Thread: Suicide Prevention

TIM
    ILE-pars pro toto
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Suicide Prevention

Hi guys, I'm not suicidal, and nobody in my family is fessing up to being suicidal. I've talked to all my friends and family.

I also spend a lot of time here. Sometimes I get premonitions and maybe it's bullshit. I don't care if it is. But if I can put the idea in your head that there might be something else out there, then so be it. Don't kill yourself.

I'd talk to you, and I'm sure there's a lot people on this forum who would be willing to talk to you. I promise you that. I know this place can feel harsh sometimes.

If you don't feel comfortable talking to us, and you have no family or friends, please call the suicide hotline.

800-273-8255

I've got a bad feeling and @Braingel told me not to ignore the feelings I get.
    Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves."

-Carl Jung

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    432 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Thank you so much @chriscorey for the compassion and bravery to share this.

Lots of young LGTBQ+ people here on the fringes of society. There's also an organization called the Trevor Project to assist you ((not all Te is bad, just need the right Te(a) for you!)) : https://www.thetrevorproject.org

Continue to rebel, mock and challenge the status quo. Continue to make the comfortable uncomfortable and continue to comfort the uncomfortable.

TIM
    IEI-Fe 469
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can’t say I am in a place to talk to suicidal people, but if it felt intuitively right for me to do it and my place to intervene or give counsel, I would. But I’m not going to become someone’s personal counselor, given I am in a tough predicament of my own of this now. But I am not either, going turn down a time when I am meant to help, and it is my place for so doing.
    I am in my head; not society.

Yes, that is who I am, hence the bold am.​ Also, a brain angel. (But Zelda's incarnate too).

TIM
    IEI-Fe 469
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(Meaning I will involve if it is necessary foe me and is my place and responsibility for that moment). But general rule of thumb, I will be more hands off and just remind someone if it has been pattern, to look at time they have been suicidal and see how they survived/what made them able stay. The more intensive support is something I only would do if it is my place and it feels right to do.
    I am in my head; not society.

Yes, that is who I am, hence the bold am.​ Also, a brain angel. (But Zelda's incarnate too).

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    432 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yeah @Braingel...

I wouldn't personally know how to help a suicidal person- so I feel it is best to refer them to people who maybe can help, and to not say anything at all for fear I would accidentally make their situation worse. I mean I feel sometimes all you can do is listen and pray for them anyway.

But I will say this: whatever you do, do NOT listen to Teal Swan's bullshit. She's a cruel demonic bitch and would most likely feel sadistic glee in watching somebody kill themselves. I get bad vibes from her, and I trust my intuition. I know some people think she's 'not bad' but I think that's a dangerously naive perception.

TIM
    Si-H 6w5 613 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One thing to keep in mind when calling a suicide hotline is, at least in the U.S., that they can send the police on you if they suspect you'll do something immediately, which in and of itself will be a bad situation to deal with, but also will lead to forced hospitalization, drugging, with a hefty bill in the thousands slapped as a cherry on top.

Just info so nobody gets a big surprise if this does occur to them. If I was suicidal, being put in that situation would only make things worse for me all around.
    "Now is the time to get serious about living your ideals. How long can you afford to put off who you really want to be? Your nobler self cannot wait any longer. Put your principles into practice – now. Stop the excuses and the procrastination. This is your life! You aren’t a child anymore. The sooner you set yourself to your spiritual program, the happier you will be. The longer you wait, the more you’ll be vulnerable to mediocrity and feel filled with shame and regret, because you know you are capable of better. From this instant on, vow to stop disappointing yourself. Separate yourself from the mob. Decide to be extraordinary and do what you need to do – now." - Epictetus