Thread: Self supplying your DS function

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Self supplying your DS function

According to model G, Gulenko believes a person has adequate energy dedicated to the dual-seeking function. If true then, despite the DS function being 1D, a person has the energy to use it.

My Ni is 1D but the energy I have for Ni has helped me to self supply. Basically the goal is to avoid being needy for the DS. Maybe it's the liquor & I'm just really drunk.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stray Cat View Post
    According to model G, Gulenko believes a person has adequate energy dedicated to the dual-seeking function. If true then, despite the DS function being 1D, a person has the energy to use it.

My Ni is 1D but the energy I have for Ni has helped me to self supply. Basically the goal is to avoid being needy for the DS. Maybe it's the liquor & I'm just really drunk.

Lol. I spent ten years being really drunk and I can attest that it suppresses the need for the DS. All I wanted to do was to get into bar fights and smash up vehicles. Not exactly Fi-seeking.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

So it means like LXE's womanize dates in order to get into contact (to establish a relation), EXE will push your buttons to think, IXE will spend their days thinking about how to relax and not being piggy and succeeding in one corner of their house, SXE will jump on path to the greatest transformation getting into a dark tunnel.... so yeah what ever you consider to be an asset.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Music does it, though its music I'm not inclined to play around friends.

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by one View Post
    I don’t think I can do it well. I can try but the answers come very slowly
    I hear ya. My only real point to this to not be needy. IF a person is needy for their DS, they' won't discern if they befriend a manipulative dual or semi-dual.

If a person has the energy for their DS they' can take their time & self supply at their own pace.

Quote Originally Posted by thistle View Post
    Strange timing. I got called out on Te at work today: asking "help, what would you do?" for a case that fell outside of several parameters.

I could conjure up routes to take but they were equally risky. There have been misses and resulting angry people on the phone, so I wanted to avoid a repeat.

My boss said "Why don't you first draft an email of the steps you would take, and send that to us so we can tweak it - doing so may improve your confidence"

To be less needy for my DS function, I need to independently devise steps to carry out an activity that is new to me. Not work related, but within my own interests
    The key would be to not get so hung up on a perfect order of steps, the prerequisites. Most importantly: choose, then trust events to unfold.

The DS function is difficult to pull off without templates...

Have you noticed acts that balance your Se, and self-supply Ni, @Stray Cat?
    Yeah. My religious faith does awesome stuff. Se is an external function that acts on the external world. I watch animals for a living. When they do dum shit, dumb shit happens eventually. When they do good shit, good shit happens eventually. Sometimes with them, the results are reversed & it'll be mixed bag. I have the energy to keep watching 'em though

If Te is your DS, my bet is you have the enthusiasm & energy to be cool at Te. Another Fi-dom might reply with their own opinion on this

TIM
    ILE-De
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know a decent amount of you guys seem to have a pretty decent grasp on your DS, but i know personally i suck at it about as much as I suck at my polr, the only difference is that i have no interest in doing anything with Si. I have horrible handwriting and will simply eat and drink whenever I remember or I'm very hungry/thirsty, and those are things which I feel would be a waste of time to care about or try to change.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Stray Cat, your response about being watchful (and I presume lenient) with the animals you care for makes sense to me. There's always the first assessment but with repeat exposure to scenarios, you pick up on a cycle of events. You said sometimes they happen in reverse. That's how I understand Ni: from a distance, it observes repetitions until the repetitions "tell" something.

My description needs work, sorry. Ni musings seem to be born out of nothing at all, like magic.

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thistle View Post
    @Stray Cat, your response about being watchful (and I presume lenient) with the animals you care for makes sense to me. There's always the first assessment but with repeat exposure to scenarios, you pick up on a cycle of events. You said sometimes they happen in reverse. That's how I understand Ni: from a distance, it observes repetitions until the repetitions "tell" something.

My description needs work, sorry. Ni musings seem to be born out of nothing at all, like magic.
    Yeah I don't blame you for your assessment. I don't understand Fi to the point I could describe it. If I did, the description would likely offend Fi-doms which wouldn't be my intention.

For the rec, your description of Ni was pretty decent

TIM
    IEI-Fe-DCh so/sx
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sadly, I think I'm not capable of self-supplying at all. oh well. I'm not needy of it all but that's because I'm focusing on other things, I guess.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m not really sure if I’m capable of supplying it for myself? I mean new ideas and such I can just use Google or something but I’m not really desperate for my dual seeking function. I prefer good Ti with some Te flavor over Ne.

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Static Minds View Post
    I’m not really sure if I’m capable of supplying it for myself? I mean new ideas and such I can just use Google or something but I’m not really desperate for my dual seeking function. I prefer good Ti with some Te flavor over Ne.
    Exactly. You're who I would call a well-balanced SEI. You have 1D Ne and, as evident with your preference for logic, seem to be entertaining yourself relatively well with your own Ne. It's not about being great at the DS, but about being truly good enough at it in your own eyes.

The energy model suggests that the HA function has the lowest energy. This means a person will tire from using it despite liking it.

TIM
    IEI-Fe(C)
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even if I try hard, Se from myself is still crappy Se. Optimally, I need 4D Se, not crappy Se.
    I'll also never be able purify Se from Ni like a Se ego does. Too deeply entrenched in Ni.

Basically the goal is to avoid being needy for the DS.
    Yeah I think the same way because I currently don't have much beta ST in my life. I used to and do have it occasionally, so I know how much easier it is when someone else supplies it.
    Ultimately, I can't help but to be aware of 1) how much I fall short 2) how it's both a need and a want (even if I stop needing it from others due to strong self-supply, I'll still want it)

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatte View Post
    Even if I try hard, Se from myself is still crappy Se. Optimally, I need 4D Se, not crappy Se.
    I'll also never be able purify Se from Ni like a Se ego does. Too deeply entrenched in Ni.

Yeah I think the same way because I currently don't have much beta ST in my life. I used to and do have it occasionally, so I know how much easier it is when someone else supplies it.
    Ultimately, I can't help but to be aware of 1) how much I fall short 2) how it's both a need and a want (even if I stop needing it from others due to strong self-supply, I'll still want it)
    Interesting. I have IEI bosses at the job. Here's an example of how it convos are...

IEI chick says with concern, "My mail is at the post office!"

I say, "Cool. Sounds fun" (I literally grab my keys & jet to the door)

IEI chick says, "It's snowing, gas pumps aren't working, there's a riot outside & I hear that a tiger escaped from a zoo and..."

I say, "I don't give a f*ck about any of that sh*t. That mail will be in your hands in 15 minutes"

TIM
    IEI-Fe(C)
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting. I have IEI bosses at the job. Here's an example of how it convos are...

IEI chick says with concern, "My mail is at the post office!"

I say, "Cool. Sounds fun" (I literally grab my keys & jet to the door)
    Yes yes
    SLE vs LSI-- LSI doesn't have the level of immediate instinctive bodily reaction i like

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’ve been in Fe-fatigued states where I tried to push it out of others. But I don’t think that’s good and try to avoid doing that.

I’m in a sleep-deprived state right now, so this is difficult to explain, but what I appreciate about Fe is a feeling of softness, kindness, tolerance. Spontaneous genuine emotional expression that isn’t rooted in self-interest or calculation. This softens certain ways I express myself and feel. Even if I don’t express Fe myself I try to keep this “softened” attitude toward others — I try to be tolerant and nonjudgemental, responsive, open to talk and deal with people when they wish to. I think this is a good way for me to be.

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    I’ve been in Fe-fatigued states where I tried to push it out of others. But I don’t think that’s good and try to avoid doing that.

I’m in a sleep-deprived state right now, so this is difficult to explain, but what I appreciate about Fe is a feeling of softness, kindness, tolerance. Spontaneous genuine emotional expression that isn’t rooted in self-interest or calculation. This softens certain ways I express myself and feel. Even if I don’t express Fe myself I try to keep this “softened” attitude toward others — I try to be tolerant and nonjudgemental, responsive, open to talk and deal with people when they wish to. I think this is a good way for me to be.
    Would it be fair to say that the more successful you are at using Fe, the more likely you would be to use it?

In other words, if folk are receptive & respond appropriately to your Fe would you be more enthusiastic about using it?

TIM
    EII-1Ne 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel like all my Te comes to me from an external source. Not in the sense of Te being an extroverted information element, but this feeling that anything I do involving Te is not my own accumulation of experience, but someone else’s. Like borrowing someone else’s tools for a project. I don’t know if it’s just an aspect of the suggestive function or not, but my attempts to self-supply Te do not yield the same psychological satisfaction to me as when I receive it from others.

I contrast it with the output of my PoLR, which I very much perceive as an accumulation of my own experience, albeit a scant one.

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I am okay with Ne. I have gotten a bit better at utilizing it at times but I know I will never be as great as a Ne-dom. I am still anxious af due to a lot of possibilities but I have learned to lean into a little bit and learning to enjoy new possibilities. I have started trying different food and getting into different foods. I have become more open to travel and to see things in an alternate view. I search out information and want to learn and look at things differently. I can learn on the go and be good at it. My family are all Sensors and I have kinda stepped up a bit to open some newer possibilities that they haven't really had before. The more positive new experiences I have, the easier on me. I really disliked Ne when I was younger but, I've come to appreciate Ne things as I get older.

I try my best to self supply. It's a bit hard but it is somewhat doable. I can manage and be somewhat balanced, which is the most important.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would it be fair to say that the more successful you are at using Fe, the more likely you would be to use it?

In other words, if folk are receptive & respond appropriately to your Fe would you be more enthusiastic about using it?
    In a limited capacity, sure. In the sense that around people who like me, I feel more at ease and open up somewhat. But I won’t ever be an ExE. I don’t think it would be possible to learn to use it with the same strength or ease as an Fe ego, at least not without compromising other parts of my psyche.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd love to be able to sleep for sixteen hours a day.

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In a limited capacity, sure. In the sense that around people who like me, I feel more at ease and open up somewhat. But I won’t ever be an ExE. I don’t think it would be possible to learn to use it with the same strength or ease as an Fe ego, at least not without compromising other parts of my psyche.
    Def not about being an Fe-ego. Be your type (perhaps, the best version of your type that you can be) This thread was about self-supplying the DS only to avoid neediness.

I personally supply Ni just fine. Some of the Ni-doms here who use their lead on the forum impress my Se function. When I date irl I never really dual seek cause I'm content. Not saying everyone should be me, of course

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xerx View Post
    I'd love to be able to sleep for sixteen hours a day.
    Get depressed or understimulated. Easy.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Me: here's all the reasons this is a stupid/useless thing to do.
    Also me: but it's not harming anyone/causing problems and I want it so whatever.
    I can be such a cheap-ass bastard at time, loosening up is great.
    Tho, I must say I had Se peeps encourage me to be more "spontaneous" in the past. I'm still reluctant and cautious inside, my visible spontaneity is calculated but I care less and treat myself if it causes no harm.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So Fe is a feeling judgement, not rooted in the self, but rooted in the social situation. A socially adjusted attitude. Collective values.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by one View Post
    Is there something stopping you to do it on the weekends
    I just find it impossible. 7 to 8 hours is the max.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Def not about being an Fe-ego. Be your type (perhaps, the best version of your type that you can be) This thread was about self-supplying the DS only to avoid neediness.

I personally supply Ni just fine. Some of the Ni-doms here who use their lead on the forum impress my Se function. When I date irl I never really dual seek cause I'm content. Not saying everyone should be me, of course
    As far as dating goes, I'm not sure I want a dual. I'm not necessarily looking for superintelligence or introversion, but I don't want someone with no inner life or without the ability to introspect. More ESEs than not seem to be like that. So I understand why you might be wary of IEIs. Really I'm not sure duality is necessarily optimal for marriages/long-term relationships.

Apologies; in threads I often lose the plot and start talking about different things. Yes, I think it's possible and for the best to not be dependent on others. In my own case it's difficult to answer since I tend to become detached from reality quickly when I don't spend time around people. I think is likely always to be the case for me. But I think this is different from Fe-neediness, which I think I've managed to mostly overcome.

TIM
    IEI-Fe(C)
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The best way I understood Fe-seeking to date was that it adds color to an otherwise dry world. This is eloquent and really helped me understand another side of it=)

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As far as dating goes, I'm not sure I want a dual. I'm not necessarily looking for superintelligence or introversion, but I don't want someone with no inner life or without the ability to introspect. More ESEs than not seem to be like that. So I understand why you might be wary of IEIs. Really I'm not sure duality is necessarily optimal for marriages/long-term relationships.

Apologies; in threads I often lose the plot and start talking about different things. Yes, I think it's possible and for the best to not be dependent on others. In my own case it's difficult to answer since I tend to become detached from reality quickly when I don't spend time around people. I think is likely always to be the case for me. But I think this is different from Fe-neediness, which I think I've managed to mostly overcome.
    You're Ne-ego. Ne-egos do that. Asking you to be something else would be stupid, imo.

I'd say relationships are a personal choice. There's duality, there's also YOU. If something isn't good for a person, it is that person's responsibility to choose wisely. A dual relation may be wise, it may not. * Shrugs*

Banned
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't trust this thread since @Stray Cat can't even type themselves

Banned
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your Se is 1D and your liquor is just your masquerading costume

Cosplay's over nerd
    Last edited by peteronfireee2; 07-07-2021 at 08:54 PM.

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pandemic candy View Post
    I don't trust this thread since @Stray Cat can't even type themselves
    Your Se is 1D and your liquor is just your mascarading costume

Cosplay's over nerd
    Nah. Whatever your issue is be a butthurt dork elsewhere. You're just a Karen with a Christian infatuation. I don't swing that way princess.

Banned
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nah. Whatever your issue is be a butthurt dork elsewhere. You're just a Karen with a Christian infatuation. I don't swing that way princess.
    Cringe.

Your Se is faker than Caitlyn Jenner

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cringe.

Your Se is faker than Caitlyn Jenner
    Proof or are you just attention seeking

Banned
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Proof or are you just attention seeking
    u sound like someone that would get a swirlie and get slammed against the lockers in high school

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

u sound like someone that would get a swirlie and get slammed against the lockers in high school
    Nah. I've fought dogs before. You're grasping for straws. Not sure what I've done to make you cry. Whatever it was. I'm still not sorry.

Banned
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nah. I've fought dogs before. You're grasping for straws. Not sure what I've done to make you cry. Whatever it was. I'm still not sorry.

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're a typical internet nobody. You're a wimp trying to expose "imposters" when you're likely one yourself. You have no proof, you're whining & a trashy internet keyboard warrior

There are folk here who dig discussing socionics, yet you're PMSing & turning a decent threads into your need to be heard.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're a typical internet nobody. You're a wimp trying to expose "imposters" when you're likely one yourself. You have no proof, you're whining & a trashy internet keyboard warrior

There are folk here who dig discussing socionics, yet you're PMSing & turning a decent threads into your need to be heard.
    Stop replying. A mod can split the thread if too much unrelated stuff gets into it, and the more you reply, the more replies you will get. Once is enough in most of these situations, you don't need to prove anything nor have the last word, no one cares beside a few peeps who like the drama.

Your family thinks I'm a criminal
    TIM
    BAMF
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

If I zone out enough, and I listen to enough music by NF artists, I can supply a bit of Ni and Fe. But not a lot. I do sometimes dream about Nf things, but that's as far as it goes.

TIM
    6w7 sp/sx 639
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Ne-seeking comes in when I say things like he has weak esophagus energy
    If they ever tryna neck, I'll put my foot up in your caca
    Call your mama and your papa
    Like I'm finna take your dadda
    Turn that bitch into a soccer ball and rocka, rocka, rocka (brrr)
    Get into it like a suit
    And fuck a stack up like a broker