Thread: ILI or IEI?

TIM
    ILI-Ni E6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ILI or IEI?

Last edited by memory; 08-17-2022 at 03:21 AM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome (back ?).

ILI seems good.

I hope the difficulties of life will leave you alone for some time. Unfortunately, they don't seem to go away unless one behaves very methodically. And even then...
    Last edited by BaruchJorgell; 07-22-2021 at 11:26 AM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

ILI focus on Te- work productivity etc, freeze around a lot of external emotions
    IEI have a lot of issues with Te instead they are more emotional, can easily be around a lot of emotions, are less prone to maximize in productivity may give way to lots of day dreaming
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

IEI would be right I think

“ I really despise paperwork, dealing with officials, going to the doctor, things like that. I understand everyone hates it but I hate it, I postpone it as much as I possibly can.”
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ILI
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    ILI focus on Te- work productivity etc
    They don't really focus on it, it is not their main program. Rather, they use it to get out of problematic situations at first (and even later), and then, they get a taste for it. They want to improve that part of them, and they choose their job accordingly often.

In younger ILIs, I think it is not very common to observe a Te-state.

Having to go the doctor and other obligations, mostly seem to be related to Te, as you rightly pointed out. But memori's enhanced irrationality is enough to justify his avoidance of such tasks, as well as his/her age.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

How about all the focus on SOCIETY?
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BaruchJorgell View Post
    They don't really focus on it, it is not their main program. Rather, they use it to get out of problematic situations at first (and even later), and then, they get a taste for it. They want to improve that part of them, and they choose their job accordingly often.

In younger ILIs, I think it is not very common to observe a Te-state.

Having to go the doctor and other obligations, mostly seem to be related to Te, as you rightly pointed out. But memori's enhanced irrationality is enough to justify his avoidance of such tasks, as well as his/her age.
    My mom is ILI she does push me to be on task in a timely way
    -

TIM
    ILI-Ni E6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BaruchJorgell View Post
    Welcome (back ?).

ILI seems good.

I hope the difficulties of life will leave you alone for some time. Unfortunately, they don't seem to go away unless one behaves very methodically. And even then...
    thank you for the well wishes, and youre right my life will reflect who i am unfortunately.
    is there a specific reason you think ILI? when reading about the type on wikisocion i was convinced ILI at first but Fe PoLR doesnt seem right, and although i use Te sometimes i dont think its one of my strengths like Ni is.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by memori View Post
    thank you for the well wishes, and youre right my life will reflect who i am unfortunately.
    is there a specific reason you think ILI? when reading about the type on wikisocion i was convinced ILI at first but Fe PoLR doesnt seem right, and although i use Te sometimes i dont think its one of my strengths like Ni is.

Like I said above, Te is unlikely to be a strength of yours at your age.

Fe polr doesn't mean you're an emotional freak or a weirdo. Some situations in life are easily solved when you use the Fe function. But you (as a Fe polr) can't use it too much because somehow, it costs you to do it (and you probably tried it in the past and saw how it went...). So, you use your other functions, the strong ones (Ni is likely in your case), which will give a subpar result. An ILI is likely to be often in emotional suffering (anger, frustration...) because he/she can't use Fe to relieve himself/herself from this turmoil.

Choosing a career in accounting can be related to what I said above about Te.

Thinking all the time about what you should have done better in the past is a typical ILI thing. It is the Ne+ controlling function.

The way you dress is unlikely for an IEI.

That's what I got from a quick reading of your text.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I dont feel I need any external help with Ti
    Yup, that is a marker of very strong Ti.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pandemic candy View Post
    u don't need external help with Ti, yet u r here in this thread asking for help lol.

anyway, if u relate to Ti more u r IEI
    Or did they really mean Te
    -

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pandemic candy View Post
    u don't need external help with Ti, yet u r here in this thread asking for help lol.

anyway, if u relate to Ti more u r IEI
    ILI's Ti looks a lot like librarian sort of organization capability - something IEI's seem to lack a lot.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if im inderstanding correctly Ti is reason and Te is data, Ti has a focus on making sense while Te has a focus on using it for something. in this case i relate to Ti more but in IEI Ti is in the super ID block and I dont feel I need any external help with Ti
    Correct, Accounting is mostly Ti over Te (except auditing which is Te) - it's its own closed system of rules, reasoning and logic that's internal. I'm actually an accountant myself. Te is disciplines like Physics.

But being an accountant in of itself doesn't necessarily make you ILI. A close IEI friend of mine is an IT developer so go figure
    SLE-Ti

May look like an LSI, but -Te. Metaphor's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-LIE-NH
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to have an insanely good memory as a child, I ended up memorizing the entire multiplication table before we had even learned the subject because we had a poster of it by my desk and I'd stare at it when I was bored in class. In kindergarten I also took this card game we had and I memorized every scratch and faded spot on the back of the cards and then I'd gather around all the kids from my class and tell them I could tell them the picture on any face down card they picked, and I'd end up being right like 99% of the time, I told them I was psychic lol. Also, when I had learned to talk, I'd sing nursery rhymes to myself even though no one had encouraged me to memorize them, so my mom took this opportunity to teach me poems and when we had people visiting I'd recite like 10+ poems for them and they'd praise me. The funny thing is I never used my good memory for anything useful or productive, I always used it to draw attention to myself and impress people and inflate my own ego, so maybe that's why I lost the skill overtime. Now I can't memorize shit.
    In my opinion, this is more than enough to clear the vague line between ILI/IEI, which is Te valuing + strong/advanced perception of Ti.
    As for enneagram, hmmm, probably SP 5, not sure about that tho.
    Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel: "The history of the world is none other than the progress of the consciousness of freedom."

May look like an LSI, but -Te. Metaphor's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-LIE-NH
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is very true, though, I'd address that IEIs being IT developers, in my opinion, isn't a bizarre scene either.
    Interestingly, I know an Fe creative type, probably SEI/IEI, who also is into programming and web designing.
    Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel: "The history of the world is none other than the progress of the consciousness of freedom."