Thread: Type 6 and Type 8 Relationship

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Type 6 and Type 8 Relationship

Type 8's are probably one of my favored type for romantic relationship beside 3's. I understand type 3's very well but the 8's can be a mystery to me at times and I was wondering how to possibly navigate relationships with type 8 easier and gain their trust. Type 8's tend to end up with either type 2's or 6's for long term partners. Type 2 and 8 relationship I have often been discussed but not 8 and 6.

I know 8 and 6 can be rocky for the first little bit but when trust is gained, I hear it is one of the most solid relationships ever. Just want other thoughts on this kind of pairing too.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I’m a 2 and I get on quite well with the intense 1 and 8s
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Fuck this toxic snake pit Fluffy Princess Unicorn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Assuming I'm typed correctly finally, which is possible, since Enneagram does a horrible job at covering counterphobic 6's...I have a love/hate thing with 8s. A lot of shared values, but sometimes butt heads over "RESPECT MUH AUTONOMY" issues.

Funny enough, 8s usually actually like that, as they respect those who share their values of standing up for themselves/their independence, and they like those who challenge them.

It can make for some pretty intense sexual tension if you're both into power dynamics in bed. I have a feeling I'm not the only counterphobic 6 who is a "bratty sub"...outside of the bedroom, though, good luck with that sub part.
    Last edited by Fluffy Princess Unicorn; 01-25-2022 at 06:34 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For me, 6s anxiety can be attractive in some people and incredibly annoying in others. For the most part, I like their company. I think 6s may like 8s because they are in their head worrying over some problem, 8s don't like to think and ruminate and they want to shake them out of this state and bring 6s to action.

I knew a 6 who was up for a promotion to a new position. They had a hard time seeing themselves in the role, suffered from imposter syndrome badly. An 8 would be stupid enough to take a leadership role just because. 8s don't always make the best leaders, but they usually end up being the leader for this reason.

Fuck this toxic snake pit Fluffy Princess Unicorn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of my best friends is a a lot like 6. There's not much to say about it, it's kind of just a natural friendship.

The answer to your question probably comes down to shared values more than Enneagram. 8s value being straightforward, direct, a bit ballsy, suspicious of subtlety or beating around the bush. My 6-ish friend is a bit like that, but it partly comes from her culture. The Dutch are that way.

There's a limit. I usually butt heads with other 8's because we go head to head. IRL and on here both, but the self-typed ones in the typology community are usually just half-witted egotistical try-hards that act more like they have some sort of machiavellian-related disorder (one of the Cluster B's) and less like actual 8's (they show none of the strengths of 8's, are not triggered by injustices, don't have a thing for innocence, etc). There are a few exceptions.

Typology aside, the key in just about any relationship compatibility matter is having enough in common to relate with each other, but enough differences to compliment each other and spice things up a bit.
    Last edited by Fluffy Princess Unicorn; 04-01-2023 at 12:15 AM.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

8s most of the time are bad friends, because they kind of act like bullies.

6s most of the time came from trauma, and need a monster friend.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.