Thread: Is Ne or Se a more talkative function?

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Is Ne or Se a more talkative function?

My take is Ne can go on tangents, extending conversations through the abstract. With Se, itself, ain't really as talkative like Ne. *Shrugs*

What say you? Is Se or Ne the more talkative function?

Edit...For the purposes of this discussion, Fe & Te won't be a part of it

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Neither. Irrational functions are not verbal. Probably relates to activation what environment triggers.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BrightDemonSheep96 View Post
    Neither. Irrational functions are not verbal. Probably relates to activation what environment triggers.
    According to Model A, the Ego functions are verbal

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stray Cat View Post
    My take is Ne can go on tangents, extending conversations through the abstract. With Se, itself, ain't really as talkative like Ne.
    Which function is weaker for you - the harder to find about what to talk. And valueing may help.

you may make a typing video

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

According to Model A, the Ego functions are verbal
    I don't see the reason behind it. If you can not logic or feel through it then how the hell you can formulate stuff same with other way around meaning if you live in void of mental activation it would just mean a very poor insight.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't see the reason behind it. If you can not logic or feel through it then how the hell you can formulate stuff same with other way around meaning if you live in void of mental activation it would just mean a very poor insight.

Not every form of communication requires rationalization. Some things are perceived & don't require any further interpretation.

This is a socionics article which briefly describes the difference between irrational and rational

https://www.sedecology.com/articles/...mation-Domains

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ne, Fe, Te
    ・゚*✧ 𝓘 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓅𝓉 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝓘 𝒹𝑜 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓋𝑒 ✧*:・゚

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Not every form of communication requires rationalization. Some things are perceived & don't require any further interpretation.

This is a socionics article which briefly describes the difference between irrational and rational

https://www.sedecology.com/articles/...mation-Domains
    But if you see for example a bird you can not say a bird without categorizing it...
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

N and S refer to input while "talk" is output; however, input does stimulate talk. S-types are by far the majority so I would think that they would be more likely to find people with similar perspectives; many N-types often bite their tongues because their views tend to have a higher likelihood of not being accepted - unless they're secure enough in themselves to not give a crap. Hence, Se-types would probably appear more talkative to most people although this would be a faulty perspective.

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    EII-1Ne 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ne. All day.

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But if you see for example a bird you can not say a bird without categorizing it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    N and S refer to input while "talk" is output; however, input does stimulate talk. S-types are by far the majority so I would think that they would be more likely to find people with similar perspectives; many N-types often bite their tongues because their views tend to have a higher likelihood of not being accepted - unless they're secure enough in themselves to not give a crap. Hence, Se-types would probably appear more talkative to most people although this would be a faulty perspective.

a.k.a. I/O
    So yeah, these two responses are why Ne would talk more than Se.

If one read the article I posted closely, it basically relays the difference between Se, Ne & why you Ne types would have more to say.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have the impression Se talks slower and take more time to "show" what they mean with physical emphasis, while Ne's more mental stuff and will require more words to get it out.
    Tho, upbringing plays. If you're discouraged from a young age to talk, you'll talk less either way in everyday settings.

TIM
    ILE-De
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talkativeness has less to do with specific functions and just general introversion vs. extroversion. If an SLE is more extroverted than an EIE, than they'll be more talkative.

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baqer View Post
    Talkativeness has less to do with specific functions and just general introversion vs. extroversion. If an SLE is more extroverted than an EIE, than they'll be more talkative.
    I agree. Ne talks more. (Nothing wrong with Ne talkin' more, btw)

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flowers and sugar View Post
    I have the impression Se talks slower and take more time to "show" what they mean with physical emphasis, while Ne's more mental stuff and will require more words to get it out.
    Tho, upbringing plays. If you're discouraged from a young age to talk, you'll talk less either way in everyday settings.
    Ni matters

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ni matters
    whatcha mean?

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Ne is definitely more talkative. Most Ne-egos I know are very social and will just kind of narcissistically rant about everything and anything- changing topics on a whim etc. Some are better at maintaining a focus point of conversation though but Ne is gonna Ne.

Se-egos can even be kind of shy, they are duals or semi-duals with IEI after all. SEEs often have this type of sweetness & shyness that I relate to and like a lot... SLE maybe not so much, but they are more blunt, direct and forceful and aren't as likely to go on and on about something.

I'm talking about 'real life' not online btw. With over 12,000 posts in this Hell Forum and my flamboyant nature I doubt I come off very 'shy' at all lol but IRL it's different.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I love what the internet did for shy/social phobic people though. We can be Carrie always ovulating and unleashing our rage at the prom lolol.

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

whatcha mean?
    I write a message then Ni says the same thing in a different way. The Ni way might sit with others better than my Se way.

Quote Originally Posted by BandD View Post
    Ne is definitely more talkative. Most Ne-egos I know are very social and will just kind of narcissistically rant about everything and anything- changing topics on a whim etc. Some are better at maintaining a focus point of conversation though but Ne is gonna Ne.

Se-egos can even be kind of shy, they are duals or semi-duals with IEI after all. SEEs often have this type of sweetness & shyness that I relate to and like a lot... SLE maybe not so much, but they are more blunt, direct and forceful and aren't as likely to go on and on about something.
    Interesting. If Se is shy it's cause of Snowflake Society. When zombies eventually wake up they'll be begging Sales to be the natural jerks we are.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I write a message then Ni says the same thing in a different way. The Ni way might sit with others better than my Se way.
    Oh, I see. Makes sense, I guess that's why Ni types are here for, helping the Se type get their way by adjusting words considering a bunch of past context to get the most touching/efficient effect. Does that bother you?
    Taking everything that was said and summarizing is a thing I do, tends to have a good impact's true. Feels like having no opinion tho, lol.

TIM
    IEI-Fe(C)
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If it were Se then Beta would have the complex of closed mouth

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, I see. Makes sense, I guess that's why Ni types are here for, helping the Se type get their way by adjusting words considering a bunch of past context to get the most touching/efficient effect. Does that bother you?
    Taking everything that was said and summarizing is a thing I do, tends to have a good impact's true. Feels like having no opinion tho, lol.
    Nah. You're smart & use discernment. Folk like yourself bring decent things to discussion. Trust yourself.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nah. You're smart & use discernment. Folk like yourself bring decent things to discussion. Trust yourself.
    That's the most encouraging thing I was ever told. It means a lot, thank you.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm ILE and my brother is SLE. I asked my daughter "Who is more talkie? Me or my brother?
    My daughter says I am more talkative. BUT I swear my brother is better at talking to strangers than I am.
    The mind is restless and difficult to restrain, but it is subdued by practice

-Krishna

TIM
    SLI 5w6
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hard to say. I've seen leads of either type who talk and talk and talk. But neither lead function neccisiates chronic verbal diarrhea.

Banned
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In terms of fighting,

Ne will find all sorts of different/unique ways to attack their opponent. This could involve taking some aspect of the other person and taking stabs in some sort of vague and open way (which could turn out to be true or untrue).

Whereas Se will focus on leveraging power in whatever way they can to gain an advantage over their opponent (using the people around, volume, intensity, impact, will etc)
    Last edited by peteronfireee2; 07-18-2021 at 06:18 PM.