Thread: The Love of Money

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default The Love of Money

I was talking to a woman whom I like and said that she should meet my friend.
    I said, "He just bought three rental houses on a corner (total of 19 renters) and is going to knock the houses down and build an apartment complex which can rent to up to 75 people, which should net him a yearly profit of a few hundred thousand dollars even after he pays for the new mortgage" and she said "I hate him already."

I said, "What?"

She said, "Money grubbing bastard xzyxydbfber ddbud $#%% fg@*)9s s..snpth."
    She went on like this for a while, but this was the gist of it.

So I know that some Quadras have a reputation for not caring about money (yeah, I'm talking to you, Alpha) and for holding personal honor above mercenary profits (that's you, Beta), but now I'm wondering just what it is that makes a person feel this way?

Is it some information element? Is it the weather? What the hell is it?
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 06-29-2021 at 02:35 AM.

TIM
    ESI-H 936 Sp
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Envy and frustration with extortionary housing prices

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Massive simulated realities need the soulless NPC bad guys.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Large apartment complexes love to charge bogus fees and screw people out of their deposits.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You made him sound like some asshole who threw 19 peeps out to make money in a way. Might not be the case, the story does not tell how kindly these people were treated.
    Not everyone likes the idea of tearing old buildings apart, tends to mean cheap lodging gets transformed into luxury stuff that makes the tax/rent of everything around go up.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Housing market is terrible right now. Even if it suddenly crashes by 50% I'm not sure I'll ever be able to afford a house. If you work a low-wage job it's pretty much impossible to afford even an apartment on your own. And everything new that gets built is shit: looks like shit and is made of cheap plywood. I don't know this woman's thought process, but it's probably not "oh man, he's helping make new housing, which will drive housing costs down "; I'd guess it's more along the lines of "he's another rich bastard out to fuck us over. Investing in housing? That's what got us into this mess in the first place. Those goddamned assholes, framing their attempt to make a buck off us as something altruistic"...or something like that.
    Last edited by FreelancePoliceman; 06-29-2021 at 11:21 AM.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flowers and sugar View Post
    You made him sound like some asshole who threw 19 peeps out to make money in a way. Might not be the case, the story does not tell how kindly these people were treated.
    Not everyone likes the idea of tearing old buildings apart, tends to mean cheap lodging gets transformed into luxury stuff that makes the tax/rent of everything around go up.
    """""luxury""""" apartments lol. I guess that means "if you move into one, I'll be able to afford more luxuries." There's no actual meaning to that term except as an excuse to charge more. Hate it.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I may say something like that lol
    Mostly because of interest in human welfare over capitalism
    If they are going to displace people without housing them.

I guess she must have misunderstood your friends intention
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    SLI 5w6
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can sort of see both sides. Yes, there is an opportunity to house more people, but quality of life matters, as well. But in both instances (rental house or apartment complex), much depends on how the properties are managed, what is allowed and what isn't, and so on and so forth. The apartment complex could indeed be a good thing, but it really depends on your friend, his competence, and his ethics. Understandably, there is often a lack of trust that goes both ways. Tenants don't trust landlords and landlords don't trust tenants and it's not for no reason.

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I enjoy money and I certainly don't feel this way. To me money doesn't mean anything on its own though. I like money because money buys freedom. You can't buy happiness, but you can buy freedom, and freedom is happiness. I am pretty good at saving my money, which is perhaps contrary to PoLR Te stereotypes, but I save it because when I have money I feel a tangible sense of freedom, and when I don't have it I feel restricted. I like feeling like I *could* buy things, but don't really buy much because if I did then I wouldn't have that feeling of potential anymore
    “Things always seem fairer when we look back at them, and it is out of that inaccessible tower of the past that Longing leans and beckons.”
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

TIM
    ESI-H 936 Sp
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like money but i don’t expect to ever make more than a lower middle class salary since my spawn point and intelligence/charisma stats are poor
    Last edited by Averroes; 06-30-2021 at 03:37 PM.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I have an ILI investment advisor and when he first told me how much his fee is, I about choked. He saw this and said, "You only have to decide whether or not I'm worth it." I gambled on him for the first year to see how it would go, and it turns out that his return to me is much greater than his costs.

I'm working with an ESI-Se Dual who is remodeling my house. What I'm paying her puts her in the top 10% of income earners.
    On the one hand, this is very good pay for someone who has never done this before. On the other hand, her taste is perfectly in-line with mine and exceeds it. She works hard and is on time and we discuss hours and tasks before they happen, and then she keeps her word. Could I get a more experienced interior decorator? Yes. I know a couple of them, but they are ESEs and they don't share my tastes, while the ESI does. So, is the ESI worth what I'm paying her? Absolutely. That's all I have to determine.

She said she's lucky to have met me. I said I'm lucky to have met her.
    It's a good trade.
    I'm convinced that getting to the better part of life consists of working with the right people.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 06-30-2021 at 03:55 PM.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Averroes View Post
    I like money but i don’t expect to ever make more than a lower middle class salary since my spawn point and intelligence/charisma stats are poor
    Lol. My spawn point is good but all of my other stats are average at best.

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I have an ILI investment advisor and when he first told me how much his fee is, I about choked. He saw this and said, "You only have to decide whether or not I'm worth it." I gambled on him for the first year to see how it would go, and it turns out that his return to me is much greater than his costs.

I'm working with an ESI-Se Dual who is remodeling my house. What I'm paying her puts her in the top 10% of income earners.
    On the one hand, this is very good pay for someone who has never done this before. On the other hand, her taste is perfectly in-line with mine and exceeds it. She works hard and is on time and we discuss hours and tasks before they happen, and then she keeps her word. Could I get a more experienced interior decorator? Yes. I know a couple of them, but they are ESEs and they don't share my tastes, while the ESI does. So, is the ESI worth what I'm paying her? Absolutely. That's all I have to determine.

She said she's lucky to have met me. I said I'm lucky to have met her.
    It's a good trade.
    I'm convinced that getting to the better part of life consists of working with the right people.
    For that pay I'd gladly fly out and do your house! But the ESI is perfect for you; I am convinced a dual or at least someone in your quada is ideal for decorating your space, as long as they have some kind if eye for it. Also a financial adviser from your quada is great, too! All good!

Does it feel great to start seeing transformations at home?

Tell her to look into FB Mkpl. As long as you are looking near a bigger city, many unique, beautiful and very high-end things can be found at rock bottom prices at times. You just have to be wiling to drive for pick up, and sometimes rent a truck for bigger things.

______

So since this is about wealth, I will share prophetic word about wealth in the USA that you may want to consider. (Other nations will have transformations too).

When I first started hearing some prophets on this, I took this that I occasionally heard about wealth with a big grain of salt. But now I have heard it often enough by reliable prophets and I believe it.

That is: As God's hand exposes evil and it faces God's reckoning across our land beginning July 4th and it keeps going until America is quite transformed by spring of 2022, this transformation will include God removing wealth from the evil (includes the end of some major corporations that we never thought we would see come down) and He will disperse it instead to those more deserving, who will not do evil, and will not work against His will. Wealth will be transferred to people who never had wealth before.

So it would be wise to tell your investor soon to transfer all your investments out of companies you believe may be, or are rumored to be, involved in evil things at the top, and get it instead into places that seem GOOD. I wager Disney, Microsoft, Google, media outlets, any pharmecueticals corporations are instant "no's". (We removed our Disney). Because GOOD is truly going to reign for awhile, after the inevitable shakedown. Reversals are coming.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    For that pay I'd gladly fly out and do your house! But the ESI is perfect for you; I am convinced a dual or at least someone in your quada is ideal for decorating your space, as long as they have some kind if eye for it. Also a financial adviser from your quada is great, too! All good!
    Thanks, Eliza. You are right about people in one's quadra being more likely to be on the same page. Shared values matter a lot.

Does it feel great to start seeing transformations at home?
    Yes, absolutely. I mostly plan, but she motivates.

Tell her to look into FB Mkpl. As long as you are looking near a bigger city, many unique, beautiful and very high-end things can be found at rock bottom prices at times. You just have to be wiling to drive for pick up, and sometimes rent a truck for bigger things.
    Lol. She's already on it. That's where she's been selling the stuff that I won't use.

______

So since this is about wealth, I will share prophetic word about wealth in the USA that you may want to consider. (Other nations will have transformations too).

When I first started hearing some prophets on this, I took this that I occasionally heard about wealth with a big grain of salt. But now I have heard it often enough by reliable prophets and I believe it.

That is: As God's hand exposes evil and it faces God's reckoning across our land beginning July 4th and it keeps going until America is quite transformed by spring of 2022, this transformation will include God removing wealth from the evil (includes the end of some major corporations that we never thought we would see come down) and He will disperse it instead to those more deserving, who will not do evil, and will not work against His will. Wealth will be transferred to people who never had wealth before.

So it would be wise to tell your investor soon to transfer all your investments out of companies you believe may be, or are rumored to be, involved in evil things at the top, and get it instead into places that seem GOOD. I wager Disney, Microsoft, Google, media outlets, any pharmecueticals corporations are instant "no's". (We removed our Disney). Because GOOD is truly going to reign for awhile, after the inevitable shakedown. Reversals are coming.
    The ESI said something similar. She doesn't want to invest in any evil corporation. Fortunately, there are mutual funds that tailor their portfolios towards ethical companies.

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The ESI said something similar. She doesn't want to invest in any evil corporation. Fortunately, there are mutual funds that tailor their portfolios towards ethical companies.
    Even though I was my ESI Mom's Supervisor, I always very much valued her ethics.
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I said, "He just bought three rental houses on a corner (total of 19 renters) and is going to knock the houses down and build an apartment complex which can rent to up to 75 people, which should net him a yearly profit of a few hundred thousand dollars even after he pays for the new mortgage" and she said "I hate him already."

I said, "What?"

So I know that some Quadras have a reputation for not caring about money (yeah, I'm talking to you, Alpha) and for holding personal honor above mercenary profits (that's you, Beta), but now I'm wondering just what it is that makes a person feel this way?

Will the prior tenants have to accept a new contract, or will the old rent suffice? If this isn't just a stunt to jack up the price, then it may be easier to justify building the new apartments on the basis of increasing the supply of homes (my city badly needs this).

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Without a Profit Motive, Society would soon descend into a Dark Age.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xerx View Post
    Will the prior tenants have to accept a new contract, or will the old rent suffice? If this isn't just a stunt to jack up the price, then it may be easier to justify building the new apartments on the basis of increasing the supply of homes (my city badly needs this).

The prior tenants live in three houses that will be bulldozed and it will take about a year to build a new apartment block, so I'm pretty sure that they will have an opportunity to find new housing. I doubt if the new owners give a rip what they do. The new rents will be what they will be to cover costs and make the whole exercise worth doing.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

You do have to sacrifice too much emotional integrity and honesty for money and power- that's what is wrong with it. Look at Oprah in the 90s vs the Oprah she became. Oprah in the 90s was actually cool and likeable. She exchanged with the guests in a more equal way, it wasn't just some exploitative sounding board for her own narcissism- like what it turned into. And she always wanted money, but she just let the money and power corrupt her.

It's not 'rich people suck' in a vacuum obviously- because as John Waters says, "there's poor people who are assholes too." And obviously, rich people who are cool and nice. But a rich person who sucks obviously has a higher chance of getting away with their evil unpunished than a poor person who sucks based on how the real world works, so rich people... they really do suck. And probably won't go to Heaven, considering how difficult it is for a wealthy person to go to Heaven. This is in the Bible, and we all need to respect and obey the Bible.

But yeah- you basically become a robot or a machine and not a human. And you're basically rewarded for being a jerk. You're probably blind to the jerkiness and assholeness in a sense because of the low Fi and role commercial Fe- but it doesn't mean that it's not there.

TIM
    H 694 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lack is the Muse of all Poets

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Clarke View Post
    I have a different issue, which is that I don't like to leave the level 1 area surrounding my default spawn point. I also basically have 0 strength and maybe 1 will, so that doesn't help either. I would guess my charisma stat is more like 2 or 3.
    Will isn't an ability score but a saving throw, but I also deleted the rest of what I was going to write since we're probably not going to use the methods of restoring ability drain you'd use in D&D here. Well, at least not the optimal ones. Some people might try to see real-life versions of clerics or paladins and pay them the real-life equivalent of 100 gold pieces, but that's extremely not the optimal thing to do in actual D&D and I can't imagine it is in real-life either.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You don't require money to undertake any enterprise that requires a group of people. The things necessary are: resources, and manpower. If you have these two, you can simply mobilize the persons to undertake any activity. Money is a ruse, a scam, an objetification, and a means for less-than-ideal people in the ethical arena, to get ahead and prosper. It takes a while to deprogram and wrap your head around this fact.

Money is an evil thing that traps us in materiality. It is also a closed system, that forced the world (which is actually analogic) to bend to its demands.

Money fosters egotism, greed, and selfishness.

The "freedom" money confers upon a person, is built on the misery of other humans, who were/are not as lucky as the money holder. Is it okay to 'enjoy' your "freedom" while other people are in misery? Is that fair? Does it not bother you?

"Working", should be done for the sole act of contributing, and doing what you truly enjoy, not for the 'reward' of 'money'.
    Last edited by lavos; 11-16-2022 at 03:05 PM.
    Then, the angel asked her what her name was. She said: "I have none"

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lavos View Post
    You don't require money to undertake any enterprise that requires a group of people. The things necessary are: resources, and manpower. If you have these two, you can simply mobilize the persons to undertake any activity. Money is a ruse, a scam, an objetification, and a means for less-than-ideal people in the ethical arena, to get ahead and prosper. It takes a while to deprogram and wrap your head around this fact.
    I mean, originally money was gold and silver, and gold and silver are valuable. People take apart computers and melt down the gold because gold is used in computing in addition to being historically used as coinage. However, yeah, you don't need considerable amounts of money to produce anything of value at all, and fiat money more or less has negative value compared to goods (its value approaches zero over time while the value of commodity goods is generally constant.)

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Coeruleum Blue View Post
    I mean, originally money was gold and silver, and gold and silver are valuable. People take apart computers and melt down the gold because gold is used in computing in addition to being historically used as coinage. However, yeah, you don't need considerable amounts of money to produce anything of value at all, and fiat money more or less has negative value compared to goods (its value approaches zero over time while the value of commodity goods is generally constant.)
    True, gold and silver are valuable. But they are not "money", even if they historically have been used as such. In the development of humanity, and the course towards a sufficiently develop humanitarian society, money appears. But once the developmental phase is over, money has to be discarded. You can have a society that is built around the ego (like we have now) or you can have a society that is built on the common good and humanism. In this latter society, money has no place.

But at least gold and silver are not a scam like fiat money.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

but now I'm wondering just what it is that makes a person feel this way?

Enlightment. Easier to reach if you devalue +Si/-Se.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Usefulness" is a quality that is more apt to be applied to objects. Living beings have an inherent dignity of their own (or should have) that precludes being considered due to their usefulness or lack of. I kinda think that sort of thinking (applying qualities of objects to living beings) is a form of psychopathy. A psychopathy which has infected a great number of people and society, and part of the blame rests on Money. Another other part of the blame rest on corruption due to undesirable characters, either inborn or made.

People can be better or worse, but that has to be evaluated with Fi.

Every function is meant to evaluate an aspect of reality, and using another function can constitute a faux pas.

But this is just my opinion anyway.

Money in particular has also to do with +Te/-Ti (managerial logic) but first passes through the prism of +Si/-Se (materiality). It is certainly not -Te (the base of LIE) since I don't like it and I am LIE. -Te is having possessions though, but when or how the money-mindset infected that aspect, most likely, being accustomed is to blame. Example : I'd much rather have a house, than money. It is a tangible possesion. I would also much rather have some gold coins, than money. But money is necessary in society, so it is advisable to have some money. But some day (I hope) the very concept of money will be abandoned.
    Last edited by lavos; 11-17-2022 at 10:09 PM.

TIM
    ILE-H
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I know that some Quadras have a reputation for not caring about money (yeah, I'm talking about you alpha) but now I'm wondering just what it is that makes a person feel this way?

Well, for one thing, you can't take it with you. When I start to see U-Haul trucks following hearses, perhaps then I'll realign my priorities regarding money.
    [Today 03:36 AM] anotherperson: this forum feels like the edge of the internet

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because Capitalism and making money are two different things. Capitalism is supposed to be used for making fair competition that perfects and lowers the price of goods for everyone, rewarding the consumer with lower prices and rewarding the business owner with some kind of profit. Instead capitalism is used to make money for the owner at the consumer's expense. They will monopolize, lie, cheat, and steal from the consumer any way that they can because the goal is to take money, not further capitalism.

1. Oh, are we giving the consumer more money to spend, then increase prices! Inflation with stagnant wages means more money for the owners, awesome! Go inflation!
    2. Can we undercut the competition with losses until they go out of business and then charge a high price on all our monopolized goods? Excellent, do it.
    3. Figured out a way to get suckers to part with their money by adding gambling to our entertainment industry? Excellent, more money for us.
    4. Can we own all the land and force consumers to pay a large percentage of their wages for rent OR give them that nice loan for a house that they pay double for over 20 to 30 years? More Excellent, win-win for the owners.
    5. Can we exploit a third-world country for cheap slave labor goods that will eventually destroy our at-home businesses by undercuting them and taking away all their business? Who cares, exploit and pocket the cash, excellent.
    6. Hey, let's force people to get insurance! You want security, don't you buddy? Here, give me a percentage of your money for the rest of your life and I'm going to set the terms on what you have to do to get my insurance or I'll just charge you a lot of money. And you need insurance for housing (loaners force you), sometimes renting (they make you), cars (it's also forced to have liability insurance), health insurance (because you need it to pay for the exorbitant price gouging of surgery and expensive treatments, you know god forbid you make the health industry competitive and affordable), and business owner insurance that gets offloaded to the consumer to pay for (because again no loan without "insurance" to the loaner. But YOU can have all the risk).
    7. College. Hey, these young people don't know what they are doing, but want to go to college and find out and they have no money! So instead of making it more affordable for them, let's give them LOANS lmao EXCELLENTS. More money for us from the slaves, yay!
    8. People with less money, tend to have bad credit. Maybe we should help them? Nahh, EXPLOIT. Give them high-interest loans! THey will take it out of desperation and they can't get anything else! LMAO, more money for us, yay!
    9. What about tax breaks? We give tax breaks for business on all of their expenses? Shouldn't we give tax breaks for consumers that have to drive to their place of work. The cost of their car and the gas is all a business expense! Nah, the slaves only get what we want, just tax breaks for us! LOL REJOICE.
    10. Remember those retirements things people used to get? Wasn't that a good thing? Nahh, cost us too much money. Guess what's better? We can have them pay into a 401k that boosts our profits on the stock market. So even though we pay a percentage into their 401k to make us look good, we get it back with them inflating the prices on the market! And they don't complain because too stupid. YAY WE ARE SMART, MORE MONEY FOR US.
    11. Oh, did you get scammed or mistreated by a business for a low amount of money? Did insurance drop you when you made a claim? You could go to court, but we have great lawyers and it will cost you more money for the court fees and lots of personal stress in your lives! That's right, take it in the ass! HEHEHE, YES, MORE MONEY FOR THE OWNERS!

But do you like making money? Then you are probably actually an anti-capitalist that just uses the guise of capitalism to cover for your complete lack of scruples in taking other people's money.

But if you are actually a Capitalist, then I salute you.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Popcorn View Post
    Because Capitalism and making money are two different things. Capitalism is supposed to be used for making fair competition that perfects and lowers the price of goods for everyone, rewarding the consumer with lower prices and rewarding the business owner with some kind of profit. Instead capitalism is used to make money for the owner at the consumer's expense. They will monopolize, lie, cheat, and steal from the consumer any way that they can because the goal is to take money, not further capitalism.

1. Oh, are we giving the consumer more money to spend, then increase prices! Inflation with stagnant wages means more money for the owners, awesome! Go inflation!
    2. Can we undercut the competition with losses until they go out of business and then charge a high price on all our monopolized goods? Excellent, do it.
    3. Figured out a way to get suckers to part with their money by adding gambling to our entertainment industry? Excellent, more money for us.
    4. Can we own all the land and force consumers to pay a large percentage of their wages for rent OR give them that nice loan for a house that they pay double for over 20 to 30 years? More Excellent, win-win for the owners.
    5. Can we exploit a third-world country for cheap slave labor goods that will eventually destroy our at-home businesses by undercuting them and taking away all their business? Who cares, exploit and pocket the cash, excellent.
    6. Hey, let's force people to get insurance! You want security, don't you buddy? Here, give me a percentage of your money for the rest of your life and I'm going to set the terms on what you have to do to get my insurance or I'll just charge you a lot of money. And you need insurance for housing (loaners force you), sometimes renting (they make you), cars (it's also forced to have liability insurance), health insurance (because you need it to pay for the exorbitant price gouging of surgery and expensive treatments, you know god forbid you make the health industry competitive and affordable), and business owner insurance that gets offloaded to the consumer to pay for (because again no loan without "insurance" to the loaner. But YOU can have all the risk).
    7. College. Hey, these young people don't know what they are doing, but want to go to college and find out and they have no money! So instead of making it more affordable for them, let's give them LOANS lmao EXCELLENTS. More money for us from the slaves, yay!
    8. People with less money, tend to have bad credit. Maybe we should help them? Nahh, EXPLOIT. Give them high-interest loans! THey will take it out of desperation and they can't get anything else! LMAO, more money for us, yay!
    9. What about tax breaks? We give tax breaks for business on all of their expenses? Shouldn't we give tax breaks for consumers that have to drive to their place of work. The cost of their car and the gas is all a business expense! Nah, the slaves only get what we want, just tax breaks for us! LOL REJOICE.
    10. Remember those retirements things people used to get? Wasn't that a good thing? Nahh, cost us too much money. Guess what's better? We can have them pay into a 401k that boosts our profits on the stock market. So even though we pay a percentage into their 401k to make us look good, we get it back with them inflating the prices on the market! And they don't complain because too stupid. YAY WE ARE SMART, MORE MONEY FOR US.
    11. Oh, did you get scammed or mistreated by a business for a low amount of money? Did insurance drop you when you made a claim? You could go to court, but we have great lawyers and it will cost you more money for the court fees and lots of personal stress in your lives! That's right, take it in the ass! HEHEHE, YES, MORE MONEY FOR THE OWNERS!

But do you like making money? Then you are probably actually an anti-capitalist that just uses the guise of capitalism to cover for your complete lack of scruples in taking other people's money.

I actually copy-pasted and saved this post, thanks.

Are you sure that's capitalism though? All the regulation necessary to cut short all these caveats, wouldn't that make it closer to the dreaded "communism" ?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I said, "What?"

Alphas care about money, Adam. They just think it should be distributed equally.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Popcorn View Post

Fuck yeah, preach.

Gotta love it when groceries go up in price because the stores have monopolized the market, and then if giving sale prices, collude to raise the price of goods across all the stores, and pretend, "Covid did it".

Lmao, fuck these greedy bastards. In another century they would have been drawn and quartered by the mob.
    Now we have machine learning to control us.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lavos View Post
    I actually copy-pasted and saved this post, thanks.

Are you sure that's capitalism though? All the regulation necessary to cut short all these caveats, wouldn't that make it closer to the dreaded "communism" ?
    Not really. Most of these things are pretty easy to solve, it's just no one in power is motivated to change it, since they are benefiting from it.

1. Oh, are we giving the consumer more money to spend, then increase prices! Inflation with stagnant wages means more money for the owners, awesome! Go inflation! Make it illegal to print money and borrow to fund the government. The government shouldn't be allowed to devalue what the dollar is worth by printing its own dollar and they already get plenty of taxes that balancing a budget shouldn't be that hard.
    2. Can we undercut the competition with losses until they go out of business and then charge a high price on all our monopolized goods? Excellent, do it. Businesses should be expected to sell their products for a profit. Otherwise, they must auction off their goods to the market competition that will then resell those goods at their actual lower market price. This will incentivize businesses from deliberately undercutting each other below market worth.
    3. Figured out a way to get suckers to part with their money by adding gambling to our entertainment industry? Excellent, more money for us. Either outlaw gambling or make those with more wealth have to play with higher risk. This prevents the money from going from poor to rich, as it usually does.
    4. Can we own all the land and force consumers to pay a large percentage of their wages for rent OR give them that nice loan for a house that they pay double for over 20 to 30 years? More Excellent, win-win for the owners. I'll have to think about this one. There seems to be a lot of issues with this one.
    Edit: So this one seems to have four big problems - low supply, high-density apartments vs low-density houses, location, and income from selling property at a higher than you paid price. In order to balance all of these I think you need to have a community tax on income made from selling a house for a profit. Then you take that local community tax and use it to fund low-cost local apartments. So when the real estate market goes crazy, it will also incentivize cheap apartments being built and help accodomate everyone, while also not forcing people to commute from far away. Then maybe there is some kind of balancing act going on. Though admittedly, supply will still lag demand with this model, but at least there would be an effort to balance things.

5. Can we exploit a third-world country for cheap slave labor goods that will eventually destroy our at-home businesses by undercuting them and taking away all their business? Who cares, exploit and pocket the cash, excellent. Set some import laws/taxes so that you don't end up depending on those resources to run your economy.
    6. Hey, let's force people to get insurance! You want security, don't you buddy? Here, give me a percentage of your money for the rest of your life and I'm going to set the terms on what you have to do to get my insurance or I'll just charge you a lot of money. And you need insurance for housing (loaners force you), sometimes renting (they make you), cars (it's also forced to have liability insurance), health insurance (because you need it to pay for the exorbitant price gouging of surgery and expensive treatments, you know god forbid you make the health industry competitive and affordable), and business owner insurance that gets offloaded to the consumer to pay for (because again no loan without "insurance" to the loaner. But YOU can have all the risk). If you get rid of insurance, these things become more affordable and competitive...eliminating the need for insurance. It also isn't a bad thing to have people buy things that they can afford to replace, rather than depending on wallet-draining insurance to protect things they can't afford to lose. It will also motivate people to buy things they can afford.
    7. College. Hey, these young people don't know what they are doing, but want to go to college and find out and they have no money! So instead of making it more affordable for them, let's give them LOANS lmao EXCELLENTS. More money for us from the slaves, yay! Make education affordable and accessible to all. And if people want to spend more on education, they can also have that choice.
    8. People with less money, tend to have bad credit. Maybe we should help them? Nahh, EXPLOIT. Give them high-interest loans! THey will take it out of desperation and they can't get anything else! LMAO, more money for us, yay! The wealthy pay more interest on loans. Not the other way around.
    9. What about tax breaks? We give tax breaks for business on all of their expenses? Shouldn't we give tax breaks for consumers that have to drive to their place of work. The cost of their car and the gas is all a business expense! Nah, the slaves only get what we want, just tax breaks for us! LOL REJOICE. Anything the consumer has to spend for their job, including gas and a percentage of their transportation costs is a tax break.
    10. Remember those retirements things people used to get? Wasn't that a good thing? Nahh, cost us too much money. Guess what's better? We can have them pay into a 401k that boosts our profits on the stock market. So even though we pay a percentage into their 401k to make us look good, we get it back with them inflating the prices on the market! And they don't complain because too stupid. YAY WE ARE SMART, MORE MONEY FOR US. Get rid of 401Ks. Instead pay the employee in stock that pays dividends that rewards them with tax breaks for holding onto it for a long time, rather than punishing you for spending it (like in a 401k). Also all stocks have to pay dividends or they are bullshit.
    11. Oh, did you get scammed or mistreated by a business for a low amount of money? Did insurance drop you when you made a claim? You could go to court, but we have great lawyers and it will cost you more money for the court fees and lots of personal stress in your lives! That's right, take it in the ass! HEHEHE, YES, MORE MONEY FOR THE OWNERS! Businesses have to pay for all court costs, unless the case is deemed frivolous, in order to keep customers from randomly suing a company to hurt them on purpose.
    Last edited by Popcorn; 11-25-2022 at 01:59 AM.