Thread: Type me based on some facts about me

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Type me based on some facts about me

So I have another thread called type me based on the member questionnaire and it wasn't really helpful. So I had an idea to share some of my habits with you that I think maybe type related.

1. I daydream alot...like ALOT.
    Every day is a different scenario. I take inspiration from the media I watch. I find it easier to start with a scenario that I liked instead of inventing one. It's like I modify the stories that I like and come up with different ideas based on them.

2. I'm a good listener. Everyone I know comes to me when they have a problem to vent and I listen throughly and try to find a solution for them or make them feel better.

3. Usually I am really messy and I don't mind sitting in a messy room but when I am stressed or anxious I start cleaning and organizing things.

4. When I like something I get obsessed with it for a while and search everything about it. Let's say I like Iron man
    I'll search about everything that has to do with him.

5. I really like reading YouTube comments. I like knowing what the people are thinking and I'd even give up watching a video if the comments are disabled.

6. When my family and I get sick it's google time. I start searching our symptoms in order to diagnose us. I read so many articles.

7. I become sleepy when I am bored. Like really sleepy. Let's say I am in a car going somewhere if I am not doing something on my phone or doing nothing interesting I can't stay awake even if I slept really well that day.

8. I am reaaaaaaally bad with directions. I can't describe how to go anywhere to anyone even if I went to the place a hundred times.

9. I have times when I crave talking to people then I have a need to disappear like I feel burdened when people reach out to me. I don't answer any phone calls or texts. I feel like I have no energy to answer.

10. I can't watch the same movie twice. I get bored I am always searching for new things to watch.

11. Fantasy and romcom are my favourite genres. I feel like I can't watch drama or anything too dark as it makes my heart feel heavy.

13. I like to research and make plans before I take a big step but I am also very adaptable. I always try to predict how things are gonna be but if they don't go according to plan it's okay I manage. Then make another prediction and so on.

14. I notice when people's tones change (when they are angry/ excited/ sad ...) and also small gestures and movements and I try to intrepert their feelings and moods according to that.

15. People tell me I move slowly.

16. When I have a problem I try to think about what's the worst thing that could happen and try to prepare for it.

That's all for now. I am looking forward to know your opinions
    Last edited by Melo; 08-10-2021 at 10:52 AM.

TIM
    SLI 5w6
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILI or IEI though I lean towards the former.

10 might point towards emotivist which would point toward IEI

14 may indicate Fe.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you for your insight��.
    I used to think I was either EII or IEI but now I'll consider ILI too.

TIM
    HN-SLI-Te
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. Daydreaming alone is mostly introversion or intuition related, your style of it suggests Ne.
    2. Ethicals are better listeners, inclusivity ("everyone") more common in alpha Fe types.
    3. p>j
    4. INTx types have a tendency to gather a lot of info but that's often not type related.
    5. Ne and also Te or Fe depending on content of these comments. Giving up watching makes more sense for Fe.
    6. Similar to 4. but there's a Te problem solving element.
    7. Sleepiness when bored can be either Ne (bored when nothing new happens), j>p (bored when you have nothing planned to do), Ip temperament (low energy levels) or not type related (mental conditions etc.). Your description seems closest to Ne reasons.
    8. NF types are most likely to have problems in this area.
    9. Most likely Ip temperament, can be not type related.
    10. Ne
    11. Ne/Si valuing
    13. Ni, p>j
    14. Everyone does that but ethicals are more skilled. Can be both Fe or Fi, depending on your motivations, maybe also Ne related.
    15. More common in introverted types.
    16. Si valuers are often more careful and prepare for possible danger. Focus on possible scenarios suggests intuition.

Overall I think EII-Ne but that's not very conclusive.

May look like an LSI, but -Te. Metaphor's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-LIE-NH
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably ILI. Overall, Ni-base fit the descs. though.
    Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel: "The history of the world is none other than the progress of the consciousness of freedom."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you for your answer. You really gave me a lot of things to think about.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I read about IlI a lot of things fit me but there is one thing that I feel doesn't describe me at all. The part were they offend people by accident. I tend to sugar coat a lot and I try my best not to offend anyone.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One more fact I'd like to add is I have no problem cutting people off. Once I feel wronged by someone and I feel like I can't forgive them I cut all ties with them without any problems.

+

I'D rather work alone than a team because then I can make sure of the consistency and quality of my work.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also no.8 might me because I am always in my head and lost in thoughts so much that I don't notice any details about the road I'm taking.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Melo View Post
    I read about IlI a lot of things fit me but there is one thing that I feel doesn't describe me at all. The part were they offend people by accident. I tend to sugar coat a lot and I try my best not to offend anyone.

I suspect that it wouldn't, you come across as very polite in communication. ILIs are polite as well, but its a stiff formal politeness. I read your other "Type Me" thread and you said something about not wanting to offend your conversation partner. I thought that sounded interesting.

14. I notice when people's tones change (when they are angry/ excited/ sad ...) and also small gestures and movements and I try to intrepert their feelings and moods according to that.
    This doesn't sound like Fe PoLr.

11. Fantasy and romcom are my favourite genres. I feel like I can't watch drama or anything too dark as it makes my heart feel heavy.
    This doesn't either.

How have you dealt with this pandemic and lock-downs?

Have you been able to see family members?

What is your ideal group atmosphere?

4. When I like something I get obsessed with it for a while and search everything about it. Let's say I like Iron man
    I'll search about everything that has to do with him.
    I knew people would run with that research thing. But you sound like someone who is just online a lot, which doesn't surprise me you are on here.
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First of all thank you for reading both threads ��
    I really don't relate to the being offensive in social situations since I am always thinking of how the other person would feel in fact the opposite was a problem for me when I was younger I used to allow other to offend me and I couldn't stand up for myself. This changed when I grew up and gained some confidence.

As for the pandemic the stay at home part wasn't a problem for me. At first I was super scared for my family since I live with my parents and brother I was the one who was strict about wearing a mask and spraying alcohol. I'd say that I kinda predicted it too when I first read about the cases in China. I knew the potential danger but kept in the back of my mind and hoped it would stop before spreading to the rest of the world. But as time passed I got more relaxed about protective measures. When my father and brother caught it I helped my mom take care of them. And also started searching every where about the best medications and how other patients are being treated. In a Crisis I act first then I allow myself to feel later. But I think this is an enneagram 6 thing.

My ideal group atmosphere is a small group where we all share stories and have a good time. Everyone is included and everyone is nice. I feel like I am the friend you would find in your happy day and bad day but not so much in your every day if that makes sense. I like being there and supporting my friends in their big days but daily boring small talk and conversations don't interest me.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First of all thank you for reading both threads ��
    I really don't relate to the being offensive in social situations since I am always thinking of how the other person would feel in fact the opposite was a problem for me when I was younger I used to allow other to offend me and I couldn't stand up for myself. This changed when I grew up and gained some confidence.
    I know how that feels. I don't want to say that the ILI would be intentionally offensive but they can be unintentionally offensive. You don't seem to have either problem though.

When my father and brother caught it I helped my mom take care of them. And also started searching every where about the best medications and how other patients are being treated. In a Crisis I act first then I allow myself to feel later. But I think this is an enneagram 6 thing.
    Is it normal for you to take care of people like this? Not that the circumstances were normal, but are you the person who would take care of your friends and loved ones in this way?

What another crisis situation that you found yourself acting first and feeling a certain way about it after?

My ideal group atmosphere is a small group where we all share stories and have a good time. Everyone is included and everyone is nice. I feel like I am the friend you would find in your happy day and bad day but not so much in your every day if that makes sense. I like being there and supporting my friends in their big days but daily boring small talk and conversations don't interest me.
    If I'm understanding this correctly you like to be near people during the extremes of their life, but not necessarily their normal every day circumstances. Do your friends often come to you for help? If so what kind of help is it normally?

Also, would sitting with a group of people having a conversation where they were interrupting one an other and laughing together loudly make you uncomfortable? Assuming you knew them and they weren't strangers.
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Melo One more thing, what kind of daydreaming do you do? What do you normally think about?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by D E M O N View Post
    @Melo One more thing, what kind of daydreaming do you do? What do you normally think about?

I'd say it's normal for me to take care and worry about a sick family member/ friend. I'd do my best to help them get well soon.

One time my mom, aunt and I got stuck in an elevator they started panicking but I tried to calm them down and searching for a solution. Then when we got out I started thinking like omg that was terrible/ scary. Also when I learned that one of my best friends is moving away everyone cried and reacted immediately but I was okay then when I went home it hit me and I started feeling sad. I feel like I take time to process emotion.

My friends do ask me for help. Mostly relationship advice and family problems. They feel like their secrets are safe with me and they can tell me anything.

No it wouldn't annoy me if they were my friends and I felt included I'd actually have fun and enjoy this kind of atmosphere.

My daydreams are like stories were I imagine myself existing in my favourite stories / movies and interacting with the characters altering the stories to my liking and adding plot lines that I see fit.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd say it's normal for me to take care and worry about a sick family member/ friend. I'd do my best to help them get well soon.

One time my mom, aunt and I got stuck in an elevator they started panicking but I tried to calm them down and searching for a solution. Then when we got out I started thinking like omg that was terrible/ scary. Also when I learned that one of my best friends is moving away everyone cried and reacted immediately but I was okay then when I went home it hit me and I started feeling sad. I feel like I take time to process emotion.

My friends do ask me for help. Mostly relationship advice and family problems. They feel like their secrets are safe with me and they can tell me anything.

No it wouldn't annoy me if they were my friends and I felt included I'd actually have fun and enjoy this kind of atmosphere.

My daydreams are like stories were I imagine myself existing in my favourite stories / movies and interacting with the characters altering the stories to my liking and adding plot lines that I see fit.

What do you do, do you have a job, are you a student? What are your plans for the future?

You seem like a very relaxed person who can stay calm under tense situations, can you think of something that does stress you out?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do you do, do you have a job, are you a student? What are your plans for the future?

You seem like a very relaxed person who can stay calm under tense situations, can you think of something that does stress you out?

I have just graduated from college. I am resting a little and then I'll start searching for a job probably an Italian teacher or an intreperter. I have a thing for learning languages and zI feel like I learn them easily.

I get stressed quite often but I try to suppress it or postpone my negative reactions. I am a procrastinater for example I only study a day or two because of the exam. My exams were last months a d there was this subject that I didn't know anything about but still didn't study until 2 days before it. I was still was stressed out but I reaaally lack discipline.
    Also I get stressed out about the wellbeing of my family and their safety.
    You are asking questions like you are debating a certain type in your mind and I am really interested to know about what you're thinking so far.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have just graduated from college. I am resting a little and then I'll start searching for a job probably an Italian teacher or an intreperter. I have a thing for learning languages and zI feel like I learn them easily.

I get stressed quite often but I try to suppress it or postpone my negative reactions. I am a procrastinater for example I only study a day or two because of the exam. My exams were last months a d there was this subject that I didn't know anything about but still didn't study until 2 days before it. I was still was stressed out but I reaaally lack discipline.
    Also I get stressed out about the wellbeing of my family and their safety.
    You are asking questions like you are debating a certain type in your mind and I am really interested to know about what you're thinking so far.
    Lol I'm just trying to get an idea of what kind of things you value. There are some types that I have in mind but I'm not sure yet. I'll say that you seem like an ethical type of some kind. You also seem introverted.

If I was going to just throw out a guess right now I would say you are an EII or IEI. But I'm not sure yet.

What about being an interpreter appeals to you? You said you like to learn new languages, what motivates you to learn a new language?

Was your education related to teaching or interpreting Italian? Was this type of career in your mind for a long time?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol I'm just trying to get an idea of what kind of things you value. There are some types that I have in mind but I'm not sure yet. I'll say that you seem like an ethical type of some kind. You also seem introverted.

If I was going to just throw out a guess right now I would say you are an EII or IEI. But I'm not sure yet.

What about being an interpreter appeals to you? You said you like to learn new languages, what motivates you to learn a new language?

Was your education related to teaching or interpreting Italian? Was this type of career in your mind for a long time?
    Oh I thought you were already thinking about a type ����

I think working as an intreperter is fun it's not boring and it matches my skills also I'd get a chance to be at important events and nice places. I learn language by watching movies, listening to music etc... I simply learn it because I like it. I learn english because I like Hollywood and English music. I studied at the faculty of languages were I chose to learn interpreting two languages : English and Italian. My career plans change a lot even now after I graduated lol I still catch myself thinking oh I wish I became a lawyer/ an artist instead it's more fun/ exciting.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh I thought you were already thinking about a type ����

I think working as an intreperter is fun it's not boring and it matches my skills also I'd get a chance to be at important events and nice places. I learn language by watching movies, listening to music etc... I simply learn it because I like it. I learn english because I like Hollywood and English music. I studied at the faculty of languages were I chose to learn interpreting two languages : English and Italian. My career plans change a lot even now after I graduated lol I still catch myself thinking oh I wish I became a lawyer/ an artist instead it's more fun/ exciting.

This isn't a type related question but where do you live? What is your native language?

I can see being indecisive at your age no matter the type. I think being an interpreter sounds like fun. I live in diverse city and when I worked for a hospital we would need to call interpreters all the time who spoke all kinds of languages to talk to patients.

It sounds like you like to do or learn things for the enjoyment of it.

What do you think about working with different types of people? Is working with people something you care about or are you kind of indifferent to that?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This isn't a type related question but where do you live? What is your native language?

I can see being indecisive at your age no matter the type. I think being an interpreter sounds like fun. I live in diverse city and when I worked for a hospital we would need to call interpreters all the time who spoke all kinds of languages to talk to patients.

It sounds like you like to do or learn things for the enjoyment of it.

What do you think about working with different types of people? Is working with people something you care about or are you kind of indifferent to that?
    I am from Egypt. My native language is Arabic.

Wow that sounds really cool! I like learning about new cultures and the history behind the languages. Working with all types of people sounds really interesting and fun. I'd love to work with people from all over the world.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am from Egypt. My native language is Arabic.

Wow that sounds really cool! I like learning about new cultures and the history behind the languages. Working with all types of people sounds really interesting and fun. I'd love to work with people from all over the world.

From the answers you gave me here and your answers in your "type me" thread you sound like an IEI. You tend to concentrate on danger and value strength. I definitely see you are a ennegram type 6 now.

Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?

I hate war and I wish it never existed. However it is sometimes necessary like when someone is trying to conquer your land. A strong military is important to have. I see it as a way of defence I take bride in seeing that my country's military is one of the best in the region because it makes me feel safe.
    To be honest I feel like I have lust for power. I admire powerful people who are also kind and responsible. Power is strength.
    I like men that I feel are stronger than me men who are empathetic, sociable, understanding, take initiative and charismatic. ( all in all powerful but kind )
    These quotes really stood out to me as someone who values Se.

I won't post any more quotes but you also said you would want to raise your children to be strong and stand up to threats.

From my experience this sort of worldview comes from those who value Se.

Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?

I do, I hold these beliefs because I simply believe in them and understand the wisdom behind them and they are logical to me.
    This isn't a bulletproof reason but saying that you believe in a religion because it is logical to you sounds like a Ti values.

Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.

Yes. I feel like I am stuck inside my own body because of my lack of energy and laziness I have many plans and many things I'd like to do but no energy or discipline.
    This sounds like suggestive Se. Do you wish for someone to push you to make a decision and be more decisive?

I so you seem to be an IEI personality type.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From the answers you gave me here and your answers in your "type me" thread you sound like an IEI. You tend to concentrate on danger and value strength. I definitely see you are a ennegram type 6 now.

These quotes really stood out to me as someone who values Se.

I won't post any more quotes but you also said you would want to raise your children to be strong and stand up to threats.

From my experience this sort of worldview comes from those who value Se.

This isn't a bulletproof reason but saying that you believe in a religion because it is logical to you sounds like a Ti values.

This sounds like suggestive Se. Do you wish for someone to push you to make a decision and be more decisive?

I so you seem to be an IEI personality type.
    I used to debate whether I am an EII or IEI for quite a long time.

I wish from someone to help or support my decisions. Because of my upbringing I doubt myself a lot and I fear being judged. It'd be nice to have a partner that trusts me and inspires me to be more confident. Who also takes action and try to solve the problems when things go south instead of nagging and complaining.

On a side note : thank you very much for your insights and time. I had so much fun answering your questions and talking to you ����

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to debate whether I am an EII or IEI for quite a long time.

I wish from someone to help or support my decisions. Because of my upbringing I doubt myself a lot and I fear being judged. It'd be nice to have a partner that trusts me and inspires me to be more confident. Who also takes action and try to solve the problems when things go south instead of nagging and complaining.

On a side note : thank you very much for your insights and time. I had so much fun answering your questions and talking to you ����

I think its possible you could be EII, the reason I think you are more likely the IEI type is your attitude toward power and strength. For example military strength wouldn't be admired by the EII in the same way you expressed admiration for your military.

Anyways, it was nice meeting you and it was fun to learn more about you .

IEI