Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: LIEs (but not only), what do you dislike about SEIs?

  1. #1
    Active reader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    TIM
    LIE, 8w9
    Posts
    14
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default LIEs (but not only), what do you dislike about SEIs?

    LIEs (but not only), what do you dislike about SEIs?

  2. #2
    Moderator myresearch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    TIM
    LSI
    Posts
    1,329
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Some LIEs don't like that SEI gets along with everyone. SEI has 4DFi+, while ESI has 4D Fi-.

    When ESI doesn't like you, you know it for sure. Whole world may know it.

    If SEI doesn't like you may know it or you may not. The possibility of that suspension is something LIEs can't handle.

    LIEs think that SEIs are being fake or imposing or provoking emotions in them due to their creative Fe. Their dual has Fe ignoring so it doesnt match with their expected approach.

  3. #3
    Active reader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    TIM
    LIE, 8w9
    Posts
    14
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by myresearch View Post
    LIEs think that SEIs are being fake or imposing or provoking emotions in them due to their creative Fe. Their dual has Fe ignoring so it doesnt match with thier expected approach.
    It sounds interesting. Any example coming to your mind?

  4. #4
    Moderator myresearch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    TIM
    LSI
    Posts
    1,329
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Active reader View Post
    It sounds interesting. Any example coming to your mind?
    Yes. Unfortunately, I don't know how I can illustrate it, I don't remember the exact words SEI was using.

    When SEI was teasing and just being playful, LIE was ok with that in that moment. However, later on these kind of things make them think SEIs are not serious about the things that they say, hence they are being fake.

  5. #5
    The Evening and the Morning Star Eudaimonia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    𒆳
    TIM
    Ethical Intuitive
    Posts
    2,404
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    @myresearch Summed it up perfectly.

    To think of it another way LIEs are looking for the exact kind of behavior that ILEs will hate, that is, the ESI will make Fi valuations. These will often be negative. I know an ESI that rarely complements anyone, most evaluations of people are negative. The LIE likes these evaluations even if they are directed at themselves because they seek to know where they stand. Their Fi is weak and they don't know who to trust. They will be relived when they find an interested ESI who will willingly and freely make these evaluations for them.

  6. #6
    Active reader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    TIM
    LIE, 8w9
    Posts
    14
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    @myresearch @ImOutThere

    So basically LIE could get along with SEI since SEI gets along with everyone. But at some point, LIE would be like "hey, they kicked your ass" and SEI would be like "yeah, fate", which would frustrate LIE.

    So irrationality of SEI would, at least in LIE's eyes", come to light when SEI has a disagreement with someone, but then they hang out with the person anyway?

    Do I get it right?

  7. #7
    Moderator myresearch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    TIM
    LSI
    Posts
    1,329
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Active reader View Post
    @myresearch @ImOutThere

    So basically LIE could get along with SEI since SEI gets along with everyone. But at some point, LIE would be like "hey, they kicked your ass" and SEI would be like "yeah, fate", which would frustrate LIE.
    Disagreements don't happen because SEI got his/her ass kicked. LIE cannot be sure about where s/he stands in the eyes of SEI. LIE can't gauge whether they are close or not, hence LIE feels deceived about their relationship(Fi).

    Since SEIs have what they want, but they don't seem to give it in a right way.

    The strength of SEI's Fi is so much in a way that LIE can't gauge so it can rub the LIE in a wrong way.

    Quote Originally Posted by Active reader View Post
    So irrationality of SEI would, at least in LIE's eyes", come to light when SEI has a disagreement with someone, but then they hang out with the person anyway?
    This may happen or not, LIE can get suspicious either way. Because after some time, LIE will see that SEI generally don't have a solid negative stand to things and other people as much as LIE's dual, ESI.

  8. #8
    Adam Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Posts
    13,050
    Mentioned
    1301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    I've worked with an SEI-Fe for eight years and there's nothing I don't like about her. She's a wonderful person.

    I'm very careful to not interact with her more than is absolutely necessary, but within that very limited space, I get along with her very well. I like, respect, and admire her. I just don't try to know anything about her life.

    Once, when we were at a Christmas party and she was slightly drunk, she started talking to me and I could see that underneath that great exterior was a person who was completely alien to me. Fortunately, her ESE husband was there to whisk her away. But even drunk, she was both fun and nice.

    FWIW, before I started treating her like I was radioactive, I told her a joke, and she came up to me later that day and asked me to not tell her any more jokes. So, I think our mutual appreciation goes both ways.

  9. #9
    The Darling Duck~ MissDucki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Location
    In a dark room somewhere
    TIM
    SEI-Fe
    Posts
    1,565
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Some LIE's don't like that I keep some LIE's frozen and chopped up in my freezer and used for later to make pie. But I can understand this dislike in regards to that (Dont worry @Adam Strange, you are safe )

    Most conflictors aren't made to get along so there will be some natural dislike or misunderstanding for most. I have liked most LIE personally though I dont often understand them. I have to work extra hard but that's okay. The ones that don't seem to like me find me really weird, wishy washy, sneaky, or just too friendly with everyone and that I am not dying on my mole hills. But hey, cest la vie~

  10. #10
    Adam Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Posts
    13,050
    Mentioned
    1301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MissDucki View Post
    Some LIE's don't like that I keep some LIE's frozen and chopped up in my freezer and used for later to make pie. But I can understand this dislike in regards to that (Dont worry @Adam Strange, you are safe )

    Most conflictors aren't made to get along so there will be some natural dislike or misunderstanding for most. I have liked most LIE personally though I dont often understand them. I have to work extra hard but that's okay. The ones that don't seem to like me find me really weird, wishy washy, sneaky, or just too friendly with everyone and that I am not dying on my mole hills. But hey, cest la vie~

    MissDucki, your campaign to turn LIEs into pie filling has my endorsement. It means less competition.

    I have seen an LIE be totally stumped by an SEI and subsequently not want to have anything to do with him, which was tough on the SEI because the LIE was his PhD advisor (he got a different advisor), but the type that I see most LIEs having problems with is IEI.

    I have no problems with either type, but most LIEs are not interested in psychological theories which would make them more "touchy-feely". And incidentally, more effective, but they don't know that.

  11. #11
    The Evening and the Morning Star Eudaimonia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    𒆳
    TIM
    Ethical Intuitive
    Posts
    2,404
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    FWIW, before I started treating her like I was radioactive, I told her a joke, and she came up to me later that day and asked me to not tell her any more jokes. So, I think our mutual appreciation goes both ways.
    What was the joke?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •