into esoteric means to explore and indulge, see what is fitting, add more. Meaning. If not, volunteer.
    I am in my head; not society.

Yes, that is who I am, hence the bold am.​ Also, a brain angel. (+ my own incarnation of a Zelda concept).

My thoughts align w action to succeed what needs (at least in my dreamed ideal, they do)…

Dragons:

Babies, click them to make them grow up into Kara’s Dragon Museum

My favorite adult Museum Exhibits

TIM
    SCS EII, so4w5 461
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Keep a journal.

Go to Barnes and Nobles.. Get one you really like, one that resonates as to you.. Then maybe journal why you picked that journal and what specifically made you resonate with it.. take in the art work, and the overall feel of cover. Notice pattern and sign..

Yes, that is who I am, hence the bold am.​ Also, a brain angel. (+ my own incarnation of a Zelda concept).

My thoughts align w action to succeed what needs (at least in my dreamed ideal, they do)…

Dragons:

TIM
    SCS EII, so4w5 461
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Overtime, you may see patterns of yourself within the pages of said journal, and align a theme to who you are and examine what needs for you to unobstruct yourself.

Dragons:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guess I really want to find my type down to the nitty-grittiest of details, and the nitty-gritty of ideal relationship material; the kind of insight I can't seem to rationally produce on my own. I should just post in what's my type? Thanks, @Braingel

TIM
    SCS EII, so4w5 461
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertrey View Post
    Guess I really want to find my type down to the nitty-grittiest of details, and the nitty-gritty of ideal relationship material; the kind of insight I can't seem to rationally produce on my own. I should just post in what's my type? Thanks, @Braingel
    Typology is a tool. It is not going to be a full changer, a full identity, as it enhances, not defines life. Your issue is not looking deep enough within, and it would be best stop relying on labels to beat around to avoid incising to core. The reliance is indicative of fear going deeper into self.

Dragons:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok sorry, I didn't read your posts well enough. I will try the techniques.

TIM
    SCS EII, so4w5 461
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No tool can do the work for you; you must pick it up the tool, and actually with it, do the work. This doing does not matter on which tool, just the one right for you will be faster, a working. What matters is it gets done. Maybe Socionics helps you to see which spots need digging in, and where to start, but you still have to do the digging, which Socionics can not make of you, do.

Dragons:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I went scrolling through the website in lieu of there being stores where I live and didnt like any of them.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

welcome