Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Disney Tangled song

  1. #1
    Humanist Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    25,917
    Mentioned
    665 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default Disney Tangled song

    Is this the best resemblance of duality between SLE and IEI?

    https://youtu.be/ILRs2r6lcHY
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 2w1sw(1w9) helps others to live up to their own standards of what a good person is and is very behind the scenes in the process.
    Tritype 1-2-6 stacking sp/sx


    I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

    Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

  2. #2
    Shazaam's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Lamp
    TIM
    AB-IEI-Ni
    Posts
    12,978
    Mentioned
    527 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Disney is usually Delta since they make the Beta the villains anyway. That Once Upon a Time show I think kinda went back & forth between Beta and Gamma with the Mr. Gold storylines but also had beta campiness & values, and showed the complex human relationships with the villains. It also kinda poked fun of Deltas as being boring moral prudes. Well technically speaking- I think Disney is for Beta & Delta NFs the most probably. Kings and queens & princes and princesses battling each other for aristocratic power positions.

    Straight male STs of all quadras (less so the Straight Male NFs...) are most likely going to be 'god what the fuck I don't want to watch this shit' and turn it off to watch sports or something more grimdark and cutting. Every straight male ST cousin did that when I wanted to watch a Disney movie lol. Contrary to what this dude said, but I still like this song:


  3. #3
    Humanist Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    25,917
    Mentioned
    665 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BandD View Post
    Disney is usually Delta since they make the Beta the villains anyway. That Once Upon a Time show I think kinda went back & forth between Beta and Gamma with the Mr. Gold storylines but also had beta campiness & values, and showed the complex human relationships with the villains. It also kinda poked fun of Deltas as being boring moral prudes. Well technically speaking- I think Disney is for Beta & Delta NFs the most probably. Kings and queens & princes and princesses battling each other for aristocratic power positions.

    Straight male STs of all quadras (less so the Straight Male NFs...) are most likely going to be 'god what the fuck I don't want to watch this shit' and turn it off to watch sports or something more grimdark and cutting. Every straight male ST cousin did that when I wanted to watch a Disney movie lol. Contrary to what this dude said, but I still like this song:

    Did you watch the video?
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 2w1sw(1w9) helps others to live up to their own standards of what a good person is and is very behind the scenes in the process.
    Tritype 1-2-6 stacking sp/sx


    I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

    Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

  4. #4
    Shazaam's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Lamp
    TIM
    AB-IEI-Ni
    Posts
    12,978
    Mentioned
    527 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Did you watch mine? =D

  5. #5
    Humanist Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    25,917
    Mentioned
    665 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BandD View Post
    Did you watch mine? =D
    Don’t pull an INFP on me lol
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 2w1sw(1w9) helps others to live up to their own standards of what a good person is and is very behind the scenes in the process.
    Tritype 1-2-6 stacking sp/sx


    I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

    Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

  6. #6
    AWellArmedCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Location
    Northern Japan
    TIM
    IEI-Fe (C) 4w3 so/sx
    Posts
    542
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    Is this the best resemblance of duality between SLE and IEI?

    https://youtu.be/ILRs2r6lcHY
    I think so, but given that I've always thought of the Rapunzel fairytale as an intrinsically IEI archetype I may be slightly biased towards that reading of Tangled lol
    猫が生き甲斐

  7. #7
    Tentacles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    TIM
    Iei-Fe
    Posts
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Haha I like this. I’m an Iei-fe woman and new here! Hello. I think the SONG is definitely Iei. But I think the actual princess characters are mainly Eii/Sei. IEI’s aren’t innocent or stable enough (Si) in a princess way, in my opinion.
    Sidenote: I took care of an elderly Eii woman and always told her she was like Princess Diana, the people’s princess- a true princess, and she’d be all humble about it. But that’s how I see Eii women, even the rather quirky ones.


    I think the actual character typings in this Tangled clip are Sle man/Sei woman but the overall theme is Ni-dom grounded by strong Fe/Fi so... an Iei atmosphere. It’s like an Iei is looking down guiding them- two people clumsy with intuition having a sudden insight that’s always been in the ethers… waiting. The Iei make-up “knows” the light is there… the insight is there… no matter how fucked up THEY actually are. But are they here anyway… really?


    But I agree with BandD and thought that was a cool take that most of the Disney/pixar movies have these Beta Ni versus Delta Fi themes that the protagonist has to try to overcome. Following a vision versus following morals/honor.

  8. #8
    Humanist Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    25,917
    Mentioned
    665 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tentacles View Post
    Haha I like this. I’m an Iei-fe woman and new here! Hello. I think the SONG is definitely Iei. But I think the actual princess characters are mainly Eii/Sei. IEI’s aren’t innocent or stable enough (Si) in a princess way, in my opinion.
    Sidenote: I took care of an elderly Eii woman and always told her she was like Princess Diana, the people’s princess- a true princess, and she’d be all humble about it. But that’s how I see Eii women, even the rather quirky ones.


    I think the actual character typings in this Tangled clip are Sle man/Sei woman but the overall theme is Ni-dom grounded by strong Fe/Fi so... an Iei atmosphere. It’s like an Iei is looking down guiding them- two people clumsy with intuition having a sudden insight that’s always been in the ethers… waiting. The Iei make-up “knows” the light is there… the insight is there… no matter how fucked up THEY actually are. But are they here anyway… really?


    But I agree with BandD and thought that was a cool take that most of the Disney/pixar movies have these Beta Ni versus Delta Fi themes that the protagonist has to try to overcome. Following a vision versus following morals/honor.
    Hi welcome
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 2w1sw(1w9) helps others to live up to their own standards of what a good person is and is very behind the scenes in the process.
    Tritype 1-2-6 stacking sp/sx


    I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

    Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

  9. #9
    ⊱⋆⊰ child of the corn ⊱⋆⊰ reverie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    TIM
    Abby Normal 9w4
    Posts
    2,682
    Mentioned
    489 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Oh my, I think you are right! @Beautiful sky I completely forgot about that song.
    ·:*¨༺༻¨*:·.𝓽𝓾𝓶𝓫𝓵𝓻·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.
    քɨռȶɛʀɛֆȶ
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •