Thread: Sigma Male meme is basically the LIE

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink Sigma Male meme is basically the LIE

This meme is basically making fun of Gamma and especially LIE.

Also, this can open a debate about if "Hustle Culture" is inherently Gamma.

The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Ah, I know about this "alternative" version of "the sociosexual hierarchy". In truth a "Sigma" is essentially an "Alpha" who shirks the concurrent responsibilities, his "noblesse oblige", and all that entails. That is, he'd rather remain free to do as he wills rather than become a "leader" and assume the burden of he who wears a crown. He likewise rather dislikes when the "king" tries to make him acknowledge him as such. You're the king? Yeah, here's the thing. I could easily contest you for that crown you erroneously think is welded to your skull. I do not because I'd rather not wear it. Keep pushing me though. Even I have my limits. There is a point I will rip that crown off your head right along with the top parts of your skull and become that usurper you fear I'll become. Once it hits that point I'll already be in the process of ripping your skull open though. So for the good of us all let's not let it get to that point. Leave me be and allow me to do what I'm already doing and we both need not deal with a situation we'd both rather avoid.

There is a use for such people in an "Alpha's" world BTW. See, that means he's essentially a freelance Alpha. A highly competent mercenary who will get jobs done if you just let them do it their way and refuse to second guess their decisions. You want X done and you can't for the life of you figure out any way for it to get done? Just accept that while the Sigma may well hold you in contempt and see you as an inferior, he'll do the job for you with the utmost of competence if you just leave him alone and let him do it.

This would require you to have a lack of attachment issues and thus have an internal locus of control. Something that's rather rare to encounter in anyone nowadays.

Now that I think on it it's a rather Gamma mindset. ILI's in particular I'd wager are the most likely to be either Sigma or Delta. We're either Alphas who shirk the leadership role as that's essentially Introvert Hell and become Sigma or we become Deltas because someone has to do a thing that the entire system relies on and while it ain't glamorous or sexy it is nonetheless necessary (e.g. We're your White Mage). Either way, you want to make us ILI's happy wherever they exist in your society. Food for thought folks .
    Last edited by End; 08-07-2021 at 06:14 AM.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MrInternet42069 View Post
    What about the shrigma male?

The next stage in human evolution.

TIM
    ESI-H 936 Sp
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEE sigma

LIE sigma

ESI sigma

TIM
    ESI-H 936 Sp
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESE sigma male

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol drake is definitely beta

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLI Sigma grind

TIM
    RLOAI?
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And what about Smegma males? ILI?

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I see this sigma concept very LSI - someone who seeks for their inner Übermensch.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now lets start with Ligma

Banned
    TIM
    IEE-Ne cp684 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some men think they aren't man enough until they transform themselves into turgid walking penises. Happily for me, my identity doesn't revolve around socially constructed gender identities. No need to conform, I just try to be myself. But hey, whatever makes you hard/wet/happy...

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lkdhf qkb View Post
    Some men think they aren't man enough until they transform themselves into turgid walking penises. Happily for me, my identity doesn't revolve around socially constructed gender identities. No need to conform, I just try to be myself. But hey, whatever makes you hard/wet/happy...
    I identify as ξ male because no one outside of Hellenic world can write it down (including mathematicians even when they try) using a pencil. That's how my special snowflake syndrome presents itself.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Banned
    TIM
    IEE-Ne cp684 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Se HA can make LIE-Te do some pretty ........ over-the-top stuff sometimes. Does this specimen count as "sigma" male?

So sexy it hurts sorry I can't really take this thread completely seriously, being Si-valuing. But yes I think hustle culture is pretty much Gamma.
    Last edited by lkdhf qkb; 08-09-2021 at 04:57 PM.

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by D E M O N View Post
    Also, this can open a debate about if "Hustle Culture" is inherently Gamma
    it's inherently Te, bezos is LSE and elon is LIE, they're the sigma gods it seems. anyways sigma balls
    Last edited by coin; 08-10-2021 at 04:07 AM.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*leaves the LIE cock-sucking extravaganza*

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This meme seems a sucker punch by alphas and betas, since sigmas piss off both alphas and betas (but especially betas -- alphas often try to recruit them as if they were a beta, and fail). Nothing of that is sigma. Sigma is basically DCNH C.

Alpha - Dominant
    Beta - Normalizing
    Sigma - Creative
    Omega (this is usually described negatively by some authors, which I don't agree) - Harmonizing

Examples: Roy Batty, Walter White (appears in the video), Tyrion Lannister

The peaky blinders guy is probably an omega, although what he is doing (ignoring a taunt), can be done by both sigmas and omegas, it's more likely to be done by an omega.
    Last edited by roger557; 09-05-2021 at 09:53 AM.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eudaimonia View Post
    This meme is basically making fun of Gamma and especially LIE.

Also, this can open a debate about if "Hustle Culture" is inherently Gamma.

nah its mostly sp/sx males. also Jocko Willink is SEE-Se

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Actually, this meme screams covert narcissism that manages to elevate itself tad above the Incel culture and has gained a better concept of self. From "I'm total loser victim" to "god dammit even when I got a micropenis I still have a pair of functional balls and I'm sometimes useful".
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Time to feed this thread expired memes lol.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I can handle about 3 seconds of this content.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PseudoRandomBSGenerator View Post
    (video)
    Lol I saw that

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hustle culture is a big meme. America is going to fall apart because it thinks working 70 hours a day is okay for everyone. It's inherently fractionalized, IE I look down on the commoner, and this is aristocracy. Beta or Delta in a nutshell. We're in the midst of the great resignation for a reason.

CEO salaries are the biggest example of non-gammaness. You literally do not need that much money. Warren Buffet puts it best, if you look into his politics. I could understand if you were using it to fund your interesting inventions like Elon Musk, but a lot of them throw their money at ridiculous things. The example of that that I hate the most is Dubai and their slave labor. It's super unethical and I bring it up every so often on the debate server.

Even Musk and his opulent grand designs are grating. For someone who's considered the epitome of LIE, he's quite a show off. Modesty is a good thing, but I feel like that is lost on this world.

Compare Bill Gates, who actually spends his time trying to get people to do charitable things in his free time. I'm closer to that than a pompous show off. Sadly, my hands are tied, I don't have influence because I'm unpopular or at best unknown, and don't really have the will to do anything about it. And yes, I'm sure there are critiques of Bill Gates, but I really only care about the image.

Also, I can barely handle any of this content.

That being said, it's quite nice to hear that sigmas are DCNH C type. I'm DCNH C type. Roy how are you this wrong?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrenology

An optimist - does not get discouraged under any circumstances. Life upheavals and stressful events only toughen him and make more confident. He likes to laugh and entertain people. Enters contact with someone by involving him with a humorous remark. His humor is often sly and contain hints and double meanings. Easily enters into arguments and bets, especially if he is challenged. When arguing his points is often ironic, ridicules the views of his opponent. His irritability and hot temper may be unpleasant to others. However, he himself is not perceptive of this and believes that he is simply exchanging opinions.

http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.php?title=LIE_Profile_by_Gulenko

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I got the impression sigma male was for people who aren't alphas but want to pretend they are.

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I figured the sigma male was a joke. But here we are.

An optimist - does not get discouraged under any circumstances. Life upheavals and stressful events only toughen him and make more confident. He likes to laugh and entertain people. Enters contact with someone by involving him with a humorous remark. His humor is often sly and contain hints and double meanings. Easily enters into arguments and bets, especially if he is challenged. When arguing his points is often ironic, ridicules the views of his opponent. His irritability and hot temper may be unpleasant to others. However, he himself is not perceptive of this and believes that he is simply exchanging opinions.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

They seem to be speculative what-if-alpha-males-were-considerate-and-didn't-bully. From one description of the sigma male: " If you’re a sigma male, you’re virtually an introverted alpha male." I doubt that there would be agreement on a standard definition of sigma males - perhaps ones running on synthesized testosterone.

a.k.a. I/O

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tapped out at 1:40. How do people unironically make this crap?

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anotherguy View Post
    I tapped out at 1:40. How do people unironically make this crap?

Lol. You watched any of it? Man, you obviously are not jealous of your time.

Incidentally, this thread makes no sense to me. Sort of like a jet engine repair manual written for a starfish.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Lol. You watched any of it? Man, you obviously are not jealous of your time.

Incidentally, this thread makes no sense to me. Sort of like a jet engine repair manual written for a starfish.
    I was entertained to some degree, so it was time well spent.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sometimes i wonder if this man really exists... he's an EJ because he's such a constant freight train hardass, he's not ESE because that type can't reaaaaallly deal in the practical logic and hardass living, it's not LIE bc despite the shows of Se HA from LIE eventually one realizes they're not looking at a solid sensor and the LIE is more innovative tech often than this, it's not LSE because the LSE in the end, ends up being boring and domestic jk but like the Si creative actually is kinda soft-ish. so then i am like this is their masculine umbrella, a form they can assume but can't keep up 100%. and who said Te didn't care about image hehe.

but maybe it is LIE wanting to look like extroverted ST - so the image was created by LIE. meme quote in OP does ring Si polr/Se HA.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by inumbra View Post
    sometimes i wonder if this man really exists... he's an EJ because he's such a constant freight train hardass, he's not ESE because that type can't reaaaaallly deal in the practical logic and hardass living, it's not LIE bc despite the shows of Se HA from LIE eventually one realizes they're not looking at a solid sensor and the LIE is more innovative tech often than this, it's not LSE because the LSE in the end, ends up being boring and domestic jk but like the Si creative actually is kinda soft-ish. so then i am like this is their masculine umbrella, a form they can assume but can't keep up 100%. and who said Te didn't care about image hehe.

but maybe it is LIE wanting to look like extroverted ST - so the image was created by LIE. meme quote in OP does ring Si polr/Se HA.

The Sigma male was created by kids on the playground, talking about monsters, demons, and gods.

You want a chariot with functional, feathered wings? You got it.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Betas get mad, Sigmas get rich.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

unironically slave morality master race

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by inumbra View Post

It's obviously Sherlock if EJ, otherwise, you might be wrong on it being EJ temperament.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Status is for losers.

context is king
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The entire world is an embarrassing mess.
    ἀταραξία

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm incredibly dangerous

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast