52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Sense of humor

Type-related?

Some things I find funny, that may be odd to others:

--The green light next to someone's username
    --Having no profile pic

The combination of the above comes off creepy but oddly funny to me. I dunno why

Other examples:
    slapstick comedy (physical exaggeration), dark, witty/puns, surreal/absurd, dry/deadpan, goofy, observational, poop jokes, etc etc
    Last edited by peteronfireee2; 08-07-2021 at 08:23 PM.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it might:

Alpha

Beta

Gamma

Delta

The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am not a big fan of dry Humor unless it’s deadpan. I hate toilet joke Humor and overly sexual Humor. Im really not a big fan of slapstick Humor either.

I LOVE dark Humor. That’s my bread and butter. Though it has to be done in good taste and you can’t see it coming. I like witty Humor and surreal Humor. My favourite is deadpan when you don’t see it coming and the move in like nothing happened. Like dropping a joke bomb then walking away, oof that’s my stick. I love ironic jokes too

It seems I am really good at observational Humor cause a lot of people find my observations humorous when they don’t mean to be lol.

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Meh, I like Rick and Morty, but Sex and the City wouldn't interest me in the slightest. I like offensive shit and laughing at bad things happening to other people.

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stereotyping is one thing I always find funny.

Like this: https://vid.pr0gramm.com/2021/08/07/...fd23f90c61.mp4

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“Don’t point that gun at him! He’s an unpaid intern.”

"You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it."

These two movies. Wes Anderson. lol
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    SLE-C 8w7 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

South Park and the Boondocks is Beta humor.

One time, I was working with a black crewhead at my work college. Off work, I called him “Master” as a joke, and it is offensive to him. Then, I watched a boondocks clips where one guy said “Master deez nuts in your mouth.”

I said the same joke to that black crewhead in front of everyone but the reaction is priceless.

TIM
    SEI 9w1
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm the type of humor that I don't like: anything that involves belching, farting, poop jokes. Dry humor is a hit or miss for me because most times I'm not able to tell if the person is joking or not. Self depreciating humor makes me uncomfortable, I start wondering if the person is okay.

I can find dad jokes funny. It's just the cheesiness of it that makes it funny, like it's so unfunny that it's funny lol
    Dark humor is always hilarious.

And @MissDuckie just made me aware that something is called observational humor. I didn't know there were so many different types of humor

Some tv shows and movies I find hilarious: The Boondocks, Santa Clarita Diet, The Good Place, Neighbors, White Chicks, Grown Ups. She's The Man is one of the most hilarious movies to ever exist.
    Chronic "grass is always greener" syndrome

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Absurd and stupid stuff makes me laugh.

"Witty" humor is fucking annoying.
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by D E M O N View Post

Agree 100% with Billy.

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really liked the Fast Show, that was my type of humor. I don't like the laugh track but the characters are great.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Paraprosdokians: the course the joke takes mocks your expectations. If intuitive, perhaps it relates to Ne?

The style is familiar to me from my upbringing - sarcasm wasn't used in my home, for whatever reason. I remember my uncle describing two objects together that shouldn't be, and the absurdity provoked a smile when I was otherwise cautious to show my emotions.

On the forum @PseudoRandomBSGenerator's word combinations are often very funny to me in a ??? way. There is a significant delay followed by my amusement

Someone at work talked about a graphics card being on its "last legs" and the imagery of that was similarly funny to me, because the scenario itself was serious and I needed an outlet (to calm down). Anthropomorphising objects for humour may relate to Fe, especially when the objects are causing trouble.

Those two methods of humour would be my weakness, if you really want to get a laugh out of me.

TIM
    EII-1Ne 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MissDucki View Post
    It seems I am really good at observational Humor cause a lot of people find my observations humorous when they don’t mean to be lol.
    it’s gotta be an SEI thing - my SEI-Fe cousin is just like this.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like anything Will Ferell and I like almost all stand-up comedy.

Last edited by chriscorey; 08-08-2021 at 01:17 AM.
    The mind is restless and difficult to restrain, but it is subdued by practice

-Krishna

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thistle View Post
    On the forum @PseudoRandomBSGenerator's word combinations are often very funny to me in a ??? way. There is a significant delay followed by my amusement
    I seem to confuse the most literal people a lot. I think I have good amount schizotypy vortexing around in one of my head organs.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...53811913012664

MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The mind is restless and difficult to restrain, but it is subdued by practice

-Krishna

TIM
    SLI 5w6
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like all types of humor, but I enjoy offbeat, unusual, and unexpected humor, many times with poor taste.

are a few examples
    Last edited by aixelsyd; 08-08-2021 at 08:57 AM.

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I enjoy dark humor a lot. I joke about scenes in Fargo sometimes, one involving a wood chipper lol

my husband rented a wood chipper for a job and it made me think of Fargo, so I asked him if I should be worried and then sent him a GIF of that scene and died laughing for like 5 min over it

oh, and Irony Love irony
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blazing Saddles
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Curb your enthusiasm is pretty funny

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

I find stupid meme humor like this funny

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This show was funny too

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is beta AF, the maker has to be a beta NF (EIE?)

I also like Gamerpoop. The skyrim stuff especially

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

This is just so top notch
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PseudoRandomBSGenerator View Post
    I seem to confuse the most literal people a lot. I think I have good amount schizotypy vortexing around in one of my head organs.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...53811913012664

Based on this result it might be that metaphor and synonym production (both) show activation in brain areas that have connection to schizotypal distortions.
    There is more information available about measured brain changes in schizophrenia, specifically...

If synonym is drawn from a knowledge bank of literal associations, I wonder if changes in memory coding/retrieval could lead to a growing quantity of literal meanings being dismissed in favour of figurative language. BTW, when we say that someone we dislike is a dragon, what makes them not a lizard? One is hot and the other cold, both lay eggs.

Going back to the article and thread topic, I noticed that metaphors were scored based on their cleverness, originality and remoteness = exactly those things that make them funny.

Thanks for raising this subject, though I might have overworked my own brain and need a rest now.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

old-school mad tv probably my most favorite type of humor. And yeah, I didn't like Sex in the City either lol. That show being Beta doesn't make much sense to me- it seemed waaaay more Gamma than anything. They always did these serious non-merry like monologues during the show where Carrie would describe her Gamma SF narcissism in every message lol. It could even be Delta tbh. Also it wasn't a comedy so weird example lol. It wasn't even funny... it was a more of a regular drama pretty much? Do you think it's Beta because faggy IEI = Carrie's personal hairstylist? lol Faggy IEIs nature is pretty naturally ubiquitous - it doesn't make the show Beta however.

I know a female LIE who really liked Sex & the City.

Oh I also like physical humor a lot. Like Glory getting hit by the truck on Buffy. Although it should have been moving faster and it wasn't edited very well. Or that scene in Xena where the chakram hit like 2490723492 things in one episode.

Banned
    TIM
    IEE-Ne cp684 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really love absurd humour, anything that points out how the things we do make little sense, or just completely rando stuff. If there are puns, it gets a bonus point.

Quote Originally Posted by thistle View Post
    Paraprosdokians: the course the joke takes mocks your expectations. If intuitive, perhaps it relates to Ne?
    The style is familiar to me from my upbringing - sarcasm wasn't used in my home, for whatever reason. I remember my uncle describing two objects together that shouldn't be, and the absurdity provoked a smile when I was otherwise cautious to show my emotions.
    Oooh fancy word. Humour that defies your expectations is the real stuff.

TIM
    ILE-De
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't really try often to make explicit jokes, usually I just talk and the natural flow of conversation makes me sound like a stand-up comedian. Just explaining a story in a long-winded form while acting it out with my voice in body in a way that's funny. Also general "witty" humor, sometimes I'll just find random connections in my head and say things that are supposed to be jokes that are so wildly incomprehensible that I just chuckle a bit to myself about it while no one else notices.

Also memes, but the only reason those are funny is so that people can talk about literally anything and not take it seriously and just turn it into a joke.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eudaimonia View Post

this, the more dissonant the better

TIM
    ENTJ-Ni 8w9 835 SpSx
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really love witty humour!
    I don't find stupid stuff funny. Every time I read someone's profile saying a funny guy, most of them are not funny to me. I just don't like silly jokes.

Quote Originally Posted by BandD View Post
    old-school mad tv probably my most favorite type of humor. And yeah, I didn't like Sex in the City either lol. That show being Beta doesn't make much sense to me- it seemed waaaay more Gamma than anything. They always did these serious non-merry like monologues during the show where Carrie would describe her Gamma SF narcissism in every message lol. It could even be Delta tbh. Also it wasn't a comedy so weird example lol. It wasn't even funny... it was a more of a regular drama pretty much? Do you think it's Beta because faggy IEI = Carrie's personal hairstylist? lol Faggy IEIs nature is pretty naturally ubiquitous - it doesn't make the show Beta however.

I know a female LIE who really liked Sex & the City.

Oh I also like physical humor a lot. Like Glory getting hit by the truck on Buffy. Although it should have been moving faster and it wasn't edited very well. Or that scene in Xena where the chakram hit like 2490723492 things in one episode.
    I liked Sex & the City. Haha. It wasn't really a comedy though, but anyway.

Oh,
    I like baby Stewie in Family Guy!

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baqer View Post
    Also general "witty" humor, sometimes I'll just find random connections in my head and say things that are supposed to be jokes that are so wildly incomprehensible that I just chuckle a bit to myself about it while no one else notices.
    Apparently I have bit of a reputation being the guy who seems to be smiling and laughing at random moments.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    ESFp-Fi 7w8 Sp/Sx
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    South Park and the Boondocks is Beta humor.

One time, I was working with a black crewhead at my work college. Off work, I called him “Master” as a joke, and it is offensive to him. Then, I watched a boondocks clips where one guy said “Master deez nuts in your mouth.”

I said the same joke to that black crewhead in front of everyone but the reaction is priceless.
    I conversely am Black and told my White boss "Wassup ma ni**a?" Love those moments

TIM
    4w3 so/sx
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rick & Morty seems dumb & not funny to me.

TIM
    ILI - H/C 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love watching SEE do stupid and silly things...

Fuck this toxic snake pit Fluffy Princess Unicorn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SlytherinPower View Post
    Rick & Morty seems dumb & not funny to me.
    Agreed. Same with South Park, Family Guy…basically all of those kinds of shows. I never did like them.

Fuck this toxic snake pit Fluffy Princess Unicorn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I fucking hate “stupid” humor. Forcing me to watch Spongebob would be effective torture. I'm not even exaggerating, I get irritated by the mere sound of his voice.

This blooper at 3:06 made me laugh pretty hard.
    https://youtu.be/MMdXZV41jM0?t=186

I laugh hard at a lot of Supernatural bloopers, actually. I've tried to find a pattern in my favorite humor, and I noticed it seems very authentic (not orchestrated in advance and not just being done to create a lighthearted emotional atmosphere). It involves a lot of fucking around with people, which I realized is exactly the style of humor I myself have. That's why I'm much funnier in RL than I am online. It's difficult to fuck with each other, as it involves a lot of physical interaction; either with the person or with nearby objects within my surroundings. There are often lighthearted competitive dynamics involved. It's also often stuff you have to either demonstrate physically or you had to be there for it if it's going to be funny, otherwise it's just going to require too much explanation and stop being funny. I mean…imagine trying to explain this story without physical demonstration of the paper plane part, which is the climax of the entire story:
    https://youtu.be/3XWKqsQKrQE?t=145

Also..LOL "Could you? Because I couldn't see that you could see it."

I feel like it's rare for women to have this style of humor, it sort of seems like "bro humor." Also, I have to do it sparingly at times, because for whatever reason most guys interpret it as flirtation when a woman does it. Next thing you know, they either go for sex or romance, I reject them, and it ruins the relationship and makes everything weird.
    Last edited by Fluffy Princess Unicorn; 11-06-2021 at 07:52 AM.

TIM
    ESFp-Fi 7w8 Sp/Sx
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Moharu View Post
    I love watching SEE do stupid and silly things...

I'm more put together than this...but I think you'd only see the goofiness IRL. I'm told I come off colder in text

Just to talk about some archetypes....I heavily dislike characters like that Ceasar guy. Is he an Beta NF?
    ��

TIM
    ILI - H/C 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CptLandhawk View Post
    I'm more put together than this...but I think you'd only see the goofiness IRL. I'm told I come off colder in text

Just to talk about some archetypes....I heavily dislike characters like that Ceasar guy. Is he an Beta NF?
    ��
    Yes, it's depend on the person (Subtype/ enn). Like my SEE father usually look serious/ a little bit cold and bossy, but my SEE cousin come off more playful (face still look a little bit serious gamma like).

I think Ceasar kind of beta extrovert. But he was design to be hate by the author from the very beginning, so it's not really about his type.
    Last edited by Tarnished; 11-08-2021 at 01:38 PM.

TIM
    ESFp-Fi 7w8 Sp/Sx
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Moharu View Post
    Yes, it's depend on the person (Subtype/ enn). Like my SEE father usually look serious/ a little bit cold and bossy, but my SEE cousin come off more playful (face still look a little bit serious gamma like).

I think Ceasas kind of beta extrovert. But he was design to be hate by the author from the very beginning, so it's not really about his type.

Lol i know I know. I guess that joke would only work irl with facial expressions and such.

I think I'm pretty upbeat most of the time, but things take a drastic shift when I want to capitalize on something in the moment.

ILIs are funny to get reactions out of and usually we're on the same page humor wise

TIM
    school shooter one
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast