Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What types have you been most romantically attracted to?

TIM
    EII-1Ne 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What types have you been most romantically attracted to?

Posted in Delta cuz there’s been a shortage of new threads here, but all Quadras welcome to answer!

Goal of the thread is to see if the individuals we are, not only drawn to by appearance, but also drawn to be with romantically more or less line up with what our types are theoretically compatible with.

Mine:

LSE
    ESE
    SEI
    LSI
    SEE
    SLI

All sensory. I have always been unduly attracted to sensing types. Even when I was an MBTI addict and was spoonfed the idea that EIEs were my ideal match, I always preferred sensing types romantically. I’ve been physically attracted to a handful of EIEs and LIEs, but I could never see myself in a relationship with one of them.

What have your preferences been like?

TIM
    EII-1Ne 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by necrosebud View Post
    SLI sp/so 6 or 9
    Ooooh. Resonate with a lot of this. Curious about this SLI sp/so as I notice you are sx/so like me - how did you get along? I have a lot of trouble connecting with people of the sp/so instinctual stack. :/

TIM
    EII-1Ne 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He didn't see me that way so it never really came down to connecting with him in that way...I would generally say he kinda seemed oblivious to sx stuff but we were also only friends so it wouldn't be appropriate anyway. I feel like the girl he ended up with - another friend of mine - was possibly IEE and sx last as well. They would go on walks and chat with each other quite a bit for 3-4 years before I started seeing them holding hands/being "together." When I told him I liked him, he said he wasn't really looking for something (he wasn't in a relationship with that girl at that time, nor feelings as far as I could detect but-) and he was partly right of course, sp/so seem to value to their independence over anything else. Although I also saw it as his way of letting me down. To my knowledge, he did not date anyone other that possible IEE girl.
    Aw. It’s cool that he encountered a dual, but I’m sorry to hear it didn’t work out.

I’m not going to lie - sp/so Delta STs drive me crazy. sp/so in general is cool and competent, but interaction feels like a chronic conflict of interest.

However, I really have never felt as “at home” with people as I have with sp/sx Delta STs. They really are such a wonderful, earthy grounding force.

TIM
    EII-1Ne 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What about them drives you crazy?

im definitely attracted to sp though looking at the pattern lol. Although I’m still not sure exactly what it is I find attractive. They can take care of something I’m not very good at? Not sure
    Yess. Sp-lead is cool, just sp/so tend to be too straightforward and crude in how they communicate for me. No filter, is maybe one way to put it.

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PinKDiGiT18 View Post
    Yess. Sp-lead is cool, just sp/so tend to be too straightforward and crude in how they communicate for me. No filter, is maybe one way to put it.
    Hey PinKDiGiT18! do you mind going into detail about this a little bit? I am a Sp lead, but, I have been struggling with if I am either Sp/so or Sp/sx. What you wrote about them tending to be too straightforward and crude has me intrigued and I would love to get your view on it.

TIM
    EII-1Ne 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MissDucki View Post
    Hey PinKDiGiT18! do you mind going into detail about this a little bit? I am a Sp lead, but, I have been struggling with if I am either Sp/so or Sp/sx. What you wrote about them tending to be too straightforward and crude has me intrigued and I would love to get your view on it.
    Yeah! So I’ve got a bunch of sp/so family members, and a quality I think I have observed in all of them has been this: the things they are passionate about are very clearly designated. Their energy is always evenly divided into the interests their sp has acquired, and they never lose their self-control or sense of measure to pursue one specific object of passion. They can respond sharply and with bluntness to people who either try to disrupt their installations, or who seem to have none of their own. When I approach an sp/so with an sx desire to foster more intimacy, they immediately respond with something along the lines of “okay. Can you do this sp thing now?” Sp/sx values stability over all else, but they can still be susceptible to the draw of their sx impulses and allow them to affect how they pursue their sp comforts. I think of sp/so as the instinctual stacking that gladly keeps the same habits, impressions, and surroundings for the longest period of time. Sp/sx is a bit more inclined to “refreshing” changes of impression and levels of passion/interest.
    Last edited by PinKDiGiT18; 07-11-2021 at 01:00 AM.

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah! So I’ve got a bunch of sp/so family members, and a quality I think I have observed in all of them has been this: the things they are passionate about are very clearly designated. Their energy is always evenly divided into the interests their sp has acquired, and they never lose their self-control or sense of measure to pursue one specific object of passion. They can respond sharply and with bluntness to people who try to either disrupt their installations, or who seem to have none of their own. When I approach an sp/so with an sx desire to be more intimate, they immediately respond something along the lines of “okay. Can you do this sp thing now?” Sp/sx values stability over all else, but they can still be susceptible to the draw of their sx impulses and allow them to affect how they pursue their sp comforts. I think of sp/so as the instinctual stacking that gladly keeps the same habits, impressions, and surroundings for the longest period of time. Sp/sx is a bit more inclined to “refreshing” changes of impression and levels of passion/interest.
    Thank you so much. I really appreciate you taking the time to write this. I really liked you explanation. I think I am going to go with Sp/sx for now then. As I seem to relate to it more. Though, if I ever seem to show Sp/so, dont be afraid to holla lol.

TIM
    EII-1Ne 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MissDucki View Post
    Thank you so much. I really appreciate you taking the time to write this. I really liked you explanation. I think I am going to go with Sp/sx for now then. As I seem to relate to it more. Though, if I ever seem to show Sp/so, dont be afraid to holla lol.
    Of course! I could see sp/sx for you, but whether you’re sp/sx or sp/so I very much enjoy reading your posts!

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of course! I could see sp/sx for you, but whether you’re sp/sx or sp/so I very much enjoy reading your posts!

Thank you! And the same goes from me to you!

TIM
    EII-Ne Sx/So 479
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What types have you been most romantically attracted to?
    Gamma SF surprisingly often, IEE and LSE as well

TIM
    EII-1Ne 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Karbonkel View Post
    Gamma SF surprisingly often, IEE and LSE as well
    Gamma SFs used to be my kryptonite as well - never thought I would get over my SEE ex. That Fi connection is dangerous. Falling for Delta STs has more or less immunized me to them now, though.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I think about it deeply,SLE and SLI, I've not met SEI's that I'm aware of. I'd ask @Adamstrange about his son if I were younger...
    The mind is restless and difficult to restrain, but it is subdued by practice

-Krishna

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For me there's different flavors of romantic attraction, and it's relatively rare that I'm physically attracted to anyone. However, it's overall been sensors, with the occasional LIE, though whenever I get closer to LIEs I realize the physical disconnect so I guess that's not really romantic attraction. With them I usually just really enjoy being in their company, especially the more Te they lean. Our conversations can be great. Unfortunately, LIEs like to wander more than I'd prefer and it takes more work than I'm usually up for to keep them close, even as friends. That's probably for the best, though it is a little aggravating. (Expat and even @Adam Strange are examples of LIEs that I'm "attracted" to in that sense. I find it very easy to get along with both of them, even when we have disagreements.)

On average, ESEs seem to have physically attracted me the most. SLEs from a distance, too. Of course, any degree of closeness with a SLE and the attraction quickly drops for me, heh. SEIs have been appealing to me, too, though in a more "comfy" way than ESEs, oddly. I feel physically very happy with SEIs, but it's more like sinking into a warm bath than sexually exciting.

Of the few people that I've felt very physically attracted to in their presence, two have been ESEs, one SEI, and one LSE.

Obviously the expectation is that LSEs are The Best Thing Ever, and I do think that overall they hit all the important pieces of romantic attraction for me, especially long term. But they're less initially exciting, usually, than a couple of other types. And for awhile I had a hard time spotting them. Also, sometimes their behavior, especially if they're immature or acting out, can be very off-putting.

As for SLIs, they can be attractive but also confusing, lol. Like... are you interested or not? Do you even acknowledge my existence? I like their physicality and practicality, and they can be loyal friends once you make it in, but to me they're also oddly unreliable in some ways. And getting into their circle of "I actually care about you - mostly" can be more work and take more time than I have available.

SEEs can be attractive, but also scary. We are alike enough to connect on some levels, but I don't actually feel comfortable having them close long. I need to feel some level of comfort and safety.

LSIs and ESIs can be stunningly beautiful but not attractive to me.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1550 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

What?

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I observe no disagreement lol.

(Wanderers are not my type, to reiterate a point on the original topic.)
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1550 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    I observe no disagreement lol.

(Wanderers are not my type, to reiterate a point on the original topic.)

I don't think I actually wander. If ignored, though, I tend to drift.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I don't think I actually wander. If ignored, though, I tend to drift.
    Ok, yes, that makes sense. Ej Ni.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You guys seem to be speaking your own language that I do not entirely understand

Just interesting to notice differences in how Fi-Te dualizes in people.
    Oh that is interesting! I know it might be hard to pinpoint, but I'd be curious if you can articulate the disconnect in this case.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everything starting with the video response haha
    what did you mean by you “observe no disagreement”?

if you don’t mind me asking.
    I didn’t decode Adam’s video response. Yes I looked up the lyrics lol.
    I don't mind at all.

His reply seemed like a lighthearted response to my accusation that LIEs wander. The lyrics themselves seemed kind of to describe Adam's youthful behavior, though I think the motives of that writer vs his are different. I didn't interpret as anything very deep, just a friendly reaction to my poke. (Most "serious" quadra people, particularly the rationals, seem to have at least a small aversion to seeing themselves as flighty, unreliable, inconsistent, etc. They might act like that, but generally it isn't "who they want to be.")

My response to that was two-fold: first a similarly lighthearted prod to expound if he wanted and second a reassurance that he doesn't need to be afraid of romantic entanglement with me, because I know he's expressed caution about that in a general sense regarding any member of this forum. I have an ease of communication with him, but he's safe. Even if he isn't *actually* a wanderer. I'm not sure if that's even a concern, but it seemed harmless to express it. Establishing relations and all that.

He followed up with a clarification, as I expected, as good/friendly Te's do. Then I fit the new data into my understanding / framework.

I didn't actually think all this through as concretely as that though at the time. But that's more or less what happened from my perspective. What do you think, @Adam Strange? It's also possible I entirely misinterpreted things.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1550 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I don't mind at all.

His reply seemed like a lighthearted response to my accusation that LIEs wander. The lyrics themselves seemed kind of to describe Adam's youthful behavior, though I think the motives of that writer vs his are different. I didn't interpret as anything very deep, just a friendly reaction to my poke. (Most "serious" quadra people, particularly the rationals, seem to have at least a small aversion to seeing themselves as flighty, unreliable, inconsistent, etc. They might act like that, but generally it isn't "who they want to be.")

My response to that was two-fold: first a similarly lighthearted prod to expound if he wanted and second a reassurance that he doesn't need to be afraid of romantic entanglement with me, because I know he's expressed caution about that in a general sense regarding any member of this forum. I have an ease of communication with him, but he's safe. Even if he isn't *actually* a wanderer. I'm not sure if that's even a concern, but it seemed harmless to express it. Establishing relations and all that.

He followed up with a clarification, as I expected, as good/friendly Te's do. Then I fit the new data into my understanding / framework.

I didn't actually think all this through as concretely as that though at the time. But that's more or less what happened from my perspective. What do you think, @Adam Strange? It's also possible I entirely misinterpreted things.
    @Minde, the exchange was pretty simple from my standpoint.

You said that LIEs like to wander more than you prefer.

I posted a song about wandering, and said "What? (is wrong with that?)" Because, yes, LIEs are not as faithful as LSEs and I agree with that. But that's part of what makes us LIEs and not LSEs.

You said that you observed that I didn't disagree with your assessment, and I don't.

But I thought about the label of "wanderer" and decided that it wasn't precisely what I do, and then stated that I actually drift, not wander.

You then said (I assume this is what you meant) that drifting is an EJ with Ni characteristic. I think it probably is.

Incidentally, I have repeatedly said that I'm not dating anyone on the forum, because romantic entanglements would distort the pure intertype interactions that I'm trying to understand, so yes, everyone here on the forum is safe from my predations. Even BandD.

TIM
    EII-1Ne 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because, yes, LIEs are not as faithful as LSEs and I agree with that. But that's part of what makes us LIEs and not LSEs.
    Why is this?

Truth be told, sometimes I feel a greater level of discomfort around LIEs than SLEs, for reasons detailed pretty well in the description of semi-dual relations on this site. We get each other at first, and then it becomes disorienting later on.

One thing I've perceived which I think might explain that is the concept of evaluatory functions. SLEs and EIIs are conflictors, but share evaluatory functions (all 4D and 1D functions) and thus judgments made on them are pretty set in stone. The judgments we each make may not agree in the least, but still are more or less concrete judgments.

LIEs and EIIs share only two evaluatory functions - Te and Fi. What feels unsettling in my interaction with LIEs is the fact that they do not have evaluatory Se and Ni. LSEs may make fun of Se when interacting with others, but when you look at how their lives are organized in general, their Se affairs are always comprehensive and "finished", which gives me a sense of security. LIEs use Se in a more flexible way, which is subject to the creative manipulations of ESI. I think the creative Ni-Se (i.e. Victim/Aggressor) dynamic might beget more open approaches to relationships - and the close psychological distance between semi-duals can make differences like this feel quite vulnerable. Who knows - this flexibility is also what makes LIE-ESI duality seem magical, seductive, and having all these qualities that I'd like in romance theoretically - but in reality, perhaps not so much.
    Last edited by PinKDiGiT18; 07-16-2021 at 01:53 AM.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You then said (I assume this is what you meant) that drifting is an EJ with Ni characteristic. I think it probably is.
    Well, I meant more that the stability comes from Ej (mainly the judging) and Ni is the more variable part, which as you said distinguishes you from LSE.

Incidentally, I have repeatedly said that I'm not dating anyone on the forum, because romantic entanglements would distort the pure intertype interactions that I'm trying to understand, so yes, everyone here on the forum is safe from my predations. Even BandD.
    Lol, no, I meant you were safe from me. I'm not afraid of you. I'm sure BnD is relieved, though.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

If by the adverb "romantically", you refer to being attracted in exciting and mysterious ways that seems to have no concrete rationale then I've had no particular preference. The attractions were animalistic and had more to do with physical attributes. My longer-term relationships tended to have many more practical elements. I've been far more of a loyal provider than a romantic, which is perhaps why I've had so many failed relationships.

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    EII-1Ne 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    If by the adverb "romantically", you refer to being attracted in exciting and mysterious ways that seems to have no concrete rationale then I've had no particular preference. The attractions were animalistic and had more to do with physical attributes. My longer-term relationships tended to have many more practical elements. I've been far more of a loyal provider than a romantic, which is perhaps why I've had so many failed relationships.

a.k.a. I/O
    By romantically, I meant attraction that extended beyond physical appeal, that also touches on perceived qualities in the person you'd like in a relationship. Pure animalistic attraction would alter a few things in my own list.

Banned
    TIM
    IEE-Ne cp684 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only SEI, SLI and ILI. I dig that Ip passive adaptive vibe.

EJs are a big turn off (just chill pls), IP get boring and rigid and EPs are too superficial.

TIM
    ESFp-Fi 7w8 Sp/Sx
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For me there's different flavors of romantic attraction, and it's relatively rare that I'm physically attracted to anyone. However, it's overall been sensors, with the occasional LIE, though whenever I get closer to LIEs I realize the physical disconnect so I guess that's not really romantic attraction. With them I usually just really enjoy being in their company, especially the more Te they lean. Our conversations can be great. Unfortunately, LIEs like to wander more than I'd prefer and it takes more work than I'm usually up for to keep them close, even as friends. That's probably for the best, though it is a little aggravating. (Expat and even @Adam Strange are examples of LIEs that I'm "attracted" to in that sense. I find it very easy to get along with both of them, even when we have disagreements.)

On average, ESEs seem to have physically attracted me the most. SLEs from a distance, too. Of course, any degree of closeness with a SLE and the attraction quickly drops for me, heh. SEIs have been appealing to me, too, though in a more "comfy" way than ESEs, oddly. I feel physically very happy with SEIs, but it's more like sinking into a warm bath than sexually exciting.

Of the few people that I've felt very physically attracted to in their presence, two have been ESEs, one SEI, and one LSE.

Obviously the expectation is that LSEs are The Best Thing Ever, and I do think that overall they hit all the important pieces of romantic attraction for me, especially long term. But they're less initially exciting, usually, than a couple of other types. And for awhile I had a hard time spotting them. Also, sometimes their behavior, especially if they're immature or acting out, can be very off-putting.

As for SLIs, they can be attractive but also confusing, lol. Like... are you interested or not? Do you even acknowledge my existence? I like their physicality and practicality, and they can be loyal friends once you make it in, but to me they're also oddly unreliable in some ways. And getting into their circle of "I actually care about you - mostly" can be more work and take more time than I have available.

SEEs can be attractive, but also scary. We are alike enough to connect on some levels, but I don't actually feel comfortable having them close long. I need to feel some level of comfort and safety.

LSIs and ESIs can be stunningly beautiful but not attractive to me.

Hahahahahaha Scary In what way?

TIM
    ESI-H 936 Sp
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILE
    Fe-egos
    EII

Landlord of the Dog and Duck Subteigh's Avatar
    TIM
    RLOAI, maybe
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Probably tending to be ENXX types these days, but I initially found the austere and elusive quality of IXXJ temperament types attractive. Sometimes people say nothing because they are not inclined to do so, while others say nothing because they have nothing to say. While some speak and yet say nothing etc.

TIM
    ILI - H/C 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Averroes View Post
    ILE
    Fe-egos
    EII
    An ESI comment in a Delta topic that he/she feel attracted to his/her conflictor ILE. It's fucking weird, did I miss something?

Fuck this toxic snake pit Fluffy Princess Unicorn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Moharu View Post
    An ESI comment in a Delta topic that he/she feel attracted to his/her conflictor ILE. It's fucking weird, did I miss something?
    Maybe you missed that intertype relations aren't everything? Lol

TIM
    EII 4w3 Sx/sp
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEEs are so sexy, fuck. Magnetic, even.
    IEEs plus the difference between SEEs and IEEs is long-term the attraction develops into great conversations, growth and comfort while for SEEs it gets a bit awkward/uncomfortable
    SEIs may be attractive from a distance but it's a comforting aura vs sexual/electric
    "Rigid" types such as LSE SLE ESI and LSI can give off that masculine aura plus mystery because they're so focused and decisive but it quickly wanes

C-EII-INFj 4w3 Sx/sp 479

TIM
    ESI-H 936 Sp
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Moharu View Post
    I didn’t notice what section it was in. As for the latter point, idk, they’re often pretty cute and put-together and there's something about their energy and facial expressions that I find appealing superficially
    Last edited by Averroes; 11-09-2021 at 12:05 AM.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1550 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Averroes View Post
    I didn’t notice what section it was in. As for the latter point, idk, they’re often pretty cute and put-together and there's something about their energy and facial expressions that I find appealing superficially

I agree with this. I met a cute female ILE at the teller window and she seemed bright and fun. She seemed to like me, too. Of course, our interaction lasted under five minutes, so there really wasn't time for things to go seriously wrong. Not that I thought they would; female ILEs seem much more normal than male ILEs, some of whom seem abrasive and aggressive.

Riley and Bunny together forever HicksHawking RedVsGold's Avatar
    Macroverse MtBattle ScholarsGarden Halloween1993 SuperNexus InfinitiesUltimate AllSpectraEverywhere
    TIM
    RayquazaRaichuArceus
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEIs trade my post cards for the white water clarity of a pure spring of emotions that can be very mirroring of my own self reflected escape rope of picturing fantasy in a birdhouse.
    Raptor was Lugia through Erling Haaland Riley Halloween in 2023 vs Inter Milan, showing journals of impossible dialogues and colosseums of grand altitudes shocking pinch torrent gel and flash arcing clockwork folly and ageless triumph holding fuses of collections. Raptor defeated Sauron in 2006 by stopping Zidane Zapdos Zarathustra Tesla, ideas of oasis healing gifting sacred gems and envelopes of highlight stealth picturing raiment of claymores and seawater caliber psychic birds
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...k-2024-edition

TIM
    SEI 4w5 so/sx EFVL
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i tend to like Ne bases a lot, but thats a bit obvious lol. doesnt matter if the feeling is platonic or not, im down to changing it if its their ideas.

When i was younger i tend to daydream dating LSIs too but i dont genuinely want to date them at all (lol)
    my type is someone who is stable or give me some sort of stableness so i can go and have fun and they tend to fufill that even if theyre a bit boring

generally i think IEE, ILI and ILE are pretty attractive, especially if theyre a bit more down to earth, or genuine and friendly with people around them. Other SEIs are attractive too as long as theyre willing to initiate. I wish i can meet more people of different socio types cuz i rarely see deltas and SLEs, IEIs

TIM
    EII-1Ne 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been studying sexual imprinting for a while and thinking about it in the context of visual identification. The premise of sexual imprinting is that you subconsciously look for features such as bone structure, skin/eye/hair color, and stature of the opposite (or in some cases, same) sex individuals who had the most influence over you as a child. Generally a parent but sometimes siblings, aunts/uncles, cousins, etc.

The man who had the most influence over me as a child was my identical EII-Fi grandfather, and I came to the disturbing realization that my supervisor SEE ex had many of his facial features (ex. shape of his cheekbones and eyes). My LSE-Te ex also had a few of his features, as well as his height and skin tone.

My SEE ex was smitten with his LSI-Se ex-girlfriend, who I later discovered looks like she could be his mother's daughter. However, in both of our cases, the parent and partner were not the same sociotype. Initially, I thought the pull of both relationships was only caused by the supervision dynamic - but now, I see that imprinting also had an impact.

The SEE later had a relationship with a girl I think may have been ESI-Fi (which I suspect may also be his mother's type). The shape of this girl's features were not like his mother's, but the symmetry of their faces were similar (large forehead, wide-set eyes, short chin). This girl more resembled his cousin, who I suspect is a Beta ST.

I could add more anecdotes, but my point is - I find it interesting that I am seeing people of different sociotypes with identical features, while also seeing people of the same sociotype not sharing facial features but sharing symmetry (a commonality I see in VI galleries). It makes me wonder what, and how much of a part that plays in determining the sociotypes of people we are attracted to.
    Last edited by PinKDiGiT18; 01-02-2022 at 02:49 AM.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kind of as predicted by socionics, ESI and LIE. SEEs are sexy and fun but there's always something off. There's some chemistry with LSIs but somehow still an emotional disconnect.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Psychology BSc and statistics MSc Armitage's Avatar
    TIM
    LIE-Ni 2w1-5 SX/so
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Once I have had feelings for a LII-Ti, but that was more due to loneliness and it definitely didn't go well. All the other times I have fallen for Se-users. However, SLEs only have superficial sex appeal to me, because their tendencies towards aggression, intimidation, and obniouxness put me off greatly. With LSIs I fare better, but the conversation turns unexciting eventually, because there's no intimacy. They provide more of a vibe for just hanging out as buddies. The only two types I feel something lastingly for are SEEs and of course ESIs. SEEs are nice and fun, but they tend to have more energy than me, to the point that even I am exhausted from all the socializing and just need some alone time to get work done. I love the silent strength of ESIs, there's so much underneath their surface. At first they don't say much, but their eyes, their eyes speak of untold stories so many to behold! Such strong passion! Their eyes draw me in closer like a Siren's song and I'm unable, unwilling even, to escape their gaze.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

D-EIE-Fe 7w6 so/sx - Middle school crush that lasted for years after I switched school's and stopped seeing her. Never told her.
    N-SEI-Si 9w8 sp/sx: Girl I met online and never met IRL. We fought a lot but also had interesting conversations.
    H-ESI-Fi 2w3 sx/so: My twin flame. This happened face to face, but also went nowhere.
    H-SEE-Fi 8w9 sp/so: Another young woman I only met online. I dreamed all sort of things and set me up for dissapointment this time.
    C-ILI-Te 9w1 sx/sp: Most intense sexual attraction I've ever felt. Reciprocal limerence, which was kind of awesome. Went all in, and when the limerence was over she broke relations with me. I never even saw her (even a picture or anything).

And I'm alone now and not in the mood for romance, which makes me wonder if I've retired, or one of these past loves is going to pop up later again (only possible options). I'd rather not spend the whole of my life alone though. But I might die young/soon anyway, so perhaps that's it.
    Last edited by roger557; 01-22-2022 at 01:55 AM.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For me it's extremely difficult to have daily business with irrational types btw. Some ILI-Te are the only exception. SLEs can also be alright. They are just too unreliable in their personal relationships (whereas for example being extremely punctual at work...)
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast