Thread: Satires of other quadras

TIM
    IEE-Ne cp6w7 8w9 SP
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Satires of other quadras

Posting this in delta because nothing's happening here, but eveyone feel free to join. Let's make fun of other people's valued functions

I have one about delta Si VS gamma Ni

A Gamma explorer arrives to a far away backwards country, scouting for ressources on the account of the Empire. He meets a delta fisherman at a local deserted market:

"Hello, how much do you sell this fish?"

The fisherman tells: "It's yours for 3 delarian kopeks"

The explorer is appalled: "3? How can you live with this little revenue?!"

"Well I fish in the morning and care for the garden in the afternoon. I don't need money to feed my family, it's only to pay for my son's education."

"But have you ever thought about fishing the whole day?!"

The fisherman asks in amazement: "Why would I do that?"

"Then you have more fish to sell the next day!"

"And then?"

Well, then you could have more money!"

Still: "And then?"

"Well, you could use that money to hire local fishermen to go fishing for you and sell even more fish!"

The fisherman, with raised eyebrows: "And what would I do then, if other people do my job?"

The explorer, feeling frustrated: "You could accumulate the money, create a large business and enjoy your success by relaxing when you're old! It's very hard work but in the end it's gratifying!"

The fisherman thinks for some time, and answers "My life isn't that much hard work and it's still very gratifying! I was actually going to go relax right now, but then you came along with your tall tales and schemes! Why would I wait until i'm old and sick to appreciate my days?"

TIM
    EIE-Fe Sx/So
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does it make me delta if I was rooting for the fisherman and wanted the spaceman to go away?

Ok let me try...

EIE walks into a bar. They are a professor at a university a few towns away from this one. This is a small town, not many people are college-educated, many people in this bar live on hourly wages for jobs that are hard on their bodies.

They just want to relax and have a fun Friday night.

EIE takes a seat at the bar and overhears a conversation between an LSE and an SLI. The conversation started as a discussion about the SLIs new barbecue marinade he tried out last weekend and was thinking of making again and then it turned to the LSE talking about finally replacing his Harley's drivetrain. The EIE feels lost as if they were a foreigner in another country.

The news interrupts the football game that was on the tv in the corner of the bar. It's a story about a shooting that occurred outside of a church.

"Can you believe that?" the EIE says to the LSE and SLI. They stop their conversation and stare at him blankly for a moment. They are wondering why a stranger would randomly talk to them with such familiarity.

"What?" The LSE says.

"Another shooting, what is this world coming to?" The EIE says.

"A lot of nuts out there..." LSE says and turns back to the SLI to continue what they were talking about.

The EIE sees this disinterested reaction and wants to correct it to make them more concerned about this trend the EIE is upset over.

"People are shooting and killing each other in the streets. Is this the type of world you'd want your children growing up in? If we don't all end up getting along and loving each other soon we will reach a civil war, then even more people will have to die before we realize something must be done!" The EIE has lost it, they are a little too provoked by the small flat reaction they are getting.

"You don't know that for sure. It was horrible, but it was just one guy. Everything is going to be okay, lighten up." The SLI says. The LSE and SLI awkwardly get up from their stools and walk to another part of the bar, assuming that the rambling EIE had too much to drink and wanted to continue their conversation in more peaceful surroundings.

The exasperated EIE is even more furious, feeling ignored and humiliated.

Well, I tried my best. It's not exactly great writing but I wrote it on the fly.

TIM
    IEE-Ne cp6w7 8w9 SP
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ImOutThere View Post
    Does it make me delta if I was rooting for the fisherman and wanted the spaceman to go away?
    Well the point of satire isn't to take sides, but to put put a magnifying mirror in front of the biases and vices of the people around us or of ourselves. It's making fun of stereotypes and values of Socionics.

In fact, your story is an exaggeration of the completely unrealistic fatalism of an EIE "Cassandra" and the narrow-mindedness typical of SLI/LSE rednecks in front of human drama and suffering, and their rudeness and suspicion in front of strangers!

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As far as the bar scenario is concerned:

on face value I agree good analogy.

But, LSE are also like driven by this need to seem virtuous and so many times will complain about how the world is going to hell in a hand basket. Its a way of getting some dual validation. Its kind of transparent, and in my view a little pathetic. But, there you have it. Like whenever I see a ST complaining about the state of this world I know which ST I'm dealing with. Its either LSI, or LSE.