Thread: Fe creatives & lying

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stray Cat View Post
    For reference, this Fe-creative says she dislikes this old lady, then chats her up like some sorta bff otherwise
    This isn't strange to me at all. I very often chat up people I dislike more than those I like in an effort to try and put myself above the conflict. The conflict is likely just temporary, so I do my best to steer things more towards good relations. I don't see how doing this is weird at all. They're just a person I don't get along with yet
    “Things always seem fairer when we look back at them, and it is out of that inaccessible tower of the past that Longing leans and beckons.”
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PinKDiGiT18 View Post
    My SEI-Si pal did and still does this on the rare occasion we talk...

I'm convinced Fe creative is more scared of true conflict than any other type. Type 9 has an association with 4D Fi/3D Fe generally, which makes this an even greater fear. Te PoLR makes xEIs less inclined to state things bluntly off the bat. The kind of straightforward language and dialogue that Te+Fi uses, for example, disarms them, and so they often focus on adapting the tone of their Fe to the conversation, even if this means modifying the delivery of their true thoughts if the pressure to do so is present.
    That makes a lot of sense. I've always gone back and forth over whether my enneagram was 4 or 9
    “Things always seem fairer when we look back at them, and it is out of that inaccessible tower of the past that Longing leans and beckons.”
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Northstar View Post
    Fe creatives ”lie” or twist the truth, but that’s not a problem for Ti creatives because we do it too and never take anyone at face value. There’s always an agenda and it’s fine as long as you know what it is. Also even if IEI don’t want to say anything straight out and will endlessly hint and circle around you know how to read between the lines and set traps for them so that they reveal the truth inadvertently. It can be a fun game, as is confusing the Fe creatives by unexpected statements that might or might not be true. Their confusion is highly amusing. Also I think they enjoy their duals (that have good intentions) having the upper hand because it implies they won’t be fooled by others and will be able to protect the Fe creative.
    Nah. That sounds enabling crock horse shit. Fuck ssying "we" as if every Ti-creative does it. Just cause you overrate duality doesn't mean an IEI can behave like a retard & its cool. Then again, maybe with you it is

You are entitled to your opinion, even if its a bad one where you're saying adults purposely manipulating each other is fine.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Honesty, as any character trait, isn't type related.

OP, you probably had some bad experiences with dishonest Fe creatives. It can happen with any type, but so can meeting honest people of those types.

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nah. That sounds enabling crock horse shit. Fuck ssying "we" as if every Ti-creative does it. Just cause you overrate duality doesn't mean an IEI can behave like a retard & its cool. Then again, maybe with you it is

You are entitled to your opinion, even if its a bad one where you're saying adults purposely manipulating each other is fine.
    Well dude, what can I say, if you don't like common Fe behaviors, think it's enabling them and you also think you "self supply" your Ni DS. What do you like about your supposed duals actually?
    Everyone manipulates but it's the type of manipulation that you don't like that is type related. I don't like Fi creatives manipulating me by using our "fi bond" to make me do things for them or feel like a bad person if I don't. I don't mind Fe creatives being sweet and indirect, I can see and cut through the bs if needed but I don't typically mind demure sweetness as a F manipulation.
    Let's see now, so far you've said you think Fe creatives lie and Ni doms are delusional, you run away from dates to "chill with your cats" instead, you don't like "overindulging" in Ti, you think online typing is dumb and impossible and refuse to provide a video of yourself because you don't have to "prove" anything, also you're thinking of conserving your energy and not "wasting" it on IEI that "use people". Most of these sound like introversion (IP types are very protective of their energy), maybe you should seriously consider SLI? There seems to be a disconnect between how types usually work and your opinions about them.

TIM
    IEI-Fe So4w5, 461
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also am wondering how much age can have in this.. Of course grown adults, like my mother who is nearing 50, can also be unhealthy (an ESE So2 who engages this behavior notoriously as already said). But I think older healthy Fe's will have more a grip on this.

I also really would like emphasize enneagram importance on this. As said already by me, a 4 thrives be very authentic. I see how it would be counter to my true nature to do such thing and try veer away from such behaviors whenver can, though it may be unavoidable if I really am triggered at the time, given my emotional state, but again, I never will act like they are "my best friend"; I will be neutral... If they are suddenly changed and are nice at time, I may be cordial, but that is unlikely.

I really think enneagram type 6's and the 3 and 2 are most prone to this behavior, especially social variances of such. 2 has hard time with boundaries and just wants express itself, but not unlike four, caring about authenticity. 3 just cares about advancing if unhealthy and also can be poor with boundary, especially a 3w2 over 3w4. And 6 as already explained, may feel pressured by community.

I know an IEI 5w6 that is older than I, who one time took offense to an IEE-Fi doing this behavior to him, and he publicly confronted her on my server about it. She shit talked him on one of my servers, and I defended his name and told people they should invite him, to which then that was when she shit talked him.

4 and 5 are some of the most authentic types. 4, 5 and 8 being the most such. 4 and 5 both are withdrawn. We do not really want to express as much, that is bold... Other than in four, our bold emotions.

I think enneagram is a bigger indicator for this behavior, especially if it is a type prone to such that is unhealthy/disintegrated. Enneagram being more a matter of behavior than how one attains information (as well as their core motives, for enneagram).
    I am in my head; not society.

Yes, that is who I am, hence the bold am.​ Also, a brain angel. (But Zelda's incarnate too).

My thoughts align with action to succeed what needs…

Dragons:

Babies, click them to make them grow up into Kara’s Dragon Museum

My favorite adult Museum Exhibits

TIM
    INFp / VEFL
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are different levels to not liking someone just like there are different levels to liking someone.

Also sometimes even though you dislike someone you still don't want to hurt their feelings or depending on the setting you might just not want to ruin the mood of the group. For exemple, if there is someone that I dislike at work or in a large group of friends it will take a lot for me to actually confront them. That's because confronting them might cause even more issues and make me feel even worse than how they are making me feel in the moment.

TIM
    IEI-Fe So4w5, 461
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Braingel View Post
    I also am wondering how much age can have in this.. Of course grown adults, like my mother who is nearing 50, can also be unhealthy (an ESE So2 who engages this behavior notoriously as already said). But I think older healthy Fe's will have more a grip on this.

I also really would like emphasize enneagram importance on this. As said already by me, a 4 thrives be very authentic. I see how it would be counter to my true nature to do such thing and try veer away from such behaviors whenver can, though it may be unavoidable if I really am triggered at the time, given my emotional state, but again, I never will act like they are "my best friend"; I will be neutral... If they are suddenly changed and are nice at time, I may be cordial, but that is unlikely.

He is an Sp/Sx or Sx/Sp 5w6 and is Ni subtype...

I think an IEI 2w3, or 6 core that is Fe sub and a social instinct, is the most probably kind of IEI who would shit talk and then act all buddy-buddy, the two-faced behavior.
    I really think enneagram type 6's and the 3 and 2 are most prone to this behavior, especially social variances of such. 2 has hard time with boundaries and just wants express itself, but not unlike four, caring about authenticity. 3 just cares about advancing if unhealthy and also can be poor with boundary, especially a 3w2 over 3w4. And 6 as already explained, may feel pressured by community.

I know an IEI 5w6 that is older than I, who one time took offense to an IEE-Fi doing this behavior to him, and he publicly confronted her on my server about it. She shit talked him on one of my servers, and I defended his name and told people they should invite him, to which then that was when she shit talked him.

4 and 5 are some of the most authentic types. 4, 5 and 8 being the most such. 4 and 5 both are withdrawn. We do not really want to express as much, that is bold... Other than in four, our bold emotions.

I think enneagram is a bigger indicator for this behavior, especially if it is a type prone to such that is unhealthy/disintegrated. Enneagram being more a matter of behavior than how one attains information (as well as their core motives, for enneagram).
    This IEI that is older than I unlike my own self, is religious. He is a Christian... He has explicitly said how he hates people like my mother who lie (gaslight, enable and hide abuse, blackmail), and then go to church and act like they are all religious... I just think honestly there are certain subtypes and enneagram combos, as well as underlying psychopathology) that are confluent with this.

He definitely would not behave like this, and I have also seen him directly confront people he dislikes, outside of the IEE-Ne. He will make passive remarks, or directly tell them he is upset in a subtle, yet semi aggressive way.

Yes, that is who I am, hence the bold am.​ Also, a brain angel. (But Zelda's incarnate too).

Dragons:

TIM
    IEI-Fe So4w5, 461
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Braingel View Post

I also really would like emphasize enneagram importance on this. As said already by me, a 4 thrives be very authentic. I see how it would be counter to my true nature to do such thing and try veer away from such behaviors whenever can, though it may be unavoidable if I really am triggered at the time, given my emotional state, but again, I never will act like they are "my best friend"; I will be neutral... If they are suddenly changed and are nice at time, I may be cordial, but that is unlikely.

This IEI that is older than I unlike my own self, is religious. He is a Christian... He has explicitly said how he hates people like my mother who lie (gaslight, enable and hide abuse, blackmail), and then go to church and act like they are all religious... I just think honestly there are certain subtypes and enneagram combos, as well as underlying psychopathology) that are confluent with this.

He definitely would not behave like this, and I have also seen him directly confront people he dislikes, outside of the IEE-Ne. He will make passive remarks, or directly tell them he is upset in a subtle, yet semi aggressive way.

An IEI 2w3 or 6 core that is Fe sub and social instinct is the most probable type of an IEI who will engage in this behavior.. An unhealthy 9 or 4 may potentially, since 4 goes to 2, and 9 goes to 6... But I am not healthiest and still don't, other than I had done so on a guy named Roman who everyone dislikes and does it, and it is not me exclusively, but everyone on the community, and I still tried be more standoffish and not as overly warm, but was a bit more cordial with him at times @queenTiger knows why for Roman, and who he is.. When I disintegrated to 2 a few years ago heavily I did do it a tiny as well, with a guy named Corvo, but that otherwise is it.

Dragons:

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by YXPR View Post
    There are different levels to not liking someone just like there are different levels to liking someone.

Also sometimes even though you dislike someone you still don't want to hurt their feelings or depending on the setting you might just not want to ruin the mood of the group. For exemple, if there is someone that I dislike at work or in a large group of friends it will take a lot for me to actually confront them. That's because confronting them might cause even more issues and make me feel even worse than how they are making me feel in the moment.
    Just bouncing from this.

Sometimes, one can dislike a person and know they are still decent a human being. That can be confusing to feel angry at someone while knowing they mean no harm and that it's more a personality clash than anything else and they may feel the same towards you.
    It's difficult to gage this, on one side you don't necessarily want to build something with them so you don't want to try to talk it out, but on the other, talking might ease two minds, but could also backfire dramaticaly. This can build a lot of frustration, as no option seems that great, that may go off at some point and decide the outcome.
    That's where a dual can help take a stance or a step back to better gage the situation and help be more at ease with choices. Then again, a person can learn to do that for themselves too.
    I guess a dual can pick between two roles, either encourage the ego or question it.

TIM
    INFp / VEFL
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flowers and sugar View Post
    Just bouncing from this.

Sometimes, one can dislike a person and know they are still decent a human being. That can be confusing to feel angry at someone while knowing they mean no harm and that it's more a personality clash than anything else and they may feel the same towards you.
    It's difficult to gage this, on one side you don't necessarily want to build something with them so you don't want to try to talk it out, but on the other, talking might ease two minds, but could also backfire dramaticaly. This can build a lot of frustration, as no option seems that great, that may go off at some point and decide the outcome.
    That's where a dual can help take a stance or a step back to better gage the situation and help be more at ease with choices. Then again, a person can learn to do that for themselves too.
    I guess a dual can pick between two roles, either encourage the ego or question it.
    Exactly this. Being Fi4D means that you constantly take a lot of things into consideration when it comes to relationships, your feelings and the feelings of others. It might be even more true for Fe creatives because we value Fe-Ti so we try to act as fairly as possible.

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well dude, what can I say, if you don't like common Fe behaviors, think it's enabling them and you also think you "self supply" your Ni DS. What do you like about your supposed duals actually?
    Everyone manipulates but it's the type of manipulation that you don't like that is type related. I don't like Fi creatives manipulating me by using our "fi bond" to make me do things for them or feel like a bad person if I don't. I don't mind Fe creatives being sweet and indirect, I can see and cut through the bs if needed but I don't typically mind demure sweetness as a F manipulation.
    Let's see now, so far you've said you think Fe creatives lie and Ni doms are delusional, you run away from dates to "chill with your cats" instead, you don't like "overindulging" in Ti, you think online typing is dumb and impossible and refuse to provide a video of yourself because you don't have to "prove" anything, also you're thinking of conserving your energy and not "wasting" it on IEI that "use people". Most of these sound like introversion (IP types are very protective of their energy), maybe you should seriously consider SLI? There seems to be a disconnect between how types usually work and your opinions about them.
    Fuck off with your online typing. I have 2 degrees in comparative psychology, which means I could easily behave like any type.

You're overthinking, projecting, taking shit I say & drawing inaccurate conclusions with no evidence. I won't post a vid cause even if I did you nerds would still guess wrong cause that's what armchair neophytes do.

It's funny dozens of people on a site are delusional to buy that you can type a person in an abstract world like the internet. Keep typing me, keep being wrong.

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI are fine. I'm just not needy or idealize types regardless of their shit head behavior.

IEI have big, wide smiles. Their voices cheer my mood regardless of how aggressive I am at the time.

IEI patiently observe. They understand the flow of time, search for the hidden truth & give meaning to the way forcefully approach objects

IEI show trepidation when it comes to engaging the concrete world. This inspires me to absolute action to deliver them from their fear in a way & pace that makes it easy

IEI don't understand technology so good. I dig analyzing/demonstrating for them step by step the best way to understand or grasp their particular mechanical question.

Those are the things I dig about IEI. Now that I've typed all that, go cherry pick a random word & type me as IEE.
    Last edited by Stray Cat; 07-27-2021 at 09:48 PM.

TIM
    IEI-Fe So4w5, 461
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hold no opinion on the typing. But sometimes enneagram also can make others look like a type they are not, or it can go counter and make them still that type, but looking lesser like it because of the ennergam and behavioral aspects birting from core fear.

Dragons:

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

If everybody was completely and totally 100% honest about what everybody thought of everybody else all the time we'd all be a bunch of dead bodies on the ground. Or I mean, there would be no peace at any time whatsoever. Yes, Fe can be incredibly manipulative- but it's usually done for good reasons. Even if you don't value that emotional mushy stuff look at it this way: Nobody would stay hired for very long either lol.

That one woman I talk shit about on here sometimes ((cuz it amuses me how we didn't get along)) - I wouldn't say those things to her face probably because she's unstable for real and would totally overreact like Callisto and would probably do something physically violent even if she knew the truth of her Fi crimes. I highly doubt she would genuinely listen to me or even fully understand me if I was that straightforward with her- but you're welcome to try it yourself. She's not a very mentally stable individual and this is just a small example of why dealing people requires a level of finesse, and you can't just be bull in a china shop with everybody at all times.

Yeah I wouldn't react that way myself but everybody is different and reacts to shit differently. Some people would hate themselves- others would use it as justification to hurt others. Often times manipulative Fe is used to try and maintain a Fi relationship as well.

There is real reason why people do this, it's not done just to be difficult or 'flighty' or whatever IEIs are accused of. I think the Te/Fi criticism can be appropriate if it's like some work review meeting though or whatever- because then to me it has more of a point. ((as long as there is some Te and it's not just 100% Fi.)) I'll respect it then a lot more then but if that's not the case I don't find it very constructive or helpful.

Yeah ideally people can hear (true) but negative Fi shit about themselves and be totally fine but in reality it's often just hurtful and destructive ime. Nothing efficient or productive even gets done, and it often turns into some dramatic virtue-signaling nightmare on who has the closet seat to God (Protip: Everybody fails miserably with that) How do I really know this? Because if it was any way otherwise- you'd have already ascended to Heaven and wouldn't be stuck here on earth with my sinful homosexual ass.

Being overly dramatic is what Fe gets accused of but really, is a Fi thing as well... too much focus on the emotional functions is bad period.

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stray Cat
    Fuck off with your online typing. I have 2 degrees in comparative psychology, which means I could easily behave like any type.

You're overthinking, projecting, taking shit I say & drawing inaccurate conclusions with no evidence. I won't post a vid cause even if I did you nerds would still guess wrong cause that's what armchair neophytes do.

It's funny dozens of people on a site are delusional to buy that you can type a person in an abstract world like the internet. Keep typing me, keep being wrong.
    Wow, impressive! Which animal, I mean type are you behaving like now?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Let’s calm down. I think you are SLE
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

IEI are fine. I'm just not needy or idealize types regardless of their shit head behavior.

IEI have big, wide smiles. Their voices cheer my mood regardless of how aggressive I am at the time.

IEI patiently observe. They understand the flow of time, search for the hidden truth & give meaning to the way forcefully approach objects

IEI show trepidation when it comes to engaging the concrete world. This inspires me to absolute action to deliver them from their fear in a way & pace that makes it easy

IEI don't understand technology so good. I dig analyzing/demonstrating for them step by step the best way to understand or grasp their particular mechanical question.

Those are the things I dig about IEI. Now that I've typed all that, go cherry pick a random word & type me as IEE.
    These are excellent points but I worry that you judge all IEI the same.
    Life, experiences and relationships change people
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Everyone and anyone can lie. Not type related. Lying sometimes has a specific purpose “to look out for the best interests of others” to protect others, etc I mean get real!
    Even me as a mom I find white lying to my daughter like “babies come from love” no they come from sex ahaha
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

If I asked an Fe-creative their take on a particular person & they lied, that wouldn't be unusual

I've had Fe-creatives randomly talk shit about a particular person then turn around, be tight, chatty & be best friends with that person.

What makes Fe-creatives lie when there's no reason to?
    To keep relations.
    -

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Those IEI things sound like things read from a textbook. Too stereotypical and stock-like and does not describe a real person at all. It makes us sound like overly paranoid weenies when in all reality I have found the other person is actually more of a pussy than I am except for in extreme cases. Maybe that's why I like bad boys- I really do just need somebody tough enough to handle me and life- and not to cower or crumble over the least little thing. It's probably true that IEIs don't respond too well to certain levels of serious aggression- I mean we are from a merry quadra after all.

And I understand most technology things just fine and love learning about technology. Plenty of technology crap is Ti not Te and so IEIs do fine with it. I am a little annoyed at people not realizing ethical types have a 2D logical function in either Ti or Te that gets them by just fine, but whatever. Yes 2+2 = 7 because I feel things deeply and enjoy gay musicals.

"IEIs patiently obeserve" - too vague and stereotypical. Many times I'm actually quite impatient and people often sense this about me. Just because I'm not going to act like a lunatic everytime I feel impatient doesn't mean I'm not lol.

I think I agree with Northstar- sometimes it seems you really want an EII or something and not a IEI?

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEI have a lot more trouble with technology, IEI often enjoy figuring out software on their own by reading forum threads about it, for example. The information just needs to be in a Ti format, not Te. It needs to be stated why certain things need to be done and what it means, instead of just a list of instruction manual process steps.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The information just needs to be in a Ti format, not Te. It needs to be stated why certain things need to be done and what it means, instead of just a list of instruction manual process steps.
    Te isn't "following a list of instruction manual steps" IMO, if anything, the difference you are describing is between people of different intelligence levels. Knowing why you need to do something and what it's purpose is, is more sign of intelligence than it is Ti.

Of course both approaches can be valid depending on the task. For example, if you just need to download and install software, following the instructions is easiest. But if you are doing something more intellecually demanding (like programming?) that requires creativity and knowing why you are doing it.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

As to the manipulation thing, I agree that everyone "manipulates" but when I hear manipulation I think it more in terms of deceiving and exploiting others.

I think the latter is more the colloquial understanding of the term, socionics uses it more as a trait of ethics, diplomacy for example that isn't always 100% sincere but gets the job done in terms of having a positive impact on relations.

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ave
    Te isn't "following a list of instruction manual steps" IMO, if anything, the difference you are describing is between people of different intelligence levels. Knowing why you need to do something and what it's purpose is, is more sign of intelligence than it is Ti.

Of course both approaches can be valid depending on the task. For example, if you just need to download and install software, following the instructions is easiest. But if you are doing something more intellecually demanding (like programming?) that requires creativity and knowing why you are doing it.
    I didn’t say it was. I said that Te information tends to be a dump of facts and the mechanics of the task, while Ti goes more into the background. Black box and white box. External dynamics vs. Internal statics. Basic socionics.

Both types of information serve a purpose and logical types have no problem processing either type, ethicals prefer the type that they value. I like Te information when I’m putting together or disassembling something, it is more efficient, while Ti type information is more enjoyable and more useful for fault diagnostics.

The level of intelligence doesn’t matter, it’s just a preference difference. Te is faster at figuring out what to do and make up quick rules of thumb, Ti is slower to work but digs deeper to figure out the exceptions and deeper causes for the effects.

Both Te and Ti work for programming; in my team I have led both Te and Ti ego types. They have different approaches, Te types are fast and quickly&dirty (I am like this too as are ILE though they create more convoluted structures with multiple meanings), Ti leads are more like architects. Slower, but create beautiful structures.
    Last edited by Northstar; 07-29-2021 at 10:04 AM.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I remember when I put together a trampoline for my family a few years ago. I was fine up until this complicated part where I had to thread the loops together. LoL it was a Se issue more than anything really- my 4D Se ESE mom figured it out pretty quickly. ((Probably some Te too- both of my 1D Functions that's why it was giving me grief.)) They didn't describe it that clearly in the instruction manual either and it was hard for my brain to understand to do what it is they meant.

My 4D Ti ego LII dad tried to get me into programming/coding, ever since I was a little boy. I learned some things for him but he got more into it because it was more of a purely logical thing and he could definitely do it longer than I could ((I'd get more distracted with romantic/emotional writing crap as to be expected)) - but I still didn't really have that much issue following along and we made video games together. Usually simple things like casino slot games ((and he designed his own Weight Watcher points calculator)) - but we had ideas for bigger platforming things etc.

I like RPG Maker 2003 programming because it's style it's very Fe/Ti friendly imo- the later models use a lot more Te/Fi that annoys me. The program is getting so old now though (I mean yeah in technology years 2003 is pretty ancient) I worry it won't run on most computers by the time I'm done making my video game lol- especially since Microsoft products tend to be so Gamma trying to progress into Delta like. I might have to change it up to actually make it work- but oh well.

TIM
    IEI-Fe-DCh so/sx
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BandD View Post
    I remember when I put together a trampoline for my family a few years ago. I was fine up until this complicated part where I had to thread the loops together. LoL it was a Se issue more than anything really- my 4D Se ESE mom figured it out pretty quickly. ((Probably some Te too- both of my 1D Functions that's why it was giving me grief.)) They didn't describe it that clearly in the instruction manual either and it was hard for my brain to understand to do what it is they meant.
    I think following an instruction manual doesn't necessarily require high T. There's more Te/Ti behind the scene from the people who actually designed the product and its construction mechanism or perhaps the person writing the manual.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I want to know how do I permanently shut off the function that gets butt hurt, offended, etc to hold all things in neutral balance and be one with all
    -

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    I want to know how do I permanently shut off the function that gets butt hurt, offended, etc to hold all things in neutral balance and be one with all
    Don't shut it off, look at it with compassion like you do others.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flowers and sugar View Post
    Don't shut it off, look at it with compassion like you do others.
    -

I'm not hungry mommy bear BrainlessSquid's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I asked an Fe-creative their take on a particular person & they lied, that wouldn't be unusual

I've had Fe-creatives randomly talk shit about a particular person then turn around, be tight, chatty & be best friends with that person.

What makes Fe-creatives lie when there's no reason to?
    I don't think it really means they're lying. Sometimes people have unconscious beliefs they're not aware of, and they may do one thing and believe the total opposite of what theyre saying. It's like myself, I once told my friend I don't like girls with big boobs, but a month later I saw a girl with different eyes when I saw her boobs and that made me really attracted to her, and I had only seen her face by meetings online. Idk why that happens, but also sometimes people contradict themselves a lot especially feelers
    Sometimes you don't have motivation because you lack purpose.
    Sometimes you don't have purpose, because you lack self-knowledge
    Sometimes you don't have self-knowledge because you lack love
    Sometimes you don't have love because you lack self-love
    Sometimes you don't have self-love because you lack guess what? Ask Gulenko!!

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BandD View Post
    Those IEI things sound like things read from a textbook. Too stereotypical and stock-like and does not describe a real person at all. It makes us sound like overly paranoid weenies when in all reality I have found the other person is actually more of a pussy than I am except for in extreme cases. Maybe that's why I like bad boys- I really do just need somebody tough enough to handle me and life- and not to cower or crumble over the least little thing. It's probably true that IEIs don't respond too well to certain levels of serious aggression- I mean we are from a merry quadra after all.

And I understand most technology things just fine and love learning about technology. Plenty of technology crap is Ti not Te and so IEIs do fine with it. I am a little annoyed at people not realizing ethical types have a 2D logical function in either Ti or Te that gets them by just fine, but whatever. Yes 2+2 = 7 because I feel things deeply and enjoy gay musicals.

"IEIs patiently obeserve" - too vague and stereotypical. Many times I'm actually quite impatient and people often sense this about me. Just because I'm not going to act like a lunatic everytime I feel impatient doesn't mean I'm not lol.

I think I agree with Northstar- sometimes it seems you really want an EII or something and not a IEI?
    Shut the fuck up. You and some members here have literally the most retarded imaginations possible. Just the fuck up.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To stay on yours and the other person's better side.

It depends on the context too, whether these two people cohabit or have to work together.

It may also be that when they are in the presence of that other person they do not inhabit themselves completely. In "real-time" they may be adapting to the other person, because they feel they may not be accepted if they were to be themselves. Reflecting on that in hindsight may cause the irritable, contradictory feelings - the ones they reveal to you.

Ethical types may make more concessions and be aware of the contradictions; that they relate to a person in some ways, but not in others.
    It seems important to find ways to cooperate with others and to learn to accept them as they are, but what happens in the middle can be messy and imperfect.

Your family thinks I'm a criminal
    TIM
    BAMF
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post

Lobotomy.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thistle View Post
    To stay on yours and the other person's better side.

It depends on the context too, whether these two people cohabit or have to work together.

It may also be that when they are in the presence of that other person they do not inhabit themselves completely. In "real-time" they may be adapting to the other person, because they feel they may not be accepted if they were to be themselves. Reflecting on that in hindsight may cause the irritable, contradictory feelings - the ones they reveal to you.

Ethical types may make more concessions and be aware of the contradictions; that they relate to a person in some ways, but not in others.
    It seems important to find ways to cooperate with others and to learn to accept them as they are, but what happens in the middle can be messy and imperfect.
    That’s pretty much what I agree with.
    -

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It's not 'imagination' - it's going by what you really say and what the functions really mean.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it kinda feels like the way Te types criticize Fe types...

TIM
    IEI-H 946
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't feel like justifying anything here lmao. Take it or leave it. If you think what we do is lying then it's lying. Find better people for your needs.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yeah I honestly don't care either way what type Stray Cat is or DEAD's or anybody else's - I like discussion about type. Even if I disagree with somebody about my type I don't get mad with them about it and I don't understand people getting so worked up over it.

Okay I admit I'm a little offended at the idea of being a Fe subtype IEI =D, but given how 'gay' some of my posts are or whatever, I can't blame people for thinking that way or anything but RL I know I'm just so Ni spaced out like.

But part of me wishes people could just argue logically and intellectually about this stuff instead of getting emotionally offended but yeah I realize that's too naive.

The fact that some people here get so pissed off cuz people disagree with their typing- well I mean, you do know you best after all - but some of what you say and what the functions really mean just don't align.

((want zap/n0ki to come back now and tell me what a SEI I'm being.))

TIM
    Juke Skywalker
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Joker The Fool View Post
    I don't feel like justifying anything here lmao
    It's a very weird thread from my POV, because I'm just seeing a bunch of ppl justify why they value FE>FI, but I guess we all have blind spots for our weaker function(s).....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast