Thread: Knowing about socionics can be isolating

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Knowing about socionics can be isolating

Basically the title. Not only is it such a niche and complex subject that most people will think you are a weirdo for spouting anything about it, it’s also a theory largely revolving around human relations which again will make you seem like a total weirdo for seeing what is supposed to be dynamic, natural and unique - human interaction, as something that is somewhat predictable and predetermined.

The closest I’ve ever got to speaking about socionics in real life is with people who are relatively well-versed in MBTI, but even then being interested in socionics demands a certain depth of knowledge which being interested in MBTI doesn’t, so most of the time it’s very surface-level conversation.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People want to know how can i use something, through how can i relate to it.

In MBTI it is job placement, not relationship placement in the west.

J is organizing externally.

P = organizing internally.

F is taking a consensus of group values and weighing in there in final decisions.

T = weighing in on facts and making an impersonal judgement outside of group sentiment.

E is you being assertive and proactive.

I = being reserved and reactive.

Then you get stats of: ISTJ is the most common type if you are a dentist. If you are an airline pilot it is ESTJ, ISTP and on down the line.

Intertype via Socion isn't in the USA brew. You''ll have to go to MBTI authors to find those stats, and here, they push against S and N pairing because stat-wise it ends up in divorce court, or at least unhappy vs N to N & S to S bonds.

Completely different takes.

Black & white is a shallow divide, division is the color that multiplies

Taking things at face value is good only for a spell

To experience is simple, to explain is divine

Hearts of stone are a dead giveaway: no movement

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by loopyclouds View Post
    Basically the title. Not only is it such a niche and complex subject that most people will think you are a weirdo for spouting anything about it, it’s also a theory largely revolving around human relations which again will make you seem like a total weirdo for seeing what is supposed to be dynamic, natural and unique - human interaction, as something that is somewhat predictable and predetermined.

The closest I’ve ever got to speaking about socionics in real life is with people who are relatively well-versed in MBTI, but even then being interested in socionics demands a certain depth of knowledge which being interested in MBTI doesn’t, so most of the time it’s very surface-level conversation.
    Of course. But you can teach a friend Socionics and you'll be less lonely. That's what I've done. I knew he was LII so I thought he might have the capability and intetest to learn it. It worked.

You can also meet people in the forum or even in real life.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I'd say that if a person actually understands it, they have to be quite actively observing people.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People take it too seriously. It's not some magical key to understand the world. There are dozens if not hundreds of subtypes, who knows how they affect the theory. It's all just nerds making theoretical assumptions about the world based on imagination really
    my ideas about socionics:

https://soziotypen.de/thoughts-on-socionics/

the section will be updated ever other month or so.

this is a VI thread with IEI examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...-(IEI-edition)

and this is a thread with EIE examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...s-EIE-examples

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's hard because people don't really want to be categorized by others. It makes people uncomfortable. I'm never mentioned Socionics, but have MBTI on multiple occasions (because that's what people usually hear about at some point). It starts with fascination and then derision because they don't like some aspect of the categorization.

For example, I know an LSE that seems to revert to ILE when relaxed/playful. And everyone in the group agreed that he is "extroverted" and could see this childlike playful nature coming out. But this LSE was (is?) divorced and has become misanthropic, so he feels "I am introverted at home" and thinks the theory is stupid. And points it out immediately if you try and discuss personality, as if to shut down any talk about it. Well...you know, eh, I said this in my first introduction post here, "this is hard to talk about". Usually type disagreements aren't actual disagreements, but disagreements on what the actual categorization is supposed to entail. And I don't know how to get people on the same page with that. Some people just obsess over it and lose the complete picture for some reason. It's like they just can't stop themselves.
    Batman is dead.

Your family thinks I'm a criminal
    TIM
    SLE-Se
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

I learn about the theory for thrills. I don’t care if anyone else knows about it, but if I want them to, I’ll just introduce them to it. I know that it’s mostly a hobby that I do by myself, and I don’t share with people.

It’s just a tool for me to try and understand systematically how I process information and how other people do it as well.

As for interactions, well ITR are a rough guide. I know that my parents (LIE and ESE) are superegos and that’s why they fight and argue, mostly but they sometimes are in agreement.

ITR are far from accurate. I’ve interacted with some IEI and we don’t see eye to eye, and I’ve interacted with some EII and we get on alright, but the general consensus is that IEI > EII, but it all depends on how well typed the person is, and the kind of information that I can extract from them.

But too much Fi and Ne, and I’m out.
    I do not suffer fools gladly.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do sometimes wish I didn't think abotu it at all/did not let it influence me and just went by my instinct/gut feeling generally idk

maybe I should attempt to try to do that more