Thread: Type 6 and Type 8 Relationship

Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Type 6 and Type 8 Relationship

Type 8's are probably one of my favored type for romantic relationship beside 3's. I understand type 3's very well but the 8's can be a mystery to me at times and I was wondering how to possibly navigate relationships with type 8 easier and gain their trust. Type 8's tend to end up with either type 2's or 6's for long term partners. Type 2 and 8 relationship I have often been discussed but not 8 and 6.

I know 8 and 6 can be rocky for the first little bit but when trust is gained, I hear it is one of the most solid relationships ever. Just want other thoughts on this kind of pairing too.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I’m a 2 and I get on quite well with the intense 1 and 8s
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 2w1sw(1w9) helps others to live up to their own standards of what a good person is and is very behind the scenes in the process.
    Tritype 1-2-6 stacking sp/sx

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    C-ESI-3Se
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Assuming I'm typed correctly finally, which is possible, since Enneagram does a horrible job at covering counterphobic 6's...I have a love/hate thing with 8s. A lot of shared values, but sometimes butt heads over "RESPECT MUH AUTONOMY" issues.

Funny enough, 8s usually actually like that, as they respect those who share their values of standing up for themselves/their independence, and they like those who challenge them.

It can make for some pretty intense sexual tension if you're both into power dynamics in bed. I have a feeling I'm not the only counterphobic 6 who is a "bratty sub"...outside of the bedroom, though, good luck with that sub part.
    Last edited by Lady Lunacy; 01-25-2022 at 07:34 PM.
    Showing only bits and pieces
    'Till the light betrays you and your empty elocution
    Searching your eyes for a hint or a trace of humility
    Searching your eyes for the saint is an act of futility

You're deceived by inner demons that were fed by your own hand
    Shaded veils hide your perception, shooting nails into the heart
    Still deceived by inner demons that were fed by your own hand
    Shaded veils hide your perception, shooting nails into your head

The blood that runs within my veins
    Keeps me from ever ending up the same
    The fire that's pushing me on and on and on
    To me it's everything and it makes me fucking strong