Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What types have you been most romantically attracted to?

TIM
    SEI 4w5 so/sx EFVL
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i tend to like Ne bases a lot, but thats a bit obvious lol. doesnt matter if the feeling is platonic or not, im down to changing it if its their ideas.

When i was younger i tend to daydream dating LSIs too but i dont genuinely want to date them at all (lol)
    my type is someone who is stable or give me some sort of stableness so i can go and have fun and they tend to fufill that even if theyre a bit boring

generally i think IEE, ILI and ILE are pretty attractive, especially if theyre a bit more down to earth, or genuine and friendly with people around them. Other SEIs are attractive too as long as theyre willing to initiate. I wish i can meet more people of different socio types cuz i rarely see deltas and SLEs, IEIs

TIM
    EII-1Ne 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been studying sexual imprinting for a while and thinking about it in the context of visual identification. The premise of sexual imprinting is that you subconsciously look for features such as bone structure, skin/eye/hair color, and stature of the opposite (or in some cases, same) sex individuals who had the most influence over you as a child. Generally a parent but sometimes siblings, aunts/uncles, cousins, etc.

The man who had the most influence over me as a child was my identical EII-Fi grandfather, and I came to the disturbing realization that my supervisor SEE ex had many of his facial features (ex. shape of his cheekbones and eyes). My LSE-Te ex also had a few of his features, as well as his height and skin tone.

My SEE ex was smitten with his LSI-Se ex-girlfriend, who I later discovered looks like she could be his mother's daughter. However, in both of our cases, the parent and partner were not the same sociotype. Initially, I thought the pull of both relationships was only caused by the supervision dynamic - but now, I see that imprinting also had an impact.

The SEE later had a relationship with a girl I think may have been ESI-Fi (which I suspect may also be his mother's type). The shape of this girl's features were not like his mother's, but the symmetry of their faces were similar (large forehead, wide-set eyes, short chin). This girl more resembled his cousin, who I suspect is a Beta ST.

I could add more anecdotes, but my point is - I find it interesting that I am seeing people of different sociotypes with identical features, while also seeing people of the same sociotype not sharing facial features but sharing symmetry (a commonality I see in VI galleries). It makes me wonder what, and how much of a part that plays in determining the sociotypes of people we are attracted to.
    Last edited by PinKDiGiT18; 01-02-2022 at 03:49 AM.

TIM
    EII 6w7-1w9-4w3
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Long-lasting crushes that I’ve had since the 8th grade and my tentative guesses at their typings:
    • EII XC/track coach (8th-10th grade)
    • ESE classmate (8th grade)
    • EIE classmate (9th grade; as far as I know, he was the only one to like me back)
    • ESE classmate (11th-12th grade)
    • SLE XC/track teammate (11th-12th grade)

4/5 of the guys are ethical leads, 3/5 of the guys are Fe leads, and 2/5 of the guys are ESEs.
    Last edited by Dreymagine; 01-02-2022 at 04:36 AM. Reason: I had put “SLE or LSE??” for the last dude, but after some further reflection, I think he’s SLE

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kind of as predicted by socionics, ESI and LIE. SEEs are sexy and fun but there's always something off. There's some chemistry with LSIs but somehow still an emotional disconnect.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    LIE-Ni 1w2-5 SX/so
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Once I have had feelings for a LII-Ti, but that was more due to loneliness and it definitely didn't go well. All the other times I have fallen for Se-users. However, SLEs only have superficial sex appeal to me, because their tendencies towards aggression, intimidation, and obniouxness put me off greatly. With LSIs I fare better, but the conversation turns unexciting eventually, because there's no intimacy. They provide more of a vibe for just hanging out as buddies. The only two types I feel something lastingly for are SEEs and of course ESIs. SEEs are nice and fun, but they tend to have more energy than me, to the point that even I am exhausted from all the socializing and just need some alone time to get work done. I love the silent strength of ESIs, there's so much underneath their surface. At first they don't say much, but their eyes, their eyes speak of untold stories so many to behold! Such strong passion! Their eyes draw me in closer like a Siren's song and I'm unable, unwilling even, to escape their gaze.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

D-EIE-Fe 7w6 so/sx - Middle school crush that lasted for years after I switched school's and stopped seeing her. Never told her.
    N-SEI-Si 9w8 sp/sx: Girl I met online and never met IRL. We fought a lot but also had interesting conversations.
    H-ESI-Fi 2w3 sx/so: My twin flame. This happened face to face, but also went nowhere.
    H-SEE-Fi 8w9 sp/so: Another young woman I only met online. I dreamed all sort of things and set me up for dissapointment this time.
    C-ILI-Te 9w1 sx/sp: Most intense sexual attraction I've ever felt. Reciprocal limerence, which was kind of awesome. Went all in, and when the limerence was over she broke relations with me. I never even saw her (even a picture or anything).

And I'm alone now and not in the mood for romance, which makes me wonder if I've retired, or one of these past loves is going to pop up later again (only possible options). I'd rather not spend the whole of my life alone though. But I might die young/soon anyway, so perhaps that's it.
    Last edited by roger557; Yesterday at 02:55 AM.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For me it's extremely difficult to have daily business with irrational types btw. Some ILI-Te are the only exception. SLEs can also be alright. They are just too unreliable in their personal relationships (whereas for example being extremely punctual at work...)
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    ILI-H
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don’t think I’ve been attracted to many people but I think they are Ep types, mostly ILEs. But attraction towards ILEs are kinda different in a sense that I try to avoid having an objective after acknowledging the attraction. For some reason I would feel bad doing that to them.

TIM
    EII, 5w4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENFp D subtype, 3w4.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12