Thread: Wedding Dresses

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Wedding Dresses

Well I think it would be fun to post what we like in wedding dresses! Even if you aren’t getting married anytime soon I think this is fun! I already got my own little Pinterest board for wedding dresses even though that ain’t happening anytime soon lol

im curious what you guys want and like in a wedding dress!

09C8651E-C471-4C0F-B54B-C30C63177AE6.jpeg

This is my all time favourite wedding dress. I would love to wear it when I get eloped one day.

TIM
    SEI 9w1
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I'm not a wedding dress connoisseur but these are some of the ones I like. I even made a pinterest board lol

Chronic "grass is always greener" syndrome

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fatgurl View Post
    So I'm not a wedding dress connoisseur but these are some of the ones I like. I even made a pinterest board lol

They are really beautiful! I never would have pegged you for a lace girl! I can really imagine you wearing these two the most

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ahhh!! I’m already married but I have some regrets about my wedding dress and wedding in general. I had a lot of things I wanted to do, but just went along with what my mom wanted.
    wish I would have made it my own and asserted myself more thinking back. So yeah I will prob be posting wedding dresses here just because I like looking at them and thinking about what I wish I would have done
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kalinoche buenanoche View Post
    might be worth looking into kibbe types and color theory (warm/cool, bright,muted). i like 60s, indian, maybe japanese styles.

this is a kibbe gamine i.e. cropped, structured

kibbe dramatic classic. i think a tiger would complete the 1st picture.

i think i'd prepare 2 outfits and choose the one that i would resonate with the most on d-day
    Those dresses are really cool and unique! I have heard of kibbe and have tried really hard to find my type within the system but it seems I am still struggling with it. Do you have any website or tips to share to maybe help narrow it down more?

Quote Originally Posted by MissDucki View Post
    Do you have any website or tips to share to maybe help narrow it down more?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0tuPOTAqk0

you might want to narrow it down to 2-3 types like the girl in the video. some analysts come up with subtypes, essences etc.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fatgurl View Post

Ooooo these are so pretty

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im curious what you guys want and like in a wedding dress!

09C8651E-C471-4C0F-B54B-C30C63177AE6.jpeg

This is my all time favourite wedding dress. I would love to wear it when I get eloped one day.
    Wow this dress is beautiful!

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those dresses are really cool and unique! I have heard of kibbe and have tried really hard to find my type within the system but it seems I am still struggling with it. Do you have any website or tips to share to maybe help narrow it down more?
    I have tried so many times to find my kibbe type, and I can’t for the life of me figure it out

TIM
    SEI 9w1
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I have spent the whole day reading and watching videos on Kibbe lol It's really difficult to find one specific style...I went from thinking soft natural this morning to soft classic. I'm sure next week I'll think I'm something else
    Chronic "grass is always greener" syndrome

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wish that I could design my own dress lol

TIM
    6w7 sp/sx 639
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

romantic/puffy/forest/mesh/satin/open back....

Last edited by PunkSailor; 08-04-2021 at 01:10 AM. Reason: more pictures
    If they ever tryna neck, I'll put my foot up in your caca
    Call your mama and your papa
    Like I'm finna take your dadda
    Turn that bitch into a soccer ball and rocka, rocka, rocka (brrr)
    Get into it like a suit
    And fuck a stack up like a broker

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Eve's one

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I remember when I was 13 I wanted the wedding dress in this video. The dress is at 1:38 so you don't have to watch the video.

The mind is restless and difficult to restrain, but it is subdued by practice

-Krishna

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Something simple like…

https://www.rosaclara.es/en/rc/laya/

https://palomablanca.com/collection/...ns/style-2386/

I’ve had zero luck in finding wedding dresses like the ones above (simple silhouette with short/cap sleeves) in stores because what’s in style now is tank or off the shoulder sleeves with a deep v neckline, and lots of lace. I’m considering buying more than one dress and frankensteining the pieces together plus customizing the sleeves to get what I want lol.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Always the bridesmaid never the bride.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shazaam View Post
    Always the bridesmaid never the bride.
    You’ll find someone, @Shazaam.

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wedding dresses are like pieces of art to me, even though my wedding is nowhere in sight! I've got a Pinterest board filled with beautiful gowns, and it's my little escape when I need some bridal inspiration. Who knows when the big day will come, but it's so fun to dream about it, right?
    Now, let me tell you about the wedding tuxedo dilemma my partner and I faced. We had no clue where to start! It felt like navigating a maze of styles and colors. But luckily, after some searching, we stumbled upon one store, a treasure trove of wedding tuxedos. I mean, they have such a killer selection! Here's the link, so you can check it out: https://www.gentlemansguru.com/produ...dding-tuxedos/
    Last edited by Raywaytut; 07-31-2023 at 04:11 PM.

Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wanna be married someday but I don't actually want an official wedding because when I got to watch a wedding it took hours with all the picture-taking after and super formal events weird me out a lot so I tend to avoid them. But if I really have to I want to wear a loose, plain, long-sleeved a-line/barbiedoll dress just above the knee. Just something I can wear again. My jewelry will carry the outfit. I'll have my hair down. The vibe is I should look fun and ready to eat and move around.

Additionally my wedding cake should be dark red and very romantic or at least the inside should be, just like my nails would be that day.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by one View Post
    I wanna be married someday but I don't actually want an official wedding
    To be married means "official wedding".
    The obligate part includes only to hear "what happens" and then to sign "agree".

> The vibe is I should look fun and ready to eat and move around.

A wedding joins with other human. It's supposed to be responsible, not just a fun.

Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    To be married means "official wedding".
    The obligate part includes only to hear "what happens" and then to sign "agree".
    I just want to sign the papers, but the "proper" thing here is to be done in church. That's what people think here as "official". Civil ceremony is not socially considered as official and many people would automatically think that you are just preparing for the church one.

> The vibe is I should look fun and ready to eat and move around.

A wedding joins with other human. It's supposed to be responsible, not just a fun.
    That's what I'm trying to avoid Sol lol that it would look too serious.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I just want to sign the papers, but the "proper" thing here is to be done in church.
    Religious ritual should not be obligate for official marriage today.

> That's what people think here as "official".

The only important is laws and a paper. People may think anything, as 30% of them think that Sun rounds near Earth.
    Those which are adequate will think you as married after geting the paper. Almost all of them will not even know was there religious part or not.

> That's what I'm trying to avoid Sol lol that it would look too serious.

If you'll love - you'll want be officially registered as a pair.
    Leave churches to serious believers in some Jesus born from a bird. And in other fairytales. That New Testament discribed no marriage rituals to suppose them as even important, - just another way to get money.

Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    Religious ritual should not be obligate for official marriage today.

> That's what people think here as "official".

The only important is laws and a paper. People may think anything, as 30% of them think that Sun rounds near Earth.
    Those which are adequate will think you as married after geting the paper. Almost all of them will not even know was there religious part or not.

> That's what I'm trying to avoid Sol lol that it would look too serious.

If you'll love - you'll want be officially registered as a pair.
    Leave churches to serious believers in some Jesus born from a bird. And in other fairytales. That New Testament discribed no marriage rituals to suppose them as even important, - just another way to get money.
    That is so true

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wanna be married someday but I don't actually want an official wedding because when I got to watch a wedding it took hours with all the picture-taking after and super formal events weird me out a lot so I tend to avoid them. But if I really have to I want to wear a loose, plain, long-sleeved a-line/barbiedoll dress just above the knee. Just something I can wear again. My jewelry will carry the outfit. I'll have my hair down. The vibe is I should look fun and ready to eat and move around.

Additionally my wedding cake should be dark red and very romantic or at least the inside should be, just like my nails would be that day.
    Yeah, I've never gotten the point of weddings. The ceremony is so disconnected from anything modern people relate to. It's just a ceremony for the sake of a ceremony. All of it seems unpleasant and most people will just be waiting for the party. Just skip to the party, IMO.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get that. But I feel like weddings can be special and magical if you really want to celebrate a special moment in your life. It indicates a change in your life, and several changes down the road. I honestly really only like the celebration aspects and planning the details. But I feel like a job as a wedding planner would be stressful with the emotional aspects... so I could understand why a simpler union would be best for some people.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    The ceremony is so disconnected from anything modern people relate to.
    I saw a ceremony of western christians in movies. There is useful part in reminding to people about what love is, about ways to be a good pair - so then they understood better what they do. That good pair needs to be good friends. They give a vow to care about each other. To be sexually monogamus, what helps with supporting friendship, to rise own kids as you'd prefer, reduces diseases risks. Up to this is nice, but can be gotten by simpler ways.
    Mystic and laws part is other thing. Laws do not need church ceremony, and hence the same is for general social activity. The ceremony has significant sense for members of church community (there are many of them still, especially in small rural settlements). If you visit church club regularly, then its rituals may help with social connections inside and mb give something from esoterical side (as you believe in it and people there do this).

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maybe a softer color/shade but I like the designs

im obsessed with these chotronette dresses

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

another pretty dress

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think black silk dresses really have something extra, especially those with a gothic/emo 2000s vibe. If I ever get married, I'm sure I'll make a comeback in church with this kind of garment.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your wedding vision sounds wonderfully unique and personal, @jimi$dope! It's great that you have a clear idea of what you want, focusing on comfort and reusability in your dress and letting your jewelry shine. The idea of a dark red wedding cake with a romantic twist is intriguing, and it adds a bold touch to your special day.If you ever decide to capture these memorable moments, consider a Wedding Videographer to document your intimate and non-traditional celebration. They can create a video that reflects the essence of your wedding day beautifully. You can explore options like the-wedding-videographer.co.uk for their expert videography services.
    Last edited by MylesVaughn; 12-28-2023 at 01:48 PM.

Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why me out of all people