TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What types tend to have a RBF?

"Resting Baked Face," that is.

I know it's a strange question, but I'm attempting to understand VI, and sometimes I'll encounter people who definitely aren't high, but their eyes and facial expression just sort of always look like they are. What information elements are most likely to lead to this sort of "resting baked face?" I have a very religious cousin who's always had this sort of expression and some of us joke that she's just "high on Jesus" all the time.

Thank you for entertaining this bizarre topic of mine lol
    “Things always seem fairer when we look back at them, and it is out of that inaccessible tower of the past that Longing leans and beckons.”
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been told a couple times that I look and act like I'm on something, but I tend to become disassociated from reality when I'm not feeling well, and those times seem to correlate. In this sort of state I think I probably come off as unreactive and out of it. Though I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for.

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    I've been told a couple times that I look and act like I'm on something, but I tend to become disassociated from reality when I'm not feeling well, and those times seem to correlate. In this sort of state I think I probably come off as unreactive and out of it. Though I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for.
    Hmm that could be related. Purely on a visual basis, my cousin's face most resembles the female ILE composite's. She's sort of just got this big droopy smile and her eyebrows are upturned in such a way that it looks like they'll slide off the sides of her face. I wonder if Ne is the cause of this sort of "high" look
    “Things always seem fairer when we look back at them, and it is out of that inaccessible tower of the past that Longing leans and beckons.”
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

TIM
    SLI 5w6
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ixxps?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

To unnatural positive emotions (or impression of so) may predispose:

1) F types of not your value, as show more emotionality while have higher chance to be perceived as fake emotions
    2) T types, because are not good to express emotions. especially when they try to show what not have indeed or have conflicting attitudes. F types are better in emotional acting and in controlling of inner emotional state too

It should be common situation when people are not in harmony of inner emotional state with what they want to show. Or when try to make themselves feeling something. The said above mb more about cases when you easier notice or accent the attention higher on such behavior.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ips.
    People tell me that I look stoned even when I’m not—I tend to space out a lot. I’m SEI, but my ILI mom and sister are the same way. I think it has to do with the introverted perceiving functions. Ips tend to have slower, lazier movements, which adds to the resting baked face effect.

Ijs are more likely to suffer from resting bitch face due to 1d Fe/ Fe ignoring.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Poptart View Post
    Ips.
    People tell me that I look stoned even when I’m not—I tend to space out a lot. I’m SEI, but my ILI mom and sister are the same way. I think it has to do with the introverted perceiving functions. Ips tend to have slower, lazier movements, which adds to the resting baked face effect.

Ijs are more likely to suffer from resting bitch face due to 1d Fe/ Fe ignoring.
    Oh, man. All of the female ESIs I know have resting bitch faces.

I was sorting papers yesterday with an ESI-Se CP e6, and she's told me that she thinks all the time and has lots and lots of anxiety. I would never have guessed this if I hadn't read that this is exactly what e6s are like, and ESIs, too, often. She keeps asking me if I think she's an introvert, because she's always so bright and bouncy. But give her a few moments alone and she's deep into the darkness.

She and I had been filing financial papers for hours and I was internally climbing the walls, because I hate hate hate paperwork details and I looked at her and she looked pissed off, sort of like the way I would feel if someone kept doing something after I repeatedly warned them not to (for comparison).
    I said, "What's wrong?" I was hoping she was tired of this so I could do something else.
    She snapped out of her internal monologue and looked up at me and smiled and said brightly and enthusiastically, "Nothing! We're getting tons done! You're going to love this."

It's as if there is a curtain between what she thinks and what she shows to the world.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 07-13-2021 at 01:23 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This isn't exactly socionics but I'm certain there's a connection between IM elements and RBF.

Fi in particular:

Fi is a function that is intimately connected to the emotional register; to the limbic system and its somatic experience of emotions. It directly associates itself with the body and this connection is automatic. For better or worse, an Fi user cannot disconnect themself from this influence any more than a Ti user could associate themself to it. Fi users will continually feel a low-key emotional energy inside of them which will also be seen affecting their countenance at all times.

While all human emotions can be felt by everyone, the muscles used to display emotions of weeping and sadness are always in a semi-contracted state for Fi users. These muscles are the levator labii superioris, levator labii superioris alaeque nasi, zygomaticus minor and to some degree the depressor anguli oris – seen below in Figure 17. They surround the nose and, when fully contracted, elevate the upper lip towards it.

As you can observe in Figure 18 above, the levator labii superioris, levator labii superioris alaeque nasi, zygomaticus minor and to some degree the depressor anguli oris are all contracted and prominent, resulting in the RBF.

Source: https://cognitivetype.com/fi-vultology/

Yeah. Then there's the opposite where 1D Fe which causes a lack of expression
    Last edited by peteronfireee2; 07-13-2021 at 02:15 PM.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

For some reason I thought RBF meant 'real-life best friend.' And for that I'd answer: No. lol:

TIM
    SEI 9w1
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ips.

Very true. I've also had people tell me I look like I'm "not there" sometimes
    Chronic "grass is always greener" syndrome

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BandD View Post
    For some reason I thought RBF meant 'real-life best friend.'
    Lol yeah... I thought I was being clever with my title, but I think I just confused some people
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐