Thread: Ni and Increased tendency for clinical depression

Hybrid View

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    663 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

For IEI specifically I think it can be important to hang around certain types to boost confidence and assertiveness. Realistically you sometimes can't just have these types in your life though- but for me it's helped. Try to find them if you can.

These include types IEIs tend to have a psychological advantage over, or it's compatible.

Other IEIs. (tbh this one probably helped the most and helped tremendously, especially when they are in a better position in life and take a liking to you. I look up to an older male IEI mentor who is in his 70s)

LIIs (beneficiary- they follow us around and can boost our confidence and help ease our depression - if you let them. Don't be afraid to be yourself around an LII- because they like Fe a lot.)

ILEs & SLEs (Mirage might be better than dual until the IEI is healthy enough. Duality will work the more IEI is truly confident and not neurotic.)

SEEs (Semi-dual... semi-dual relationships have a lot of natural affection which is helpful for IEIs. SEEs have been sweet and nice on me when I've needed it the most. Sometimes all you need is a little love, and Semi-dual relationships are quite often the most mutually loving.)

IEEs (Even though they are Deltas- the EP temperament can be compatible. They can give good advice if you learn how to just ignore them when they copy-paste Psychology Today articles too often. IEEs are often empathetic and sensitive to you even if understanding is limited.)

LSIs: Hanging around our activity partners tend to make IEIs a lot tougher, and the LSIs a lot sweeter and more big-hearted. It is usually a positive thing.

"Just get a real job and stop being a pussy" - I know it sounds harsh but I was able to become a manager at my old job because I pretended to be an EII-Ne to a LSE-Si boss. Use your IEI manipulative powers for your own advantage. The world runs on manipulation, so just get over it. If people get mad at you for being 'manipulative' let them- because nobody ever got where they were without being "Manipulative" to some degree or another. Think of Te as something that allows a person to be adaptive enough to be successful.

What helped me is also realizing I don't have to be responsible for other people's feelings. IEIs can get in the role of 'emotional tampon' too much- being lookalike to SEI. People think we care because we are often shy, sensitive, and have gone through a lot of darkness ourselves. It's pretty important to build up boundaries for this reason.

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BandD View Post
    For IEI specifically I think it can be important to hang around certain types to boost confidence and assertiveness. Realistically you sometimes can't just have these types in your life though- but for me it's helped. Try to find them if you can.

These include types IEIs tend to have a psychological advantage over, or it's compatible.

Other IEIs. (tbh this one probably helped the most and helped tremendously, especially when they are in a better position in life and take a liking to you. I look up to an older male IEI mentor who is in his 70s)

LIIs (beneficiary- they follow us around and can boost our confidence and help ease our depression - if you let them. Don't be afraid to be yourself around an LII- because they like Fe a lot.)

ILEs & SLEs (Mirage might be better than dual until the IEI is healthy enough. Duality will work the more IEI is truly confident and not neurotic.)

SEEs (Semi-dual... semi-dual relationships have a lot of natural affection which is helpful for IEIs. SEEs have been sweet and nice on me when I've needed it the most. Sometimes all you need is a little love, and Semi-dual relationships are quite often the most mutually loving.)

IEEs (Even though they are Deltas- the EP temperament can be compatible. They can give good advice if you learn how to just ignore them when they copy-paste Psychology Today articles too often. IEEs are often empathetic and sensitive to you even if understanding is limited.)

LSIs: Hanging around our activity partners tend to make IEIs a lot tougher, and the LSIs a lot sweeter and more big-hearted. It is usually a positive thing.

"Just get a real job and stop being a pussy" - I know it sounds harsh but I was able to become a manager at my old job because I pretended to be an EII-Ne to a LSE-Si boss. Use your IEI manipulative powers for your own advantage. The world runs on manipulation, so just get over it. If people get mad at you for being 'manipulative' let them- because nobody ever got where they were without being "Manipulative" to some degree or another. Think of Te as something that allows a person to be adaptive enough to be successful.

What helped me is also realizing I don't have to be responsible for other people's feelings. IEIs can get in the role of 'emotional tampon' too much- being lookalike to SEI. People think we care because we are often shy, sensitive, and have gone through a lot of darkness ourselves. It's pretty important to build up boundaries for this reason.
    Would you say there are types who tend to be psychologically unhealthy for IEI. One could assume that the types who you did not mention might be psychologically unhealthier for IEI. I'm not IEI. It'd be interesting to your take on this