TIM
    Te-LIE-NH
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Hello, Ladies and Gents

Howdy, fellow people.

So, I've been following this forum but never tried to join until now.
    And to be honest, I still don't know what to do here since I'm somewhat new (I guess?) in the realm of typology forum. Nothing interesting to tell about me either, technically, just a boring person or nerd who likes to read book, no matter how bad or good they are so long it has knowledge or value in it. Interested in theoretical explanations, can do the application of theories but somehow pretty careless. My other interests outside typology are math, sports, games, literature, graphic design, movies, science, history, biology, politics, and philosophy. As for the type, I've been typed as almost every type, perhaps, to the point I can't be typed anymore. But as of now, I'm a self type SLI (ISTp) and still torn apart between INTJ or INTP for MBTI. Someone suggested either EII/IEI/LII but I'm not quite sure since Si-valuing somehow fits me very well, but honestly, I do be careless about my socionics type although if you have any comments, suggestions, opinions or else, write that down below.
    Okay, I think that's all and perhaps, thank you for reading this uninteresting introduction.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome. The types are the same so you cant be both sli and intj. There is no need for mbti because socionics is more accurate. If you are sli then that's it.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Riley and Bunny together forever HicksHawking InterPrizeWes's Avatar
    Macroverse MtBattle ScholarsGarden Halloween1993 SuperNexus InfinitiesUltimate AllSpectraEverywhere
    TIM
    RayquazaRaichuArceus
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    Welcome. The types are the same so you cant be both sli and intj. There is no need for mbti because socionics is more accurate. If you are sli then that's it.
    Why is socionics better than mbti?

I found mbti is a telescope into discoveries of process and meaning for executing and unfolding the way of desire and vision, however that unravels or cracks the door of dawn for you.
    Chinese Fortune Cookie ~ A fair face may fade, but a beautiful soul lasts forever. Lucky Numbers - 53, 10, 29, 14, 1, 21
    Mr. Mime = Mastermind
    Marius Florin aka LeoSuperCluster as Raging Bolt the Raikou number 1021 and SolitaryWalker brought glory to the years of Silver and forged Pichu, wisdom of force and flair to exhibit dinosaur questing pointers electrocuting cinema and blueprints of emporiums to undertow flows jungle tossing galaxy spanning shivers of essence gems and portals of roads to destruction and arboretums folding castles and swordsmanship of dreams and counters to pleasant vibrations and holy water sprouting evanescent stars and puzzles of grades to saffron climax
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...k-2024-edition

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    As I said, because it's correct, unlike mbti. It's not possible to learn this by just studying the theory. You have to observe the types and functions irl for many years. Socionics is describing the same fundamental phenomenon as Jung did. Mbti is trying to do the same, but they often regress to a pointless labelling of behaviours, thus mistyping people, instead of looking at the real psychic functions. They made a mess by mixing up the J/P for introverts and misunderstanding Si, and assigning it to the wrong types. There is no use for mbti anymore because Socionics captures the type phenomenon completely. However, if you want a deeper understanding of the functions, read Jung.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post

I found mbti is a telescope into discoveries of process and meaning for executing and unfolding the way of desire and vision, however that unravels or cracks the door of dawn for you.
    Yes, of course it is. Why did you come here?
    The mind is restless and difficult to restrain, but it is subdued by practice

-Krishna

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

> I do be careless about my socionics type

MBTI test and Socionics use same Jung type.
    There are no special "MBTI types" or "Socionics types". When you identify type correctly - it's practically will be the same.

There are no types as "ISTp". Socionics has identical description to J/P as rational/irrational types (just look at dichotomy tests). It's appropriate only to use MBTI notation as "ISTP".

> I'm a self type SLI (ISTp) and still torn apart between INTJ or INTP for MBTI.

you may get opinions. I recommend to make a video for this
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...=1#post1096450

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    There is no need for mbti because socionics is more accurate.
    There is _usefulness_ in MBTI test, dichotomies theory used in it (which is correct) and results goten by this test (which are correct more often than accidentally). MBTI test is similar to dichotomies tests used in Socionics.

It's not clear to claim "socionics is more accurate".
    Socionics has more of correct theory. But while in some places its theory is more correct than in "near-MBTI" texts (which have nonsense about introverts' functional model), Socionics has own doubtful and wrong theory too (as Reinin's traits). Plus some people use non-Socionics doubtful additional theory as Gulenko's subtypes and other baseless heresy.
    Besides the theory, Socionics has practical problems which may lead to mistakes in significant %, what also makes doubtful to claim that Socionics is significantly more accurate in practice. Based on known experiments the typing match allows to say about common ~40-50% chance of correct types. The common practical accuracy definetely is far from 100% by today approaches and skills.
    So it's rather possibly to get correct type by MBTI related methods and incorrect by Socionics. It's not known how _in common_ more accurate Socionics would be. Even if to use only correct theory in Socionics. Especially when on other side is used MBTI test result only without additonal "near-MBTI" texts about 8 functions.

TIM
    SLE-C 8w7 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MBTI pop psychology is garbage. A lot of people in the MBTI community thinks Te is force (not Se), Si is past (not Ni), Fe is harmony (not Si), and Fi is authenticity (?). These ain't Socionics definition. That said, I think Jung is much closer to Socionics than MBTI pop psychology system.

In my opinion, you can't translate MBTI to Socionics but you could translate Socionics to MBTI with the correct dichotomies (INFP = NiFe; INFJ = FiNe).

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Welcome

Hang around etc. Try not to take things personally. There are a lot of different kinds of people. Don't take things personally lol
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

From being around both SLI and ILI I can tell you that they both can ignore your feelings lol
    ILI are critics, if you find yourself criticizing he living hell out of everyone and everything lol you are ILI if not you are probably SLI who enjoys the things you are already familiar with and every once in a while tries new things and generally like to chill and enjoy yourself
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

May look like an LSI, but -Te. Metaphor's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-LIE-NH
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    Don't take things personally lol
    Thank you and without you telling so, I already do.
    And honestly, I never take things such as typology as a serious concern moreover, I really don't care.
    I just wanted to have my types, possibly read some useful threads, and get out of this place as soon as possible.
    Last edited by Metaphor; 08-05-2021 at 11:40 AM. Reason: OCD due to not a proportional paragraph.
    Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel: "The history of the world is none other than the progress of the consciousness of freedom."

TIM
    Te-LIE-NH
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    From being around both SLI and ILI I can tell you that they both can ignore your feelings lol
    ILI are critics, if you find yourself criticizing he living hell out of everyone and everything lol you are ILI if not you are probably SLI who enjoys the things you are already familiar with and every once in a while tries new things and generally like to chill and enjoy yourself
    It's easy for me to ignore someone's feelings, to the point I'm so insensitive and dense about it.
    I consider LII though, since it's another good fit but I still doubt of having Ne-ego.
    Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel: "The history of the world is none other than the progress of the consciousness of freedom."

TIM
    Te-LIE-NH
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard XD001 View Post
    To be fairly honest, this is such a rhetorical question, almost everyone already knows why.

TIM
    Te-LIE-NH
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello, first of all, thank you for the help, I really really appreciate that, the shortcoming problems though, I'm pretty nervous in front of camera, to the point that I don't know what to do about it, how to appear well or just fine in front of it, I'm well awkward at it, but if it's the most accurate way to type a person, I could take it, though, I'd also need some time to prepare it. I've checked the link on your post, but I couldn't find any available questionnaire there, would you like to tell me a place to find some? And also, I've read Filatova's "Understanding the People Around You: An Introduction to Socionics", and to be honest, I'm not that well satisfied, since I could see myself as both SLI and LII on her book, probably I should read more, or if not, just use test as another parameter in my typing. Regardless, that's all.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You do not have to make a video if you aren't comfortable. You can fill out a questionnaire and post a type-me thread. That way we can have more information about you.