TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Default How the STs compensate for weak Fi

ESTp- we’re getting married right now
    ISTP- here baby I want you to have a phat house, a phat ride, and here’s a phat donut on top; I love you! If you stay you get phat everything
    ESTj-let’s get married and go home where I will never let you out again! Don’t worry I can work, put a roof over your and my baby’s head, shop at Costco and buy several warehouse supply of food ensuring you’ll never leave again
    ISTj- I have to think about this; once done there’s no going back and I mean it!!!! Don’t change our relationship! This is the way we are! *sips tea* or coffee
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 08-06-2021 at 05:23 PM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

So what sorts of responses are they about to get?
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Funny

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The smart ones get others to front for them. The seemingly more sensitive ones simply have thin skins.

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PseudoRandomBSGenerator View Post
    So what sorts of responses are they about to get?
    All of the responses are yes since ST are work horses
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    SLE Sx/So
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what about NTs?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kingslayer View Post
    what about NTs?
    -

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    ESTp- we’re getting married right now
    This is basically how I proposed.
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kingslayer View Post
    what about NTs?
    ILE: "Marriage? OK, whatever. We can try it out for a while."
    LII: "Based on my current situation I have decided to try out new lifestyle. In many cultures there exists a concept called marriage which has been in a flux. Thus after a rather long process I have found myself being a hetero normative person and therefore propose a marriage with you. As per current situation it seems like everything is OK for both of us and there exits no external barriers between us. According to my predictive calculations you have said "yes" few milliseconds ago."
    ILI: "I'm a rather perverted human being thus I'm going to chain you for life... If that is OK with you..? We can change roles."
    LIE: "I'm a man and you are woman. You are 7/10 as a person and that lies within my upper range. Let's marry right now because time is money."
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

LII: "Based on my current situation I have decided to try out new lifestyle. In many cultures there exists a concept called marriage which has been in a flux. Thus after a rather long process I have found myself being a hetero normative person and therefore propose a marriage with you. As per current situation it seems like everything is OK for both of us and there exits no external barriers between us. According to my predictive calculations you have said "yes" few milliseconds ago."
    ILI: "I'm a rather perverted human being thus I'm going to chain you for life... If that is OK with you..? We can change roles."
    LIE: "I'm a man and you are woman. You are 7/10 as a person and that lies within my upper range. Let's marry right now because time is money."
    This sounds about right.

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

good to see that romance isn't dead

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah. It seems that my duals really value marriage! What a lucky women I am…

TIM
    ILE-De
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MissDucki View Post
    You're gonna have to have a very convincing argument if you want to get anywhere.

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baqer View Post
    You're gonna have to have a very convincing argument if you want to get anywhere.
    Men typically tend to live longer, get more promotions, and are typically happier then single men. As a dual, I basically have that sweet sweet Si and Fe that you guys refuse to admit that you are a slave to. If you enjoyed my stew, imagine going home to a steak dinner basted in butter with a pretty wife to show off when you wish. That’s just the tip of the iceberg. But hey I should be asking my duals why I should marry them as SEI are the superior ones in this duality

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Men typically tend to live longer, get more promotions, and are typically happier then single men. As a dual, I basically have that sweet sweet Si and Fe that you guys refuse to admit that you are a slave to. If you enjoyed my stew, imagine going home to a steak dinner basted in butter with a pretty wife to show off when you wish. That’s just the tip of the iceberg. But hey I should be asking my duals why I should marry them as SEI are the superior ones in this duality

This is true.

ILEs don't care about living longer, getting promotions, or being happy. They just want to goof off and play with their friends.
    So the real reason that ILEs should marry SEIs is that the SEIs will take care of the house and any kids (including the ILE), which means that the ILE has more time to play with his custom-built compiler or his 3D printers.

TIM
    ILE-De
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"This marriage isn't about love, it's about food, and you're cheaper than hiring a personal cook."

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"This marriage isn't about love, it's about food, and you're cheaper than hiring a personal cook."
    You went pretty crazy for my stew, so tell me food ain’t apart of it?

Having a wife raises your social standing and is a good security blanket. If you want children it is a good idea too. SEI‘s are typically funny and well liked which can and will open doors for more possibilities in the future and will get you well liked. Most can dress you well and make your living space comfortable and make sure you mess up less. Aka make sure you don’t loose a hand or forget you appointment. Also, they tend to be loving and accepting individuals. Plus, I’ve been told I’m pretty funny and I send good memes. What do ILEs bring to the table, entertainment and some money possibly? That ain’t enough for a ring and love.

TIM
    ILE-De
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You went pretty crazy for my stew, so tell me food ain’t apart of it?

Having a wife raises your social standing and is a good security blanket. If you want children it is a good idea too. SEI‘s are typically funny and well liked which can and will open doors for more possibilities in the future and will get you well liked. Most can dress you well and make your living space comfortable and make sure you mess up less. Aka make sure you don’t loose a hand or forget you appointment. Also, they tend to be loving and accepting individuals. Plus, I’ve been told I’m pretty funny and I send good memes. What do ILEs bring to the table, entertainment and some money possibly? That ain’t enough for a ring and love.
    Well people have and adopt children for some reason, so whatever justification people have for that is the justification someone would have for marrying and ILE.

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well people have and adopt children for some reason, so whatever justification people have for that is the justification someone would have for marrying and ILE.
    Well, last resort is tying an ILE to a bed and force feeding him oranges until he loves me and gives me a ring but that isn’t much of my style. Though I have heard that some ILE like those extreme measures. Meh, either way I got LII’s, SLI’s and SLE’s knocking at my door if I ever need to but duality would have been nice~

TIM
    ILE-De
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, last resort is tying an ILE to a bed and force feeding him oranges until he loves me and gives me a ring but that isn’t much of my style. Though I have heard that some ILE like those extreme measures. Meh, either way I got LII’s, SLI’s and SLE’s knocking at my door if I ever need to but duality would have been nice~
    I mean personally I'd rather have something better than just oranges, a bit too simple and gets old easy.

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I mean personally I'd rather have something better than just oranges, a bit too simple and gets old easy.
    Oh so it’s not about food but you’re getting picky now huh? What does his highness want to be fed while tied to the freaking bed he?

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..................
    Well, last resort is tying an ILE to a bed and force feeding him oranges
    I've never heard that "force feeding him oranges" has much of a guaranteed effect, but they make a machine which has one electrode around the base of the penis and the other electrode goes up his ass and the machine increases the voltage and the frequency until

until he loves me and gives me a ring but that isn’t much of my style. Though I have heard that some ILE like those extreme measures. Meh, either way I got LII’s, SLI’s and SLE’s knocking at my door if I ever need to but duality would have been nice~

TIM
    ILE-De
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh so it’s not about food but you’re getting picky now huh? What does his highness want to be fed while tied to the freaking bed he?
    Filet mignon sounds nice

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Filet mignon sounds nice
    Who is going to be paying for the fillet mignon cause it ain’t going to be me

TIM
    ILE-De
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who is going to be paying for the fillet mignon cause it ain’t going to be me
    Fine, but you better make every dollar i spend worth it.

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fine, but you better make every dollar i spend worth it.
    Yes! I’ll have it basted in butter, thyme, and garlic and cooked to perfection. It will be worth it! If you throw in more money I’ll make sure to get you some nice silk ties for the bed and a premium pillow too.

TIM
    ILE-De
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes! I’ll have it basted in butter, thyme, and garlic and cooked to perfection. It will be worth it! If you throw in more money I’ll make sure to get you some nice silk ties for the bed and a premium pillow too.
    This is the second time we've had a conversation like this.

At no point reading ILE-SEI dual descriptions did they talk about this.

What even are these? Absurdist? Tangents? God forbid roleplay?

Though I will say, I've only other person I've had conversations like this with is also an SEI-Fe, if that helps.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Though I will say, I've only other person I've had conversations like this with is also an SEI-Fe, if that helps.

In my experience, SEIs are good-looking, sexy, bright, cheerful, friendly and forward. They dress well and take good care of the people whom they care about.

ILEs, on the other hand, are often smart but look like something the cat dragged in and dropped on the floor. They are self-absorbed and selfish and opinionated and are usually extremely cheap. Their one redeeming grace is that they are usually liberals.

How this Duality propagates is a mystery to me.

TIM
    ILE-De
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    How this Duality propagates is a mystery to me.
    Pity and someone they hope they can shove through a job interview so that they don't have to worry about making money themselves.

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do you hate them? I find them fun! It’s how I joke. ILE-Ti’s tend to respond to me the best like this too.

Why god forbid roleplay? Goodness you’re no funnnn

From my experience ILE and SEI are both big children who like to poke each other and have fun in a childish way. It can be the most stupid thing in the world but if both find it funny, they both don’t care and will run with it. It’s both very innocent and genuine from both ends. ILE’s have been the only ones that seem to enjoy it as much as I do. We’re not as serious a lot of people think, we just need someone we can comfortable let loose with is all and I think ILE just want Someone they feel safe being a big kid too without pressure and feel comfortable with the person. I like to think that is the magic of the ILE-SEI duality.
    Last edited by MissDucki; 08-11-2021 at 02:46 PM.

TIM
    ILE-De
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We’re not as serious a lot of people think,
    I'm not??

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not??
    Lol I meant SEI, I think people can view us as being a bit serious at times. I’ve been told I take things too seriously despite my joking on this forum. I dated an ILE who I thought was much more serious until I started cracking jokes and being affectionate. The more I did it, the better he responded and in full force too which I didn’t expect.

Point is, ILE can seem very serious but once you poke at their child-ish side they are the biggest teddy bears IMO. I like both the serious and fun sides personally. Just I don’t always expect it.

TIM
    ILE-De
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol I meant SEI, I think people can view us as being a bit serious at times. I’ve been told I take things too seriously despite my joking on this forum. I dated an ILE who I thought was much more serious until I started cracking jokes and being affectionate. The more I did it, the better he responded and in full force too which I didn’t expect.

Point is, ILE can seem very serious but once you poke at their child-ish side they are the biggest teddy bears IMO. I like both the serious and fun sides personally. Just I don’t always expect it.
    wait no i thought i was serious, err, ummm,

I am serious, that it what I meant to imply.

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wait no i thought i was serious, err, ummm,

I am serious, that it what I meant to imply.
    Yes, your as serious as your avatar

ILE are serious but they do like to have fun but you can always sense they have that serious mindset underneath and that can be quite business like at times.

Edit: but they don’t want to let that serious over taken per say. Serious idealistic is better to describe I think. But I also think they are still soft and squishy

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It is a stamp you can collect from the state. My SEE sister is ready to marry when the hell freezes over. So dunno about that. I'm at least ambivalent.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

You two sound like a married couple.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    SLI 5w6
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hard to say because I never really pursued anyone except a probable ILI. I have always let people come to me. So my wife is the one who pursued me. She claims I was hard to get but I was not trying to be hard to get. Anyway, she seduced me via food and we just started hanging out until we became a couple and the rest just kind of happened. She didn't have a car then so I would provide transportation and I paid most of the bills for the first couple of years. Now it's the other way around since I am not making much money compared to her but I am hoping to get a better income within this or the next year. Nonetheless, I have always been the one with money saved so, push comes to shove, I have the funds for an emergency. But I usually compensate by providing money and acquiring resources. Not having as much money as I used to sucks but it keeps me humble, I guess.

edit: Oh, and apparently I am good at spotting scams for her since she gets targeted fairly often.
    Last edited by aixelsyd; 08-11-2021 at 04:47 AM.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by one View Post
    I didn't pay much attention to the bantering that comes before and after but seems like this is a joke. But anyway as an ILE apologist I'd say they're not the type to bring money but they always have great ideas and they solve problems in the best ways possible. Also knows a lot about many things. In a team they're so useful tbh though like me they are terrible in following rules and always joke a lot in unnecessary situations. For example boss said put up a profile pic of ourselves for the chats, ILE coworker used a meme pic. Smart and weirdly likeable. Maybe that's how they might be able to bring in the money? Idk. When I think of SEI-ILE I don't immediately think rich.
    It can turn out to be so that only an opportunity for seeking new things is enough to keep them in life. There's a video by Jordan Peterson who described this sort of personality having very hard time at having steady employment. Sure, they come in and solve the problems and then their internship is over... and people notice that they can not handle steady life and tell the person to try something where they skills are appreciated and the cycle continues. Kind of what I have done.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Banned
    TIM
    IEE-Ne cp684 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It can turn out to be so that only an opportunity for seeking new things is enough to keep them in life. There's a video by Jordan Peterson who described this sort of personality having very hard time at having steady employment. Sure, they come in and solve the problems and then their internship is over... and people notice that they can not handle steady life and tell the person to try something where they skills are appreciated and the cycle continues. Kind of what I have done.
    Holy moly that sounds like a condition I might have. Trying to have a stable life is like having to fight my impulses constantly.

Banned
    TIM
    IEE-Ne cp684 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think @MissDucki is SEI with creative subtype in DCNH. With her zaniness she even got @PseudoRandomBSGenerator out of his cave.... It's like magic or something.

ILE-D and SEI-N have probably very different interaction styles & expectations.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast