Thread: Puberty Blockers

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Puberty Blockers

As a follow up to this discussion: https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...nder-ideology)

What's your take on letting people delay puberty until they're mature enough to make the choice to transition? Relevant to this, the UK has recently passed a law against their use:

Quote Originally Posted by BBC
    Children under 16 with gender dysphoria are unlikely to be able to give informed consent to undergo treatment with puberty-blocking drugs, three High Court judges have ruled.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-...shire-55144148

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel extremely split on this issue.

On one hand, I don't know what it is like to live with gender dysphoria and want to transition. To imagine what it would feel like to physically, mentally, and emotionally feel not at home in my own body and gender. To imagine what it would feel like as a little kid who knew they were in the wrong body and always exclaimed it since they were a child and knew they want to live as the opposite gender. Then, to go through puberty of your assigned gender would be a nightmare to say the least and most likely traumatic.

On the other end, this is such and extreme thing to block puberty and mess with the body. Especially because children change their minds a lot and there are teenagers who have 'transitioned' and 'de-transitioned' and that has permanently effected their body. Sometimes, gender dysphoria is not because a child is transgender, rather there is an underlying trauma or issue that is causing dysphoria.

I feel so split on the issue because both sides are right in their own way. I think having some laws in regards to puberty blockers is a good idea (or at least regulations) but, I don't know what it's like to be trans and there have been trans kids so desperate enough to get hormones that they would do anything for it. If you know in your bones that you are trans and in the wrong body and these puberty blockers will help, then I can't agree with this law. However, if you don't,then I agree with this law. Though, how do you 100% know?

I'm hoping that more studies and experts will come through in the next couple years to give a more on depth with this issue and maybe that can help with different regulations and laws for what is the best age in general.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

In US I think it's more of a process, which I think... I'm not sure the exact details of it involved, but I think I like that better.

In other countries it's more liberal- so you can transition more quickly, and I think a lot of liberal therapists might even encourage or gaslight you to transition when you are not ready because they want to feel like white knight SJW heroes for trans people or something, and that is wrong. ((although Trans people are often bullied and scapegoated in the world and I think we should care about them more.))

When cis straight women complain about creepy males pretending to be women and harrassing them in bathrooms - they are talking about when people are allowed to transition too quickly and without making sure it's really the right thing for them ((some of them are bitches though and try to apply this to all trans people)) - but I don't think it's necessarily an attack on all trans people. It's complicated, transitioning completely would be excellent for some people- and not for others, and well- it is a process.

It should never be the hands of a pure straight person- because they are not going to fully understand GLBT. Professional and successful transgender people , should maybe decide on if the person is ready or not or something idk- and the therapist should realize their own biases (liberal or conservative) and not try to gaslight an innocent youth with their bs either way.

Most therapists are IEE to me. Most therapists in US feel like liberal IEE Delta SJWs.

My IEE therapists tired me to push me to go to a gay bar when I wasn't ready yet- and it didn't work. I was born gay, I knew i've been gay since I was 5- with trans it's kinda a similiar thing - but completely becoming The Idea of Trans because of it- is an entire thing as well.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do any of y'all think that transgender self-identification is being spread via 'social contagion', meaning that young people are adopting it (and perhaps other disorders) either to stand out or fit in, to socialize with peers, etc? In other words, is it a fad?

https://www.science.org/content/arti...ender-identity

TIM
    SLI 5w6
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not my business

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xerx View Post
    Do any of y'all think that transgender self-identification is being spread via 'social contagion', meaning that young people are adopting it (and perhaps other disorders) either to stand out or fit in, to socialize with peers, etc? In other words, is it a fad?

https://www.science.org/content/arti...ender-identity
    I think that transgender self-identification is being spread by social “contagion” in the sense that, once society puts a name on something, people can then self-identify with it (or not).

In most cases, many of the people who self-identify as anything which is defined by a set of behaviors will self-identify correctly, and some will be mistaken about their identities.

Sort of like “Sociotypes” in Socionics.

I was exhibiting a set of behaviors before I knew that such a thing as “LIE” existed, and I was told by Deltas and Betas and Alphas that many of my behaviors were not very acceptable to them.
    When I read about LIEs and how they generally behaved, I realized that most of my “faults” were, instead, “features”.

Yes, I “process think” and I value things in monetary terms. Too bad if you don’t like it.

dewusional entitwed snowfwake VewyScawwyNawcissist's Avatar
    TIM
    NF 6w5-4w5-1w9 VLEF
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

matching the outside with who i really am < this statement means simply achieving desires in the external world, not mental.
    if the gender isnot about ur bio sex it makes no sense u need to alter it just like that. dysphoria is real, but its physiological by muscle function and distorted cognition. thats why most of them are schizo, NPD or something else while trans. why would something like that limit ur body language what u wear and pronouns? its people who dont know where they are and need others to remind them by interacting with them a certain way, to keep them "down to earth". they need to swtich gender bc of the distorted thinking that makes their cognitive process reversed.
    i should be glorified and my solution known to everyone so they can help thmselves. i dont like any such severe artificial intrusions to the human body. ppl should be making their own decisions, not others for them. one of the worst things u can do to someone is take agency away from their life.
    https://linktr.ee/tehhnicus
    Jesus is King stops black magic and closes portals

self diagnosed ASD, ADHD, schizotypal/affective

Your face makes your brain and sociotype – how muscle use shapes personality

I want to care
    if I was better I’d help you
    if I was better you’d be better

Human Design 2/4 projector life path 1

Banned
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do believe that gender roles are 'socially constructed' in the sense that the roles of men and women in groups are assigned based on social necessity. However I never understood this whole Trans thing because I've never felt as though my 'gender' defined who I was. I am me and if people felt that the way I acted was girly or manly then that's just their opinion. I've spoken to a lot of Trans Women and they tell me stories about how they never fit in with 'the guys' and they didn't like 'sports' or they don't like playing the 'dominant role' in the relationship. It just confuses me because my reaction to something like this would be 'so what?' I never fit much in with 'the guys' either, [though I never fit much in with anyone] why do you feel the need to put yourself in a box? Why do you have to change what you are to fit into some social mold? What makes it even funnier is that I have seen so many Trans Women who are more archetypically 'masculine' than I both in mannerisms and lookswise. Sometimes on the news I see some things about parents raising their kids without 'gender' and it makes me wonder how I would be had I grown up with a family which subscribes to 'wokism', and suggested that I was a 'girl' or 'non-binary'. That would be a horrific idea to put into a kid's head, to get them to worry about things like that. This might be anecdotal but I also noticed a lot of Trans people have had a sexual trauma. But, I digress.

No, I don't think that children should have their puberty delayed to decide their gender. I do not even think people with gender dysphoria should transition either. From my observations it seems to me that people with gender dysphoria feel as such as a result of their inability to fit into social roles and so they assign themselves into another. It's totally unnecessary and I think that people should just accept themselves as they are. They just need help.

I've also noticed Trans women tend to be more common than Trans men. I don't know what the data on this is but again this is just my observation. I think perhaps a lot of men feel useless in contemporary European society because everything is much too domesticated. Too much law and order and no where to go off and adventure. So the men tend to depression and become easily susceptible to Transgender propaganda. Civilization as a whole degenerates man and domesticates him to be obedient and subservient. I don't like this at all, and I want there to be more masculine men with much energy and vigor. We are no longer in the age of conquerors or adventurers and this saddens me deeply. Men need to have more spirit.

TIM
    SEIZOR
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This should be banned.
    Bound upon me, rush upon me, I will overcome you by enduring your onset: whatever strikes against that which is firm and unconquerable merely injures itself by its own violence. Wherefore, seek some soft and yielding object to pierce with your darts.

-Seneca

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bump.

For real, are at least a few people (mainly teenagers) starting to identify as transgender because of a fad?

TIM
    Intuitive
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bump.

For real, are at least a few people (mainly teenagers) starting to identify as transgender because of a fad?

Yes. In sweden there's been a giant surge of gender dysphoria diagnoses. The increase among girls aged 13-17 is 1500 procent since 2008, about the same time the iPhone was released. A lot of them are also autistic.

I know there are corners of the internet were these people socialize and convice themselves and each other that they're transgender when in reality they're just teenagers going through teenage shit in a world that wasn't made for them.

But was that what you were asking? Or were you talking about people who do it more as an identity marker and flaunt their pronouns in their Twitter bio? Because yeah, that's a thing.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I really feel like I need to read more about gender dysphoria with a neutral mindset to get a better understanding of the trans issue but I just can't help but feel there are many cases where the young people identifying as trans are just poorly informed, and @Cataclysm, I see the phenomenon of people who flaunt their pronouns as an identity marker on Twitter to be very similar to the misinformation that many young people seem to have regarding the trans issue.

I do suspect gender dysphoria is actually a legit thing in some cases, but I am not sure what causes it. In any case, I don't agree with allowing minors to use puberty blockers or get sex changes. There is a limit.

TIM
    Intuitive
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hardware Punk View Post
    I really feel like I need to read more about gender dysphoria with a neutral mindset to get a better understanding of the trans issue but I just can't help but feel there are many cases where the young people identifying as trans are just poorly informed, and @Cataclysm, I see the phenomenon of people who flaunt their pronouns as an identity marker on Twitter to be very similar to the misinformation that many young people seem to have regarding the trans issue.

I do suspect gender dysphoria is actually a legit thing in some cases, but I am not sure what causes it. In any case, I don't agree with allowing minors to use puberty blockers or get sex changes. There is a limit.
    Yeah, I think the twitter people are a bit older and sorta creating this environment that's supposedly accepting of mental illness and all that, but in reality they're glorifying it, at least to the eyes of young people. It gives them an easy ticket into the cool people club that a teenager desperatly wants to be a part of. Entry fee? Your well being. This is just a guess since I haven't investigated that part of Twitter but that's how it works in pretty much any other group.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cataclysm View Post
    But was that what you were asking?
    Yes, thanks.

TIM
    school shooter one
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hahaha.

I’m surprised many people don’t already take these.
    how to enlarge your dragon, click here

Quote Originally Posted by End View Post
    get ready to get cucked
    Quote Originally Posted by roger557 View Post
    got this Socionics stuff caught by the balls

TIM
    school shooter one
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As a follow up to this discussion: https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...nder-ideology)

What's your take on letting people delay puberty until they're mature enough to make the choice to transition? Relevant to this, the UK has recently passed a law against their use:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-...shire-55144148
    Combined with the “news” on royal family members being nonces?

Yeah I think we know what the real motivation is here.
    how to enlarge your dragon, click here

Quote Originally Posted by End View Post
    get ready to get cucked
    Quote Originally Posted by roger557 View Post
    got this Socionics stuff caught by the balls

Banned
    TIM
    ILI-DC™
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stupid and unnatural, people change every second.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My impression is that to many people (notably, those with authoritarian leanings), the transgender issue feels like an assault on something very fundamental. I could be wrong, but I suspect that there is more to their opposition than the final spasms of a socially-constructed Christian morality that's trying to reassert itself: To people who seek out a sense of certainty and permanence, the decoupling of biology from sex must feel disconcerting on a deep psychological level. The fact that children are now subject to it must feel like the ultimate red line.

And if liberals keep pushing, they'll continue to radicalize this minority of people (authoritarians are a social minority; but, then again, so are avant-garde radical liberals, whereas everyone else is somewhere in the middle and either ambivalent or agnostic about this and other cultural issues).