Thread: Living in foresight. Ni or something else?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Living in foresight. Ni or something else?

Every single thing I say out loud is something I already said at least once in a scenario imagined in my head.

Since I'm lazy, if I'm around annoying people, I'm an expert at not saying stuff that could get demolished. When I say something, it's something that can't be attacked.

When people are talking and talking for too much time, but without saying anything meaningful and just for the sake of winning the argument, at a certain point I will present a conclusion that will end it all. An argument that has been replayed most likely more than once in my head. An argument perfected by the antithesis of the imaginary versions of my interlocutors.
    Most of the time this is enough. If it's not enough, I may keep answering a couple of times, but after a certain point I will just accept the fact those people want to continue to talk about nothing, for the sake of talking without making any sense.
    This process is not as slow as one may think. It's not about the details, but about the form and meaning. I play in my head the significant parts. I don't necessarily remember the same words my imaginary self used. I'm not even sure my imaginary self uses precise words, or if I just get the meaning of his thesis. When I know I'm ready, I go.

Even when I say something funny it usually means it made the imaginary interlocutors laugh before.

Every single moment of my life I'm vigilant. If I'm washing my hands at a place with an open door, I imagine people attacking me from my blindspots. I correct my posture in order to be able to see possible attackers.
    If I sit somewere, the door has to be in my sight.

I live in a world full of imaginary people with no face who are ready to attack me. A world where I anticipate attacks, discussions, jokes and actions.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's your type op?

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Varu I do relate to playing out difficult conversations in my mind - another concern is that I will be attacked and humiliated. Due to this I adopt guilty and corrected posture in advance, and prefer to process the related emotions in private.

I'm not sure whether above is type related - for me anxiety plays a big part. It's important for me to be composed when around others, particularly during conflict, hence anticipating and doing away with my emotions.

Withholding opinion while gathering and scrutinising sounds more of an introverted trait. I do think the sponteneous crystallisation of ideas (think shower thoughts) is introverted intuition.

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A lot of this sounds like GAD to me. I do it too, to some extent. Things I think seem of an important nature to be handled with care particularly. Sometime I’ll look at someone and think ‘this isn’t the right time to bring this up’ and just save it for another time, one where they are in the right mood for what I want to say. But I do say random things out loud a lot... the other day I was kayaking and this person was being pretty negative about everything so I broke out singing, ‘it’s a beautiful day in the neighborhood, a beautiful day in the neighborhood, won’t you be my, won’t you be my neighbor?’ And turned to them and laughed, because I made them a little unbalanced I think by the randomness and I was trying to say they were being negative without them getting pissy about it, and I think they got it, and enjoyed it at the same time. Stuff like that I guess I do randomly. I think a lot of things I do is unconscious...just I think I know what I’m doing but I don’t really put too much thought into...until maybe I need to, and think I need to think deeper and more consciously into this because it seems really significant.

So maybe I kinda do but it’s really fast idk
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also rehearse things in my head for near or distant future, but not everything. I sometimes imagine things that are not related to any part of reality at this moment or possible near or distant future that I might have and those kind of things sometimes help me when something unexpected happens.

If I am in a hostile environment or if I am with hostile people, I also calculate what I am going to say or how it is going to perceived. However, if someone wants to attack, they can attack in any way, ofcourse it is possible to win a meaningless argument.

I am not sure how my jokes or thoughts are going to be perceived in an emotional sense. In arguments and fights with people I am not close to, I sometimes say some stuff and people become silent, I have no clue if it is because they agree or have nothing to say or because I sound harsh or they didn't get me at all. Besides, we all have some pattern recognition, however, if someone is looking through things intensely from spesific filters, they can interpret things in different ways than it is meant to be. So even I am sometimes sure of what is coming, I am more prone to test it out in real life to check if I am right, rather than interpreting data from the same perspective in order to not fall into the trap of confirmation bias.

Hence, although I think we can anticipate some things that are even unlikely to happen, I don't think anyone can anticipate everything. I can't even anticipate what I am going to do or say at certain times or I can think that I would do or say something under some conditions, but when it actually happens, I may react differently, I sometimes can surprise myself. I like when people surprise me in a good way. If you anticipate everything that is going to be said and if you exactly know how everything is going to be perceived, that must be boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Varu View Post
    Every single moment of my life I'm vigilant. If I'm washing my hands at a place with an open door, I imagine people attacking me from my blindspots. I correct my posture in order to be able to see possible attackers.
    If I sit somewere, the door has to be in my sight.
    If this is not an exaggeration or some kind of a metaphor, are you sure that you are in a safe environment with safe people? It seems like a response of a trauma.
    Last edited by myresearch; 07-16-2021 at 11:04 PM.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

That sounds a lot like paranoia. I think people can have healthy amounts of paranoia.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Dreaming about future or past, and especially being ensured that future will come - Ni.
    But to use Ni can anyone.
    To say about your type it's useful to have your video.

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

sounds like a fear of life. try taking more drugs/

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

You sound a bit paranoid and anxious but given how disgusting people can truly be I don't blame you. My own Alpha quadra parents were way too naive that other people could be 'nice' in this Mayberry Andy Griffith way that doesn't exist in reality. They were DANGEROUSLY naive in ways, and in many circumstances *I* had to be the parent. The sad reality is many if not most people would torture and kill you for hours with zero guilt or empathy and would have so much fun doing it, probably convincing themselves you're going to go to Hell anyway so might as well make you get used to what it's like now.

I mean don't let it get you down or too stressed out or anything- I don't think it's worth that. But yeah there are sick people in the world who will for example ring your doorbell. If the person is naive and Ozzy-ish enough to answer the door- they kill you right on the spot.