Thread: Black Sheep of Each Quadra

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Black Sheep of Each Quadra

I can across this article here:https://sites.google.com/view/galaxy...k-sheep-theory

they talk about their own reasoning and theory of the black sheep of each quadra. Their reasoning was SEI, IEI, ILI, and LSE.

Thoughts?

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Makes no sense, they can claim another type as black sheep and make a rationalization about it. These 4 types has no spesific commonality in terms of socionics in any way.

If I were to choose, I would choose corrector of quadras as black sheep which are: LII, IEI, ESI, SLI.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yeah the corrector is the last type in every quadra whose job is to either prepare for the transition in the next quadra - or fix all the other types in its quadra so it doesn't self-destruct. Fixers can't really fix everything so usually I think the transition happens. ((the quadra values die and new quadra values take over)) Or it's like a process of integration... might not happen over night or suddenly or violently, but it's a gradual process.

For example IEI dies- SEE takes over, and also takes over some of the valued Fe of Beta and explores the world, sniffing out what Fe can be marketed and what not for the other Gamma NT types. Gamma realizes Fe is a role that you play to get what you want, but it ends up really valuing Fi. SEE is the most 'Fe-like' Gamma but then as you go down the Gamma line- this becomes less and less true. Gamma NT types are often cruel and immoral - and so ESI comes in, and makes them nicer and more moral.

I'm working on a socionics article now. Not quite done with it but it's getting there. I call it the 4 Ps of Quadra progression.

Alpha: Plans
    Beta: Power
    Gamma: Productivity
    Delta: Purpose

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quadra representatives, whitest sheep of quadra would be implementers, the dual of black sheeps: ESE, SLE, LIE, IEE.

When you see how people describe each quadra and these types, they perfectly match.

Grey sheeps: Leaders and stabilizers help to unite the members of quadra and allign them.

TIM
    ILE-De
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MissDucki View Post
    I can across this article here:https://sites.google.com/view/galaxy...k-sheep-theory

they talk about their own reasoning and theory of the black sheep of each quadra. Their reasoning was SEI, IEI, ILI, and LSE.

Thoughts?
    Basically they're conflating Quadra values with the values of like 1 specific type, and then calling the dual of that type the black sheep.

Alpha is described more ILE, so SEI is black sheep, with beta it's described as more SLE so IEI is black sheep, gamma SEE/LIE(but lean SEE) so ILI, and delta EII so LSE.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thoughts?
    Switch IEI to EIE and you have a ring of supervision. Also all of the DA cogs. Probably a coincidence, but that was the first thing I noticed when I saw those types lined up.

I don’t think there is one black sheep per quadra. Like @myresearch said, you can pick any of them and find a way to rationalize.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For some reason, I feel like the EIE is Beta quadra. Idk why...just a feeling
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

TIM
    EII-1Ne 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The article speaking of the clock of the socion and the role of corrector types had a chilling degree of accuracy to the present state of the world.

And mostly agree that the corrector types would be the black sheep of each quadra - except for Gamma, for which ILI is also a strong candidate IMO.

May look like an LSI, but -Te. Metaphor's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-LIE-NH
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thoughts?
    Inaccurate, SEI still shows the demeanour of Alpha Quadra in general, not that out of context for the dichotomies.
    ILI? Utterly nonsense, they do have Te-ego that fits the efficient and pragmatic nature of integrity-seeking in that sense.
    If I were to choose, the dual of ESE, SLE, LIE, and IEE are the black sheep of each quadra:

The Alpha quadra as a whole seems to be focused very much on idea synthesis, intellectualism, and gradual, systematic change that is universally logical and appealing (hence why the alpha quadra is often compared to the intellectual Enlightenment of the 17th to 18th centuries).
    I really don't think that Alpha SF would be oriented towards enlightenment, this is rather emphasizing Alpha NT.

ILE and LII are the general intellectual arbiters of their ideas, with ILE as the one to put out their own innovations while the LII helps form it into a logical, universal cohesive. The ESE has its own role within this as a 'room brightener' to the heat created by the ideas. After all, cold logic and concepts are unappealing without some means to bring emotional warmth and comfort to the table.
    Both ESE and SEI are room brighteners of this quadra, 2D Ne of ESE doesn't necessarily mean strong either.

The SEI may find themselves confused in all of this, as they merely have 1D Ne and are more keen to focusing on creating physical atmospheres of glee and bliss with their 4D Si without over-complicating matters with logical cohesions or overvaluation of what is true and pure.
    I wouldn't say so since Ti Mobilizing is more than capable to come up with a common sense yet somewhat well-formulated logic to be engaging in confronting their opinions. 4D Si works very well to enhance the atmosphere of Alpha Quadra due to its Democratic approach.
    And Ne suggestive would be willing to listen the input or advice from Ne-ego types to know what they ought to do.

[
    The over-analytical nature of the alpha NTs may be unappealing for them as an observer. This is not to go against the SEI at all, and they still hold this sort of childlike innocence most of the time by mere valuation of Ne, and they are generally very open-minded, optimistic people, hence why they are in the Alpha quadra.
    This is utterly nonsense. As I said before, SEI is more than capable to come up with ideas despite their weak Ti and Ne values.
    And it's SEI's duty to come up with a bright environment for Alpha NTs.

The Gamma quadra is focused very much on in-and-out groups, competition, efficiency, and social-climbing. After all, this is the quadra most associated with 'capitalism', both the good and bad of it. LIE is the stereotypical entrepreneurial type who generally has the best ideas in promoting efficiency in a descriptive manner. The SEE is the go-getter type, nicknamed "The Politician" by many, and is able to appeal to their audience and form emotional bonds over mutual goals. The ESI acts as a 'support' most of the time, and as an emotional check and balance to the LIE and SEE to make sure certain things are not being overdone.
    It seems to me that the author only applied some Gamma traits to match his perception about black sheep according to their mentality.
    I wouldn't say, the act of ESI as being a supporter, fit for Gamma either. This seems to be too far fetched, if I were going to be honest.

That leaves the ILI, who generally does not relate to this venture-capitalist mission, and would rather spend time in contemplation, writing down their thoughts on these societal subjects, perhaps even in criticism. Generally, they do not seem to be moral arbiters either (like the ESI or SEE), as they have been known to promote ideas such as egoism. However, their rugged individualism, their selectivity with friends, as well as having a 'matter of fact' way of perceiving reality does keep them in touch with Gamma enough by a thread.
    Another nonsense, that this time, catapulted stereotypes of Gamma according to the author's view in general, mostly stereotyped.
    The cynicism and pragmatism of ILI fits Gamma more than others. And Deleuzian was meant to be capitalistic for a reason.
    Last edited by Metaphor; 08-17-2021 at 04:29 AM.