Thread: Example of duality saving life

TIM
    EII SCS, IEI WSS So4
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Example of duality saving life

What are some real example I’m which a person had saved their dual’s life?

I can think of potential example, such as an Ni base helping their Se dual to slow down a car anticipating way may from, it come. Se helping us Ni to fight and stand up, or they come around and save us from someone who say, was going beat us. An Ni who saves their family line from addiction, positing out pattern, helping family to heal.. An Ne helping a suicidal Si to see into alternative, and an Si reminding an Ne to take a med where they will die if having a missed dosage.. An Fe making Ti express something that got them new opportunity, they were broke and then got money.. A Ti who saves Fe from acting impulsively on emotion that could have led to ill... Kind of like an Ni guiding Se, but in logical and organizational way.. A Te helping Fi organize their life around and get them together, and an Fi helping a Te from making rash decision and having more a heart in a situation...

I envision how it would play out. But what are good real life example?
    I am in my head; not society.

Yes, that is who I am, hence the bold am.​ Also, a brain angel. (But Zelda's incarnate too).

My thoughts align with action to succeed what needs…

Dragons:

Babies, click them to make them grow up into Kara’s Dragon Museum

My favorite adult Museum Exhibits

TIM
    SLI 5w6
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My wife who is probably my dual claims I saved her life. She reckons she would have gotten killed if she went the way of drug dealing. While we were dating, one of her cousins was shot and he was in charge of a trafficking ring. She went to his funeral and was asked to take up the mantle of being leader. She declined but thinks she might have taken it if it weren't for me. If she had taken it, she felt pretty sure she would be lying in a coffin sooner or later.

I don't know if she is dramatizing it or not.

TIM
    Juke Skywalker
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm pretty sure this is my activator, and not my dual, but I won't rule it out 100% .....SLE....

My next door neighbour and good friend from growing up was an SLE, and you can say that he didn't mind fighting.... we grew up in a fairly rough area.... so if you liked fighting, then you had plenty of opportunity.....

We went to different schools, because my parents wouldn't allow us to go to the local school (cause too rough) and he did go there.... I heard that he got into more fights than anyone else in the school... (confirmed by our other friends)...... I hung out with him plenty after school, and a lot when I left school... up to mid 20s, when I left the area...

We went on plenty of nights out together with the rest of our group; there were a few of us on the nights out, and we wouldn't always be in the exact same spot together, the whole time... Numerous times, he would come and get me at some point to back him up for a potential fight, because he new that I would back him, and the others (non betas) didn't seem like they would.... bare in mind i'm very non-aggressive, but not weak looking....

Anyway....not once not once did it kick off.... I've actually never seen the guy have a fight once in my life..... I did smooth one over, but usually it was just a presence thing....

As time went along, I got less interested in going out, and the rest of them stayed doing it.... but I heard a number of times of him getting into fights, when I wasn't there...

I assume that I provided the calmness, attention to potential consequences, and ability to smooth things over/read people for him, that he needs from his dual...

Not exactly life saving, in a dramatic way.... I would think that duals are more likely to prevent bad things happening in the first place, and stablise each other, by paying attention to the things that the other person isn't....

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It didn't save my life per se- but a SLE stood up and AoE tanked a bunch of bullies that were bothering me before with his Paladin superpowers. I could have stood up to them myself but there was so many of them. SEEs will also often do this for me. It was also Se itself that encouraged me to stand up for myself and not take other people's bullshit.

One time a SLE got annoyed and cussed out the Delta teacher because he asked me to redo the assignment and he didn't think it needed to be re-done. It didn't save my life or anything but I really appreciated it lol. I still had to just re-do the assignment but I appreciated the gesture. And the EII teacher said he couldn't read or understand what I wrote but the SLE could read it just fine.

A dual saving your life is dramatic and probably 'only happens in the movies' type of thing - but I will say they greatly enhanced my life and improved my weak points and like Adam Strange said, my life feels better with duals than without them.

Plus well, the sex with a SLE was amazingly good. =p

To give credit to Deltas since I'm such an asshole to them - it was an IEE who convinced me to go back to school and to work on my degree so I am thankful for them too as the EP energy was able to help me even though they are evil Deltas.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I have this theory that your Supervisor is much more likely to save your life than a Dual- but because it's your Supervisor and not a Dual- you don't really care.

I think I saved ESEs more than any other type really.

TIM
    EII SCS, IEI WSS So4
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BandD View Post
    I have this theory that your Supervisor is much more likely to save your life than a Dual- but because it's your Supervisor and not a Dual- you don't really care.

I can see where you get this logic from, they save you from your weakest point, and your weakest point is most likely to endanger you. As painful as an LIE-Ni can be on me (Stugg), he has given me some of the most awakening advice and it “shocked” me into place. Capture with a single word. “Just do it”. Then, “What is to give light must endure burning.”

He challenges me big time on my enneagram 4 and about being original and tries make me see how there is not really any original thought... He tries make me see how it is impractical, etc. But he often makes me feel like a moron, and he definitely views me as not very intelligent to his standard.

Yes, that is who I am, hence the bold am.​ Also, a brain angel. (But Zelda's incarnate too).

Dragons:

TIM
    EII SCS, IEI WSS So4
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like how a parent watches over/supervises a child who is weak in their ability to look out for their own self, they look out for you in your weakest area, but just are harsh sometimes about it and it can be painful, since it is so sensitive.

Dragons:

TIM
    EII SCS, IEI WSS So4
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LIE-Ni have given me some of the absolute best advice, but they just hurt.. They burn me, minus Ashton never really did, but he has extensive awareness of ITR, and he types me as an IEE-Ne..

They correct what will endanger you, what will make you look bad, etc..

Dragons:

TIM
    EII SCS, IEI WSS So4
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My benefit has saved me, but me tuning him out with my Ni from his Ne and PolR Se, it took far longer to in me, seep. He influenced me to stop fixating on the closest to what I had as a friend leaving. I was suicidal over her for 2 years.. And he just kept throwing it back at me, that she is not real anymore, she now is a concept since the old her is not the now her.. And eventually it just clicked into me, but my Fe did not want agree, the emotional state.

He is too soft, which it in a way is good since that is delicacy, but sometimes I need a bit more pressure (but not overly harsh) to actually snap into place, but my emotion always must be validated in that so doing. Apart of what makes SLE is great is that they validate as they push, and they seeking the Ni also aim to look at grander scheme, despite not being in its greatness. I need just the right balance of harsh and gentle, I need it simultaneously, but maybe a little less pressure than would expect for normal IEI, since of my being a 4 core and also highly sensitive. I need like 45% harsh, 55% gentle. That is right on money for me to be pushed well by others and to get through to. People are either way too on me, soft, or way too overly harsh. There is no balance and it is an extremity.

I can see how identical can save you from pain with passing on wisdom learned.

Dragons:

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Braingel View Post
    My benefit has saved me, but me tuning him out with my Ni from his Ne and PolR Se, it took far longer to in me, seep. He influenced me to stop fixating on the closest to what I had as a friend leaving. I was suicidal over her for 2 years.. And he just kept throwing it back at me, that she is not real anymore, she now is a concept since the old her is not the now her.. And eventually it just clicked into me, but my Fe did not want agree, the emotional state.

He is too soft, which it in a way is good since that is delicacy, but sometimes I need a bit more pressure (but not overly harsh) to actually snap into place, but my emotion always must be validated in that so doing. Apart of what makes SLE is great is that they validate as they push, and they seeking the Ni also aim to look at grander scheme, despite not being in its greatness. I need just the right balance of harsh and gentle, I need it simultaneously, but maybe a little less pressure than would expect for normal IEI, since of my being a 4 core and also highly sensitive. I need like 45% harsh, 55% gentle. That is right on money for me to be pushed well by others and to get through to. People are either way too on me, soft, or way too overly harsh. There is no balance and it is an extremity.

I can see how identical can save you from pain with passing on wisdom learned.
    Some Ne future telling ....

The mind is restless and difficult to restrain, but it is subdued by practice

-Krishna

TIM
    EII SCS, IEI WSS So4
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think SLE with IEI makes that perfect balance of gentle and harsh, and so you have one another being in tune where it is simultaneous when you merge together, and exudes that push that acknowledges and looks at the whole, but that inspires and is stern with what needs. It doesn’t bullshit you, but it does not minimize you.

It’s more perfect than is an EII/LSE in the demonstration of gentle and harsh. SLE/IEI duality is reminiscent of such, and also about innocence versus “corruption” (corruption being a matter of pushing past the innocence and doing what needs, even if it jeopardizes one’s innocence). Then inertia+Dream versus action+reality. You can make the dream reality and you can make reality more in line with dreaming.

Dragons:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BandD View Post

Your dual is most likely to put you in peril. In those situations, I think we all have a knack for sniffing out our supervisors. But like you said, you almost never know how they help you, and even if you did, you can hardly care enough. You're either deathly afraid and avoid them, or do everything in your measly powers to prove your independence. I once fell into a situation where my dual (ESE) had a younger sister who is clearly her supervisor (IEI), which makes me her sister's beneficiary. There's all sorts of things my dual would never contemplate or take responsibility for had she not had her sister and myself. And even then, she was overly dependent and unreliable from my perspective, because she would blithely go along with Se-valuing environments, which her sister unconsciously values, and which I would rather avoid. What's more is her sister would feel the need to go out of her way to spare me. Even though I knew this put a strain on her and I didn't really need the Fe-booster shot, I did appreciate it. Her sister almost always made this a necessary reaction, like a mirror of her dual (SLE).

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Not type related
    My SEE dad saved me from drowning
    Anyone who loves you and cares for you will want the best for you regardless of type
    As for a dual. It’s the easiest form of relating and interaction. That doesn’t means duals can’t have arguments. The arguments are easily resolved if they are patient and willing to make concessions, but even duals can be horrible people. A person is more than their type
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html