Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sometimes intuition is just plain crap

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default sometimes intuition is just plain crap

Really folks... don't trust your intuition all the time... sometimes it is just plain wrong. Sometimes we make connections that aren't really there.... Please stop acting as if your intuition is infallable I mean really come on. To all the people making outlandish claims about people being ridiculous types learn to trust your other functions... really. Remember Gandalf the Grey is not an ESFj because he invited the dwarves to Bilbo's house for tea lol. So leave the intuition at home and take the other functions out for a stroll they need to get out and have a good time too. Most importantly don't use intuition when you have almost no information about a person/thing or you'll most certainly be wrong. Have a good day though lol (:

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hell, if anything my intuition made me late for class and work and stuff like all of the time. I would keep getting hunches to do stuff and lose track of time. So yeah, intuition is not one of the greatest gifts God had bestowed upon man unless used wisely.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: sometimes intuition is just plain crap

Good point

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: sometimes intuition is just plain crap

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro-the-Lion
    Really folks... don't trust your intuition all the time... sometimes it is just plain wrong. Sometimes we make connections that aren't really there.... Please stop acting as if your intuition is infallable I mean really come on. To all the people making outlandish claims about people being ridiculous types learn to trust your other functions... really. Remember Gandalf the Grey is not an ESFj because he invited the dwarves to Bilbo's house for tea lol. So leave the intuition at home and take the other functions out for a stroll they need to get out and have a good time too. Most importantly don't use intuition when you have almost no information about a person/thing or you'll most certainly be wrong. Have a good day though lol (:
    YES!! Thank you Pedro! This is one of the reasons why I think we need to take in input from others. And sensors have their problems, too, it's just the other way around.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

//

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NFp-
    Pedro, what or rather who made you post this?

I've been wrong before but that's not gonna stop me from using any time.

Just kidding. Yes I realize that and have their limits.

Teach me how to develop .
    I think problems with N are solved with a more developed S. Either that, or you need input from other people.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

According to my observation, your N develops at the cost of S. And vice versa. If you have an extreme N you have no S at all.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, N is developed at the cost of S, that's just the way it goes; one inhibits the other.

Creepy-

fdgd

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

N does in fact screws up your S.... I've crashed cars 6 times in 5 years... (and I've to say i'm quite a careful driver...) get 2hs late to work every day... can't read my own handwriting nor walk 10 steps without bumping into something... I fall off climbing ladders at work... I forget when i'm hungry (sounds fun but it's true).. and when I finally noticed and I'm eating my drink never misses my clothes, can't afford to survive 5 minutes without losing my lighter and my cigarrettes everywhere and I get lost on my 1dorm apartament... and my wife gets lost looking for me thereafter too (we identicals)...
    yeah.. N CAN be a serious life limiting asset... And I have 0 pride for that..

Screwed human brain should work ok with all functions... we should develop brain-modding to enable SMP on N-S... I'll pay in gold for a decent pair of hands.
    Balzac

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This conclusion leads one to wonder: are those whom are more focused on their second function equally more focused on their hidden agenda due to an increased defieciency(Sp) in its functioning?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MysticSonic
    This conclusion leads one to wonder: are those whom are more focused on their second function equally more focused on their hidden agenda due to an increased defieciency(Sp) in its functioning?
    Well, if I was right in my socionics-brain conversion then the anser would apear to be yes. If an ENTP is stong in the front right brain, then that is where their dominta function is. That would mean that their dual-seeking function would be in the back right brain. Now, an ENTPs creativity is through their left brain. The stongest part of their left brain is the back, inanimate part (thinking), but that would mean their hidden agenda is in the front, left brain. If an ENTP focuses more on his creative funtion (Ti), then he would be using the same side of the brain that his hidden agenda is on. This may also be why creative-subtypes can apear to be like their mirrors.

^^ This is just my theory.

EDIT:

Let me explain this further. ExxP's are dominant in the in the right forebrain. I believe there are two functions that are centered in this area, Ne and Se. An ENTP favors Ne over Se, which would make their Se rather weak. This is because Ne clouds Se, because it is in the same region. This is why an ENTPs dual-seeking is Si. Si and Ni and in the right back brain. Since an ENTP is conifident with their Ne, they don't care too much for Ni (they can use it but don't need it). This is why an ENTP is seeking out Si, to compensate for the Se and because there is no conflict in that part of the brain (HINT: ISxPs are stong in this part of the brain). The same concept applies to the left hemisphere, only this is your creative brain and not your dominant brain.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You mean the secondary function inclined subtype? One would get tempted to think also that in a way that the point of least resistance is even -least- resistant too for those, and that the hidden agenda's unconscious attempt of correction would become more demanding for that cause too.
    (I'm intuitive subtype...)

This also offers a lead to the conclusion that "1st function subtypes have more -balanced- personalities".

I'm tempted to follow on rocky's neurological deductions but I guess I need to review the BT conclusions again to do so... Reading it makes pretty much sense.
    Balzac

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Koneko
    You mean the secondary function inclined subtype? One would get tempted to think also that in a way that the point of least resistance is even -least- resistant too for those, and that the hidden agenda's unconscious attempt of correction would become more demanding for that cause too.

This also offers a lead to the conclusion that "1st function subtypes have more -balanced- personalities".
    You are just right...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It just works that way :-)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm tempted to follow on rocky's neurological deductions but I guess I need to review the BT conclusions again to do so...
    I took what I knew BTI found out about strengths of the brain and applied Socionics functions to it, and they seem to fit. This would also explain WHY we have Dual-seeking and Hidden Agenda functions.

As for an INFJ, you are supposively strong in the back and left brain. In socionics, your dominant function is Fi. And from studies I've heard it is VERY likely that feeling is in the left brain (at least the center of it). So, if you are a feeler in the front brain, it is Fe, if you are a feeler in the back brain, you are Fi.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So maybe I should replace my ISFp woman with ESFj, hmm..

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From what I'm quickly reading off you and the braintypes page right now, basically this is the brain hypothesis that blinds dichotomies of the same sign by topological demands? And your most activity is supposedly located on the quadrant that fits your two favorite first and last letters?

.....Left(J) Right(P)
    -----------------------------
    | Te-Fe | Ne-Se | Front(E)
    | Ti-Fi | Ni-Si | Back(I)

If that's it... Then my dual seeking is on the front of my main hemisphere (left) as well and my hidden agenda is on the back of the right (secondary) one?

*koneko kicks evil tabs of this editor =_=*
    Balzac

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From what I'm quickly reading off you and the braintypes page right now, basically this is the brain hypothesis that blinds dichotomies of the same sign by topological demands? And your most activity is supposedly located on the quadrant that fits your two favorite first and last letters?

.....Left(J) Right(P)
    | Te-Fe | Ne-Se | Front(E)
    | Ti-Fi | Ni-Si | Back(I)

If that's it... Then my dual seeking is on the front of my main hemisphere (left) as well and my hidden agenda is on the back of the right (secondary) one?

*koneko kicks evil tabs of this editor =_=*
    Exactly.

Like I said, the dual-seeking and hidden agenda come from the fact that you need to balance out your functions. Fi clouds Ti, because it is in the same region. Ne blocks out Se because it is in the same region. You can accept Te and Si because they do NOT conflict with your strong functions.

Also, your PoLR is what it means. It is in your secondary, creative brain AND is overshadowed by your strong function so it truley is the last (concious) function you would use.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dunno but I have seen a lot of wacky crazy "intuitions" that we should all trust because of course all intuitions are sacred. It wasn't an attack against anyone in particular it just seemed like it needed to be said.

Teach me how to develop
    Try to think of things in a completely non-responsive way. Think of something that is EXTREMELY important to you and think of that thing from the perspective of the other person w/o experiencing a reaction to it. Just see if the conclusion flows from the premises. Here is an example of EXTREME INTjness from when I was a child and a close family friend died.

My thought process:

Me: I can't believe he's dead...

Me #2: Why not, everyone dies?

Me: Yeah but he was my friend, shouldn't I feel sad?

Me #2: Let's think of this impartially. What would you feel if someone unimportant to you died?

Me: Nothing I guess.

Me #2: And is the value of your friend's life greater than that of any other person that dies?

Me: Of course not, what do you think I am an idiot?

Me #2: Then why feel bad for your friend dying and feel nothing for everyone else who dies? It is UNJUST to treat your friend any differently than you treat everyone else so you SHOULDN'T feel anything for him that wouldn't be fair. The only other option is for you to feel the same amount of grief when ANYONE dies as you do now.

Me: Well that is impossible. I can't feel anything for people I don't know.

Me #2: Exactly so don't think you have to feel anything.

/me extracts any emotional response to friend's death whatsoever.

You must understand that it isn't really an "inner dialogue" like I put it here because it isn't a emotive/word oriented process but I had to put it in a way that can be translated or else I would be unable to relate it.

Basically I had this reaction:

Friend dead = hurt.
    Other people dead = not hurt.
    All people = equal.
    If all people are equal than grief for death of one person must = grief for death of anyone.
    Since deathof many = less grief than death of one response to death of one is unjust.
    /supresses emotion

That is what it means to be INTj *bleak grin*.

Oh by the way I don't think intuition comes at the price of sensing necessarily.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Oh by the way I don't think intuition comes at the price of sensing necessarily."

Yes, but this is DEFINATELY what I have observed, although I can't be entirely certain what I've observed it entirely correctly and in a sufficiently impartial manner.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ROFL, that's cute.

My silogysms would have had the very same intrinsic logic just that the premises taking for granted that the emotion couldn't be changed.

There's emotion
    Person dead = hurt.
    Other persons's death = not hurt.

If all people are equal than grief for death of one person must = grief for death of anyone.

=> All people = not equal.

If all people are just as equal as I want then grief for death of one person can = be greater than grief for death of anyone.

Since deathof many = less grief than death of one I care about response to death of one is unjust.

=> I'm unjust and I don't care

/me patz emotion

Who of both is more evil... I can't tell That's unleashed~~
    Balzac

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Learn how to develop functions w/o suppressing the other functions Mystic. It can be done... and it is a very good thing.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

By the way, this very thread is an example of insane intuitions one after another ^^;; That as nicely as we drunk intuitiors manage to learn the lesson it seems...
    Balzac

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

By the way, this very thread is an example of insane intuitions one after another ^^;; That as nicely as we drunk intuitiors manage to learn the lesson it seems...
    Lol, I guess some of that is directed at me. But my theory does make a lot of logical sense, and is back by SOME empirical studies. If I am right, it explains a lot of why we do things and where the functions come from. This would explain concious/subconsious, strong/weak, dual-seeking, ect...
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    Lol, I guess some of that is directed at me. But my theory does make a lot of logical sense, and is back by SOME empirical studies. If I am right, it explains a lot of why we do things and where the functions come from. This would explain concious/subconsious, strong/weak, dual-seeking, ect...
    Yeap, it DOES makes a lot of sense, and seems to explain the nature of dichotomies quite well.... what still doesn't makes it to me is why exactly is it so flexibly possible to switch between functions of Ego, Superego, ID and SuperID so happily around the brain. It's superbly hard to be cool at thinking -that- much of a difference can take place on a biological processor. Making it much more general-purpose than I would believe using common sense. It all makes sense and still fisiologically sounds inocent somehow... how's that possible to "change focus" starting technically from everywhere you want...

But since it does... I'll be taking this last theory as very possible nonetheless...
    Balzac

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what still doesn't makes it to me is why exactly is it so flexibly possible to switch between functions of Ego, Superego, ID and SuperID so happily around the brain.
    You lost me here. I don't think it's easy to switch from your ego to your superego functions. Actually, I think it is fairly difficult to use your superego functions because they are "covered" up by your ego functions. Does this make sense to you?
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Learn how to develop functions w/o suppressing the other functions Mystic. It can be done... and it is a very good thing."

I suppose this is one integral part of pyschological health?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Learn how to develop functions w/o suppressing the other functions Mystic. It can be done... and it is a very good thing."

I suppose this is one integral part of pyschological health?
    BTW, how did you do this? Do you try to develop your weak, consious functions? Or do you balance it out with dual-seeking and hidden agenda? I used to think it was the latter. If it is the concious ones, wouldn't they conflict with your strong ones?
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah Pedro, who made you post this? My intuition fails me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default 'S' and 'N' can be done.

Learn how to develop functions w/o suppressing the other functions Mystic. It can be done... and it is a very good thing.
    I agree! I usually score as an ("extreme") 'N' and most of my friends agree that Intuition fits my persona more than Sensory. But despite that Physical education has been a really good subject for me, and I love to draw (especially anime ). I think it's because both my parents are pretty athletic themselves, and introduced me to sports early on in life. Although, lots of people say my techniques are weird. I hate when people criticize my unorthodox abilities, I mean, if you get the points how does it matter whether getting it is the "right" or the "wrong" way? I don't mean this unviversally, just when it comes to skills in sports.

Oh well, I guess that is a price to pay, heh.
    Ceci n'est pas une eii.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: 'S' and 'N' can be done.

Quote Originally Posted by The Greeter
    I agree! I usually score as an ("extreme") 'N' and most of my friends agree that Intuition fits my persona more than Sensory. But despite that Physical education has been a really good subject for me, and I love to draw (especially anime ). I think it's because both my parents are pretty athletic themselves, and introduced me to sports early on in life. Although, lots of people say my techniques are weird. I hate when people criticize my unorthodox abilities, I mean, if you get the points how does it matter whether getting it is the "right" or the "wrong" way? I don't mean this unviversally, just when it comes to skills in sports.

Oh well, I guess that is a price to pay, heh.
    What's your type? I think that relates more to IxxP types.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default My type, err.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky

What's your type? I think that relates more to IxxP types.
    Truthfully I'm not even sure what my type is. There is two things that I am almost certain I am, Introverted, and iNtuitive. The rest are all a blur. Of course I'm always doubting everything so it's hard for me to type myself. I actually came to this forum hoping to find my type by seeing who I relate to so on and so forth. I want to know more about Socionics before I come up with any conclusion.

Anyway, how does what I described on my previous post relate to IXXp's?
    Ceci n'est pas une eii.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: My type, err.

INxP's more exactly, as long as you're sure you're introverted.
    Maybe he's talking about the fact INxJ are -dumber- than INxP on movements because their reasoning is just as mechanical as their motor skills. xxxJ are tue stable, and xxxP are adaptive. So that the latter can still manage to move a little by correcting themselves all the time The BrainTypes page made suggestions on this too.

INFp perhaps?
    Balzac

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe he's talking about the fact INxJ are -dumber- than INxP on movements because their reasoning is just as mechanical as their motor skills. xxxJ are tue stable, and xxxP are adaptive. So that the latter can still manage to move a little by correcting themselves all the time The BrainTypes page made suggestions on this too.

INFp perhaps?
    Yeah, I was going to say INFP, too. And Js are considered to have more body "control" and Ps have more body "rythm". But besides the athletic part, art and music and is more associated with being IxxP. There are plenty of INFPs here and for some reason you remind me of Transigent.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

True. Many INFp's around give us an example of how does their writing tastes like I'd go even further on delirium and think P/J is -just- the difference between his Hotohori avatar and mine too . Looks like a avatar somehow. Scatterbrained, emotive, but as if an next episode of data is missing when you look at it. Mine instead begins and ends on its own. I wouldn't feel confortable posting with -his- avatar. ^^... go INFp, yeah
    Balzac

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://forum.socionix.com

I don't see what's so important about the possibility of extraterrestrial life. It's just more people to declare war on.

EVERYONE PLZ CONTINUE TO UPLOAD INFINITE AMOUNT OF PICS OF "CUTE" CATS AND PUPPIES. YOU KNOW WE GIVE A SHIT!!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting, deciding type by avatar. Could you tell I was an INTp from mine?
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is exactly the kind of stuff that inspired this post >.<

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Athletic prowess, and my Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by All quotes by Koneko
    Maybe he's talking about the fact INxJ are -dumber- than INxP on movements because their reasoning is just as mechanical as their motor skills. xxxJ are tue stable, and xxxP are adaptive. So that the latter can still manage to move a little by correcting themselves all the time
    You might have a point about the P's are more adaptable. But on the other hand, my sister is an XNTj (more introverted than extravted so I guess 'I') is also very athletic. Unless for for some reason she is an exception, I'm not sure that IXXp's necessarily have more athletic capabilties than IXXj.

The BrainTypes page made suggestions on this too.
    I know even less about BrainTypes than Socionics, I'll look into it.

True. Many INFp's around give us an example of how does their writing tastes like I'd go even further on delirium and think P/J is -just- the difference between his Hotohori avatar and mine too . Looks like a avatar somehow. Scatterbrained, emotive, but as if an next episode of data is missing when you look at it. Mine instead begins and ends on its own. I wouldn't feel confortable posting with -his- avatar. ^^... go INFp, yeah
    Okay before I go anywhere, my avatar is not Hotohori!! It's a character in my head that I drew on paper. But I must say he does look like that Suzaku Seishi (probably because I had to make the original image wayyy smaller, heh). I wanted to put him on there just because (this was actually inspired by you Koneko), I wanted a mix of reality and fantasy (it was originally just going to be the ray of light that I thought was kind of like a greeting to some place...) Anyway, I'm not going to get into detail about my avatar, I like to see how people interpret it. .

Hey, I had fun replying to your posts Koneko.
    Ceci n'est pas une eii.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast