Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: NF said (Am I Delta?)

  1. #1
    16 TYPE'S RESIDENT FIXER DEAD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Pluto
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    546
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

    Question NF said (Am I Delta?)

    Alright, so I'm having issues with figuring out which function I hate the most (aka, the PoLR).

    On one hand, my Ni is awful, and on the other hand, so is my Fi.

    My Ne is pretty rusty, and my Fe is too


    Points against Ni:

    - I'm bad at timekeeping.
    - I'm not a very imaginative person.
    - I don't think about the past or future much.
    - I don't care for trends.
    - I run on my own time zone.
    - I hate being rushed.
    Points against Ne:
    - I like things being consistent, so I hate random ideas.
    - I'm not much into potential, or thinking about it.
    - I can shoot down ideas that don't make sense easily.
    - I'm critical of new ideas that aren't connected to the current moment.

    Points against Fi:

    - I can't make/keep connections good.
    - People with self-made sets of morals annoy me.
    - I'm not good at figuring out what people like/dislike.
    - I'm not good at not offending people.
    - I don't like being around people.

    Points against Fe:

    - The atmopshere doesn't really affect me much.
    - I'm not good at making atmospheres a lot of the time.
    - I can do short bursts of "enterainment" for a small amount of time.
    - I can be disconnected from the atmopshere quite easily.
    - I hate parties, and being around people socialising unless I am drunk.
    - I don't like groups much.
    Before you ask "yo, why is this thread in the Delta section?" it's because Deltas don't get much love, and because things could possbily skew more over to the Delta side of things by the end of this. So yeah, enjoy.

  2. #2
    Seed my wickedness PseudoRandomBSGenerator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Executing Satanic rituals
    TIM
    ILE-H LEVF/omnibeta
    Posts
    6,929
    Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    So, let's study Ej vs Ep. Are you OK with or do you find it OK to track and direct moving objects like being an air traffic controller?
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

     

    Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

  3. #3
    one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    TIM
    ESI
    Posts
    1,408
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I run on my own time zone.
    Hey are you part of xxxp gang
    R

  4. #4
    one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    TIM
    ESI
    Posts
    1,408
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Before you ask "yo, why is this thread in the Delta section?" it's because Deltas don't get much love, and because things could possbily skew more over to the Delta side of things by the end of this. So yeah, enjoy.
    Lack of focus on following rules and structures
    R

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    None of this seems especially indicative of Delta or LSE. The points against Ne specifically - why are we looking at delta if you are generally averse to all these things???

    More generally I think you need to look at the "why" past the "what" if you want to find your type:

    You have trouble with connections and keeping in people's good graces? Ok, why? An Fi ego might cause that intentionally through not caring if irrelevant people don't like them, an Fi PoLR might just not know - and then there's every possibility in between

    You don't like parties or groups? Ok, why? For an Fe lead, the dynamic of your stereotypical party may be incompatible with their specific taste, an Fe PoLR might just not know how to process or interact with it - and then there's every possibility in between

  6. #6
    lkdhf qkb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Inferno 13th floor
    TIM
    IEE-Ne cp6w7 8w9 SP
    Posts
    996
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    hey DEAD seeing like how @one has been supervising your ass LSE doesn't seem impossible

    All the "I was rowdy but I've wisened up" stuff you've been saying might point to unvalued demonstrative Se -> valued creative Si

  7. #7
    16 TYPE'S RESIDENT FIXER DEAD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Pluto
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    546
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

    Default

    @PseudoRandomBSGenerator

    Am I okay with what?

    Quote Originally Posted by one View Post
    Lack of focus on following rules and structures
    Wow, you take things out of context more than a Megachurch Pastor.

    Quote Originally Posted by boe lost View Post
    None of this seems especially indicative of Delta or LSE. The points against Ne specifically - why are we looking at delta if you are generally averse to all these things???

    More generally I think you need to look at the "why" past the "what" if you want to find your type:

    You have trouble with connections and keeping in people's good graces? Ok, why? An Fi ego might cause that intentionally through not caring if irrelevant people don't like them, an Fi PoLR might just not know - and then there's every possibility in between

    You don't like parties or groups? Ok, why? For an Fe lead, the dynamic of your stereotypical party may be incompatible with their specific taste, an Fe PoLR might just not know how to process or interact with it - and then there's every possibility in between
    You could also argue the same for the points against Fe and Ni, and me not being Beta. I'm trying to find my PoLR, based on what I know about my weaknesses. If I'm an ST, it's gonna be one of the NF elements.

    I'm not very good at making connections at all with other people. I'm not amazing at knowing people well, and I'm not really as comfortable with deciphering people's motives as I am actually organising things, and organising and making sense of data in general. I don't care much about emotional atmopsheres either, and parties can get too loud and obnoxious at times.

    That's why I type ST over NF.

    Quote Originally Posted by lkdhf qkb View Post
    hey DEAD seeing like how @one has been supervising your ass LSE doesn't seem impossible

    All the "I was rowdy but I've wisened up" stuff you've been saying might point to unvalued demonstrative Se -> valued creative Si
    Maybe, One has been mothering me kinda I'd like her to walk me across the road, and into the bar with the catfish sandwhiches.

    Yeah, maybe. I can use Se, but I prolly don't care for it as much as SxE do. Or else I'm just a lazy bastard. I'm also extroverted and I'm pretty ST-ish, so I think the confusion comes from the fact that pretty much most of my main elements are "direct" and "external".

    External Si Ti Se Te Explicit, directly sensible content of reality
    It's understanding the overall thought processes that I prefer and value, being an extroverted person makes things hard.

  8. #8
    Humanist Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    25,914
    Mentioned
    664 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Your first point on Ni- time keeping what does that mean?
    I would say ESTJ can estimate well when something will happen like they can say based on traffic we will be there at 2:30 and when they get there they ask what time it is
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 2w1sw(1w9) helps others to live up to their own standards of what a good person is and is very behind the scenes in the process.
    Tritype 1-2-6 stacking sp/sx


    I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

    Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

  9. #9
    16 TYPE'S RESIDENT FIXER DEAD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Pluto
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    546
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    Your first point on Ni- time keeping what does that mean?
    I would say ESTJ can estimate well when something will happen like they can say based on traffic we will be there at 2:30 and when they get there they ask what time it is
    Basically I know how long something kinda right? And then I procrastinate to the last minute usually and I do lose track of time sometimes.

    I like to check the time as often as I can remember to though, but I think time in general has been skewed a lot because of the pandemic and things being off. Like, 2020 wasn’t really a year to me. It was just an interlude where everyone did crap all.

    But basically I’m not an amazing estimator or anything but I have a rough idea of how long things take. I’m not all super into planning within time restraints in the same way my LIE Dad is.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    You could also argue the same for the points against Fe and Ni, and me not being Beta
    That's my point - you can rule out everything if you take the provided information at face value. The justification really just isn't sufficient to point to any type or away from any other type as it stands.

    The why is important. Why do you feel you aren't good at making connections, why do you find parties obnoxious/what are you doing with your leisure time instead and why etc etc etc.

  11. #11
    16 TYPE'S RESIDENT FIXER DEAD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Pluto
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    546
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by boe lost View Post
    That's my point - you can rule out everything if you take the provided information at face value. The justification really just isn't sufficient to point to any type or away from any other type as it stands.

    The why is important. Why do you feel you aren't good at making connections, why do you find parties obnoxious/what are you doing with your leisure time instead and why etc etc etc.
    Yeah, of course. You have to understand the motivations, and make sense of them. I do think that people take these things at face value at times, and some of them don't explain things well, or look at everything. I get your point, though, that my argument should be a lot more "watertight" per-se, and point in some direction towards said PoLR, or said type/motivation.

    "Why do you do these things?"
    is an important aspect to look at, definitely. It can define where you fall within the spectrum of cognition more easily. I didn't really think of it that way, until you pointed that out, and I admit that. I had my set way of thinking at things, but I spose what you said makes sense as well, so I will try my best to answer you as accurately as I can:

    Why do you feel you aren't good at making connections?

    Because honestly? It seems like I am emotionally distant from everyone else. I'm there, in the enviroment observing things, and doing things and figuring them out, and organsing them in my mind but in terms of being emotionally connected to people, it's like non-existent. I have to try really hard to form an "emotional bond" with people, and even still, keeping and maintaining that bond is incredibly hard because it's not something that I am naturally good at.

    It's easier to just dick around sometimes, and have fun with people (if the environment is right) and then leave it afterwards and go straight back to being cold and detatched and analytical. I know basic social stuff, but I'm actually not that great at maintaining long, conversations or being someone who can maintain social norms for long periods of times. I'm not totally inept at socialising, but I'd rather choose who to socialise with, and a lot of time, that's not really anyone.

    I'd call myself a bit of a loner, and I don't think that I'm better than anyone else or anyone else is beneath me because of it. I just prefer my own company, and doing my own thing a lot of time. I like being free, and not obligated to be bonded to, or in debt to other people. And also, quite a few people don't have the same interests as me, so quality conversation in those areas that's not boring is hard to come by (except football, yeah, I could talk about that all day. Not NFL, actual football by the way). But again, that's a universal thing. So is music.

    Why do you find parties obnoxious?

    Because they're too repetitive and stale. You need to actually physically be almost drunk to get into the mood for one. Too many people in one place socialising is really boring, for me anyway. When I go to a party sober, I'd rather go for a walk and do something else than sit around and talk to people, without an actual reason to do so. I just find in mundane to go through niceties and use your energy on something as futile as that, with no direction. Again, not saying that people who do that are below me. It's just not my scene. It's not interesting, or challenging to the mind most of the time. And I'll probably end up saying something stupid soon enough if the conversation goes on.

    What are you doing with your leisure time instead, and why?

    Usually I'm either:

    - Creating music on my laptop, because I'm a musician and I like to create music. And it's fun adding all the layers and sounds together to make a finished product of some sorts.

    - Studying a subject (e.g. socionics, eschatology, a new music program etc) because it gives me something to solve, think about and it really challenges my mind.

    - Writing something, like a paper or a story to organise my thoughts and ideas into something that makes sense.

    - Watching a TV show, and analysing it because I like to categorise people into Socionics types and make sense of how they function.

    - Watching/discussing football with people because I like discussing stats, tactics, who's going to what club and the excitement of watching the game.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •