Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How would you describe yourself?

Default How would you describe yourself?

The title is up for interpretation.
    I was thinking about the different ways people describe themselves(and stuff in general) and how it could be linked to type.
    So, go on, tell us what it is you think best describe you and if you think it matches or clashes with your type.

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At the job, I'm a bull in a china shop

In nature, I'm a feral cat

Socially, I'm a bear in that I listen, growl, do charity then go into f'ing hibernation.

Banned
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still figuring out who I am, and enneagram esp I’ve never felt the need to take it as real without understanding if any of the type apply to my core self and I haven’t come to a conclusion yet. And some general traits that prob be repeated by others wrt themselves lol, so it’s nothing new - gentle, intelligent, empathetic for the most part unless I can’t trust my own perception (unfortunately my whole life it has been undermined some way or another, and I’m just realizing I need not have been “wrong” per se all along - that it wasn’t that simple. I can sense he likes this “friend” he keeps talking about, even though he tried to get psychologically intimate with me - my friends literally don’t see it or believe “because he said something else in text messages” I show to them. He tells me he doesn’t have feelings for her even though I can feel he does. And here I am questioning if I’m just seeing things out of jealousy. Just an example.
    another good one has been callousness/lack of empathy even though I use as many words or figurative way to way to explain how much pain I am in, because people cannot “relate”; even going so far as treating me like I’m intentionally trying to be annoying or underhanded. This is how my “concept of self” developed. But there are people who have been kind to me even if a bit befuddled sometimes.)

jeez I went on a long explanation for that trait…
    um I’ll leave it here I guess maybe add more another time.

im purposely not trying to think about my type(s) but it was also unavoidable at times.

TIM
    SEI-Fe 9w1
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mostly quiet, in the background and according to the people close to me: A hermit.
    SEI-Fe • 9w1 • Sp/Sx • EVFL • Normalizing •

Banned
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shy, quiet, introspective, internally very emotional/passionate, sweet/endearing (there’s this very specific “look” I see people in general give me), open-minded, but also stubborn sometimes. “Complex” or not easily understood at first glance but some do come around to it and begin to understand me pretty well. Hard on self (?)

For now, perhaps temp, very loner-ish because I’ve sort of given up on close relationships. Very little will traumatize me too wrt to attachment trauma bc either I’ve already been through it or heard horror stories from other people which means I kind of “lived it” slightly within myself in that moment. Out of empathy. Other perhaps temporary qualities might include slight gullibility/suggestibility due to the same reason in my previous post (weakened sense of self due to inaccurate mirroring from many close to me).

but yeah anyways, it has turned me cynical.

sad. Inexpressive, likely some flat affect and both psych dx I have are correlated with reduced emotional expression.

pretty strong on basic ethics or values I have. I don’t like complicated relationships; I want clarity and honesty. Complicated as in playing games ex: riling up jealousy, keeping something in this twilight land of friendship/romance and being “coy” or surreptitious about how much of the latter is really there. Victim/aggressor games. Part of what makes me fall in love is someone utterly honest and transparent (to me; without words). With integrity.

Leonardo Bonucci Bunny Nietzsche Lukas Nmecha RaptorWizard XD001's Avatar
    Robin Gosens Germany Latvia Lugia 7-1 Nets
    TIM
    SolitaryWalker Zang
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Force, charm, gravity, stargazing, luminous, exalted
    EagleFangKarate (webstarts.com)
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...logy-articles)
    Kara (the16types.info)
    I was always a very playful and fun loving Meganium, wishful, flowing, bright, cheerful, exuberant, passionate, loving, caring, sweet, misery refined, elegant, growing, evolving, magical, evanescent, silver wise, crowned, elevated, euphoric, stunning, rapture clad, dreamy, blissful, blizzarding, aura musical, resonant, vibrant, exquisite, luster robed, but ultimately, through rare Wartortle wisdom, I became Lugia/Bunny
    ​Father Crow/Ho-Oh is God, invincible, immortal, eternal, everlasting, salvation, auroras, glitter, fragrance, sparkle, zap, psycho boosted, enigmatic, unleashed, ultimate, archaic, dinosaur

Antidote for your soul pandemic candy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

God's child

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life
    . -John 3:16

Apologetics

Stop wasting time

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Shy, perverted, ethical, loving, insightful, intelligent, ambivalent, optimistic (the sun to inumbra's moon), anxious, insecure, diplomatic (libra rising + IEI), powerful, authoritative, domineering, bright, bitchy, shiny, a weird mix of boldness & caution

TIM
    IEI-Fe, 4w3 so/sx
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A clumsy, hyper, but easily embarrassed English teacher weeb who can't decide if I'd rather LARP as a hippy shaman or a combat paramedic so I've ended up with two VERY different friend groups I hang out with lol

In social situations I have this weird dichotomy of really wanting to be the center of attention, but also am incredibly paranoid about what others think of me, and this tends to result in my acting the comedian or just being extremely dramatic somehow and then immediately regretting whatever bold move I made and trying to redirect attention elsewhere. My interpersonal life is like this constant battle between being super private and then suddenly oversharing with some poor unsuspecting friend then later deeply regretting putting them through that and wishing I could delete their memory
    猫が生き甲斐

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AWellArmedCat View Post
    A clumsy, hyper, but easily embarrassed English teacher weeb who can't decide if I'd rather LARP as a hippy shaman or a combat paramedic so I've ended up with two VERY different friend groups I hang out with lol

In social situations I have this weird dichotomy of really wanting to be the center of attention, but also am incredibly paranoid about what others think of me, and this tends to result in my acting the comedian or just being extremely dramatic somehow and then immediately regretting whatever bold move I made and trying to redirect attention elsewhere. My interpersonal life is like this constant battle between being super private and then suddenly oversharing with some poor unsuspecting friend then later deeply regretting putting them through that and wishing I could delete their memory
    time to put on ur big boy pants

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life

Apologetics

Stop wasting time

TIM
    IEI-Fe, 4w3 so/sx
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pandemic candy View Post
    time to put on ur big boy pants

I'm a cat. Haven't I mentioned that? I have no need for pants
    猫が生き甲斐

TIM
    SEI-Fe 6w7 Sp/sx
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would describe myself as anxious, shy, charismatic, paranoid, fearful, bold, friendly, warm, funny, creative, introverted, sensual, reserved, awkward, intelligent, timid, adventurous, stir-crazy, caring, good with my hands, and just totally myself.

I know there is a couple of contradictions lol. That's the type 6 in me. You get both, just depends on the situation.

TIM
    IEI 417
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flowers and sugar View Post
    The title is up for interpretation.
    I was thinking about the different ways people describe themselves(and stuff in general) and how it could be linked to type.
    So, go on, tell us what it is you think best describe you and if you think it matches or clashes with your type.
    When people ask, I usually word-vomit traits like "reflective" "silly" "creative" "idealistic" "tenacious" "dramatic"
    Once I asked my LII brother to describe me and he gave a lot of non-personality characteristics such as "likes to draw" but he's never been the type to think deeply about himself and others

Google badass lone wolf quotes MrInternet42069's Avatar
    TIM
    ESI sx/sp
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Super cool and handsome

TIM
    ESI sx/sp
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm one sexy beast

TIM
    ESI sx/sp
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man I'm sexy, shit's beautiful

scientist donkey BrightDemonSheep96's Avatar
    TIM
    ILE-H LEVF/omnibeta
    Mentioned
    289 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Bit unusual, divorced from common sense and values...
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

One decision away from moral bankruptcy.

All. The. Time.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    238 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatte View Post
    When people ask, I usually word-vomit traits like "reflective" "silly" "creative" "idealistic" "tenacious" "dramatic"
    Once I asked my LII brother to describe me and he gave a lot of non-personality characteristics such as "likes to draw" but he's never been the type to think deeply about himself and others
    I wonder if that’s type-related. I would struggle doing this with anyone else, and even more with myself. If I try to think about how I’d describe myself, a white void comes to mind.

In some college class I was asked to describe myself or my identity in a few words. I froze up and I don’t think I managed to say anything; just kept stuttering and saying “I don’t know.” I’ve often tried to think about that. I still don’t know how I’d answer that/this type of question, and it’s not comfortable to think about for long.
    Last edited by FreelancePoliceman; 07-06-2021 at 01:15 AM.
    φιλοκαλοῦμέν τε γὰρ μετ᾽ εὐτελείας καὶ φιλοσοφοῦμεν ἄνευ μαλακίας.

It’s hard to translate this literally and poetically into English, but this is my attempt at a translation: “For we love beauty, that we attain good ends thereby, and we love wisdom, though not in a way that makes us soft, nor that causes us to value weakness.”

TIM
    IEI-Fe, 4w3 so/sx
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@FreelancePoliceman Well, Fi would be your Role function, so I think that makes sense
    猫が生き甲斐

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I wake up everyday a different person, having sacrificed consistency for what looked like truth (and therefore authenticity) at the time.

I could write a 1000 pages on the topic and not cover everything(not really, I'm too lazy for this). It's daunting to me if I don't know what kind of information the person is looking for.
    Traits people generaly associate with me, something symbolical, a physical description since we're online, preferences, line of action, titles... there's so many things that can describe a person, and sometimes, the most telling part isn't even what is being described but how. Yeah, that is overthinking it.
    Tell me what you want and I may have an answer for you.

One thing I think matters is that my favorite color is actually green.

TIM
    IEI 417
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One thing I think matters is that my favorite color is actually green.
    Did you know that in painting, there is a "Green Problem"?
    http://gurneyjourney.blogspot.com/20...n-problem.html

For some reason, purely green paintings are just ugly. But paintings that are purely another color aren't, so that's weird.
    Painters find that they have to introduce other colors or undertones to the color to a green composition in order to make it visually appealing.

I definitely agree, but boy is green beautiful in settings other than paintings.

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatte View Post
    Did you know that in painting, there is a "Green Problem"?
    http://gurneyjourney.blogspot.com/20...n-problem.html

For some reason, purely green paintings are just ugly. But paintings that are purely another color aren't, so that's weird.
    Painters find that they have to introduce other colors or undertones to the color to a green composition in order to make it visually appealing.

I definitely agree, but boy is green beautiful in settings other than paintings.
    Interesting. I didn't know, but I can see that.
    I sometimes paint and green really isn't amongst my choices.
    The only reason I can see is how full of life green is and then, the paint looks dead.
    I find it alright in impressionism tho, I guess here's something in the movement, the fastness of execution that gives it more life. idk.
    Color's an interesting topic.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Interesting. I didn't know, but I can see that.
    I sometimes paint and green really isn't amongst my choices.
    The only reason I can see is how full of life green is and then, the paint looks dead.
    I find it alright in impressionism tho, I guess here's something in the movement, the fastness of execution that gives it more life. idk.
    Color's an interesting topic.
    Green is the only color that looks warm in the winter and cool in the summer.

Cool it with the anti-Grenitic remarks bucko! Grendel's Avatar
    TIM
    Dark and cruel
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

something that fell forever from its glory

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I appreciate each color in the spectrum (Roy G. Biv). Each tends to put me in a particular mood. A sheet of paper of apure color is pretty ace.

I've discussed with others that colors have meaning but sometimes people are stupid & use it justify social hierarchy. Otherwise, color probably plays a role in country flags

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stray Cat View Post
    I appreciate each color in the spectrum (Roy G. Biv). Each tends to put me in a particular mood. A sheet of paper of apure color is pretty ace.

I've discussed with others that colors have meaning but sometimes people are stupid & use it justify social hierarchy. Otherwise, color probably plays a role in country flags
    Lets be honest now, u ain't fooling anyone with ur catnip

Apologetics

Stop wasting time

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lets be honest now, u ain't fooling anyone with ur catnip
    I'd rather drink then date a girl like you. Just sayin

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    238 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've discussed with others that colors have meaning but sometimes people are stupid & use it justify social hierarchy.
    What meaning do you see in colors?
    φιλοκαλοῦμέν τε γὰρ μετ᾽ εὐτελείας καὶ φιλοσοφοῦμεν ἄνευ μαλακίας.

It’s hard to translate this literally and poetically into English, but this is my attempt at a translation: “For we love beauty, that we attain good ends thereby, and we love wisdom, though not in a way that makes us soft, nor that causes us to value weakness.”

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    My guess it's a matter of personal association.

Red could be passion ...
    Blue could be freedom
    Green could be prosperity..
    Orange could be "excitement"...

Sometimes I'll stare at a color cause, at that moment, perhaps that's the mood I prefer.

Red could be passion ...
    Blue could be freedom

Sometimes I'll stare at a color cause, at that moment, perhaps that's the mood I prefer.
    Blue as freedom is something I had never heard, nice.

There's both cultural and personal sides to colors, red in Vietnam is about luck, here it's passion, danger, impulse. Red is a color that supposedly makes people want to buy stuff, orange is supposed to increase apetite(not only for food) in what I was taught in school. Tho personaly, orange and red leave me indifferent, but green can look awfully attractive so much I swear seeing it tastes something, idk what but it's alluring to say the least.
    The word "alluring" is also very green to me.
    Colors can do a lot to one's mood.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Uninvolved.

TIM
    SLE-C 8w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red could be passion ...
    Blue could be freedom

Maybe you guys are actually duals?

TIM
    Tentatively SLI
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tired, lazy, loves cats, likes tobacco, rum, kratom, and the beach. I enjoy solitude and carbs.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red could be passion ...
    Blue could be freedom

Apologetics

Stop wasting time

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Northstar View Post
    @Stray Cat is an LII masquerading as an SLE

Apologetics

Stop wasting time

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Northstar View Post
    No

You shouldn't acknowledge me unless you'd like cat advice. If you're gay, that's cool. I'm not

I'm not LII. I'm just not

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No

You shouldn't acknowledge me unless you'd like cat advice If you're gay, that's cool. I'm not.
    Se-PoLR

Very infantile-like reactions <3

Apologetics

Stop wasting time

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Se-PoLR

Very infantile-like reactions <3
    In other words, you're a drama loving ESE & you're jealous I'm SLE. K.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast