Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ti movies and tv shows

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Ti movies and tv shows

You can post Ti movies and tv shows in this thread.

El Hoyo / The Platform:

The Game:

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Game was the favorite movie of my ESE cousin

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Northstar View Post
    The Game was the favorite movie of my ESE cousin
    It is also one of my favorites, it is an old movie but I haven't seen another movie with the same kind of quality.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by myresearch View Post
    You can post Ti movies and tv shows in this thread.
    If you have seen it, I am curious about what you think of this scene, this movie - whether it demonstrates elaborate Ti?

It may just be that I have trouble understanding simple logical rules and reversing them.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thistle View Post
    If you have seen it, I am curious about what you think of this scene, this movie - whether it demonstrates elaborate Ti?

It may just be that I have trouble understanding simple logical rules and reversing them.
    I haven't seen this one, thanks for sharing, I added to my list, seems like a good one.

I think that scene demonstrates Ti and maybe some Ni and Ne. After I watch the whole thing, I can give a more solid answer.

Some aspects of IEs overlaps with each other. That's why, I started to make these threads, other people's perceptions of IEs makes it easier for me to understand to independent core aspects of that particular IE.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't seen this one, thanks for sharing, I added to my list, seems like a good one.

I think that scene demonstrates Ti and maybe some Ni and Ne. After I watch the whole thing, I can give a more solid answer.

I will be very interested to hear what you think of it.

Some aspects of IEs overlaps with each other. That's why, I started to make these threads, other people's perceptions of IEs makes it easier for me to understand to independent core aspects of that particular IE.
    Yes, I'm realising the overlap too. That when Ti is strong so is Te, and emphasis is due to which is valued.

In the movie Tenet, what I saw was that personal ties moved the story along but the logical de/re-construction was the most important, nuanced part.
    I thought that could indicate introverted logic and potentiality were valued over introverted feeling (Fi in this case would be truly understanding a character's background, their core drive and motives)

The type of the director could play a part. I have no idea what that is but I admire that he has a signature style, vision.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unsure how Ti I could be since I have yet to successfully post a video. But some Ti shows off the top of my head:

Poirot
    Law and Order: Criminal Intent
    Luther

Films seem much trickier
    Last edited by skosh; 08-01-2021 at 05:34 AM. Reason: needling speelling eerror

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

?

?

both of these have ethics that reach the hyper logical world or protag

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by inumbra View Post
    both of these have ethics that reach the hyper logical world or protag
    Both are one of my favs.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

languages teaching - much Ti related as about rules

host is LSI. a man in center there is LSI too

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really want to say Midsommar is Ti, due to the internal consistency of the plot, isolation of the village, interchangeability of people who assume each character, and just the sheer indifference to any contrary scenario. But it may actually be more Ni.

Banned
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Matrix

Fight Club

SAW

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These could be Ti or Ne, if you think they are mainly about Ne or any other IE, let me know:

Last edited by myresearch; 08-02-2021 at 02:12 PM.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These could be Ti or Ne, if you think they are mainly about Ne or any other IE, let me know:

I watched The Wave last night. When sectarianism goes very wrong, this in movies seems like Ti taken to an extreme.

Maybe there is some Fe pressure to go along with the scheme and display respect, along with Fi responsibility to fellow members and the group's interests.

TIM
    SLI 5w6
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ghost in the Shell

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thistle View Post
    I watched The Wave last night. When sectarianism goes very wrong, this in movies seems like Ti taken to an extreme.

Maybe there is some Fe pressure to go along with the scheme and display respect, along with Fi responsibility to fellow members and the group's interests.
    Thanks for your response! Experimentation is something I am drawn to and related to something core on my psyche. I haven't see any post related to this and I wasn't sure which IE is responsible for that, so this is appreciated a lot. I ofcourse don't use psychopathic way though, I thought it was related to Ne but lately I started to think it may be due to Ti. I can give examples later on another thread and see what people think.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for your response! Experimentation is something I am drawn to and related to something core on my psyche. I haven't see any post related to this and I wasn't sure which IE is responsible for that, so this is appreciated a lot. I ofcourse don't use psychopathic way though, I thought it was related to Ne but lately I started to think it may be due to Ti. I can give examples later on another thread and see what people think.
    It could be your Ne paired with Ti that devises an experiment. Ne perceives potential energy of objects, their future developments.

That's the "predicting" aspect of Ne, which gathers evidence only from what exists. Ne recognises the shared essences of subjects, and the essences are what help with the predictions - do you experience that/does that sound right?

If I have understood correctly, Ne unlike Ni holds multiple likely results in mind at one time; all are feasible or of equal standing.

At that point you might ask the 16 types: "Do you always think?"
    There may be one result in your mind such as... logical introverts always do think.
    The result of your experiments form the Ti rules which can become more compartmentalised as you require them.

At its beginning stage there may only be observations. If you think of a social experiment like The Wave, momentum and adherence to rules comes from ethical coercion and not only force.

If you hadn't mentioned it I would not have thought of Ne's part in that movie Perhaps it is more noticeable to you as your strong point.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Squid Game

The concept is Ti but main character is Te polr though

TIM
    SEI 9w1
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Squid Game

The concept is Ti but main character is Te polr though
    Is it good?
    Chronic "grass is always greener" syndrome

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fatgurl View Post
    Is it good?
    I haven't finished it. I have watched tones of movies with similar concept. Movies were more on games more, they were more action oriented. I just wanted to rush some parts when I was watching this and get into game parts in the beginning.

It is rated 8.3/10 on imdb. I might be biased since I am a sucker for this concept, but I find it pretty good so far.

If you are interested, there was youtube series based on same concept:

Then its director made movie on same concept:

TIM
    SEI 9w1
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't finished it. I have watched tones of movies with similar concept. Movies were more on games more, they were more action oriented. I just wanted to rush some parts when I was watching this and get into game parts in the beginning.

It is rated 8.3/10 on imdb. I might be biased since I am a sucker for this concept, but I find it pretty good so far.

If you are interested, there was youtube series based on same concept:

I like movies centered around games too. I loved Circle so this one should interest me
    Chronic "grass is always greener" syndrome

TIM
    Juke Skywalker
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You like that sadistic stuff eh!

They were really thinking of "Cube", when they came up with Circle huh?!... I saw that years ago, and don't wanna see it it again lol..... that was a pretty depressing ending :/

TIM
    Juke Skywalker
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rtht View Post

They were really thinking of "Cube", when they came up with Circle huh?!... I saw that years ago, and don't wanna see it it again lol..... that was a pretty depressing ending :/
    Ah I just looked up and saw Cube as well .... and the Game .... I saw that once, I might watch that again actually....

TIM
    Juke Skywalker
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is nothing

I like to figure out what is going on, solve it, find ways to beat it. I think when people are under some conditions, their behavior starts to change from what they are used to. Most people are prone to do the things that they think they never do. However, I think we all do it but not to that extend, we are generally not aware of it that much since it is not that obvious. This concept shows some aspects of human nature, that is not so apparent to all at first glace imo.

I thought vault(youtube series, their first product) was very similar to cube, they were in a cube so it cannot get more similar to that Circle is like cube also but it is a circle

TIM
    Juke Skywalker
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is nothing

I like to figure out what is going on, solve it, find ways to beat it. I think when people are under some conditions, their behavior starts to change from what they are used to. Most people are prone to do the things that they think they never do. However, I think we all do it but not to that extend, we are generally not aware of it that much since it is not that obvious. This concept shows some aspects of human nature, that is not so apparent to all at first glace imo.

I thought vault(youtube series, their first product) was very similar to cube, they were in a cube so it cannot get more similar to that Circle is like cube also but it is a circle
    Yeah it is interesting from the psychological POV.....As long as you're not watching it to get ideas

You've seen Prison Break right? I think I saw you post a clip of that.... you'll definitely enjoy that if you haven't seen it all.... I watched every series even though a lot of ppl gave up after one or two series.... It was still enjoyable to me.....

Here's another trapped in a Maze film.....Definitely worth a watch....it's a more kid friendly version

Banned
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't seen many of these shows, but the only connection I see between them all is that they involve a game of some kind. What makes a show more Ti than another?
    Last edited by hardR; 09-30-2021 at 07:52 PM. Reason: bad choice of word

TIM
    Juke Skywalker
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bluto View Post
    I haven't seen many of these shows, but the only connection I see between them all is that they involve a game of some kind. What makes a show more Ti than another?
    It's all based on rules and structure..... most of @myresearch 's stuff are games based around that.... you could potentially say that it's creative with TI .... I posted one where you could say that it's TI dom, (divergent) because it's basically like typology, and ppl are split in groups when they are young, based on how their brain works....

Banned
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's all based on rules and structure..... most of @myresearch 's stuff are games based around that.... you could potentially say that it's creative with TI .... I posted one where you could say that it's TI dom, (divergent) because it's basically like typology, and ppl are split in groups when they are young, based on how their brain works....

So rules, structure, and people being put in groups are the qualifiers? If so almost every Military movie is Ti then.

Apocalypse Now
    Jarhead
    Black Hawk Down

TIM
    Juke Skywalker
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bluto View Post
    So rules, structure, and people being put in groups are the qualifiers? If so almost every Military movie is Ti then.

Apocalypse Now
    Jarhead
    Black Hawk Down
    I don't know what ppl say about the military, but it seems pretty Beta ST..... like you say rules and structure.... but with a focus on action.... it's also very aristocratic, based on rank

Aristocrats and Democrats in Socionics (socioniks.net)

TIM
    Juke Skywalker
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

X-files.There is ILE LSI dynamics at play. Also lots of peculiar intuition
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Ding dong your opinion is wrong Teslobo's Avatar
    TIM
    LSI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Surprised there's no mention of Dredd yet, literally the superhero with rules and protocol as a superpower.

Banned
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know what ppl say about the military, but it seems pretty Beta ST..... like you say rules and structure.... but with a focus on action.... it's also very aristocratic, based on rank

Aristocrats and Democrats in Socionics (socioniks.net)

This was an interesting read, thanks.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alice in Borderland:

@fatgurl I strongly recommend this, it is more based on games and solving things, my Ti is pleased

This was more Ti than Squid Game %100.

TIM
    Juke Skywalker
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alice in Borderland:
    That actually looks pretty cool.... It didn't look like ppl were gonna get decapitated all over the place......I might give that a watch

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That actually looks pretty cool.... It didn't look like ppl were gonna get decapitated all over the place......I might give that a watch
    People get decapitated But it is fun and juicy I can promise that

TIM
    Juke Skywalker
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People get decapitated But it is fun and juicy I can promise that
    Haha, yeah they were trying to lure more ppl in with the trailer eh! I don't mind it in an actiony/fun type of way.... it's when it's depressing that I don't like it... so I'm sure I'd be good with this one, going by the vibes of the trailer

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This can be Ne or Ni also, not sure if it is mainly Ti.

Sliver:

I think this is Ti point of view of Fe, if this is Fe, someone has to say why so until they do so, I will keep claiming everything as Ti *evil laugh*

Cruel Intentions:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast