View Poll Results: What systems / methods do you use to distinguish two identicals?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Enneagram and Instinctual Variant

1 25.00%
  • Inert / Contact Subtype

0 0%
  • DCNH Subtype

2 50.00%
  • Other

1 25.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: What systems / methods do you use to distinguish two identicals?

Hybrid View

TIM
    SLE-C 8w7 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What systems / methods do you use to distinguish two identicals?

Which is it?

If you choose "other," explain in comments.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everything listed above, enhanced IEs and other typological and psychological categorizations.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't feel the need to classify every last aspect of a person. But, some categories I use to understand people are gender, culture, social extroversion, etc. The subtypes you mentioned seem like a vague heuristic but not very helpful for understanding people (as opposed to merely classifying them). Enneagram has some potential but it seems to need a lot more tweaking than socionics.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Generally, no "systems".
    There is _a lot_ of different traits by which people differ, besides Jung types. Those ones which you've listed are rather hypothetical and have no good basis to use seriously.

When I notice too unusual behavior for a assured type, I think about possibility of other factors which may change it. For example, psyche disorders and meds may do, as ADHD may shift some behavior to P side.
    Enneagram can be interesting. For example, 9 types are dreamy and may exist at S types, what shifts some of their behavior to more common for N types and mb I types too. But it's only a part of Enneagram theory, while I'm skeptical about it in other parts still.

"Subtypes" hypotheses at near-Socionics texts are useless and baseless fantasies of random people. There are no subtypes in Socionics, at all.
    The only reasonable what relates to inner-types differences is different degree of functions' balance. But that balance is doubtful to be stable, there is no accurate enough methods to measure it and there is no theory for significant usefulness in that.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use dcnh but even when main type and dcnh is the same people can be quite different. Typology can't grasp all differences although it can grasp alot.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

I'm not hungry mommy bear BrainlessSquid's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't
    Sometimes you don't have motivation because you lack purpose.
    Sometimes you don't have purpose, because you lack self-knowledge
    Sometimes you don't have self-knowledge because you lack love
    Sometimes you don't have love because you lack self-love
    Sometimes you don't have self-love because you lack guess what? Ask Gulenko!!