Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 41

Thread: Video Questionnaire

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
    Posts
    16
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Video Questionnaire

    Hi,

    I've got a video link attached which answers some questions. I've tried before on this forum and the video wasn't the best so I've redone it so I'm not holding the camera. Hopefully it's better suited for typing. It is a long video over an hour long so don't watch all of it. Skipping to random parts, especially nearer the end, should help find data so you're typing me and not my persona.

    I've been previously typed as ILI or LSI.
    I disagree with the LSI typing because I'm not a sensor. I'm too detached from my environment, the present moment, keeping my environment tidy and such. I find it stressful to think about my physical environment for long periods of time. I don't have Ne POLR. Looking at others perspectives is a strength of mine not a severe weakness, which again is further evidence of being an Intuitive. I have a broad range of intellectual interests which seems flat out contradictory to Ne POLR hence LSI or ESI typings.

  2. #2
    BandD's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    MI
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Posts
    12,331
    Mentioned
    436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think you're LIE maybe.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    13,129
    Mentioned
    1223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    > I disagree with the LSI typing

    analyze IR effects with people IRL
    it's the best way to understand your type with assurance and to reject some types

    > I have a broad range of intellectual interests which seems flat out contradictory to Ne POLR hence LSI or ESI typings.

    you seems said there (23:40) to have more pragmatic than intellectual approach. it's closer to S
    SLE is 2nd possible
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    576
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    you seem rational type from first minute or so
    my guess would be Ij but im relatively more confident on the rational impression

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
    Posts
    16
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    > I disagree with the LSI typing

    analyze IR effects with people IRL
    it's the best way to understand your type with assurance and to reject some types

    > I have a broad range of intellectual interests which seems flat out contradictory to Ne POLR hence LSI or ESI typings.

    you seems said there (23:40) to have more pragmatic than intellectual approach. it's closer to S
    SLE is 2nd possible
    I'm pretty confident that some of my family are SEI types. I can talk superficially with them but what I want to talk about usually goes over their head. They are intelligent as well so this is personality related rather than intellect related. I do find it irritating when family mule over past experiences for nostalgic reasons. Going back to the past to learn from it is entirely different but just getting satisfaction from the past doesn't interest me in the slightest. Most of my family are ethical types so I tend to be careful with what I say so not to offend them. However my bluntness does come through and my Mum, who I think is an EII or IEI, tells me I like to be contrarian, which I find ironic because most of the time I think I'm holding back.

    The context is talking about political beliefs in this case. I'm more concerned with what's true and what will work than just following an ideology. I get frustrated when people say let's nationalise X to solve problem Y or lets privatise X to solve problem Y when its clear their only advocating it because its implied by their ideological belief system. If theirs a good reason to nationalise it or privatise based on the considerations of the case then fair enough I'd support that action. For instance, nationalising chunks of the American health care system would be beneficial based on the evidence found in the UK. That doesn't mean I want to go on a big nationalising spree because I lust for state power over the economy, even though some on the right might portray it like that especially Republicans. I will listen to good theoretical arguments that apply to the case at hand and I do enjoy them. Theory must have its use though. Formulaic/ideological responses represents a lack of thinking on how best to tackle the problems in front of us. Based on my limited understanding that would suggest I'm more Gamma Quadra than Beta Quadra but I could be misunderstanding the theory.

  6. #6
    BandD's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    MI
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Posts
    12,331
    Mentioned
    436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yeah you really barrage others with the economic policy talk thing which I think does suggest 4D Te. Or maybe 3D Te. I can't see that being 2D or 1D Te at all.

    I still think LIE-Te is probably perfect for you. Or maybe LIE-Ni I'm not too sure on the subtype yet. But yeah though your 'aura' definitely vibes as Ixxj more than anything. I mean this is obvious. In VI wise it stands out. I still think there's something to visual identification- and if we go by that, you are definitely some sort of Ixxj type... you said before that you had a problem being assertive in the past but then your job helped you do it- I would maybe assume a ENTj would more likely be more assertive right out the gate- but they are victims in the erotic attitude things aren't they?

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
    Posts
    16
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BandD View Post
    Yeah you really barrage others with the economic policy talk thing which I think does suggest 4D Te. Or maybe 3D Te. I can't see that being 2D or 1D Te at all.

    I still think LIE-Te is probably perfect for you. Or maybe LIE-Ni I'm not too sure on the subtype yet. But yeah though your 'aura' definitely vibes as Ixxj more than anything. I mean this is obvious. In VI wise it stands out. I still think there's something to visual identification- and if we go by that, you are definitely some sort of Ixxj type... you said before that you had a problem being assertive in the past but then your job helped you do it- I would maybe assume a ENTj would more likely be more assertive right out the gate- but they are victims in the erotic attitude things aren't they?
    The assertiveness issue is a real problem which makes it really difficult getting the right type. On the one hand it looks like I'm valuing Ni and Se. The lack of assertiveness could indicate Se POLR suggesting LII or EII which would fit the IXXJ vibe. Se suggestive maybe which suggest ILI or IEI. However, there are traumatic events in my past relating to conflict in my family and bullying from my friends when really young which could play a factor. I've lived significant periods of my life under stress trying to fit in suggesting I've had to use a lot of weak and unvalued functions to get through. I've had depression and severe anxiety for most of my life. I'm taking antidepressants. Becoming comfortable with being an Se valuer has played an integral role though to not getting stressed. I do enjoy getting others to do stuff but I don't like going overboard with it and I don't have a high ceiling because I fear myself.

  8. #8
    Antidote for your soul pandemic candy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Location
    Time Traveler
    Posts
    402
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    @GarethMawer,

    Which of these two IM elements do you think you value more. Ne or Ni?

    Ne - generates new possibilities (for action). Ideas. Potential. Novelty
    Ni - generates images in the imagination. consequences of actions. guidance. aspiration

    For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life
    . -John 3:16



    Apologetics

    Stop wasting time

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
    Posts
    16
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pandemic candy View Post
    @GarethMawer,

    Which of these two IM elements do you think you value more. Ne or Ni?

    Ne - generates new possibilities (for action). Ideas. Potential. Novelty
    Ni - generates images in the imagination. consequences of actions. guidance. aspiration
    That's very difficult tbh. I'll just explain my attitudes and outlook to both.

    I always factor the consequences of my actions into the decision making process. I'm naturally cautious but I do think within reason there is grounds to be reckless. Sometimes chaos is needed but ia still like to control the chaos as much as possible. I always had aspirations toward my future self. When I was young, I knew early on what I wanted in life and I dedicated my education to ensuring I was ready to get it. I gave up relationships, etc, in order to pursue my ambitions as I thought pursuing relationships would be a distraction. I became severely depressed when this ideal of what I wanted turned out to not be what I wanted when reality hit. I do use my imagination to get in touch with my emotions, particularly anger as I don't like expressing my anger because of traumatic experiences.

    I do like novelty and potential though. I have a compulsion to buy new books, or buy the newest latest technology, or get a new subscription for an app, or try a new app out instead. I'm very good at seeing the potential of others and I like to tap into that potential to better themselves but also to better myself and whatever else I'm trying to accomplish. I'm good at generating possibilities for action at a theoretical level but I wouldn't say I particularly value that part of Ne. After a certain point I get bored talking too much about possibilities and would rather focus on what's most likely to turn out best for whatever we're trying to accomplish. Whereas I do think its important utilising people's potential. Potential that's not tapped into is a waste of resources but also denying someone else the opportunity to be the best version of themselves. We'd have a more effectively run economy if we maximised the number of people whose potential we tapped into fully. I don't like obstacles such as lack of education getting in the way from people becoming their best selves. However governments cannot do it either as the responsibility relies on the individual to change themselves for the better, but governments shouldn't allow environmental factors to get in the way.

    I also don't think people should live in permanent poverty because they've made poor decisions in the past. They should have have the opportunity to get out of poverty but they have to take responsibility at the same time. Again governments help ensure environmental factors don't get in the way when people are taking personal responsibility for sorting themselves out. If they don't take personal responsibility for the poor decisions that their fault though.

    I hope that helps.

  10. #10
    Antidote for your soul pandemic candy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Location
    Time Traveler
    Posts
    402
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GarethMawer View Post
    That's very difficult tbh. I'll just explain my attitudes and outlook to both.

    .
    Hmm, well Ni and Ne are pretty much opposing. One is convergent while the other is divergent.

    For example one individual that values Ne more may prefer jumping from idea to idea, while an individual that values Ni more may believe a well-developed understanding of a situation is of greater importance than generating potential outcomes.

    I'm not saying you can't use both or recognize their importance. Everyone uses Ne and Ni.

    I'm asking, as an overall individual, which do you actually prioritize/end up DOING more of?
    Last edited by pandemic candy; 07-12-2021 at 02:31 PM.

    For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life
    . -John 3:16



    Apologetics

    Stop wasting time

  11. #11
    BandD's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    MI
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Posts
    12,331
    Mentioned
    436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    I cannot really see IEI for you because your Te is wickedly strong. Yet it is kinda confusing because you do kind of Vi as a Fe valuer in the face. Are you really dead against on being LSI even though u say ur not a sensor?

    Sadly you were probably bullied a lot because you are a genuinely nice and good-hearted person despite having 4D Te. It's sociopathic and fucked up but bullies always go for people who are the most genuine and compassionate and helpful and 'truly good' (if there was such a thing). People suck. A lot of people were bullied on the forum though so ur not alone.

    You seem really sincere about wanting to teach others about whatever Te thing you were going on about in the video (sorry I zoned out because it's my PoLR). Sincerity is another magnet for bullies. People think certain types of traits make you most likely to get bullied- but that's the heart of the manner, as obviously even high Te str8 men get bullied sometimes a lot.

    I think either LIE or LSI. You are definitely not a F type IMNHO.

  12. #12
    BandD's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    MI
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Posts
    12,331
    Mentioned
    436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm looking for the exceptional bullies. So I can decapitate them. Not literally of course but stand up to the bully and he'll flee- he'll flee like the pathetic insecure cowardly loser he be!


  13. #13
    Adam Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Posts
    11,384
    Mentioned
    1165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi, @GarethMawer.

    Your Te is strong. You are either an LIE-Ni or an ILI-Te. It's hard for me to tell which one from the two minutes of video that I watched. I assume that the rest of it is just more of the same. Also, I couldn't hear you clearly, so I'm just going on VI. But that's enough.

    On the one hand, your Te is really fucking strong. On the other hand, you have stuffed dinosaurs on your shelf, which is Ni as hell and which no self-respecting LIE-Te would have. Also, your ceiling light is very Ni.

    I'd have to observe you for a while to determine the difference. Probably you could get at it by asking yourself if you are more comfortable leading at work, or with hiding behind a monitor. LIE vs ILI. The other way would be to approach it from the J/P dichotomy. Are you a judger and you have a plan for everything you do, or are you fine with taking things easy and letting the world carry you where ever it goes?

    People who typed you as LSI are brainless twits.

    *EDIT*
    OK, I'm back from my "Ready Fire Aim" above and I've read some of your posts and I think you are an LIE-Ni who has been well and truly fucked by living with Alphas. Get away from them, find new friends in the Gamma Quadra, and you should regain your rightful place in life.

  14. #14
    Antidote for your soul pandemic candy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Location
    Time Traveler
    Posts
    402
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Also, your ceiling light is very Ni.
    these types of assessments always make me laugh. lmao

    For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life
    . -John 3:16



    Apologetics

    Stop wasting time

  15. #15
    Adam Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Posts
    11,384
    Mentioned
    1165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pandemic candy View Post
    these types of assessments always make me laugh. lmao
    I think an EIE laughed at my comment that a picture of a person's mouth ensured that she wasn't ESI. Not everyone sees what other people see, but every fact counts.

  16. #16
    ÉL QUE SABE, SABE DEAD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Pluto
    TIM
    SLE-Se
    Posts
    542
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I think an EIE laughed at my comment that a picture of a person's mouth ensured that she wasn't ESI. Not everyone sees what other people see, but every fact counts.

    Your PFP is very whimscial, almost in another dimension. It's very Ni-Se, and the fact that the tropic breeze is blowing, and the sun is splitting the clouds and the superhero in the pic has no clue how to dress for the occasion screams PoLR Si. The way he's looking up into the sky in an almost robotic, linear motion suggests low, unvalued Fe. The fact that he is sending out Te-pheremones and scanning his environment for an ESI siren to come entertain him leaves me in no doubt that your PFP is infact an LIE-Te masterpiece.

    The devil is in the details, Adam. Every objective fact does count for something.

  17. #17

    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
    Posts
    16
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pandemic candy View Post
    Hmm, well Ni and Ne are pretty much opposing. One is convergent while the other is divergent.

    For example one individual that values Ne more may prefer jumping from idea to idea, while an individual that values Ni more may believe a well-developed understanding of a situation is of greater importance than generating potential outcomes.

    I'm not saying you can't use both or recognize their importance. Everyone uses Ne and Ni.

    I'm asking, as an overall individual, which do you actually prioritize/end up DOING more of?
    I prefer having a well developed understanding of a situation but I will generate possible outcomes to assist in doing that. I have a tendency to jump from idea to idea but only subconsciously. Consciously I stick to the same subject area. I prefer convergence but there is a strong pull to divergence. There is a conflict between the two.

  18. #18

    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
    Posts
    16
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BandD View Post
    I cannot really see IEI for you because your Te is wickedly strong. Yet it is kinda confusing because you do kind of Vi as a Fe valuer in the face. Are you really dead against on being LSI even though u say ur not a sensor?

    Sadly you were probably bullied a lot because you are a genuinely nice and good-hearted person despite having 4D Te. It's sociopathic and fucked up but bullies always go for people who are the most genuine and compassionate and helpful and 'truly good' (if there was such a thing). People suck. A lot of people were bullied on the forum though so ur not alone.

    You seem really sincere about wanting to teach others about whatever Te thing you were going on about in the video (sorry I zoned out because it's my PoLR). Sincerity is another magnet for bullies. People think certain types of traits make you most likely to get bullied- but that's the heart of the manner, as obviously even high Te str8 men get bullied sometimes a lot.

    I think either LIE or LSI. You are definitely not a F type IMNHO.
    Thank you for the very kind words.

    I don't attach too much importance to VI typing. I prefer cognitive typing because the focus is discovering how a person mind works.

    I can't see myself being an Ne POLR sensor in the slightest. I can find it irritating when others go on and on about possibilities that aren't worth thinking about, but not distressed or anything like that. I find it really easy looking at things from others perspectives, though there's obviously limitations. I can be very empathetic. I like the unknowns as well. When stressed I will stop listening to other perspectives but that's after being stressed. Considering possibilities doesn't stress me out.

    That doesn't rule out sensor but I can't see myself being LSI. The only evidence in favour is that as a child I was very rule abiding. I would follow rules in the most literal fashion. I refused to watch the Two Towers in the cinema until I was actually 12 for instance even though a couple of days wouldn't have made a difference. My current self is very different to that younger system. Now I will follow rules if they are useful or there is a good reason to follow them. I prefer creating my own rules rather than following others. I do have Autism though and the rigorous following of rules sounds very autistic.

  19. #19

    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
    Posts
    16
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Hi, @GarethMawer.

    Your Te is strong. You are either an LIE-Ni or an ILI-Te. It's hard for me to tell which one from the two minutes of video that I watched. I assume that the rest of it is just more of the same. Also, I couldn't hear you clearly, so I'm just going on VI. But that's enough.

    On the one hand, your Te is really fucking strong. On the other hand, you have stuffed dinosaurs on your shelf, which is Ni as hell and which no self-respecting LIE-Te would have. Also, your ceiling light is very Ni.

    I'd have to observe you for a while to determine the difference. Probably you could get at it by asking yourself if you are more comfortable leading at work, or with hiding behind a monitor. LIE vs ILI. The other way would be to approach it from the J/P dichotomy. Are you a judger and you have a plan for everything you do, or are you fine with taking things easy and letting the world carry you where ever it goes?

    People who typed you as LSI are brainless twits.

    *EDIT*
    OK, I'm back from my "Ready Fire Aim" above and I've read some of your posts and I think you are an LIE-Ni who has been well and truly fucked by living with Alphas. Get away from them, find new friends in the Gamma Quadra, and you should regain your rightful place in life.
    Thank you. That's an honest assessment. I prefer planning and leading but because I'm fucked I do do a lot of the alternatives but I get no satisfaction from it. It easy to be behind the scenes but I know I'm wasting away. I feel alive leading in charge.

  20. #20
    Antidote for your soul pandemic candy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Location
    Time Traveler
    Posts
    402
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    You say u prefer Ni in writing, but I'm getting the overall impression you may like to keep things open/ambiguous, which is Ne

    I'm still unsure but I'll keep observing
    Last edited by pandemic candy; 07-12-2021 at 11:13 PM.

    For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life
    . -John 3:16



    Apologetics

    Stop wasting time

  21. #21

    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
    Posts
    16
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pandemic candy View Post
    You say u prefer Ni in writing, but I'm getting the overall impression you like to keep things open/ambiguous, which is Ne

    I'm still unsure but I'll keep observing
    Could unvalued 4D Ne have that affect? Entrepreneurs need a degree of openness and ambiguity to exploit opportunities and take calculated risks others can't see. That doesn't mean they value it for the sake of openness and ambiguity though. I prefer a film ending with a definite conclusion but I can tolerate ambiguity as well. If I'm an LIE it's clear I've not engaged my mobilising function sufficiently enough throughout my life which means I should use my demonstrative a lot instead. So you would see a lot of Ne and Ni usage assuming the LIE typings are correct.

  22. #22
    Antidote for your soul pandemic candy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Location
    Time Traveler
    Posts
    402
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GarethMawer View Post
    Could unvalued 4D Ne have that affect? Entrepreneurs need a degree of openness and ambiguity to exploit opportunities and take calculated risks others can't see. That doesn't mean they value it for the sake of openness and ambiguity though. I prefer a film ending with a definite conclusion but I can tolerate ambiguity as well. If I'm an LIE it's clear I've not engaged my mobilising function sufficiently enough throughout my life which means I should use my demonstrative a lot instead. So you would see a lot of Ne and Ni usage assuming the LIE typings are correct.
    Ya it's certainly possible.

    Here's LIE's Ne:

    "LIEs are fairly good at generating all sorts of ideas during conversations on speculative ideas, but they don't take such ideas seriously and view the activity as a sort of entertaining exercise lacking in value. It is more natural for LIEs to apply their imagination and vision specifically to those areas where they are trying to achieve something than to "indulge" in thinking about things that have no relation to those areas of interest.

    LIEs can appreciate and enjoy discussions and activities connected to exploring as many hidden potentials and possibilities, and alternative scenarios, as possible in ideas, people and objects; but they tend to regard this as less serious and useful than focusing for a longer time on specific ideas and developments."
    You can clearly see the contrast between Ni and Ne above.

    For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life
    . -John 3:16



    Apologetics

    Stop wasting time

  23. #23

    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
    Posts
    16
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pandemic candy View Post
    Ya it's certainly possible.

    Here's LIE's Ne:



    You can see the contrast between Ni and Ne above.
    The first paragraph describes me really well. I do have absurdist humour in which absurd possibilities are mentioned just for jokes. Serious contemplation is more focussed on achieving something though and I'm more convergent in that state. I'm only considering what's important rather than pursuing possibilities as if they were of equal worth. The second is fairly apt as well. I do take people's potential seriously but going through a load of possibilities of what that potential is less so. I can bring up ridiculous possibilities to mock things if I get a bit peeved off but that doesn't happen often.

  24. #24
    Antidote for your soul pandemic candy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Location
    Time Traveler
    Posts
    402
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GarethMawer View Post
    The first paragraph describes me really well. I do have absurdist humour in which absurd possibilities are mentioned just for jokes. Serious contemplation is more focussed on achieving something though and I'm more convergent in that state. I'm only considering what's important rather than pursuing possibilities as if they were of equal worth. The second is fairly apt as well. I do take people's potential seriously but going through a load of possibilities of what that potential is less so. I can bring up ridiculous possibilities to mock things if I get a bit peeved off but that doesn't happen often.
    Hmm yeah that's more clear cut

    Going by that I'd choose either LIE or ILI.

    I'd still consider ILI since you've gotten that in the past, and ur energy appears introverted in the video.

    @GarethMawer

    Do you know your enneagram too by any chance?

    It would be interesting to see that as well.

    ILIs you'll see possibly a range between 4,5,6

    LIE you'll see possibly type 8
    Last edited by pandemic candy; 07-13-2021 at 04:47 PM.

    For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life
    . -John 3:16



    Apologetics

    Stop wasting time

  25. #25
    Antidote for your soul pandemic candy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Location
    Time Traveler
    Posts
    402
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Which temperament would you say u better identify yourself with?

    EJ

    • proactive
    • restless
    • difficult to relax unless tired
    • walk tends to be quick-paced and "purposeful", as well as stiff
    • "calmly energetic" with few intense variations in the level of energy during the day
    • inclined to fidget when forced to remain inactive for long periods
    IP

    • relaxed
    • go-with-the-flow
    • finds it easy to spend long periods of time in no activity, or at very low levels of energy
    • movements are flexible, unhurried
    • little inclination towards fidgetiness when having to remain inactive for longer periods
    IJ
    • calm, balanced and inert
    • "unflappable"
    • rigid but not very fast gait
    • may appear passive-aggressive
    • usually very stable mood
    • more reactive than active
    • little inclination to fidget during long periods of inactivity
    EP
    • flexible
    • mobile
    • impulsive, shifting from apparent inactivity to bursts of energy, often several times a day, showing impatience during them
    • walk is energetic but "cat-like"
    • often seems optimistic and open-minded
    • entertains people easily and naturally
    • inclined to fidget when forced to remain inactive for long periods

    For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life
    . -John 3:16



    Apologetics

    Stop wasting time

  26. #26

    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
    Posts
    16
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pandemic candy View Post
    Which temperament would you say u better identify yourself with?

    EJ


    IP

    IJ


    EP
    At work I'm EJ but at home I'm more IP.

    The traits I associate with are:


    • inclined to fidget when forced to remain inactive for long periods
    • difficult to relax unless tired (I struggle relaxing in general anyway even if I do nothing)
    • walk tends to be quick-paced and "purposeful", as well as stiff (sometimes its the opposite but that when I'm wondering aimless in life. With that fire in me I'm quick paced almost speed walking and purposeful in my stride).
    • finds it easy to spend long periods of time in no activity, or at very low levels of energy (dislikes wasting time but struggles to mobilise)
    • go-with-the-flow (though I dislike that part of me)
    • more reactive than active (I prefer being proactive but I'm usually more reactive)
    • calm, balanced and inert (Externally yes but internally I'm can be energetic)

  27. #27
    BandD's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    MI
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Posts
    12,331
    Mentioned
    436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    LIE really is the best fit I think.

  28. #28

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    13,129
    Mentioned
    1223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    @GarethMawer

    "Location United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland"

    detailed and redundant (for forums) data may point on S type
    such formalism is more expected for LSI than for SLE

    also mb linked with Ti value - the formal group with which you identify yourself. you represent yourself by formal category

    your nick has real name form. it's not abstract, not fantasy and it's close to common formal representation
    to use real names for nicks is more often for F types. in the case of T, which you seem to have, - you may show the respect to formal rules. and having more limited variety of reactions than N or P types

    examples of EIE on this forum: @Beautiful sky , @serenaeva, mb @Chae
    IEIs : @Fay , @ooo , @Aylen, mb @necrosebud
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

  29. #29

    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
    Posts
    16
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    @GarethMawer

    "Location United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland"

    detailed and redundant (for forums) data may point on S type
    such formalism is more expected for LSI than for SLE

    also mb linked with Ti value - the formal group with which you identify yourself. you represent yourself by formal category

    your nick has real name form. it's not abstract, not fantasy and it's close to common formal representation
    to use real names for nicks is more often for F types. in the case of T, which you seem to have, - you may show the respect to formal rules. and having more limited variety of reactions than N or P types

    examples of EIE on this forum: @Beautiful sky , @serenaeva, mb @Chae
    IEIs : @Fay , @ooo , @Aylen, mb @necrosebud
    Most of this is ancedontal evidence though. I do have many nicknames such as Gazmundo, The Dark Lord and Gazmataz. I just choose to use my real name.

    My issues with the LSI typing are:

    1. My Te is very prominent to the point of bombarding others. That doesn't fit with a LSI typing where Te is an ignoring function.

    2. I get flustered in sensory environments and get actively stressed out if i spend too long focussing what's happening in my environment. If working in a fast paced environment I prefer being left alone so i can focus on getting from A to B fast because its stressful and distracting having to account for where everyone is. With the assertive issues its clear both Se and Si are weak pointing to intuitive. However, when I focus on forcing the environmet to be a particular way i feel more comfortable than observing it.

    3. Ne-POLR doesn't fit.

    LSIs do not tolerate ambiguity, and so dislike abstract ideals that are not directly based on their experience. They almost invariably focus on the worst-case scenario whenever they are forced to be in an ambiguous situation. If the situation is in the future, they will expend much effort to be 100% prepared. They also tend to be very suspicious of others' intentions, being highly aware that every person is ultimately motivated by self-interest.They set clearly achievable goals, which they often reach. Failure to meet these goals causes the LSI to express anger and lose control of his emotions in the form of a seemingly childish tantrum.
    The LSI has a clearly defined set of rules that he must adhere to. Only through learning can the LSI change, and grow to understand how something could work differently than the way he imagines it in the moment.
    I do tolerate ambiguity and I do appreciate abstract ideals that aren't based on experience. My only requirement is that abstract ideals have an utility, e.g. natural and social sciences. I love engaging in theoretical matters of the natural sciences or economics. No how many angels at the end of a pin head talk unless it serves a purpose. That suggest gamma NT >> alpha NT. I can get bogged down in worst place scenarios but this isn't always the case. My ambitions tend to be over the top following the philosophy its better to try go to Mars and end up on the Moon rather than just flying across your country knowing full you would reach it. If you're setting targets you know you'll reach that's boring and it hinders personal development. You only develop if you're challenged. The last paragraph does apply to me.

    Theres elements of Ne POLR I can relate to but theres plenty I don't as well. There are times when I'm heavily impacted by my autism in which the Ne POLR does describe pretty well. The vast majority of the time that's not the case.

  30. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    576
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Gareth, im not IEI, btw. But don’t want to take this thread off topic.

  31. #31
    thistle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    256
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    @GarethMawer, your video discussion come across to me as more conceptual than explicitly detailed and specific. When you say you have "So many ideas, means by which to do it" this sounds like stronger Ne, less like LSI.

  32. #32

    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
    Posts
    16
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thistle View Post
    @GarethMawer, your video discussion come across to me as more conceptual than explicitly detailed and specific. When you say you have "So many ideas, means by which to do it" this sounds like stronger Ne, less like LSI.
    I'm pretty convinced that I'm an intuitor and logical type. At the moment I'm close to the conclusion I'm an LIE-2Ni or LIE-3Ni making it difficult to distinguish between LIE and ILI.

    I honestly can't see how I'm Ne POLR other than when my autistic tendencies get the better of me which nowadays is infrequent.

  33. #33
    Humanist Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    25,719
    Mentioned
    653 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by necrosebud View Post
    Gareth, im not IEI, btw. But don’t want to take this thread off topic.
    Ignore
    Ignore
    Ignore
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 2w1sw(1w9) helps others to live up to their own standards of what a good person is and is very behind the scenes in the process.
    Tritype 1-2-6 stacking sp/sx


    I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

    Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

  34. #34
    thistle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    256
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GarethMawer View Post
    I'm pretty convinced that I'm an intuitor and logical type. At the moment I'm close to the conclusion I'm an LIE-2Ni or LIE-3Ni making it difficult to distinguish between LIE and ILI.

    I honestly can't see how I'm Ne POLR other than when my autistic tendencies get the better of me which nowadays is infrequent.
    I agree with you on LIE but less so ILI. You don't seem to be daunted by the future and this is an attitude I find reassuring.

  35. #35
    serenaeva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    TIM
    ESI-Se 4w3 sx/sp
    Posts
    70
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    @GarethMawer

    "Location United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland"

    detailed and redundant (for forums) data may point on S type
    such formalism is more expected for LSI than for SLE

    also mb linked with Ti value - the formal group with which you identify yourself. you represent yourself by formal category

    your nick has real name form. it's not abstract, not fantasy and it's close to common formal representation
    to use real names for nicks is more often for F types. in the case of T, which you seem to have, - you may show the respect to formal rules. and having more limited variety of reactions than N or P types

    examples of EIE on this forum: @Beautiful sky , @serenaeva, mb @Chae
    IEIs : @Fay , @ooo , @Aylen, mb @necrosebud
    I'm not an EIE but alright.
    I AM YOUR HOLY TOTEM
    I AM YOUR SICK TABOO
    RADICAL AND RADIANT
    I'M YOUR NIGHTMARE COMING TRUE

    I AM YOUR WORST ENEMY
    I AM YOUR DEAREST FRIEND
    MALIGNANTLY MALEVOLENT
    I AM OF DIVINE DESCENT


    I AM YOUR UNCONSCIOUSNESS
    I AM UNRESTRAINED EXCESS
    METAMORPHIC RESTLESSNESS
    I'M YOUR UNEXPECTEDNESS

    I AM YOUR APOCALYPSE
    I AM YOUR BELIEF UNWROUGHT
    MONOLITHIC JUGGERNAUT

    STRAY BULLET
    FROM THE HEAVENS ABOVE
    STRAY BULLET
    READY OR NOT
    I'M THE ILLEGITIMATE SON OF GOD


  36. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    TIM
    LIE-Ni VLEF
    Posts
    920
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    @GarethMawer

    "Location United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland"

    detailed and redundant (for forums) data may point on S type
    such formalism is more expected for LSI than for SLE

    also mb linked with Ti value - the formal group with which you identify yourself. you represent yourself by formal category

    your nick has real name form. it's not abstract, not fantasy and it's close to common formal representation
    to use real names for nicks is more often for F types. in the case of T, which you seem to have, - you may show the respect to formal rules. and having more limited variety of reactions than N or P types

    examples of EIE on this forum: @Beautiful sky , @serenaeva, mb @Chae
    IEIs : @Fay , @ooo , @Aylen, mb @necrosebud
    Aww Sol, really upset you didn't mention me.

  37. #37
    scientist donkey BrightDemonSheep96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Executing Satanic rituals
    TIM
    ILE-H LEVF/omnibeta
    Posts
    6,743
    Mentioned
    289 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    If a person can talk to a camera for hours I'm going to label that person as a rational and Ej. Also content is about Te and future. LIE.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

     

    Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

  38. #38
    Too lazy to write much qaz00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    TIM
    SLI-Te
    Posts
    398
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrightDemonSheep96 View Post
    If a person can talk to a camera for hours I'm going to label that person as a rational and Ej. Also content is about Te and future. LIE.
    Temperament controls in what circumstances a person prefers to speak, not a length of speech. Ej are proactive, they often discuss with others and can give long explanations about situations in their environment (see Adam's stories about people). I'm Ip and I can go for days literally not speaking at all, but when someone seems interested in a topic I'm knowledgeable in I can speak for hours, grabbing data from my memory.

  39. #39
    scientist donkey BrightDemonSheep96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Executing Satanic rituals
    TIM
    ILE-H LEVF/omnibeta
    Posts
    6,743
    Mentioned
    289 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by qaz00 View Post
    Temperament controls in what circumstances a person prefers to speak, not a length of speech. Ej are proactive, they often discuss with others and can give long explanations about situations in their environment (see Adam's stories about people). I'm Ip and I can go for days literally not speaking at all, but when someone seems interested in a topic I'm knowledgeable in I can speak for hours, grabbing data from my memory.
    See, you get his mindset as dynamic person.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

     

    Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

  40. #40
    Northstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    TIM
    SLE-C 8w9 sp/sx
    Posts
    1,242
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrightDemonSheep96 View Post
    See, you get his mindset as dynamic person.
    That’s right, EJ and IP types can fluently ramble for long periods of time because it’s like spooling out a reel from memory and the revision process happens externally. EP and IJ will inevitably need to glitch and disengage to consider and revise their output, choose the right words.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •