Hybrid View

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default How does SEI's Si function process immediate info

Whether its texting or face to face, do SEI process conversations in the moment or later in the day?

My SEI buddy often tells me she'll think about our conversations later. Got me figuring if SEI will sort of mentally "file" away a text or convo to think about it later instead of right then.

If the question ain't clear I'm cool with rephrasing

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Si doesnt process text or conversations at all. SEI has to use weak functions for that so that's why he has to think about it
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    Si doesnt process text or conversations at all. SEI has to use weak functions for that so that's why he has to think about it
    By weak, do you mean the logical or intuitive functions?

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stray Cat View Post
    By weak, do you mean the logical or intuitive functions?
    Whatever is needed to process the info. It depends. Often both in my own experience.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whatever is needed to process the info. It depends. Often both in my own experience.
    Gotcha. Situations like this could use a outside take. Cool, man

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't see how logic or intuition are useful to process information in a conversation? I think feeling and sensing are more appropriate. Do you think you see it this way because you realize you have weak logic and intuition?

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flowers and sugar View Post
    I don't see how logic or intuition are useful to process information in a conversation? I think feeling and sensing are more appropriate. Do you think you see it this way because you realize you have weak logic and intuition?

Sensing only processes what's right in front of you. Raw sensations. Not something that is said.

Of corse N and T is useful when processing what is said. Exactly What is said, summarizing, implications etc. Feeling can also be used of course.

(Jung on Si)

May look like an LSI, but -Te. Metaphor's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-LIE-NH
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmmm, I thought that has something to do with having Fe-ego and Fi-ID in their block, no?
    I think SEI often tries to get away from the conversation by thinking of the implication according to potentials, depends on how their Ne Suggestive will perceive such kind of conversation later on. Though, I could see this rather as dynamic by dichotomies, since they perceive information as things that are constantly evolving and changing.
    Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel: "The history of the world is none other than the progress of the consciousness of freedom."

TIM
    6w7 sp/sx 639
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I process conversations later in the day... I just have to truly think about.
    If they ever tryna neck, I'll put my foot up in your caca
    Call your mama and your papa
    Like I'm finna take your dadda
    Turn that bitch into a soccer ball and rocka, rocka, rocka (brrr)
    Get into it like a suit
    And fuck a stack up like a broker