Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Changing my type to ESI

TIM
    IEI-Fe So4w5, 461
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A 9w8 also makes more sense for initially identifying with SEI.

However, most ESI who feel 8, in reality, are sexual 6's.
    https://www.typologycentral.com/wiki/index.php/Enneagram_6_The_Loyalist

Sexual/Self-pres

The sexual/self-pres Six is more concerned with strength, beauty and merging. With this stacking, the counterphobic energy is directed more toward individuals than towards ideas and concepts. It’s more about controlling the people closest to them. Paranoia arises when the Six feels abandoned by intimates. In the sexual/self-pres Six, doubt and anxiety is relieved by the knowledge that one’s intimates really are trustworthy. These Sixes are always testing their mates for loyalty. The sexual Six is counterphobic in terms of needing to prove their desirability and strength.
    This type is identified with their respective gender roles for security. They can be competitive and appear Eight-like. Male Sixes are likely to show strength as a form of counterphobia. Female Sixes are likely to emphasize their looks in order to be attractive. Security comes from knowing they are desirable. They can be very possessive of their mates. This can turn to extreme jealousy. On the down side, paranoia about the relationship can set in. The sexual/self-pres Six can appear Three-like, because of their need for validation and competitiveness.
    On the high side, this subtype can be the most fiercely loyal to their friendships and to those loved ones who have gained their trust. The intensity of the sexual instinct brings with it a passion that is unwavering for the love and protection of their loved ones. The nature of the Six to “go towards,” combined with the merging of the sexual instinct, can sometimes create an idealization of others, the ones that have passed the test of the Six. On the down side, the fear of losing the close relationship can cause this subtype to desperately lash out counterphobicaly.
    Sexual/Social

The counterphobic stance of the sexual Six can be seen in competition for attracting the right mate, and in testing to see who is worthy of trust. This is true of both sexual subtypes and especially true of the sexual/social. This type is likely to be found quite commonly among actresses and actors as they tend towards a dramatic presentation. Their need to be identified with their desirability and their strong social instinct, combine to sometimes make them public figures. They are less possessive of their mates, but still feel the need to have control in the relationship. They can have a very focused intensity. They can appear Four-like in their desire to express themselves and give into their passions. They define themselves in accordance with the prevailing gender norms opting to appear masculine or feminine as the case may be. This outward energy is sometimes counterbalanced with inward doubting, which can lead to depression, anger, and acting out, at the lower levels of health.
    Anxiety isn’t as noticeable with the sexual variant of type Six, especially when the self-pres instinct is last. The typical things we associate with anxiety aren’t obvious with this subtype. Their anxiety is focused in the arena of relationships, and since their stance is mostly counterphobic, anxiety is not always obvious, and the Six too might be unaware of its presence. This can be true of all the subtypes of type Six. Their anxiety exists at a core level so that Sixes don’t always know how to gauge its existence. So, even the more visibly anxious subtypes might not be aware of their underlying anxiety. The sexual/social can appear Eight-like, in their defense of their loved ones and social standing.

I am in my head; not society.

Yes, that is who I am, hence the bold am.​ Also, a brain angel. (But Zelda's incarnate too).

My thoughts align with action to succeed what needs…

Dragons:

Babies, click them to make them grow up into Kara’s Dragon Museum

My favorite adult Museum Exhibits

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh shit just realized my bf is alpha NT

Do I just pretend he was gamma NT all along

How do I recover from this

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by one View Post
    @Poptart time to leave the Gamma gang pls turn yourself to a SEI and help me, I'll give you this if you do: https://www.amazon.com/Painting-Bob-.../dp/1633226522
    Its a deal

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Braingel View Post
    You also seem more serious than would expect of an SEI. LIE dualizing with you can be more feasible than ILE. You sort of seem too stern and strict for an ILE, and almost as if you would criticize and ridicule their approach.
    @Braingel As much as I would like to be ESI, deep down I know that I’m SEI. My mom is gamma (ILI) though, and I wonder if that had an influence on my personality.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Poptart View Post
    Oh shit just realized my bf is alpha NT

Do I just pretend he was gamma NT all along

How do I recover from this
    Just enjoy the cruise through superego limbo.

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MissDucki View Post
    .............Fine. But dont come running to me when you are captured by the Alpha Army! You abandoned us and are therefore a heretic now!
    @myresearch don't you dare think about jumping ship next!
    MissDucki grows more armed and aggressive by the day. Other quadrants beware
    “Things always seem fairer when we look back at them, and it is out of that inaccessible tower of the past that Longing leans and beckons.”
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As you guys know, there’s no J/P switch from MBTI to Socionics.

I’m ISFJ in MBTI, and therefore ESI in Socionics.

It makes sense if you think about it because
    - MBTI Si translates to Socionics Se/Te
    - Strong Fi
    - MBTI Ti is really Socionics Ni
    - Weak Ne
    There is no reason to type yourself in mbti at all. Just use Socionics. It's not more difficult than mbti. The only reason people think it's difficult is because you actually have to get your typd right.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    IEI-Fe So4w5, 461
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You probably just are saying for sake, but I think that poptart was doing it as a joke/thought experiment, Tallmo.
    I am in my head; not society.

Yes, that is who I am, hence the bold am.​ Also, a brain angel. (But Zelda's incarnate too).

My thoughts align with action to succeed what needs…

Dragons:

Babies, click them to make them grow up into Kara’s Dragon Museum

My favorite adult Museum Exhibits

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    There is no reason to type yourself in mbti at all. Just use Socionics. It's not more difficult than mbti. The only reason people think it's difficult is because you actually have to get your typd right.
    Idk I think there’s plenty of room to get your type “wrong” in socionics. People frequently disagree on how to type people on here.

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AWellArmedCat View Post
    MissDucki grows more armed and aggressive by the day. Other quadrants beware
    This is war son! I must be taken seriously! You must be ruthless in the art of war.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MissDucki View Post
    This is war son! I must be taken seriously! You must be ruthless in the art of war.
    I see we’re operating under the principle of MAD (Mutually Assured Ducklings), but it seems the other quadras are woefully underequipped! Perhaps we should strike while we have the advantage?

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    I see we’re operating under the principle of MAD (Mutually Assured Ducklings), but it seems the other quadras are woefully underequipped! Perhaps we should strike while we have the advantage?
    Patience! We must strike when the time is right and they least expect it! I ask you to wait a little longer, we can discuss battle in the next Alpha meeting

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Idk I think there’s plenty of room to get your type “wrong” in socionics. People frequently disagree on how to type people on here.

yes, of course people mistype themselves in the beginning. But socionics knows all about how the functions affect relationships and how weak functions manifest. You have many points of reference to consider. There is not much room to imagine a type for yourself when you have to take into account all this information. It can take a long time for some people. But when you have done the work, your type is basically set in stone, because you know the basic phenomenon itself.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes, of course people mistype themselves in the beginning. But socionics knows all about how the functions affect relationships and how weak functions manifest. You have many points of reference to consider. There is not much room to imagine a type for yourself when you have to take into account all this information. It can take a long time for some people. But when you have done the work, your type is basically set in stone, because you know the basic phenomenon itself.
    Knowing the phenomenon or understanding the model doesn’t make a person more objective about their type. People are generally bad at self evaluation. In fact, the more a person studies socionics, the easier it is for them to delude themselves into believing they’re a certain type because now they can justify all sorts of behavior with dichotomies, subtype systems, etc.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Knowing the phenomenon or understanding the model doesn’t make a person more objective about their type. People are generally bad at self evaluation. In fact, the more a person studies socionics, the easier it is for them to delude themselves into believing they’re a certain type because now they can justify all sorts of behavior with dichotomies, subtype systems, etc.
    Then Jung's typology is too difficult for that person. These things exist whether we are aware of them or not.

Knowing the phenomenon or understanding the model doesn’t make a person more objective about their type.
    It can make them more objective. If you are able to double check things that's generally a good thing.

(Jung on Si)

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then Jung's typology is too difficult for that person. These things exist whether we are aware of them or not.

It can make them more objective. If you are able to double check things that's generally a good thing.
    My point is that there’s plenty of room for people to be wrong in socionics. People don’t always see themselves objectively. Even typing “experts” frequently disagree with each other, and all of them can’t be right.

Honestly I think MBTI gets a few things correct that socionics misses, but that’s okay. I understand that this forum is for socionics, not MBTI.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@Braingel As much as I would like to be ESI, deep down I know that I’m SEI. My mom is gamma (ILI) though, and I wonder if that had an influence on my personality.
    Do you have fantasies of taking over the world while having no willpower to move your pinky toe?
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PseudoRandomBSGenerator View Post
    Do you have fantasies of taking over the world while having no willpower to move your pinky toe?
    No

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

No
    Yeah, it can not be too bad.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I think MBTI gets a few things correct that socionics misses
    MBTI is a test based on same dichotomies which Socionics uses.
    If to take a manual to this test - there is more ideas. Among which I doubt exists something _useful_ what was not at Jung. Meanwhile and also there exist mistakes with strong contradiction to Jung as about functions of introverted types.

While Socionics is about a single idea of supplementing/opposing functions. Other is secondary and many is wrong/doubtful in Augustinavichiute's ideas.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Yes that makes sense to be ESI and ISFJ as there is noJ/P switch
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Poptart seems, however, to have a Fe type

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

welcome to the ESI club

Fuck this toxic snake pit Fluffy Princess Unicorn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mr provocateur View Post
    This perfectly describes cats. What does this mean about them?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12